Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Secrets of the Magic Carpet by persian85033
[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Carpet relaxed a little, seeing that everything was still intact. Oh, my, he thought. Perhaps there’s a way out. I will certainly go nuts if things keep going this way. He heard a voice, and immediately stretched out, as a simple, ordinary rug. He noticed that a monkey and a man had entered the cave.

Hmm, thought Carpet. I’m either mad, or perhaps I’ve finally found someone to play with. There’s only one way to see if they’re real.

He went behind the monkey. He noticed the monkey was aware that he was being followed, He stretched on the floor again. He pulled the monkey’s tail, and took his hat. The monkey panicked.

“Aladdin! Aladdin!”it screeched.

“Wow, a magic carpet!”

Carpet peeked apprehensively, behind a pile of gold. Oh, my, he thought. It approached them, picked up the monkey’s hat, brushed the dirt off with its tassel, and flew over to hand it to him. Apparently, the monkey thought that he would hurt him. I’m sorry, Carpet thought. Here, this is your hat. The monkey, however, began waving his fist at Carpet. Carpet sadly walked away.

“Wait a minute, don’t go!”

Carpet turned around uncertainly. Yes?he asked hopefully.

“Maybe you could help us.”

Me? Really? All right! He flew and wrapped himself around the two of them.

“We’re trying to find this lamp.”

Oh, that? It’s this way. It’s in the other chamber. See, over there. Just go over the stepping stones, climb up to the top, and there it is.

“Wait here.”

Yes, yes. Oh, my, perhaps we might just be able to get out of here after this. Uh-huh. Well, have you known him very long, Monkey? Monkey? Carpet looked around. Apparently the monkey was no longer waiting next to him. Monkey? Monkey? NO!!! Don’t touch that!!! He hurried, grabbed the monkey’s tail, and tried to stop him. However, his attempt was fruitless.

“Abu! NOO!!!”

Oh, no!

The whole place started to quake again. However, this time it was much worse. Much, much worse. Rocks started to fall from the ceiling, flames erupted. Apparently, the cave seemed to be collapsing on them. Carpet looked up and saw that the man needed help. He was about to fall into the fire. Carpet immediately flew over to him, and caught him in the just before he fell in the fire.

Hang on!

They had to fly back, however, to save the monkey. It took all of Carpet’s concentration to get them back to the entrance safely. It seemed that the cave wanted to stop them. They turned this way, flames erupted from the ground, almost missed them. They turned the other way, and the same happened. Just as they were going to make it, a boulder fell, and Carpet fell to the ground.

Oh, no! I’ve got to get free! I’ve got to get free!he said to himself as he struggled.

He managed it just in time to catch him, before the entrance closed off. Oh, my, is he all right?asked Carpet, as the monkey kept shaking him.

“Aladdin.”

He woke a little later.

Thank goodness!

“We’re trapped! That sly, two faced son of a jakal! Well, whoever he was, he’s long gone with that lamp.”

Oh, no. Now how will we get out of here?

The monkey pulled the lamp from his vest, smiling.

Now we might be able to get out.

He rubbed the lamp, and it began to glow and there were explosions, until finally, the Genie came out.