Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Settling the Score by CascadeofOnyx
[Reviews - 10] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
**Disclaimer** We in no way are affiliated with the Disney corporation, and wish to say that we own none of the characters in the story with the exception of “Socorro and Cholandra”. ENJOY!!

SETTLING THE SCORE

BY: MysticMeg and Meesh

Chapter 1
RETURN TO AGRABAH



The desert was dark. There was little moon, and the bit of light that would have been able to reach the desert was blocked by the large canyon rocks that rose up near the wall of the city. Animals scurried around on the sand, looking for their next meal, and fighting each other. The wind was light, but it still had the power to pick up sand and swirl it around in the air every once in awhile. It was not a night to be walking out in the desert.
But, in the middle of the desert there two silhouettes striding across the cool, dark sand. They were dark blue and black cloaks, that covered most of their faces. They talked to each other while trying to keep their pace up.
“Dre?” One of the cloaked figures asked.
“Yes?” The other one responded, looking towards the first.
“Are you sure that this is what you want to do? Are you sure that you want come back *here*?” the deep-voiced man asked, looking up at the palace gates they were so close to.
Dre snorted, “We have crossed the whole desert, we’ve been walking for days! And now you ask me if I want to turn back or now. Now, when we’re just a hundred yards from the city walls?! Corey, even if I wanted to turn back, it wouldn’t be worth it now.”
The man, now identified as Corey, looked over at his female accomplice, “I was just making sure.”
Dre rolled her eyes, “Are you sure that you want to go back here?” She looked back over at Corey.
Corey nodded his head, “This place was actually not to bad when we lived here, plus, I told you. Wherever you go, I go.”
Dre smiled, but it was masked by the cloak. They kept walking until they came up to the city walls.
“Halt, who goes there?” A guard had stopped them. Dre let the hood of her cloak down, revealing her pretty face. She was indeed, pretty. She had a tan complexion with long sandy blonde hair. Her eyes were a light brown, and her lips were the color of pink roses. Dre flicked her hair provocatively, and looked back towards the guard.
“We want to enter the city,” she almost demanded.
“What is your name, stranger?” The guard asked. He was a small man, and Dre knew that she could take him if need be, but she decided that she would do it the easy way.
“My name is Cholandra,” she replied. She turned and pointed towards her companion. “That is my friend, Socorro.”
“What business do you have in Agrabah?” the guard asked in suspicion.
“The hopes of opening a business and starting a new life,” Dre replied. She stared the guard, hoping to wear him down. This task was not easy, seeing how the guard kept on with his incessant questions.
“Listen,” Dre interrupted him after a few minutes of babbling. “We used to live in Agrabah, but we had to leave for “various reasons”, and now we just want to come back to our homeland to start a business like our parents.”
“How dare you interrupt me?” The guard growled
“How dare you try and bore us to death with your stupid questions and stories,” Dre returned.
The guard became angry and he raised a hand to grab Dre. Dre was about to counteract when Corey came from behind her and took the guard down. He had his knees on the guard’s back, and the guard’s head was lying on the sand, while Corey made sure that his arms were not of use.
“This is how it’s going to go,” Corey said. “We want to get into the city. You’re the one who can allow us into the city. Now, be a good boy and open the doors for your new guests, or I’ll make sure that the cobra sitting over there recognizes you as its next meal. Understand?”
The guard nodded, and Corey laughed. He let him up and the guard quickly grabbed a torch that was sitting on the wall. He waved it up towards the upper tower, and the doors began to open slowly.
“That’s a good man,” Corey said as he directed Dre into the city.
Corey and Dre started down the streets, and then they heard the doors close behind them. Corey finally took down his hood and looked around. He was young, maybe a bit older than Dre. He had dark brown hair and a darker complexion than his companion. He had emerald green eyes, and a strong jaw line.
Dre heard the doors slam and she punched Corey hard on the shoulder. “Ow!” Corey yelped. “What was that for?”
“Why’d you go and do that?” Dre asked, as she pointed back towards the wall. “You could have gotten us killed!”
“Your welcome,” Corey responded, still rubbing his shoulder. “It got us in didn’t it?”
Dre shook her head, “You have to be more careful. We can’t just attack everyone who gives us a hard time.”
“Are you seriously trying to tell me that if I hadn’t have interfered that you would have just stood there and let him hurt you?” Corey asked, a smile playing on his lips.
Dre looked down at her feet, “I guess we’ll never know now, will we?”
Corey sighed, “Well, now, we have to find a place to stay.”
“I already have an idea,” Dre replied. Corey realized that she was leading him through the streets in a direct fashion. She knew where she was going. Dre came up to a large building and looked up.
“No way, are you serious?!” Corey asked after he had realized where she had led him.
Dre scoffed, “We don’t have anywhere else to go, do we? C’mon, I’m tired.”
Corey watched as she began to climb up the building by a ladder on the side. Dre looked down and realized he wasn’t following. “Aren’t you coming?” She called down in just over a whisper.
Corey shook his head, “I refuse.”
Dre rolled her eyes, “Fine, stay out there. Won’t be long until your friend the guard tells his buddies and they come out looking for you.”
Corey gulped and grabbed the wooden ladder and started up it behind Dre. As soon as he got to the top, he sighed. “He couldn’t have made a bridge or something?”
Dre didn’t reply, she simply swung herself across the two buildings and looked back, expecting Corey to do the same. Corey did, and soon he was by her side again. “Let’s go,” he said with a sigh. Dre let him take the lead and soon they were at their destination. They clamored up the broken steps and fallen beams until they came to the high landing.
“Oh, too bad, he’s not here,” Corey said sarcastically.
“We didn’t need him to be here, we just need the place,” Dre responded. “However I wonder what happened to him.”
“Do you think he died?” Corey asked, a hint of hopefulness in his voice.
“Corey!” Dre said in surprised humor. “That’s not nice.”
“I don’t care,” Corey grumbled. “Or, he could be rotting in some dungeon. The kid could never stay out of trouble.”
“Oh, yes he could,” Dre remarked. “He was one of the best at getting out of any trouble.”
“Let’s not go into that tonight,” Corey said as he found an old pillow and handed it to Dre. Dre took it and laid her head down. Corey found another pillow and also laid down, a step under Dre.
Dre sighed, “Do you think he’s alright?”
“Why do you care?” Corey spat back.
“Because we did spend a lot of our lives with him.”
“Aladdin was one of our worst mistakes, and we paid for it dearly.”
“Yeah, you’re right.”
“Go to sleep,” Corey demanded, then he turned away from her. Dre did the same and she looked out the window to the golden palace in the distance. She sighed heavily, and it wasn’t long before she heard the deep breathing of Corey, signifying that he had gone to sleep.
“Where are you Aladdin?” She asked softly, before she too was enveloped in sleep.


*~*~*~*~*~*

In the palace, another couple were also beginning a heated discussion. Jasmine came out from behind the dressing screen, and smoothed out her nightgown. She crawled under the heavy sheets and blankets on her bed, and laid down.
“Jasmine, I don’t want her to come,” Aladdin’s voice came from next to her, and he looked at her.
Jasmine sighed, “Aladdin, it’s one day. How much trouble can she cause in one day, one night?!”
“It’s Sadira!” Aladdin responded, “That girl can cause some of the most serious trouble in just five minutes.”
“I trust her,” Jasmine returned, quieting her voice.
“Well, that’s your first mistake,” Aladdin spat back.
Jasmine rolled her eyes, “Aladdin, please. All you have to do is go to the city, and ask her to come.”
“Hmm… if I can find her, and if she doesn’t try and send me to some fairy tale land. Oh! Maybe this time instead of a ladle and pot, I could get a broom and Abu can turn into a cat. Then I could ride around the streets of Agrabah like the Wicked Witch of the West,” Aladdin said, staring at the ceiling.
Jasmine tried to hide her laugh. “You really should stop listening to all those stories that Genie tells.”
“Stop changing the subject” Aladdin said. He turned to look at her.
Jasmine shook her head, “Trust me Aladdin. It will be alright.”
Aladdin sighed, “Alright, I trust you. I’ll go tomorrow after helping out with building those new shops.”
Jasmine kissed him on the cheek, “Thank you Aladdin. You won’t regret it.”
“Oh, you know I will,” Aladdin returned. He blew the candle out that was sitting on his night table and the room went dark. He put his arm around Jasmine, and soon they both were fast asleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*

“Corey? Corey wake up!” Dre said in a loud whisper as she nudged Corey in the ribs. Corey stirred a bit before realizing pain and he jumped up. He didn’t say anything about her elbowing him, he simply sat up and yawned.
“Good morning,” he said with a sigh. He looked out the window towards the palace, and realized that the sun was just coming up. “Good night,” he said and he laid back down on the pillows and buried his face.
“No you moron!” Dre exclaimed, “We have to get up. I want to go out today.”
“No,” Corey simply replied, not looking at her.
“Yes!” Dre returned, kicking him hard in the shoulder. Corey went flying down the few steps and hit the ground hard.
“Stop that!” He yelled as he stood up.
Dre smiled, “Well, now that you’re up, shall we go?”
“The sun’s not even up yet!” Corey protested.
Dre looked out towards the palace again, “I know. Isn’t it gorgeous.”
“You’re starting to sound just like *him*,” Corey snapped as he threw his cloak off revealing his full body. He had a strong build. There was no softness to his midsection or arms that could be seen. He wore dark black harem pants, and he threw on a white, long-sleeved shirt that he had in his cloak pocket. He ruffled his dark hair, and swiped at his pants.
Dre just sighed, “You know I’m right.” She also took off her dark blue robe. She was slim, and toned. Just a little bigger than Jasmine, but there was still no sign of softness. She brushed through her tawny and wild blonde hair. She was wearing a simple harem outfit that was also black. She fixed her strap and then pulled out a band pulling her hair into a low pony tail.
“Are we ready?” Corey asked, not wanting to further their conversation. Dre nodded and he led her back through the entrance and down onto the streets of Agrabah which were just now starting to liven up.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Aladdin woke up after he felt the movement of Jasmine getting up beside him. He looked over, and sighed.
Jasmine turned around and looked at him. “Good morning,” she whispered.
Aladdin stretched and then replied, “Good morning.” He watched as she went to her wardrobe and began searching for her day’s outfit. She pulled out a light red outfit that was her normal style and turned to look at Aladdin.
“You should be doing the same,” she whispered. He got up and put his arms around her waist, and she laughed. “You need two outfits for today, get started.”
“Two?” Aladdin asked.
“Yes, one for today, and then one for tonight when Sadira comes,” Jasmine replied, and she turned to look at him.
“I had hoped you would have forgotten about that,” Aladdin whispered. He went to his wardrobe and began searching for the appropriate outfits for the day. He pulled out a pair of dark navy harem pants, and began searching for the light blue vest that would accompany it. Jasmine went over and pulled it out and handed it to him.
“Now, what are you going to wear tonight?” She asked.
“I’ll figure that out later. I’m going to find her right after breakfast,” he said.
Jasmine nodded, “That’s good. But don’t be gone to long, we do have a full day we can spend together before we have her come over tonight.
Aladdin kissed her and smiled, “It won’t take me long at all, I promise.”
“Please be nice,” Jasmine pleaded.
“Oh, of course I will,” Aladdin replied, and after they had changed he led her down to the breakfast hall.

*~*~*~*~*~*

“I’m hungry,” Corey stated. He was walking down the main streets of Agrabah with Dre by his side, looking at all the fruit and food carts.
“Then get something,” Dre replied pointing at the money pouch at Corey’s side.
Corey shook his head, “We need to save if we ever want to open that shop up.”
Dre laughed, “But we do need to eat.”
Corey looked at her with a mischievous smile, “Or..”
“No,” Dre protested, “you will not steal from these people. We won’t go through all of that again.”
“We were just kids then,” Corey replied, “we’re a bit older now.”
“Which also means we should be smarter,” Dre added, but she realized that Corey was no longer looking at her. He was staring straight ahead at something with an intent gaze. She looked where he was, and realized that the crowd was beginning to make a clearing. They all began to bow and they saw a man coming down the street.
“Royalty,” Corey growled, but he didn’t take his eyes off the crowd. “Wonder who it is.”
“The princess?” Dre suggested, but she soon realized that it was a man that they were all making way for. She peered at him, and realized that there was something very familiar about him. “Hey, Corey, does he look at all-”
“Familiar?” He finished. “Yes, I know I’ve seen him somewhere before.”
“That can’t be,” Dre replied. “We never knew anyone royal.” But as the man got closer, she couldn’t help but think that she had talked to him before. Then the man disappeared down a long alleyway, and the people stopped bowing and went back to their business.
“Wouldn’t it be a thrill to steal from royalty?” Corey asked as he looked at the alley the man had disappeared down.
“No.” Dre replied harshly.
“Oh c’mon Dre,” Corey almost whined, “The guy doesn’t even have an escort or anything. He must think he can take care of himself.”
“So then maybe we should leave him alone,” Dre suggested, and tried to pull her friend away from the alley. “I wonder who he was.”
Corey listened for a few moments to the chatter of the people around them. “Sounds like he’s the prince.”
“What’s a prince doing out here among all his people? Aren’t they supposed to be stuck in the palace, where they’re safe?” Dre asked in disbelief.
“Like the princess,” Corey replied. He turned back around, “Let’s wait around for him. I have a feeling that this is going to be fun.”

*~*~*~*~*~*

Aladdin made his way down the alley and up to a dark doorway. He knocked on the door, and waited for a few seconds. When no one came he went to turn back, “Oh well, guess she’s not home. Dang.”
“Aladdin?” A voice came from behind. Aladdin let out a defeated sigh and turned around, smiling.
“Sadira,” he replied. He came back up to the doorway. Sadira seemed shocked to see him.
“Umm… your highness,” she stated and began to bow. Aladdin took her shoulders and stopped her.
“You don’t have to do that, it’s Aladdin you’re talking to,” Aladdin said. He smiled genuinely this time.
“Come on in,” Sadira said as she ushered him. She followed him and immediately tried to straighten her place up. She nearly fell over a chair, but Aladdin caught her and set her back on her feet.
“Are you alright?” He asked.
Sadira blushed, “Yeah, uh, what can I do for ya?”
“Jasmine wanted to know if you would like to join her, well, er…us at the palace tonight,” Aladdin offered.
Sadira’s eyes lit up, and she smiled, “Of course! I’ll be there.”
“Oh, well, alright,” Aladdin replied and he turned to leave.
“You have to go so soon?” Sadira asked, taking his arm.
Aladdin stiffened, “Yeah, well, I got to go do stuff.”
“Stuff?” Sadira asked, not letting go.
“Yeah, umm… I’m going to help build those new shops in the middle of town today,” Aladdin said.
“Oh, they can wait, can’t they?” Sadira said with a pleading tone. “It’s not often I get friends here to visit me.”
Aladdin pulled her hands off of him. “Well, it’s gonna take all day,” he lied.
Sadira’s eyes fell to her feet, “Oh. Well I guess I’ll see you tonight then.”
“Yep, guess you will,” Aladdin said quickly and then disappeared out of the room and back into the alley.
Sadira stared after him, and then she gasped. “What am I going to wear!?”

*~*~*~*~*~*

Corey watched as the prince made his way back up the alley. He was waiting at the corner, and the prince was coming closer.
“Corey, let’s just go,” Dre pleaded.
“No, I want to have some fun,” Corey responded. He turned back to look at him, but then someone jumped in front of the prince. It was a young girl, and she was holding a bouquet of wild desert flowers.
“These are for you and the princess, Prince Aladdin,” the girl said through nervous stutters.
“Aladdin!?” Corey said. Dre’s mouth hung open, and she gaped at the sight.
“It’s him,” she whispered to Corey. “He’s still here, and he’s the prince!”
Corey didn’t respond. He watched as Aladdin took the flowers from the young girl. He followed her inconspicuously and then laid a few gold coins on the cart her mother was running. He left before the woman realized the gift he had laid, and was now coming Corey and Dre’s way. Corey and Dre watched as he passed them without a glance.
“He’s grown up,” Dre whispered.
Corey almost growled, “We need to go.”
“What, why?” Dre asked, but Corey grabbed her hand and led her back down the busy street, headed for the abandoned hovel. He led her up the stairs, and didn’t stop until they got back up the window.
“What is wrong with you?!” Dre yelled as she rubbed at her wrists.
Corey glared at her, “It doesn’t bother you?”
“What are you talking about?” Dre returned.
“It doesn’t bother you that he’s the prince? It doesn’t bother you that he’s achieved the life of luxury that *we’d* always dreamed of?” Corey said in a low voice. Dre turned silent, because it did bother her.
“It’s not fair,” Corey said.
“You’re still just sore because of what happened before,” Dre spat back, and she sat in the window sill.
“And you’re not?”
“It was ten years ago,” Dre said exasperated, “Let it go.”
“How can I when I know that the little street rat is now living a life of luxury?” Corey asked.
“What are you going to do about it? Just leave it be and start focusing on our new life,” Dre replied, glaring at him.
Corey began to pace, “We need more money.”
“Then we’ll work until we get it,” Dre suggested.
“That’ll take to much time,” Corey said as he threw himself down on the steps.
Dre sighed, “Well how else are we going to get the money.”
There was silence for a few minutes, until Corey put his head up. “I know how.”
“I don’t like the sound of that, what’s going through your mind?” Dre asked suspiciously.
“I’ll kill two birds with one stone. I’ll get the money we need, and I’ll get back at Aladdin.”
“No!” Dre screamed, “We will do this the right way. Leave Aladdin out of it.”
Corey raised his voice, “Just hear me out!”
Dre became scared, “How do you expect to get back at Aladdin?”
“By taking something that should matter to him a great deal,” Corey responded.
“Oh yeah, and what’s that?” Dre scoffed.
“His wife,” Corey replied.
Dre laughed, “You want to kidnap Princess Jasmine?”
“Yeah, why not?”
“I’m leaving,” Dre said, but Corey took her wrist.
“I want to do it tonight.”
“You’re crazy!” Dre said, but she sat back down. “She’s probably so guarded that not even a sorcerer could get to her.”
“We’ll just have to find out won’t we?” Corey asked as a flash went across his eyes.
Dre sighed, “Alright, what’s the plan?”
Corey took her in, and soon they had the whole thing worked out tonight.
“You’re sure?” Dre asked after they had finished putting the plan together.
Corey nodded, “Yes. I told you coming here would be for the best benefit.”
Dre nodded, but didn’t say anything. She simply looked back out at the window towards the palace.
“We leave at sunset,” Corey said, and he disappeared out of the hovel, leaving Dre alone with her thoughts.