Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
The Midnight Vigilante by Mariposa79
[Reviews - 28] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Chapter One - Keeping the Hand of Midas

Somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea, Aladdin, Cassim, and Iago were tied up against the mast of the boat. They can smell the sea air with the wind brushing against their faces. The boat rocked side to side. They were struggling to loosen the ropes.
" I can't believe you have the oracle." said Aladdin
" And leave Agrabah empty handed? What else can I do? " Replied Cassim.
" Sorry about interrupting a family quarrel. What are we going to do with this situation here?" squawked Iago.
" I don't know Iago. You should ask the King here." replied Aladdin.
Sa'luk interrupted the conversation, " I'm getting impatient Cassim. Ask the question."
" We must go further out to sea." replied Cassim.
Aladdin noticed one of the thieves, " Psst. Hey you come here." The thief ignored him
Cassim noticed the call made from his son, " Aladdin, what are you doing?"
" Doing what we street rats always does improvise." answered Aladdin. He called again.
The thief responded, " Shut your yap or I'll shut it for you."
" Do you think Sa'luk can be trusted once he has the treasure? How do you know that he'll betray you just like he betrayed Cassim?" The thief was about to raise his hand at Aladdin, thought about what Aladdin had said and stopped.
" How do I know that Cassim can't be trusted?"
" Has he ever betrayed you before?"
" Yes! He did! He revealed our secret location."
" How can he reveal the secret location? My father was with me the whole time." The word father brought a smile to Cassim's lips. " You were there when I beat Sa'luk to the challenge. How did he survive from that fall? Who else would reveal the secret location?" The thief had some light shedded onto him. Aladdin was right. Who else would reveal the secret location?"
" Stick with me and we'll be rich men. We'll be living like rich men and be kings." implied Cassim.
" Hey! What about my share huh? I'm not-" Iago's head was elbowed by Aladdin.
" Hear this." Cassim whispered into the thief's ear.
He agreed with Cassim and together they carried out a plan. Just like that, the news was spread like wildfire. The feeling of deception was much worse than the smell of fish in the sea.
" Ask it now! Cassim." ordered Sa'luk
Cassim asked his question to the Oracle. " Where can I find the hand of Midas?"
The Oracle appeared, " The Vanishing Isle will appear at dawn and I'll show you the way." A trail of light showed the way.
" There's your setting Captain." implied Cassim
Dawn had broke and the boat reached the light. The light was brighter than that morning sun and it glowed from miles to the end. " You have arrived."
" Where is it?" one thief commented
" I see nothing. Nothing but fog." another thief respond
Sa'luk raised his arm to strike, " I've had enough of your trickery!"
" No! This is it! The vanishing isle. Watch!"
The vanishing isle appeared on the back of the giant turtle. The giant palace stood tall in white marble, golden gargoyles and garden greenery. It's amazing architechury took everyone's breath away..
" You know Aladdin. Among all three wishes with the Genie you should've wished for that. It has a special treat inside. A rich treat!" commented Iago.
The men climbed on to the island. Without a warning, Cassim called out. " Now!" The thieves surrounded Sa'luk and ambushed him. Sa'luk was stronger and took out five me. He threw the five men like ragdolls. Aladdin separated from the group and climbed the highest column. Sa'luk grabbed Cassim and dragged him into the monument to retrieve the hand of Midas.
Aladdin spotted Sa'luk and jumped down knock him out of his feet " It took me years to find my father." Using both of his hands he hit Sa'luk knocking him out. " I'm not going to lose him again. The rest of the thieves gain consciousness and recieved orders from Cassim to get the boat ready. " C'mon Dad! Let's go get that treasure of yours."

Aladdin and Cassim found the hand of Midas. Sa'luk woke up and went after on Aladdin. Cassim threw the Hand of Midas to Sa'luk and Sa'luk grabbed the hand. He turned into gold. ( Authors note: If I wrote the whole thing, it would take forever to get to my point. You should read the transcript in the section in this website www.aladdincentral.org Or rent the movie " Aladdin and the King of Thieves". My point is that they actually get to keep the Hand of Midas. They live like Kings. Back to the story).

Aladdin and Cassim came out of the Isle and board onto the boat. Aladdin pulled out the Hand of Midas. " After all these years you finally have your treasure."
" No son. It's you. You are my treasure. Sorry I haven't realize it before. I owe it to you to get yours." Cassim turned to his men. " Guys, Our money troubles are over! We can finally can get back to the families we left behind and give them the life that they deserve."
Everybody cheered and clapped. The boat was set sail to Morocco. Just in a couple of months. They landed onto Morocco’s beach. The thieves gathered some rocks and other things they want to turn gold. They tore the boat into pieces and turn that into gold too. From there they parted their separate ways. Cassim assured his men that if they need more. They can always look for him in the neighboring city from Agra bah, Bastialan.
" Dad, why are we here in Morocco?" Aladdin wondered.
" Because it's has the finest casinos in the desert. We'll paint the town red! Wait! I mean gold!" said Iago
" Not yet bird! Aladdin, there's someone here that you should meet and she'll be living with us." answered Cassim.
" Why?" Aladdin asked
" Because I promised your mother."
Cassim and Aladdin went into a school for the talented and the gifted. There were people that had artistry talents, people with special disabilities, prodigies, and genius minds. The head of the household led them to a room that overlooked Morocco’s courtyard. Inside of the room there was a beautiful woman with wavy long black hair. Her olive skin glowed perfectly. She looked out of the window staring out and rocked her chair. The girl was the same age as Aladdin. She felt a presence into the room.
" Who's there?"
" It's me Alexandria. Uncle Cassim."
She jumped up into excitement. " Uncle! You've come for me! I knew it! Mena read to me your letters to me." She walked towards Cassim and greeted him with a hug and a kiss.
Aladdin noticed the color of her eyes and her pupils were white. She's blind.
" This person right next to me is your cousin. Aladdin and this little one here is Iago."
Alexandria smiled and Cassim guided her to Aladdin. "Finally! I have family! I'm Alexandria. I'm your mother's niece. Please call me Lexie."
Aladdin returned the hug, " I'm happy that I have relatives too."
Lexie took a step back and examined Aladdin, " He looks like you uncle. He has a heart too. I can tell that there's greatness in you."
Aladdin was surprised that she picked that up. He was confused.
" Aren't you blind?" asked Iago
Lexie smiled, " I maybe blind but my psychic abilities make me see."
" Let me sign some papers for your release Lexie. We'll be on our way." said Cassim
Aladdin and Lexie were left alone for a while. Lexie walked to her closet and packed her belongings. He was amazed that Lexie looked like his mother. She looked exactly like her before his mother passed on. " You look like my mother." he commented.
" Yeah, I get that all the time. Your mother and my mother are identical twins. Both of them have that telepathy with one another. Uncle Cassim promised my mother to take care of me when she passed on. When she did, I was already admitted at this school. Every so often, Uncle sends me money and gifts whenever he can. He said in his letters once he got his treasure he would come get me. And.. Here he is!"
" So, Lexie what's in my future?" asked Iago changing the subject
Lexie winked at Aladdin and answered Iago. She pretended to have a vision and dramatically acted upon it, " If you don't change your ways Iago then death shall be upon you in gold."
" What? Death? " squawked Iago
Aladdin laughed and pretended to play along with Lexie's joke, " She means that your small brain of yours will lead you to touch the hand of Midas by accident." Iago screamed and hid under the pillow. Lexie and Aladdin laughed hysterical,
" Very funny guys. It all fun and games until it actually happens." said Iago
" I thought my dad thinks nothing for himself. I was proven wrong when I met you."
" Uncle Cassim writes and sends money whenever he can. He promised me. Once, he got his treasure. He'll come for me. Oh! I can't wait to go on his adventures." She tried to brush her soft wavy hair and her locks were still out of place. " Wild hair runs in the family you know. I'm surprised that you don't have that trait. Hmm maybe it skips a generation."
Aladdin smiled and laughed, " I tried not to let my hair control me."
" Sit right next to me." She patted a section on her bed. Aladdin obeyed. " Give me you hands." Aladdin gave her his hands. Lexie closed her eyes and searched through Aladdin's warmth and energy. " So many people depend and look up to you. You risk everything to save your father. Your fiancé she's beautiful and a princess. I can see her. She's upset that you left. She misses you."
Aladdin responded, " I miss her too."
" I see so many people getting hurt because you're not there. You need to go back Aladdin. Save them. Same them all."
" How can I do that? Lexie. I'm a wanted criminal."
Lexie pulled her hands away from Aladdin and she smiled, " It's going to be fun! I want to play too."
Cassim entered the room, " You guys ready to go?"

Just before they left the school. Cassim left a huge donation for the school. The head of the house almost had a heart attack. " We've been blessed! Thank you! Now we can buy books and equipment!" Everybody smiled so happily. They gather up a caravan with supplies, food, water and equipment. They were heading to Bastailan a neighboring city from Agrabah. Even though they are criminals in Agrabah doesn't mean that they’re criminals in Bastailan. The Hand of Midas made them live like Kings. They had a large mansion, they wore the finest robes and every luxury that would fit for a King. Iago made a tub full of rice and turned that into gold. He was swimming in it like Scrooge McDuck. Yeah, Aladdin had everything he wanted but it didn't seem complete without Jasmine. In his room, Aladdin sat on his lazy Susan and looked out of his window staring at the stars. Cassim peered through his son's door.
He sighed, " I didn't ask him to risk his life away for me. He should have been married by now. I want to do something for him. But how?"
A voice called from behind, " Redemption."
" Alexandria, how's that possible?"
" I have an idea. With my psychic abilities, your inventions, and his physical attributes in fast legs with your smarts. I think that we could make a great team. Think about the good that we'll be putting into Agrabah. Giving money to the poor. Saving the innocent. We'll be heroes."
" Will Aladdin agree to do this?"
" Oh yes. I can sense it into my cousin. He craves for adventure."
That evening they had dinner and discuss Lexie's idea for getting Aladdin back into Agrabah.
" Gee, Kid. It seems that you and this heroic stuff are always stuck to each other. For me I had enough of evil and injustice in a lifetime.” commented Iago.
" That's fine. You can stay here if you want." said Lexie
" Son, Are you sure about this?" said Cassim.
Aladdin nodded his head yes." A promise is a promise."
" Let's make a toast." All three raised their wine glasses and toast. " For redemption, for Aladdin getting back the woman he loves and for Lexie having her first adventure."
" Here! Here!" Everyone said and their glasses clinked together.
And so the Midnight Vigilante is born.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know what you think. Your reviews are greatly appreciated.