Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Royalty Year by Jazzy_Jewlie
[Reviews - 8] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
This is my first Aladdin fanfic, so please R&R!
Cassim sat in a patched arm chair in front of a shabby, crackling fire with the most dejected look on his face that he had worn in the past few weeks. Just two weeks ago he had met his son, Aladdin, and he was almost positive that he would give up his life as a thief. Yes, Cassim had been the King of the Forty Thieves. He had left his wife and son long ago to search for a career to support his family and had befriended a group of scraggly thieves. Meanwhile, Aladdin had fallen in love with the beautiful Princess Jasmine of Agrabah and found out that his father was still alive. Aladdin had found Cassim and helped his father find the ultimate treasure, the Hand of Midas, which could turn anything it touches into gold. Although he had spent his life searching for the treasure, Cassim gave it up and returned to Agrabah to see his son’s wedding.
“Why did I even try?” he asked himself sadly. “I gave it up anyway, and I am still convicted a thief.” He sighed. “I can’t even see my own son.”
Just then, Iago, his parrot, flew distractedly into the room with a scroll in his beak. “Cassim!” he cried. “Cass—AHHHHHHHHHH!” He crashed into the side of the armchair.
For the first time in days, Cassim laughed. “Yes, my little turkey?” he asked with a sly grin as he helped Iago up.
Iago flew to the arm of the chair. “Somebody left a scroll for you. It’s from Aladdin!”
“Aladdin!” Cassim snatched the scroll from Iago’s beak and read it.

Dear Dad,
Jasmine and I are still on our honeymoon in Paris, but we are leaving tomorrow. I told the postman to leave the letter outside of the cave. I figured that Iago would find it when he goes out to hunt at night. I wanted to say hi and that I miss you so much! I’m not exactly excited to go back to Agrabah tomorrow, because Sultan has to go over all of that paperwork with me about becoming Sultan. On our first anniversary, I will be officially crowned as Sultan. Will you promise to write?

Aladdin

Cassim chuckled appreciatively as he moved the letter from his son aside and a small note fell out from it. He read this one too.

Dear Cassim,
Aladdin told me that he was writing to you, and I told him to include this note from me in it. I wanted to make sure that you are all right and remind you that you can always come back to the palace if you need anything. I didn’t let Aladdin see this, but Genie and I are planning Aladdin’s surprise twenty-second birthday party. Do you have any chance of coming back to Agrabah?

Love,
Jasmine

“Aladdin’s birthday!” Cassim exclaimed suddenly jumping from the chair knocking Iago off of the arm. “Iago, I totally forgot!”
“You’d forget even more if you’ve been knocked on your head like I have!” Iago grunted rubbing his head, but Cassim did not listen. He started pacing around the room.
“What do boys Aladdin’s age like?” he wondered looking through all of his possessions. “No, no, there are no hand-me-downs that I can give to him!”
“Cassim, are you crazy?” Iago asked fluttering on his shoulder. “Aladdin’s not a boy anymore! He’s a prince.”
Cassim stopped abruptly. “Do you think that will make a difference?” he wanted to know with a concerned expression.
“Of course it will, he’s royalty now,” Iago replied. “Hand-me-downs won’t suit him any-more, I can tell you that.”
Cassim plopped back into the chair with his face buried in his hands. “I don’t know, Iago,” he sighed heavily. “I just don’t know.”