Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Only The Stars Can Know by ViragoLuna
[Reviews - 9] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Only the Stars Can Know
One

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: La, la, la, la!!! Here is the first chapter! Thank you soooo much for the review Jess! Here's another one fer ya! Sorry it took so long to update, but for some strange odd reason, it wouldn't post! SORRY!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Once again it was the horrid screams that woke her, terrified shrieks that turned her blood cold in her body. It was differently pitched and mixed in with the screeching woman where the shouts of dying men. She was no innocent when it came to the cries of the dying, no matter how much she wished it she could forget the sound a human makes when he is gripped from the hands of life by violence.



“Kill the prisoners!” one caravan raider shouted above the sounds of war, “He must not reach them! He must not get the princess!”



Her eyes widened impossibly large and she reached out her hand grabbing through the thick posts of her cage to grab a poor girl by her hair as she ran past. “NO!” the woman, no more than a child, screamed and trashed about, thinking this the end of her miserable life, “LET ME GO!”



“Silence!” The princess hissed, “I’m not going to hurt you! Please!” She pleaded to the girl when she turned and face her with a horrific expression, “Please help me,”



The body that she held onto gave a sudden jerk and she opened her mouth to scream, spraying the princess with her blood as she coughed before slumping to the ground in a broken heap.



“Naughty, naughty, Little Princess,” the raider cackled as he torn his jagged blade from her cooling, bloody body, “Now it’s your turn!”



She saw him raise his sword to strike her down and she shut her eyes, not bothering to dodge the blow. Just seconds before she had be desperate to save her own life. Now all she wanted to do was end it. End the beatings, end the crying, and most of all if she died now she wouldn’t have to face her weakness and Aladdin would never have to know that she had wept to the sky every night.



A grunt forced her eyes open just as she saw a wicked blade pull out of the evil man’s body and come at the side, completely severing his head from his disgusting body. His neck pumped out gory amounts of blood as it fell, causing the sky to look as if it was weeping the purest of crimson. She stared forward and all she could she was the dead and dying all around her, her unable to be apart of it because her cage protected her. Weather it was made of stone or wood, she realized, it always protected her from receiving the horrors of life, but yet made her a witness to it every day.



Blue flashed in her vision, cold eyes, the color of ice and the color of a demon stared right back at her. His cloak pulled over his face so she could not make out his features but those eyes would be in her memory forever. Every inch of his exposed clothes and skin was covered in the same color that stained the sand around him, it dripped off him streams and just as soon as he appeared, he was gone. Flashing through out the destroyed camp and killing everything that his demonic blades could touch.



Her heart pounded in her chest and for the first time in her life she knew the cold dread of complete terror. It dug its bitter claws into her heart and it squeezed until she was gasping for breath, each intake a choking sob as countless bodies around her died by the double blades of one man.



Tears streaked down her cheeks, begging her to blink yet unable to tear her gaze away from the brutality laid so clearly before her. She watched as he, with all the ease in the world, kicked up the raider’s own weapons and threw them at the backs of the fleeing. Sometimes the daggers or swords would settle deep into their spines with a sickening thump. Sometimes an axe would take off a flailing arm or leg. Sometimes one of them would completely take off a head, causing the severed part to fly dozens of feet from where the body would fall.



He used everything around him as a weapon. He jumped off of the sides of still burning wagons, using his foot to propel him towards his enemies diving at their middles as he spun. His deadly toothed blades shredding inner body parts to the softest of cream as he came out the other end only to land gracefully on his feet, as if he was performing some morbid dance. She was horrified, she was fascinated, and she was held in one place by her fear of him.



His twin blades stabbed through the stomach of his last attacker and he moved his arms with ungodly speed and strength, cutting the victim in two before turning to her and once more looking with those inhuman eyes. “You are the Princess Jasmine,” his voice was soft and kind, one of the nicest voices she had ever heard, “Word of your kidnapping has reached even to our lands.”



Her hands fisted tightly to her chest as she gasped for air, “You... you... killed all of them!” She sobbed as her knees gave out beneath her and she crumpled to the hard wood of her cage, “By Allah, you answer my prayers only to send me into the hands of this demon.”



Those blue eyes, eyes of a color that she had never seen before seemed to glow in the light of the desert moon, “Were they not your tormentors?” that oh so kind voice asked, “Are you not happy that you are safe?”



She throat let out a strangled cry, “The women!” she wailed, “The women that I heard all those things being done to at night... You killed them too!”



He took a small step towards her, holding out a hand palm up as if to calm her, “No. The marauders got to them before I could get any to safety.”



She lifted her head and looked to him, “You are not... here to kill me too?”



“No, Princess, I have come to save you.”



She felt herself falling into oblivion, the nothingness surrounded her for the first time in weeks, only this time she welcomed it. After all, she was oh, so very tired, but the back of her mind screamed at her to run from this man who had spilled so much blood with such ease. That spoke to her in this oh so kind voice. This devil that had spawned from the deepest depths of Hell to come and torture her.





“The... cure that is worse... than the... disease,” she mumbled before darkness completely over took all of her senses.




TBC...