Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Blood on a Princess by Lynn Osburn
[Reviews - 6] Printer

- Text Size +

Blood On A Princess by Kalynn Osburn

There is an old maximum saying "Do not make deals with ones more powerful than yourself."

This, however did not cross Mozenrath’s mind as he spoke to the old crone. She was not human, this much was obvious. The stench of old death flowed from her being. The face she dared to show was crude and distorted, her eyes were pits of absolute soullessness. No pupils, just two unfeeling slits in her face. Mozenrath absently patted his familiar. The eel found himself as unfond of the reek as his master. Still as night the old crone sat. Not moving a muscle. Mozenrath found himself losing patience. "Get on with it. My patience is at an end!"

She looked up at him. Not truly caring about the price most would pay for speaking to her with such insolence. But he was young, with plenty of time to learnt he lessons life would bring. "Are you willing to pay for this information?" She questioned him with a humble voice. Mozenrath smiled, now he was getting somewhere. "Why of course." He watched her slits widen as the purse of gold spilt out onto the table. The old crone nodded. "Very well child, but be forewarned, this power comes at an extreme price. One not many are willing to pay."

Mozenrath glared silently at her. "Do not speak to me about prices wench. I know the costs of power." He glanced at his hand. "Now tell me," the blue-black glow came from his gauntlet, "Where is what I seek? I assure you it is nothing I haven't dealt with before."

"You will soon find out how very wrong you are my friend. Here in Romania, thing are different. Our ways are not your ways. " The crone leaned in. "You may find this strange."

Mozenrath leaned back, away from the stench. "I think I can handle it. Now where was I? oh yes," the glow increased. "GET ON WITH IT!" The crone sighed, this sorcerer would learn his lesson soon enough. "Do you see where the rest of the dead is?" Mozenrath nodded as he realized she meant the cemetery. "Go to the place of the Tepesh. You will find what you seek there. And beware me young friend, you are better off letting her lie in her rest, among her family." She laughed as she realized that Mozenrath would do nothing of the sort. "Go then boy. Form your alliance. See what comes with dealing in beyond the Holy Church."

A sharp whip like crack resounded in the small inn. She was gone having left Mozenrath alone with his thoughts and intentions. His dark eyes stared out into the black coming behind the dusk. "Time to go Xerxes."

The odd pair left the safety of the inn and walked out onto the streets. It was silent out her. The last children were coming home for supper. Mothers gave them quick spankings for returning late. The shutters closed against the night. Those at the windows looked at Mozenrath as though he must be crazy for going out.

Superstitious people these, Mozenrath mused as he walked down the cobblestone road. The fog had already begun to settle about his feet. No torchlight could assist him as he used his undersenses to guide him. Out of town Mozenrath walked, his curiosity growing. He watched as the wind made the willows bend, as though they were giant hand reaching out to prevent him. He stopped at the wire fence. It circled into the fog beyond Mozenrath’s vision. Cautiously, he opened the gate, he let it slam shut behind him.

The graveyard’s silence seemed to show indignance at being so rudely disturbed. The wind did not wish to enter this place, not even the tall trees picked up a slight zephyr. Mozenrath wandered about the tombstones. Some could be dated back centuries in time. His Romanian was threadbare but he was able to discern a few words. "Dracula, Vladimir. Born:, Died:, My God keep him forever hidden." Mozenrath snorted. "Obviously not the most popular fellow hey Xerxes." The eel giggled and spoke. "Not popular." Mozenrath continued along the cemetery plots until he came to a large marble tomb in the center of the place.

Mozenrath steeped onto the wet grass. The fog the had followed him all throughout the place now scurried away like field mice before a cat. Xerxes lowered his head even further into his masters cloak. He had no desire to venture into this place, something here didn't smell right. Mozenrath ran his hand along the glass doors of the place and was mildly surprised to find them clean. He backed away momentarily and looked through the widow. He couldn't see a thing. Cautiously he opened the door and stooped inside.

It was warm in the tomb. As though trying to defile the outside air. Child cherubs hung about the crypt, each face held a different expression. Each on more contorted and deformed than the next. "Luminos." Mozenrath called so that he could see. A ball of witch light flared above him. His grimaced pulled back further as he could now see the faces fully. Eyes and noses had replaced one another. Oh by Allah it was repulsing. He leaned into read the closest one. "Crystal Teshep. Died at birth. God rest her soul." Most of the following inscriptions were the same. Each child was a Teshep. It helped to explain that years of inbreeding had caused the children to die so young or live so deformed. "Unless all the children were males." It was a quickly dismissed thought, that didn't happen in many cases. 'Xerxes, make your pathetic hide useful and get a searching. Xerxes swam out from his masters neck and began sniffing the corners and walls of the tomb for any sign of a trap or entrance to another cell of the crypt. "Here master." the eel squealed. "Over there. But something wrong."

"What’s wrong with it?" Mozenrath questioned impatiently. "Can't tell. Just know. Shouldn't go in." Xerxes saw the determined look on Mozenrath's face. "Were going in Xerxes and were doing so now." The sorcerer walked over to the place where Xerxes had mentioned and began feeling the panel. "AHAH!" He exclaimed as the panel slid open. "And here we are." He walked into the room with Xerxes cowering under his hood.

One single ebony coffin lay in the middle of the room. No decorations, just a simple, elegant coffin. An elegant coffin, that was partially open. He came closer. The interior was a deep green, almost pine green.. He dared to look inside. The coffin was empty. "Well that just makes my job a thousand time easier."

"Well most people shouldn't poke their noses in where they don't belong." Came a soft, deadly voice.

Mozenrath spun about. "Who’s there?" "Someone of extreme consequence."

"Again, who’s there?"

"A very curious entity."

Mozenrath caught the mocking in the voice. "Curious about what?"

"About who among the thousands of mortals in this area would be foolish enough to walk into my privet sanctuary, especially alone." The voice a was severely predatory.

"Someone who would make a deal with one such as yourself," Mozenrath said respectfully. If this was who he thought, he DID NOT want it angry.

"And why would I make a deal with you." A shadow moved to his right, the first sign that someone was here. "You don't seem like you could have anything that would please someone like me. Unless you'd be willing to lean your head back a bit."

"No thank you. I rather enjoy having a neck." Mozenrath felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. He spun and felt two strong arms grab him. "Well hello there handsome." The voice was female. And so was the body, at least what was pressing against his chest was female.

Mozenrath knew better than to struggle. "So, what is your name friend?" The voice was seductively soft.

"I am Mozenrath, Lord of the Land of the Black Sand." He shifted uncomfortably as her knee was grinding into him.

"Quit a title. Especially for one so young. May I ask how you came by the title?"

"You may not. It’s not an entertaining story." Her knee was grinding into delicate area. "Especially for a ...lady such as yourself." He hesitated to call her a lady. After all he didn't really know her station.

She laughed. "I am hardly what one might refer to as a lady." Mozenrath heard a shriek of terror as the shadow pulled Xerxes away from his neck. "Well now doesn't this look tasty." Xerxes screeched again and must have bitten down, for the next thing Mozenrath heard was the scream of a girl. "Little bastard!"

Xerxes hissed and dove around his master’s back. "Cold. Cold like death." The eel hissed to Mozenrath. "Master, Xerxes not like. Want to leave." The eel had never asked to leave his masters side before. "Step into the light." Mozenrath murmured.

"Only to happy to do so." The shadow steeped forward into the moonlight.

Mozenrath had to gasp. Pale as the moon that shone she stood before him. Eyes a pale amber color and hair to match. Her body was lush and alluring beneath the gossamer dress she wore. Her lips were a dark red like fresh blood. She smiled, showing white teeth and pearl fangs. "Hello." Quick as lightning from the heavens she launched herself at him. Her knee connected with his stomach and brought him down. "Foolish foolish mortal." She murmured in a deadly voice. Her voice turned low and seductive. She began to purr. Like a lioness in heat. 'Come to me ." Her amber eyes glowed. "Come here. I won't hurt you." Mozenrath felt the sweet song of her voice spell beginning to ensnare his thoughts. ~Go to her. She wants you~ It sang in his head. He was being pulled to her. Mozenrath felt her hands undo his neck piece. "Good boy. Good good boy’ She whispered into his ear.

Mozenrath jolted awake. "Away you witch!" He screamed and pulled himself free of the spell.

Her smile turned malicious. She turned suddenly and the lid launched itself from the coffin. Her hand grabbed his cape as she flung Mozenrath into the green cushions. "Tiered. I know I am." Mozenrath let out an almost child like scream as the lid banged shut on top of him.

Xerxes had watched the fight from above. He knew coming here was a bad idea. Why did master never listen to him? Bravely he floated down to the girl who had trapped master. " Ma'am." He said trying to sound respectful.

She looked up at the eel, eyes now red as blood. "Yes?"

Xerxes gulped. "Ma'am, please let master out." He ducked away from the eyes. "Please?"

Her eyes slowly began draining the red color, returning to that sweet amber shade. "Now there is a loyal familiar." She leaned forward into a relaxed cat-like position. " All right eel, you have my attention. And do hurry. 'Master’ only has about 15 minuets of air."

Mozenrath wanted to scream. Actually he wanted to break out of this thing. But he was pretty sure that the coffin was magic proof. Oh Allah, he probably only had 15 minuets of air left. He thudded lid of the coffin. ~Oh god somebody open this thing!~ A conversation was occurring outside. Between his familiar and the vampire. The sound of claws clicking against wood reached his ear. A few bumps and the lid was open.

"Well sorcerer. You have a very dedicated friend here." She said as she opened the lid. "By the way. My name is Uvase."

*****

Uvase looked about the keep. The strange but attractive decor fit her perfectly. A thud of wood vs. marble reached her ears. "Be careful you sad excuses for zombies. That coffin has been in my family since Vlad Dracula!" The mamluks stumbled as she spoke. The hurriedly picked up the coffin and hurried away with it.

"Like my humble home?" Mozenrath commented from behind. "It’s not a cemetery." one of the mamluks dragged itself by. "I think." She slapped a comradery hand on Mozenrath’s shoulder. "Now, I believe we have business to attend to." She looked about the walls again. "Is there anyone LIVING in this place?"

"No one save me and Xerxes." Mozenrath warily backed up.

"I am starving. It has been a long journey and running water bares me no good will." Uvase looked Mozenrath up and down.

"Your sustenance will not be long withheld." Mozenrath promised. "I believe you will find my lab has more than enough blood to temporarily sate your thirst." He waited patiently for Uvase to enter. Without even realizing it he had begun to watch her hips sway. She still wore the gossamer dress.

"Nice." Mozenrath’s head snapped up at the comment. Uvase had her eyes on the vulture/human skull. She turned the white thing about in her hands. "Where ever did you come by such an artifact?" Mozenrath smiled. "I'm glad you appreciate the thing. It came from a rather nasty bird called a Vulmin. Little bastard gave me a rather difficult time."

"And where did this nasty hole in the head come from?"

"Like I said. he gave me trouble." Mozenrath stood over to the table. He pointed to a map of cities. "There. Agrabah."

"Never heard of it." Uvase leaned forward. "Is it magical?"

"Not particularly. I just want it." Mozenrath pulled a red vile down. "It’s more vendetta than anything else. I have a problem with the local hero population. A rather odd story of street-rat turned prince named Aladdin."

"An do you want me to condemn him to a life of undead torment?" Uvase asked. "No! Though I am tempted. A live Aladdin is one thing, but one with supernatural powers is out of the question."

"So how do you want his demise to occur?" She leaned closer.

"I want him destroyed, physically, emotionally. An empty human shell of non-existence!"

"My you must be fun at a party." Uvase mused and leaned away. "So basic obliteration here."

"Yes."

"I can do that. Is he attached? Married, girlfriend, favorite harem girl." "He’s married. To the princess of Agrabah."

"A street rat and a princess. The world outside of Romania has changed quite a bit since I was alive," she said with deep interest.

"Actually I think it was a special case scenario. How painful can you make this?"

Uvase leaned in close to Mozenrath, so close he could feel her breath. "Absolutely unbearable." She ran a hand up Mozenrath’s arm. She let her lips purse slightly and unpurse. Xerxes snarled as he realized what was happening. He swan over to Uvase and bite down on her. She screamed and realized the hold on Mozenrath. His mind snapped free. "Don't do that Uvase. Ever again." His voice held deep menace.

Uvase smiled. "Any magic assisting the hero?"

"A genie."

Uvase let a long low growl out. "Genies and vampires don't get on well." "Well, something we have in common."

"If you get to know me, I'm sure you'll find we have a lot in common." Uvase leaned in. "A lot." She got so close she was almost kissing him, then pulled away suddenly. "I'm starving."

"Why don't we begin right away?"

*****

Aladdin sat in the sun's last rays of light. Oh how much he loved this time of day. He looked over at Jasmine, sleeping soundly in their bed. ~Allah, I'm actually married.~ He thought. He was so unused to the feeling of always having a person beside you. Even now, not all of the street had been breed out of him. The constant instability of street relationships still stayed with him, even though he knew he had a woman who would always be ready to be with him.

He walked over beside the bed and gently caressed her face. "Good evening." he whispered as her eyes opened. Jasmine smiled as she watched the sun set. "So how good of an evening is this going to be?" She asked well knowing the answer.

*****

The candles of Agrabah city blew themselves out as a slow, desolate fog traveled through the empty streets. They played with the windows and doors as a sharp mournful howl rose over the city. A black figure stood among the fog on all fours. It raised it’s cold amber eyes and stared intelligently into the darkness, up at the palace of Agrabah. The fog spread itself into the crevices of the garden, plants withered and died at it’s touch. The black figure followed behind the fog as though pressing it onward. "Mommy." called a voice.

*****

Jasmine’s soft, wide eyes shot open. It was so cold in the room her breath froze in her face. " Hello." she said softly. She reached for a robe and wrapped it about her body. "Hello"

"Mommy. Mommy help." It was the soft innocent voice of a child. Sweet, crying, begging. "Mommy help me." It was so weak. The voice was so contorted it had to be caused by pain.

"Where are you?" Jasmine called out into the night air.

"Oh Mommy help me." The balcony! The voice was getting further away.

"Wait! Wait!" Jasmine rose from the sheets. "Please wait." She ran for the balcony. The sight there stopped her dead in her tracks.

A child, no older than 9 sat there. She was translucent against the night sky. Tears ran slowly down her cheeks. Her soft amber eyes were so full of pain as she looked up at Jasmine. "Mommy. Mommy help me." Her barely clothed body lay almost broken on the floor. Oh please mommy help me. Don't leave, it’s so cold out." The child dragged herself from the floor. The image began to fade. "Help me mommy." It cried. "Oh please don't leave me alone again."

"No wait. Please don't go. Please come here." Jasmine said reaching for the form. The child was so beautiful, so innocent. She wrapped her arms about her. "It’s ok baby. Mommy’s here. Mommy won't leave you."

"No mommy. You won't leave me."

Jasmine blanched. The voice no longer belonged to a child. The voice of a full grown woman now sounded in here ear. Strong female arms wrapped around her. "Because now you can't." Jasmine saw amber eyes flash before her. She gasped and tried to pull away. "Now Jasmine. Don't resist. Uvase let her voice wind a cord around the princess’s mind. "Lean your head back. It won't hurt, I promise." Her voice was like silk. It clouded Jasmine’s thought’s like a coat of darkness. "Shhhhhhh."

Jasmine tilted her neck back as she was ordered, exposing the bare flesh of it in the moonlight. Uvase smiled lowering her fangs into the pulsing vein. She split it with one bite, watching as the ruby liquid dripped out. Her tongue lapped at it as a cat would honeyed milk. Jasmine’s last conscious thought was of amber eyes peering at her in the moonlight.

*****

Aladdin looked at his wife’s form. She was so quiet today. So silent. He placed a hand over hers. "Are you all right?" He asked in a soft voice. Jasmine smiled "I'm fine love, just fine." She touched her cheek gently. "Just a bit tiered that’s all."

Aladdin smiled at her slyly. "You want to get a few more hours sleep tonight?"

"Actually I think I'll retire right now." Jasmine kissed him. "Oh Allah, would you tell my father I'm sorry I can't come with him to Getzistan tomorrow." She began to walk up the stairs. "Aladdin?"

Aladdin looked up. "Yes love?"

"Aladdin I love you." She blurted out not sure where the comment had come from.

"I love you, too."

*****

"So how does biting the princess kill Aladdin?" Mozenrath asked angrily. Uvase smiled. Have you ever seen a vampire at full strength?"

"Can't say that I have...."

"A vampire is strongest when their hungry. And they are most hungry at the first taste of blood. It’s going to be so much more fun to watch Jasmine kill her own husband after I change her."

"Do you even remember what I said about Aladdin! Same applies to that princess!" Mozenrath began to fume.

Uvase sneered and grabbed his collar. "Listen little sorcerer, don't think that our little deal has any way of saving you If I get angry. Remember, I don't have to kill you to get what I want." She pushed him away.

Mozenrath snarled and launched a bolt of power at her. "You undead vixen! I'm going to show you exactly who’s in charge here!" Uvase extended her teeth and smiled as her claws grew to 8 inches each. "Careful sorcerer, I'm not an easy girl to take out." Animal skin began to cover her face as her ears began to grow. Her snout extended to wolf-like proportions. The soft waifish amber eyes turned dark and predatory, fixing themselves on Mozenrath. A low, sinister snarl caused her upper lip to curl, revealing rows of sharp teeth. "Back down sorcerer. Back down." She growled. Mozenrath felt his courage drop slightly. He lowered his gauntlet.

'you'd better be able to explain this Uvase." If possible, his voice was as vile and deadly as hers.

A bitter smile played across the creatures lips. " You will see."

*****

Aladdin looked at Jasmine’s body beside him. Her eyes were closed, her hand raised up over her head. She looked in effect something like an angel. He pulled her body close to his, content to sleep beside her.

*****

Uvase waited patiently in the palace garden. It wasn't midnight yet, when her powers were at their best. She wanted to wait until she would have complete control over Jasmine. The cold night air of the desert didn't seem to bother her as she sat perched on the top of the peacock fountain. Her mind wandered every so often from the task at hand and onto other hunts such as this. Black hunt’s that the devil himself could call evil. Uvase prided herself on the ingenuity it took for her to gain as much power as she had, as well as her ability to control human minds. This one would go into the books it would.

She hopped down form her seat, alerting the birds in the near by cage. They chattered at her presence. The noise interrupted her train of thought, "Little chatter brats." She murmured as she pulled one out. "Silence." She hissed in a baneful voice. The birds obeyed her wish, silencing immediately. Uvase smiled and placed the bird back, it hopped to it’s perch and chirped once burying it’s head under it’s wing.

Uvase smiled as the far away moon lifted itself into the midnight position. "Time again." She whispered.

*****

Jasmine sat up in bed. She put her feet down on the floor, not even flinching at the coldness of the room. Her eyes were not even open as she walked along the palace halls. Only a voice guided her. ~Left. Right. Go down the stairs. Good. That’s a good girl.~ The voice whispered as though leading a dog to it’s food bowl. ~Down the stairs princess. Down the stairs. I'm waiting princess. I'm waiting for you down here.~ Jasmine followed the 'sound’ as though she depended soul on it. ~Turn through the bush Jasmine. This way. I'm here. I need you to be here to.~ "I'm coming." Jasmine whispered into the night. "Wait for me." ~I'm waiting for you princess. I can't wait forever. Hurry hurry HURRY~ The voice pushed her onward. ~I'm here princess. Can you feel me?~ "I can" ~The come to me. Sit beside me.~ Jasmine sat down on the cold slab. ~ Into my arms. It won't hurt.~ Jasmine leaned back and only barely felt the sharp fang drive into her neck. She gasped as the blood drained from her slowly. The presence was filled with ecstasy. Jasmine fell from the presence. ~I'll be back. Will you be here?~ It asked. "Yes. I will be here."

*****

This was how Aladdin found her the next morning. Cold as ice and pale as snow. The sun was just beginning to break over the tops of the dunes. He picked up her shrinking figure. "Jasmine. Jasmine wake up." Her body shifted slightly, barely, but enough to give Aladdin hope that life still existed in her. She clutched him close suddenly, like she was afraid he might drop her. Her mouth opened in a scream with out voice. Her eyes opened briefly. 'Aladdin. Don't... don't." The sound was a whimpering plea. "Don't what? Jasmine don't what?" She closed here eyes again breathing normally. Aladdin sighed and carried his wife into the house.

*****

~Oh yes he will princess. He'll kill you. He will hate what you've become~ Uvase mused in Jasmine’s head.

~He won't! Aladdin wouldn't do that. No mater what.!!~

~Are you so sure princess. Think of what I am. Do you not hate me?~

~No! It’s not the same. It won't be the same.~

~You can feel it already can't you? The burning hunger inside.~

~I don't know~

~Yes you do. It burns. You know what you want. Can you feel the warm body beside you. It has what you need. It contains what you thirst for. Bite Jasmine. Bite~

*****

Even as Aladdin held her body close no warmth came from it. It was cold. Jasmine breathed slowly, she could feel the warmth of his body even through the shadow of death. ~She was right. He’s warm One little bite. Just one. Oh Allah, I'm so hungry.~

Aladdin gasped as Jasmine opened her eyes. "Aladdin. Get away. Get away from me.~ She gasped out. "Jasmine. Jasmine what is it?"

She hissed and recoiled as he came closer. "Close the window. Close it!" She gasped out desperately. Aladdin ran over and shut the drapes. 'Jasmine pulled the covers over her head. 'Aladdin leave me." She whispered.

"Jasmine I don't understand......"

"GET OUT!!"

*****

"You are absolutely brilliant!" Mozenrath clutched Uvase’s hand in his. "Oh my dear I should have meat you long ago." He kissed her blood red lips, no not minding so much when the metallic lasting liquid pushed to his tongue. Uvase giggled, a dry rustling sound. "My lord, you flatter me." She pressed against his chest. And tomorrow is the final night. My greatest hour. I must admit I didn't think changing a princess would be quite so much fun." Her hand found Mozenrath. "And you Mozenrath, you I might just find worth staying for." She tightened her grip slightly.

Mozenrath smiled. "Uvase, attractive as I find you..." He caught her wrist and spun her around Uvase yowled as he twisted her arm. "Don't think I've forgotten what you are. You are evil, quite possibly more so than myself. I won't be taken in quite so easily." He was shocked to find Uvase laugh. Not the dry sound, but a cold, hard, deadly one. "Oh little little sorcerer." She flexed and Mozenrath recoiled from the shock of energy she let invade his body. "I had thought you so intelligent. Can't you even see what I'm offering you? Immortality. Inevitable immortality." Her voice was seductive. "Mozie Mozie Mozie. It doesn't hurt. It feels quite nice actually. Like all the souls on earth are under your command. That has to feel good. Mozie Mozie Mozie, can't you see I'm trying to show you, help you." Uvase let her song voice twist and contort reality. "Only one more night and the princess will be as I am. Her hunger will be so great, her thirst so overpowering, shell be unable to resist the first living thing that walks into her grasp. Aladdin will be that thing Mozie. He'll be gone. And you will exist eternally. Just bend your neck back Mozie."

Mozenrath felt it gathering inside him. Her magic was stronger than his. She was telling the truth. She had to be. ~Are you insane man! Walk away wake up you fool! She has you snap out of it!~ Mozenrath ignored the warnings. ~SNAP OUT~ A white hot shot of pain shocked through his system. His body doubled over. "Get away." He snapped with sudden clarity. The gauntlet had saved him. It’s voices had given him warning and puled his mind free from her spell. Uvase frowned, displeased to have lost her prey. "I don't like that glove of your’s sorcerer." She growled out.

Mozenrath rubbed it self consciously. He smiled insanely. "Really? It’s one of my favorite toys." He grabbed Uvase’s arm and sent a surge of power through it. She howled at the pain and recoiled till the wall meet her back. Why you son of a ..!" Mozenrath let another shot fly just above her head. "That was a warning dear. Do not attempt to hypnotize me again. You job is the princess. Not me." Xerxes hissed at his master's side.

Uvase sneered at the two. "Very well Mozenrath. But remember, I am going to get a price for this." She hissed softly at the eel causing it to fly across the room. " You will give me a taste of you Mozie. You will."

*****

Jasmine curled up in a small ball. The pain in her gut was excruciating. And the hunger, oh Allah the hunger burned inside of her. Nothing the servants bung could fill it up. It hurt when one of them attempted to open a curtain, thinking the sun light might do her good. The howl that had emerged from her, had terrified the poor woman into fits and she ran screaming from the room. Aladdin had not entered the room since she had ordered him out. The voice in her head was taunting her now. She had no escape from it. It told her what would happen. Like it could see her every move.

~Your going to kill him you know~ It said.

~No. I could never hurt him~

~You will you won't be able to stop yourself. It will all be for the best.~

~What do you mean~

~If you don't kill him he will kill you~

~No! Aladdin won't, he would never.....~

~Do you think he'd let you live. He's a hero. He is ordained to destroy creatures. ~

~I am not a creature~

~Aren't you. Look at yourself princess.~

In her mind's eye Jasmine could see her figure. Lean and frail, pale and frightening. She stood like the moon in the darkness of her own mind. Her brown eyes glowed dark red. Hungry red. Her teeth were growing slowly. The sent of human body's so close were driving her absolutely mad with thirst. Oh Allah she was so hungry.

~He's coming Jasmine. He can satisfy your craving. He'll hug you, you tilt his neck back, you'll bit down, that sweet sweet flavor will rush into your mouth, he'll gasp in pain, his blood will begin to flow, you'll drink it up, his heart will be felt in you, you'll fell it slow, slow, slow, slow, stop~

Jasmine shot up from her bed screaming.

*****

Aladdin tore through the palace halls. He burst throughout the door to see Jasmine writhing on the floor.

"Stop! Whoever’s doing this just stop! Please!" She twisted on the floor, the voice in her head continued.

~Sorry princess but this is just to much fun~

Aladdin rushed over to his love’s side. "Jasmine! Jasmine wake up!" Her body was so light as he picked it up and carried her to the bed. The already pale skin was now bleached to chalky perfection. Her black hair outlined her beautiful face. "Jasmine. Wake up. Open your eyes Jasmine." Aladdin begged into her ear.

~Go on princess, open your eyes~

Jasmine had no choice. She open them.

Aladdin backed away in fear and amazement. Jasmine’s soft brown eyes that always held such intelligent love, were scarlet as fresh blood, filled with predominance.

~Feel the hunger princess. He’s here. bitebitebitebitebite~

Jasmine felt it. Pulling at her, tugging at her. ~No I can't~ "Aladdin. Get away. GET AWAY"

"Jasmine I can't leave you like this. Tell me how to help. Tell me what you feel" Aladdin drew her close to him, hugging her.

~Jasmine, he’s so close. Feel that warmth beneath his flesh. So hot, so full of life,~

Jasmine screeched in a inhuman tone. "Nonono! I won't hurt him. I can't hurt the man I love!"

Aladdin stared questioningly at his wife. "Jasmine what do you mean. Hurt who? Jasmine talk to me."

Jasmine looked up at him. "Aladdin, you must leave. I don't understand what’s happening. I can't understand it. Please Aladdin, I'm so hungry." She pushed him away. "Please Aladdin I love you."

Aladdin let her push him. He walked out of the doors and immediately called for Carpet. "Do you know where Genie went?" He asked his friend. The rug shook his head up and down, yes he knew. "We have to get him Carpet, fast." He got on. "I think Jasmine’s dying."

*****

"Well technically she isn't." Uvase said to Mozenrath as the watched the hero go to find his friend.

"What do you mean she isn't? I thought you were undead." His dark raven eyes held confusion. "Aren't you?"

Uvase laughed. "Most certainly not. What kind of books have you been reading?" She snorted indignantly. "We are not quite alive as you are but we are certainly not ghoulish."

"Ghoulish?" Said Mozenrath. He hadn't heard anyone use that terminology in a long time. "Ghostlike, cadaverous, apparition." Uvase smiled. "It’s like the myth that it takes us 3 day’s to change someone into a vampire. All false."

Mozenrath felt like he'd been duped. "Are you saying we could have finished this day’s ago instead of waiting!" His gauntlet began to glow. "We could have. But hay it’s much more fun this way. Besides you said that you wanted his demise to be lingering. What could be worse than having to watch you one and only perish than having to die knowing that she will forever be dammed to eternal hunger for living blood." Uvase cackled and lay back. "Oh I haven't had this much fun in centuries."

Mozenrath shook his head. He knew she would be sick, but this was just depraved. "Perhaps I'm in over my head with this one." He whispered to Xerxes. The eel nodded.

*****

Jasmine felt the dream steeling her away. How long had Aladdin been gone now? A day or two tops. But why hadn't it return? What ever was changing her had not come back. Where was it?~It’s waiting for Aladdin to return before it finishes the job. It wants you to kill him. ~ She felt like she waned to throw up. The sun was setting, she could feel it’s rays glowing down from beyond the curtains. It was clear as to what she had to do.

*****

"Where is she." Aladdin searched room after room of the palace. She was so week when I left, couldn't move much at all. How could she have left bed? " Genie hopped up behind his friend. "I searched in her room Al, no dice. She is outta here." The blue blob changed into an umpire costume.

*****

Where is she Uvase?!" Mozenrath yelled at the female vampire. "How could she have escaped?"

"It confuses me to. Most of them can't even move until after the transition I would love to know what make this princess so strong as to move when her body has almost no blood. Absolutely amazing."

"Do you still have a mind connection with her?"

"Yes. But it won't tell me where she is. It keep’s moving out of range or something is interfering." Uvase growled. "The hero knows she’s gone by now. He and that damn Genie will be on her track."

Mozenrath growled. "I swear Uvase, If we lose this, It will be on your blood." Uvase laughed. "My friend, I have none to lose."