Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
The Midnight Vigilante by Mariposa79
[Reviews - 28] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
The Midnight Vigilante

Warning: All Aladdin characters are associated with the Walt Disney Co. Some of the dialogue are used from the "Aladdin and the King of Thieves." which also associated with Walt Disney. They were also posted in the transcripts section in www. aladdincentral.org. I just had to use this dialogue to tie along with the idea and the title I have. All other characters are fictional.

The Prologue


There was peace and tranquility through out the night sky into the city of Agrabah. The silence was broken by a pack of palace guards running from the palace. They were yelling, screaming, and running after two men that were escaping on horseback. The two horsemen were running swiftly on top speeds. They past the city's gates and the palace guards stopped cursing at them. The escapees kept on going without looking back. They galloped over sand dunes. They stopped at the canyon that had the view of Agrabah’s palace in the background.
Aladdin looks around on his horse, " Did we lose 'em?"
Iago hangs off the side of Cassim's horse, " I don't know but I did lose my lunch back there."
Cassim informed, " They won't be able to pick up our trail until daylight. By then we'll be long gone form Agrabah." Aladdin looks back at the city of Agrabah and he was standing at a fork in the road. One side of the road is his future and go back to be with the love of his life and the other side of the road is to ride on with his father. Someone that can provide the answers to Aladdin’s forgotten past. He thought to himself," You don't know who you are. Until you fully understand where you come from." Cassim spoke again, " I'm sorry for what you lost. But you can't come back now, you know that." Aladdin came down from his horse without giving a second thought. " What are you doing?" exclaimed Cassim
" I'm not going with you. I can't" said Aladdin
" Well, you can't go back. The moment you show your face in Agrabah your life was over." reasoned Cassim.
" I have to go back. Jasmine is there."
Iago tried to help Aladdin realize that the consequences are severe, " Kid, it's over. You're a criminal now. If you go back they'll lock you up then you'll never be with your princess.
" Aladdin." Cassim interrupted, " We'll find a way to get you back into Agrabah's city limits. I promise." Aladdin got back onto his horse pulled on the reigns and galloped with his father.
Not very long, they returned to the lair of the Forty Thieves. Cassim’s remaining forty thieves were not happy. They surrounded Aladdin, Cassim, and Iago into a corner. Sa'luk came forward. They were shocked to see Sa’luk still alive.
Iago looked at the anger into the thieves faces, " I don't think the welcoming committee is happy to see us.."
Sa'luk approaching to Cassim grabbing his shirt, " All of us here voted on a new leader. You've been replaced by a better man."
Cassim sneered back, " What? Our votes don't count?" Sa'luk swung Cassim to the side to punch him. The oracle fell out of his coat. Cassim stood brave without an ounce of fear.
Sa’luk was about to cut him with his brass knuckles. He saw the oracle sparkle on to the ground. " Well, well look what we have here. The oracle. Thanks for the present. " He turned and ordered his men. " Tie the loving family together. We're going on a vacation."

Back in Agrabah, it has been an hour after Cassim's jailbreak. There was a large knock into the huge doors of the throne room. The Sultan was awake from his slumber to attend an emergency meeting downstairs. Jasmine curiously followed to know what's the commotion about. Rasoul bowed respectfully to the Sultan and Jasmine.
He looked at Jasmine with disappointment into his eyes. " The King of Thieves has escaped from the dungeon and Aladdin was his accomplice."
" What?! Please tell me that this isn't true. Rasoul, are you sure it's him? ." asked Jasmine.
" Yes, Princess. He posed as the King of Thieves until I ripped part of his cloak. Aladdin's face was revealed." he answered to her.
" Where are they now?" asked Sultan.
" They left Agrabah heading north."
Jasmine stood in shock. Her fiancée left town without telling her. Did he leave for good? Why he didn't say anything to her? No even a single word. The words rang ' They left Agrabah' went over and over through her head.
A decision was brought to the Sultan and he announced, " Gather ten of the royal guards and search for them. Look high and wide. Bring them back here. They can't be far. It's awfully late. They have to stop and rest somewhere."
" Father, what's going to happen to Aladdin?" asked Jasmine. Jasmine was afraid what's going to happen to her love if he's brought back or comes back.
" I'm so sorry, dearest. He's your fiancée and he's like a son to me. The law is the law and he broke it. Aladdin has to pay the consequences if he returns."
" I'm sorry, Princess Jasmine." said Rasoul. " The boy has obviously followed his father's footsteps. He's a criminal now. We have to follow the rules."
Jasmine took the news and wasn't sure how she would feel. It was looking at a disaster site of an explosion. Angry: That Aladdin left with no word or explanation of what he was going to do. Worry: for his life and the consequences that will be carried out if Aladdin is brought back or comes back. Shocked: that he left her after the promise that he wouldn't. Hope: Maybe he will return and things will work out for the better. Aladdin will fight for her. Sadness: Jasmine realized that the incident had already taken its place. Aladdin and her will never be together. Her fiancée had dug him into a deeper hole. How would a criminal and a princess live a life as one? There would be rumors and scandals. Jasmine would never bring shame into her family name. Even if the expense was her own. Suddenly there was denial: What if it was a joke or one of Genie's antics to prove how strong her love is to Aladdin. What if Aladdin is waiting for her at the old Hubble? The princess quickly called out for carpet and he appeared. " Carpet, take me to Aladdin's Hubble." she said as she hopped on board. Carpet flew out of the palace with her. Her heart was beating fast and the vision of him waiting there for Jasmine. She was happy and full of hope. Genie was there with Abu. They were both sound a sleep.
A familiar female voice called out from down below. " Aladdin!"
Genie pounced up all startled and Abu screamed in fright in Genie's reactions. " AH! AH! I don't know anything! You can't beat it out of me! I won't tell you anything!"
Jasmine stopped him from waking up the neighborhood. " Whoa! Genie! It's me."
"Jas! Why are you here so late?"
Jasmine found an empty Hubble and no sign of Aladdin. " I just thought that he would be here and that everything is one terrible nightmare. It's a practical joke right?
Genie? You love to kid around."
" Sorry, no joke. Princess. You know there was guards scouring all over place looking for Al? If they find Abu and I here then they'll interrogate and torture us. I've seen that dungeon room. There were so many gadgets and weapons to torture you. I rather run away than to go through that. "
Jasmine’s eyes widen and her mouth dropped. She thought that once Aladdin gets caught they are going to torture him to reveal where Cassim is and torture him again for helping a criminal escape.
" Okay, I will shut up now.” said Genie
" I'm sorry. He and his father breeze through this city like the wind." apologized Genie. He looked at Jasmine. She had a heartbreaking facial expression.
Jasmine had tears coming down her face, " How can Aladdin do this to me? How can he just leave?"
" Here." Genie handed her a handkerchief. " Al, did this out of love for his father. How can he tell you? Al felt responsible for bringing him here and he felt he had a duty to get him out. Al doesn't want you to get involved. He loves you. He'll find a way to contact you. If he doesn't I'll kick his butt to Timbuktu. mmm hmm." Genie snapped his fingers and moved his neck side to side like a soul sister. " Yeah girlfriend and believe me."
The next morning there were wanted posters plastered up all over town with a 100,000 dinare reward for each man. Some of the royal palace guards had return from their search for the two wanted men. They were nowhere to be found. Jasmine stood at the balcony looking at the desert beyond the city's walls. Thinking that Aladdin would return over that horizon. Sadira visited and found Jasmine looking out.
" I'm so sorry." said Sadira.
Jasmine sighed and looked out, " It's hard not to know what's going on with him. It worries me. Aladdin's out there and there's a million possibilities that anything could happen to him. What if he needs me and I can't be there? What if he’s hurt? Or if he’s held prisoner?" Her eyes were about to well up again.
" Aladdin's a smart guy. He has beaten every monster, disaster and evil incarnates. He' ll know what to do in a jam."
" If he loves then he'll find a way back here. But chances are slim that we will be together." Tears were coming down Jasmine's face.
" I think is the bad luck catching on."
" What? Bad luck? What do you mean?" asked Jasmine.
" I've been reading about wedding traditions that it's bad luck for the groom see his bride in her wedding dress. It's bad luck when ceremony is interrupted. It happened to you twice. "
" How do you know that we had a second ceremony?"
" Believe me Jasmine. Word travels fast from the palace to the streets. If this marriage were meant to be then the first ceremony would have been carried out its course. Maybe it wasn't meant to be."
Jasmine was appalled and shock to hear the words that came from her friend’s mouth. " Sadira! How can you say that? Aladdin left last night. The pain is still fresh. "
" I'm sorry. The facts are plain in sight. What can you believe?"
" My heart. Sadira. I truly believe that we're meant to be together. Why? I know so. You’re when you're in love when you see the lives of your children into their eyes. Or your whole future flashes in front of you being with them. Many suitors from all over the seven deserts came to court me. I try to imagine a future being with them and I see nothing. With Aladdin I see everything my children, us growing old together, the places we're going to see and the trials that we're going to go through."
" Please don't think that the reason I said all that because of my childish crush on your fiancée. I'm happy for the both of you. Really I am. I want Aladdin to be happy and he's happy being with you. He loves you."
Just before Jasmine said a word. The royal palace guard barged in, " Princess Jasmine! The sultan needs you in the throne room. They caught them."
Jasmine's heart jumped for joy.' He's back!' she thought. Jasmine and Sadira ran out of the room. " Maybe if I can talk to father to lighten the punishment and finally we can get this wedding into perspective." They went into the throne room and instead of finding her fiancé and his father. She found a circus. It seems the reward money was too high of a price. Instead of a manhunt it more became a treasure hunt. There were many look a likes of Aladdin and Cassim. But there was only one flaw that separated them from the real mcoy.
Genie was skimming through the crowd. " Al?" He tapped on one's shoulder. " No, you have blue eyes." He approached another. " Al? No, you're too ugly." He walked over to another. "Al?" There was an exact resemblance. " Monkey boy? What do you think?" Abu examined him and shook his head no. " Sorry man. You don't smell like him."
Jasmine saw the duplicate along with Sadira, " Aladdin?"
" Yes, your highness." the duplicated replied. It wasn't Aladdin because his voice was too deep.
" How can you tell? " Sadira smiled mischievously, " Can I keep one?" Jasmine glared at her. " What? You want one too? We can him have take Aladdin's place." Jasmine continued to glare. " I was just joking around. You know. Hardy har har."
The princess smiled and her spirits were enlightened only for a moment. " I don't know if my heart can take it anymore. I see him but it's not really him. Sadira, let's get out of here and get some air."
The sultan sat on his chair and the people who thought they had caught Aladdin and Cassim. They were demanding their reward money. It was getting overwhelming for the Sultan and Genie came to the rescue. " Sorry guys but the applicants for trying out for Aladdin and Cassim in the King of Thieves are not what we are looking for. " Genie turned into Faye Dunaway as a judge in the Starlet. " Don't call us. We'll call you."
The royal guards escorted all the men out of the palace. Sultan relaxed in relief, " Thank you. Genie for your help. This must have been hard for my daughter." The sultan looked for his daughter and she was out. " Where's Jasmine?"
Jasmine and Sadira were out in the marketplace. Sadira offered Jasmine a sweet treat. " Here have some. They say it boost your emotion into happiness."
" What is it? Asks Jasmine
" Chocolate. The vendor said it was from South America. It came from a Cacao tree."
" It is delicious." said Jasmine. She appreciated that Sadira helped to cheer her up but the sights of the marketplace reminded her of Aladdin. Jasmine sighed in sadness and looked out of the city," Where are you?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know what you think. Your reviews are greatly appreciated.