Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Origin of Darkness: Jafar's Story by TigGirl92
[Reviews - 4] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
It was a dark Arabian night like no other. At midnight, a child was born in the palace of Agrahbah. But he was no prince. He was crying in his crib in the chambers of his father, the Royal Vizier, Ahib Rah, and his wife, Justra.

"I looked into his eyes," said Ahib. "They are your eyes." Justra lay in bed, still trying to catch her breath. She seemed distracted. "Allah - has - come - for me..." she gasped. "Tell me - his - name..." Ahib thought and quickly came up with one. He said, "Jafar. Our child's name is Jafar."

Justra stopped breathing. She looked at her newborn son,who had stopped crying and looked at her too. She held out her hand, whispered "Jafar..." and fell back onto the pillow and died.

Jafar grew up never knowing the kind, beautiful woman that was his mother. The only thing he remembered was her final breath that called him and the starry Arabian night similar to one that of more than thirty years later.