Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Aida by persian85033
[Reviews - 11] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
People were coming from all over the Seven Deserts, and some even from other parts of the world. Several different monarchs came, too. The guards were guarding the entrances to Agrabah, and the Palace. Genie was going from here to there, making sure there was nothing wrong, and that nobody missed the wedding, and they were dressed properly. Iago said that he would guard the gifts, that you never knew. Aida helped Jasmine dress for the wedding. She was almost as excited and nervous as Jasmine was, even though she said it was because she had never organized a party, and she was afraid something would have gone wrong. She ran downstairs, to see her father.

“Where is the groom?” asked the sultan.

Genie gasped and fled out of the room to fetch him.

“Now how is it possible that he doesn’t show up for his own wedding? I thought it was usually the bride the one who was late. At least that almost always happens.”Aida said.

“Oh, dear, I do hope nothing has happened to him. Jasmine will be heartbroken.”

“I’m sure nothing has happened to him, Father.”

“Yes, I’m sure you’re right, Dearest.”

Aladdin showed up later, on Carpet, and went to the altars, with Genie making a fuss, and finally, the ceremony was about to begin. Four guards came in carrying the sultan. Then the flower girls, and finally, the bride, behind two peacocks. Jasmine walked up to the altar, and hugged the sultan, then she took Aladdin’s arm.

Suddenly, there was a stampede, and pandemonium raged. Thirty nine men walked into the room and started to tear everything apart, and steal things such as purses, jewelry, anything from the guests.

“Oh, dear!”said the sultan.

The guards came in and tried to stop and arrest the thieves, but they were too good and too quick. Some of the guards ended with no clothes, trapped behind stones, chandeliers, and pillars that had fallen from the walls or the ceiling. Genie was worried about leaks, so he stretched himself in the middle of the ceiling, while the rest, around him, fell to the ground. Abu and Carpet started to trick the thieves and dropped chandeliers over their heads. Aida ran out of the room, towards the stables, got Tormenta, her mare, hopped on her bareback, and galloped back, where Tormenta kicked three of the thieves, who had climbed on top of one another, down. Jasmine joined the fight, and kicked one of the thieves in the face.

“That was for ruining my wedding!”she told him.

“These are the Fourty Thieves!”someone called out.

“I only count thirty nine!”Genie replied.

“Fourty.”said Aladdin, as he ran out, toward where the gifts were being kept.

Genie realized that there was no more ceiling, and decided that his attempt at stopping leaks was worthless, so he started chasing the thieves out by magic. The thieves started to run out. The whole room was a mess. People had had their clothes torn, their possessions taken from them, and a couple were injured. Pillars had been destroyed, the walls had holes in them, and the ceiling was gone, except for Genie’s outline in the middle.

“I’m so sorry, Jasmine.”the sultan said, looking around the room.

“Not to worry.”Genie told him, and he turned himself into a foreman, while his workers, Iago, Carpet and Abu sat around drinking coffee, and reading the newspaper.

Jasmine and Aida had already abandoned them and gone to look for Aladdin, who was picking up the gifts, and putting them back where they were.

“What were they after? The gifts?”Jasmine asked.

“Not all the gifts,”Aladdin answered her. “Just this one.”

He held up the sceptor that Aida had bought from the peddler. Iago started to exclaim why they had been after that when there were far more valuable things around the room.

“That!”Aida exclaimed. “But I bought that from a peddler I met somewhere in the marketplace. I didn’t think thieves had such, well, good? exotic? maybe weird? taste. I chose it out because I thought it looked kind of elegant, kind of neat. I thought it would look nice, beside the throne in the throne room. You know, blue and gold. That’s why I was thinking of getting the jeweler, or someone to make another one just like it, you know. Oh, Allah, I’m such an idiot. I should never, ever have bought that thing. But that’s just the trouble with me. If I hadn’t have bought it, the thieves wouldn’t have come in after it and ruined the wedding. I’m so sorry. I really am.”

“You didn’t know, Aida.”Jasmine said. “You had no idea that those thieves were after this. But how could they have found out it was here.”

Iago asked what the thieves wanted with that thing, and suddenly, the room was illuminated by a bright, white light, and the image of a woman came out, telling them that the King of Thieves wanted her to tell him where to find the ultimate treasure. Iago asked her where the ultimate treasure was, but she said that he had already asked his question.

“That’s what he meant by one.”Aida said. “I thought that he meant there was only one Oracle. So, I guess you can ask her anything about, well, anything. You just have to come up with a question that whose answer will be the answer to all your questions. Kind of makes you ponder, what could be the most important thing in your life? Makes you meditate some.”

“We could learn anything about our lives, our future.”Jasmine said.

“I know what my future is. My future is you.”Aladdin told her. “It’s my past I don’t know about. But my past isn’t just one question, it’s a million questions.”

The Oracle told him that all his questions could be answered by one person, his father.

“I thought you said you had no family.”Aida said to Aladdin.

“I don’t. Or at least I don’t think so. My mother told me that my father died years ago.”

“Well, when was the last time anyone saw your father? I mean, if he was alive, how come he didn’t try to find you, or something? At least find out if you were still alive, if you were all right, if you even had a piece of bread?”

“I don’t know.”

“Remember, you only have one question. Choose carefully.”the Oracle reminded him, and she disappeared back into the sceptor.

“Oh, well.”said Aida weakly. “At least, I guess that now all you have to do is ask her, and we’ll get to meet your father. Right?”

She sat down on one of the pillars that the thieves had cause to drop. Aladdin went out of the room. Aida hung her head.

“This is all my fault. I shouldn’t have been so stupid, and bought the Oracle from the peddler. I should’ve gotten you something else. Curtains, or something.”

“It’s not your fault, Aida.”

“Yes, it is. What are we going to do now? I guess the least I can do is help Genie fix everything, so you can get married as soon as possible. I think I better go change.”

She walked out and went to her bedroom, and changed out of her new dress. She walked back down, to see that Jasmine had also changed, and Genie had silently started to put everything together. Later, Jasmine went out to look for Aladdin. When they got back, Aladdin had already decided what he would ask the Oracle, where to find his father. He learned that his father was trapped in the world of the Fourty Thieves. Immediately, he changed out of his wedding robes, and he, Abu, and Carpet were off. Genie said that he would have everything fixed and ready when they got back. Iago decided to go with them, as to avoid the work of repairing the damage the Fourty Thieves had caused.

“I’ll try to hurry and be back soon.”he told Jasmine.

“Don’t worry.”Jasmine told him.

“Thank you, Aida. Thanks to you, I know where to find my father. That really is a great gift. Shookran.”Aladdin said to Aida.

“I’m just glad that something good came out of the Oracle. Your welcome.”

“The thieves may have ruined the wedding, but thanks to them, now we can get married when Aladdin’s father is here to see our wedding day.”said Jasmine.

Aladdin, Abu, Iago, and Carpet then flew over the palace walls, and were out of sight.

BTW, for those who don’t know, shookran is thank you in Arabic.