Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Only The Stars Can Know by ViragoLuna
[Reviews - 9] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Only the Stars Can Know
Prologue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Yeah, so if you know me just a wee bit, you know that I have a HUGE soft spot for crossovers. So here is another one. Only this time I am trying to go a bit odd here... yeah. So this is an Aladdin/Prince of Persia Crossover. I hope I did ok! Just shoot me a review and let me know!

This chapter is really short only because it is the prologue, I hope to have the rest of the chapters longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She thought she was living a nightmare, perhaps not truly thought, but seriously knew that this had to be the single worst moment in her entire life. The fact that it was much, much longer than a moment made it all the more terrifying. Not even when Jafar stole Genie and overtook the palace, betraying her father, was she this frightened. All she could do was chant in her head that somehow Aladdin would find her soon and save her like he always seemed to do.

But as the weeks turned to months and the Raider’s caravan slowly pulled out of the desert that belonged to her father and into areas that she had never seen before she began to doubt that he was ever coming. Yet some how, each day, she found strength inside of her and refused to cry out in pain when the beatings started.

They were not allowed to rape her, so their leader had said, so instead they hit her, threw her and kicked her when she had not the strength to stand. Her only solace was that out there, months across the sand dunes, her love was worried about her and doing everything he could do to find her. So in the darkened night only the stars were the witness to her silent tear of despair.

She lay on her back in her thick wooden cage, dirty and smelling of sweat, blood, and everything else that unpleasantly clung to her soiled clothes and skin, the salty proof of her misery leaving marks down her bruised cheeks. Her large dark eyes opened wide, praying to Allah that if she could have nothing then let her have the peace of the beautiful stars that passed no judgment upon her weakness. For she sincerely thought herself weak, what kind of princess cries herself every night because of the trouble that had befallen upon her? Only the weak cry. Right at this moment she thought herself unworthy of everything that she had come by in her life. Would Aladdin still love her if he saw the tears upon her face right at this moment?

Screams of other women, those who were not as fortunate as her, echoed through out the night causing her to want more than anything to shut her eyes and ears to the horrors that they were facing. Yet she would not, she would suffer with them. Suffer this way just because it was the only thing she could do. Cry because she had seen those women walking in the baking heat while she rode in the wooden cage. Cry because they suffered terrors that she had never faced and at this point, it would seem she never would have to face. Cry because those poor souls had forgotten how to or the strength to show such emotion had left them. Cry because she could.

Cry because she was human.

Cry because she was weak.

TBC...