Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Aida by persian85033
[Reviews - 11] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Aida looked up at the sky, towards the south. She missed her father and her sister. Ever since she was very young, she had lived with an aunt. Even though her aunt liked to travel a lot, all over the world. Aida didn’t like it. They were always behind the palace walls, never outside, in what Aida called the real world. She got to see all the sights, and everything, but only met members of the royal families. She missed her sister Jasmine. Her father had send her away after their mother had died, because she was such a problem child, and he couldn’t look after her himself. The servants couldn’t, either, since she was so rebellious. Jafar, her father advisor had suggested that he send her to live with relatives away from the palace in Agrabah. A servant came with a letter for her. Aida took it.
It’s from home, she thought, excitedly.
She and her sister, Jasmine always stayed in touch. Jasmine would write to her about Father would try to force her to get married, and how she hated all those suitors. Aida wrote about the places she visited, and the boring people she met there.
Lately, though, Jasmine’s letters had been much more cheerful. Apparently, she had met someone she really liked. His name was Aladdin, and Father had changed the law, and now she could marry whomever she chose, regardless of where he came from. Fara thought she would like to meet Aladdin. He sounded wonderful in Jasmine’s letters. She began to read:
Dear Aida,
I’m so happy. Father changed the law, and very soon I shall marry Aladdin. I should like you to be at my wedding. Father also wants you to come back. Now, Jafar is gone for good. He will not be doing any more damage. I would like you to be part of my wedding, and to help me with the decorations. With your traveling, you would probably also know more about everything, I guess. I have so much to do. I’m so excited. I can’t wait to see you again. I hope you won’t be long. Now, I’m finally getting married. I can’t wait.
Your sister,
Jasmine
“Oh, wow.”she said aloud. She sat up. “Get everything ready.”she told the woman who had brought her the letter. “I’m going to Agrabah, and find my Aunt Fara.”
“Yes, Princess.”
Aida got up, and went to her aunt.
“Aunt Fara, you know, Jasmine says she’s going to be married.”
“And who is the lucky prince?”her aunt asked.
“His name is Aladdin. I’ve told you about him. Jasmine’s told me about him in her letters.”
This always irritated Aida. Her aunt never seemed to pay much attention to her.
“No, I don’t think you have, Aida.”
“She met him in the marketplace at…”
“Marketplace! What are talking about the marketplace.”
“That that’s where Jasmine met Aladdin.”
“What would my niece be doing at the marketplace?”asked her aunt with a disgusted look on her face.
“She ran away from the palace, you know, and she met Aladdin there.”
“Oh, dear. Thank heavens my brother has an adivosor who advised who send one of his daughters to me. At least one of you has been properly educated. Ran away from the palace, and actually spoke to a boy in the marketplace. Oh, dear!”
“There was nothing Father could do! Besides, now they are going to be married.”
“My niece marrying a street rat?”
“Don’t call him that. He’s the man my sister is going to marry. And I’m going to the wedding.”
“What? On no account are you going to that wedding, Aida. It’s bad enough that Jasmine is going to marry a street rat, however, for you to go! Haven’t you learned anything, girl. I’ve spend hours educating you, teaching you, and you still haven’t learned anything!”
“I’m going, Aunt Fara. Father send for me. Jasmine says he wants to see me, and he wants me to be present at my sister’s wedding.”said Aida coolly.
“I shall go, too.”said Aunt Fara. “And see if I can put a stop to all this nonsense.”
“Aunt Fara, you are not going to spoil my sister’s happiness!”
“Don’t speak to me in that impertinent way, young lady.”
She rang the bell.
“Make all the necessary preparations. My niece and I shall be traveling to Agrabah.”
“Yes, my queen.”
“And take my niece to her rooms.”
“Right away, my queen. Come, princess.”
Aida went. When she got to her bedroom, all decorated in the style her aunt loved best, she sat down at her desk, and began to gather her sketches. Rhanya liked to sketch, draw, and paint, especially things she saw on her travels.
“I shall take these with me to Agrabah. Jasmine will love to see them. I just hope that my aunt will change her mind, or give up. Jasmine sounds very happy, and I don’t want her to have to go through what I do almost every day with my Aunt Fara. She is such a grouch. I think that’s why my uncle decided to die. She must’ve growled him to death.”
She giggled at this. Everything was ready for their departure the next day.
“How long will it take us to get to Agrabah, do you think, Aunt Fara?”she asked.
“Not long, hopefully. The sooner we put a stop to this nonsense, the better.”
“Why can’t you just leave Jasmine alone?”
“Oh, no, Jasmine is my niece, and it is my duty to lead her down the right path.”
“My father allowed it.”
“He is mistaken.”
Aida decided it was best not to argue. Hopefully her father wouldn’t allow her aunt to give her sister a hard time. Like her aunt predicted, it didn’t take them too long to get to Agrabah. They were there in two days. Aida looked out the window at the gardens in the palace. How she had missed them. Waiting for them at the top of the steps were Jasmine, her father, and a man, whom she assumed that was Aladdin, her sisters fiancé. Aida didn’t wait for the footman who would help her down, but opened the door and jumped out herself.
“Jasmine!”
“Aida!”
Jasmine hurried down the stairs, while Aida hurried up, and halfway, they met and hugged each other tightly.