Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Aladdin's Story by Amanda
[Reviews - 1] Printer

- Text Size +
Aladdin's Story
By Amanda

This takes place during Aladdin the movie from when Prince Achmed insults him to after he takes Princess Jasmine on a magic carpet ride.

NOTE: All characters in this story belong to Disney.
-------------------------------------------

I'm just a street rat. That is only what people think. If only they'd look closer, they'd see more to me. But for now, I'll have to live the way I have been all my life, stealing food to stay alive.

On one fine morning Abu and I stole a melon for breakfast. As we ate above the cart we stole from, I noticed a new face in the marketplace. This face was the most beautiful face I had ever seen. She was so pretty and looked lost. She gave an apple to a little hungry boy, I guess she was new around here because she didn't know she had just stolen. The cart owner became furious. He took her by the hand and asked her "do you know what the penalty is for stealing?". I guess she didn't because as he raised his sword to chop off her hand, she begged him not to do it. I felt so bad so I had to chime in. I told her to play along as my crazy sister, which she did. Then after all was settled, I took her and Abu back to my hovel where we talked.

She had no trouble climbing and jumping from roof to roof. When we got to the hovel, she seemed amazed to how it looked. I don't know why, but I had to show her the view. She wasn't amazed at the palace view. She talked as if she knew what it was like, and thought it was better living my life. I laugh at that thought. I guess she thought that the life of a street rat would be better than living in a palace. Well in whatever world she was from, she told me she ran away because her father was forcing her to get married. With how are lives were at that moment, we both felt "trapped". At that instant I knew I loved her. When we were about to kiss, the palace guards came in and we both said at the same time "they're after me. They're after you?" Then she mumbled something while I was finding a way to get out. The only way was down. I asked "Do you trust me?" But she was to busy panicking. So I asked her again "Do you trust me?" She said yes and took my hand as we jumped!

The guards caught us on the ground. I was taken by the guards and they held me still as the head guard, Rasoul, threw her to the ground and laughed, She then stood up and said, "Unhand him, by order of the Princess!" and took off her hood. I was shocked, just about as shocked as the guards. Princess Jasmine of Agrabah was with a no account street rat. I was in total disbelief. They took me into the dungeon because Princess Jasmine had no control over what happened to me, the matter was in Jafar's hand. Who was Jafar anyway?

I sat in the palace prison, handcuffed to the wall, thinking about the Princess. No wonder she knew so much about the palace, I must have sounded stupid to her. Then I saw Abu. He came down, even though he was mad at me. He used his lock pick to get me out of the handcuffs. Then out of nowhere, an old man came out. We talked and made a deal. I would go into the Cave of Wonders and get him the lamp he wanted and I would get some kind of reward.

As we went further into the cave, Abu and I came across a magic carpet, who befriended us and helped us find the lamp. I would climb up the steps to get it and Carpet and Abu would wait down at the bottom for me. Abu saw a huge diamond of some sort and went and grabbed it. Then everything turned to hot lava and flames. Carpet rushed us out and we almost got out of the cave when a huge rock hit his back and dropped him to the floor. Me and Abu went flying at the steps. As I tried to climb up, the rock started to break and I held on tight. The old man was watching. He wouldn't help me up unless I gave him the lamp. Once I gave it to him, he took it and looked at it with envy as Abu tried to help me up with his cane. He kicked Abu and grabbed my wrist. He was giving me my reward: my eternal reward. Then he grabbed a knife and almost stabbed me. Abu bit him and he dropped me down. He threw Abu down after me. Carpet caught us and settled us down to the cave floor.

I woke up, trapped inside a magical cave, how strange. My head hurt worse than any other time in my life. As I started to insult the old man responsible for this, Abu pulled something from his vest. It was the lamp. The hairy little thief stole it from the traitorous old man! Abu was very proud of himself for his job well done.

It looked like there was something written on the lamp. I tried to read it, but it was hard to make out. I rubbed it to see what was written but then a light blue cloud trailed out of the tip of the lamp. It was a genie. A big blue genie who was funny, loud and outgoing. As I got to know what him more, I learned I was his master. I had 3 wishes that I wanted to use carefully. Genie gathered all of us onto carpet and flew us out of the cave to a small desert oasis.

At the oasis, I still hadn't forgotten the kind Princess Jasmine- how could I? I asked Genie what he would wish for, hoping he would give me a helpful answer to help me with my Princess problem. He gave me a great answer, but it didn't have anything to do with love. He said he wanted to be free and he explained why, I felt sorry for him and made an agreement that I would use my third wish to set him free. I told him about the Princess and realized the only way I had a chance with her was if I were a prince. That was my first wish and Genie did a great job.

A parade was organized for me, I mean Prince Ali. As I entered Agrabah, all the people seemed to like me. I didn't care though. I only cared if the Princess liked me. The Sultan liked me, a lot. His royal vizier, Jafar, seem awkwardly familiar, but he didn't care. He wanted me out of the palace, but the sultan let me stay. Princess Jasmine wasn't happy with the three of us. She wouldn't let me talk to her all day. So at night I flew up to her balcony on Carpet to talk to her.

"Princess Jasmine" I called out to her. She was in her room, looking depressed. She asked who was there. "Prince Ali Ababwa". She didn't want to see me at all and she told me. I begged her to let me talk to her. Her pet tiger, Rajah, started coming after me, so I took my turban off to shoe him away. She instantly recognized me, so she asked "Do I know you. You remind me of someone I met at the marketplace." I had to think of something, and fast. I told her something about my servants and that it couldn't have been me that she met. She looked as if she had only been interested in the street rat she had met. I couldn't crack now, I didn't want her to get mad at me. I longed to tell her the truth, but I couldn't, not if I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. She instantly became mad at me because I was acting like a stuck up prince. She told me to go jump off the balcony and that she wasn't a prize for a prince to marry. She was right, she deserved to be happy. I told her that and with a simple "I'll go now", I jumped onto Carpet, waiting below the balcony. She screamed "no!" thinking I was plunging to my death for her and so I had Carpet fly me up to see what was wrong.

She was amazed with Carpet. I asked her if she wanted to go for a ride. She asked "Is it safe?" I told her "Sure, Do you trust me?" Without realizing that I said that to her at our first meeting. She was on to me "What?" I repeated the question and she replied with a simple "yes".

We started all of a sudden and she fell on to me. With her hands holding on to me tight, we sat down. To be honest, I didn't mind and I don't think she did either. I started singing to her, I was singing from my heart. I wanted her to know how I felt. She chimed in. She has such a wonderful singing voice. We finished the song together, soaring all over the world. I entwined my fingers with hers as our song came to an end. Carpet landed on top of a Chinese building. Jasmine said, "It's all so magical," and it was. We were watching the fireworks, well at least she was. I was too busy watching her. Pretty soon, she was on to me. She said "It's a shame Abu had to miss this". Without realizing it, I said "Nah. He hates fireworks. He doesn't really like flying either. That is, oh no". In midsentence, I blew my cover. I was over with, done for. I had to think of a cover and fast. She wanted to know the truth. I couldn't tell her I was a street rat. She'd laugh. I thought of something "I sometimes dress as a commoner to escape the pressures of palace life. But I really am a prince." She wanted to know why I wouldn't just tell her. I said "You know, royalty going out into the city in disguise, it sounds kinda strange don't you think?" Hah, I had her now, she did the same thing. But she said, "Not that strange," and with that she moved closer to me and put her head on my shoulder, I was the luckiest man alive!

Carpet took us back to the palace shortly after that. I helped her off, we said our goodnights. We were staring at each other, me on top of Carpet a little below the balcony and her peeking over the balcony edge. Then all of a sudden, Carpet boosted me up so my lips met hers. Nobody moved so we shared a long, passionate kiss. I was so happy! I did it! I won her heart. I shouted "yes!!" after she went in her room. That night was like no other. I was in a whole new world.