Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
THE BOOK OF ALADDIN STORIES by jasminegrl
[Reviews - 3] Printer

- Text Size +
Aladdin is the story of a young troublemaker named Aladdin who lives in the large and busy town of Agrabah with his faithful monkey pal, Abu. The Princess of the city, Jasmine, grows tired of being forced to remain in her palace overlooking the city, so she sneaks out into the marketplace, disguised as a townsperson. She meets Aladdin and Abu, and they enjoy being with each other. They want to be together, but Jasmine can only marry a prince, which Aladdin certainly is not. Meanwhile, Aladdin becomes caught up in a plot by the vizier or Sultan's advisor, Jafar, to obtain a mysterious lamp and gain the rule over tha land. Jafar needs Aladdin to retrieve the lamp from the Cave of Wonders. Aladdin must outwit Jafar and his plan and find a way to be with his beloved princess. This is another story of the famous Aladdin, the same boy, but in another situation where he will do just about anything for...well...anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aladdin and Abu were walking around the market when they spotted a food stand and nobody around it. They hadn't had anything to eat all day so they decided to "be the merchant." At the food cart there was tomatoes, apples, and various other items. They figured that if they worked the stand until there was little or no food left, they would have enough money for the night's supper and for tomorrow's meals. To make the people come to the food stand, Aladdin called to them. As for Abu, well he just made a lot of noise.

"Tomatoes! Apples! Zucchini!" Aladdin called. "All for cheap prices, and I'll even bargain with you if you must."

That got the townspeople to go check out the food stand Aladdin was working at. He sold the items to his customers and was content with the money that he had earned. When most of the food was gone and there weren't a lot of people in the marketplace, Aladdin went to buy a loaf of bread and met Abu in an alley where they usually ate their meals.

"This might have been the greatest day of our lives. We actually got away with selling food that we found and have a nice amount of money," Aladdin said. Abu smiled and nodded. "We should get some real food tomorrow and feast like the kings!!" Aladdin laughed. "I only wish it would be like this everyday and we wouldn't have to always get into trouble. I mean, of course it is fun, always outrunning the guards and having them say, 'We'll get you next time you little rascal!' but I wonder what it's like to be like royalty, or even to be a prince or a king. I should stop day-dreaming, shouldn't I." Abu nodded and rolled his eyes. "Fine, I'll try not to fantasize as much any more, but it's fun, Abu. Anyway, we should be going to sleep now. We have a big day ahead of us."

Aladdin and Abu smiled, hid their earned money so no one would steal it from them during the night, and went to sleep. The next morning, there was a big crowd around the cart where Aladdin and Abu were selling food the other day. The real owner of food stand thought that someone had stolen his food. They stopped to listen.

"Hello, Supin. How are you today? Wait a second. Where did all of your food go?" asked a friend of the merchant.

"Which one of you stole all my food? This cost a fortune to buy and I sell it to you folks pretty cheap." Supin said this while pointing to each of the customers, one by one.

Then one of them spoke up. "I bought food from here yesterday. There was a young boy selling food with his monkey. I thought it was probably your nephew or son so I didn't report it to the guards."

The merchant bellowed, "WHAT!! You just that it was a relative of mine so you didn't report it!! Did any of you report it to the guards?" They all shook their heads or mumbled a quick "no." "Then what are you doing here? Go give the guards a description of that boy and have them find him!!" The townspeople scurried off in all different directions to go find a guard and describe the boy they saw selling the food. Supin shook his head, "What am I going to do?!?! I leave for just one day and just like that, all of my food is gone." So he decided to look for the boy himself.

After Aladdin and Abu heard the merchant complain, they decided they should run for it. "Excuse me! Pardon me! Excuse me!" exclaimed Aladdin as him and Abu were rushing through the market. As they were running, they quick ran into a small alleyway to take a break and eat some of their food. Thay made sure they still had their money that they had earned the day before. Aladdin said, "That merchant said he was looking for a young boy with a monkey. You will have to follow me and hop from building to building, Abu. I'm sorry, but it is the only way we won't be able to get caught. I will whistle three times when you can come back, okay?" Abu forced a nod and him and Aladdin were on their way. When they were almost at the city gates, Aladdin overheard a woman talking about a cave, the Cave of Wonders actually.

She said to her friends, "Have you ever heard of the Cave of Wonders?" They all shook their heads. "Well, then you must listen to this story I will tell you. It is full of adventure and danger. It is absolutely amazing." So she told them of the obstacles and risks a person must take to get through the cave and retreive a very valuable item. She said, "No one has ever made it out alive to discover what the item really is. I don't think anyone ever will." Then the woman and her friends walked off.

Aladdin and Abu looked at each other. Aladdin looked like he had an idea, but Abu rolled his eyes and shook his head. "I think we should go to the Cave of Wonders," said Aladdin. "We just have to find out how to get there. Abu, do you think we should ask the man that the woman was talking about how to get to the cave?" Abu shrugged. So Aladdin and Abu went to look for the man.

When they finally found him,