Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
The Story Of Abu by Brittani
[Reviews - 2] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
Yeah, I found out that there had been a series episode or two done on Abu and Aladdin shortly after I had done this, but I still felt like posting it after all the work I put into it. So, I hope you like it anyway.
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the Aladdin characters. They belong to Disney and I am in no way associated with that company. However, I do own all other characters.

Chapter 1:

Aladdin awoke that morning in the hovel to a loud snoring sound coming from Iago. It was obvious he was fighting someone in his sleep, because he was punching and kicking. The teenager stood up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. This was followed by a glance out the “window” toward the palace. Jasmine had invited them over for breakfast, so he supposed he’d better start waking them all up now.

He decided to start with Iago, since he’d take the longest to finally get up and out of the bed. He walked over to the bird and tapped him on the beak.

“Iago?” He whispered. “It’s time to get up. “We’ve got to go to the palace this morning, remember?”

At the word ‘palace’, Iago’s eyes sprung open and he was up and flying. Well, that was easier than I thought it would be, Aladdin thought to himself.

“Up, Monkey! Up!” Aladdin watched in horror as Iago picked up the sleeping form of Abu by the tail and lifted him out of his bed. This made Abu mad, and before Aladdin could tell Iago to put him down, the parrot dropped Abu and the chase was on. Abu ran around the hovel screeching and trying to get a hold of Iago. Meanwhile Aladdin was trying to grab Abu to make him stop the horrible racket.

When Aladdin dived for his monkey, Abu jumped out of the way and Aladdin slid into Genie’s lamp, knocking clear to the other side of the room. This caused Genie to pop out of the lamp, still in his nightcap and pajamas. “What’s going on around here?” He questioned sleepily. It didn’t take him long to figure out. No more than a couple of seconds later, Iago came flying toward his face and Genie barely ducked just in time.

“Abu, get off that ledge!” Aladdin yelled.

The capuchin ignored his friend though, and jumped after Iago. The noise was growing louder, and there were a couple of murmurs from the street about the commotion. Genie thought he’d better do something before the guards got suspicious so he hollered, “Quiet!” His whole body was red, showing just how much he meant what he said.

The hovel did that indeed, and the three making all the noise seemed to freeze. None of them had even realized his presence in the room. Abu had been grabbing Iago’s tail feathers, trying to pluck a couple out. Iago was making his noise worth with all the screaming, and Aladdin, still trying to break them up, had been in the middle of them. Carpet still stayed against the wall where he’d been since the fight had started.

“Now, do you mind if we could get a little piece and quiet around here? There are some genies who are trying to get some beauty sleep.” He commented, turning back to his normal blue.

His seriousness was hilarious to Iago, who just had to make a comment back. “Well, your royal Genie, we’re going to the palace remember? You can’t exactly sleep in today.”

Genie just shot a jolt of magic at his beak, and a lock appeared on it. Iago got mad and flew over to the window, ignoring him now. But Genie didn’t care. “Oh yeah! I almost forgot!” He poofed into a huge calendar with an X on that day. “We’ve got breakfast scheduled with Jasmine. I don’t know how I could forget.”

I know how, Iago thought sarcastically.

“Well, now that one of us has gotten us all up,” Aladdin replied with a glance toward Iago. “We can head up toward the palace.”

Iago’s clamp disappeared all of the sudden and he replied, “It’s not my fault the monkey wouldn’t get up. I just took some… necessary measures to get him out of bed.”

“Necessary measures?” Abu repeated in his monkey accent. “Yeah right.”

I should have known that this mess had something to do with Iago, Genie thought. Out loud, he said nothing, which was a surprise to everyone. In fact, all the way to the palace, the group was relatively silent.

When they got to the gate though, Iago whispered in Aladdin’s ear, “Oh, look who got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.”

Aladdin didn’t follow at first, but when he looked down from the rug and caught a glance of Rasoul, he knew exactly who the parrot was talking about. And it was true, he had a grumpy look on his face, and when his eyes got a look at Aladdin, the “street rat”, the expression went to a mean one.

“Good morning, Rasoul!” Genie said cheerfully.

No reply came from the head guard, and once they’d gotten far enough so that he couldn’t hear them, Genie remarked, “What’s gotten his goat?” The rest of the gang just rolled their eyes.

When the group arrived on the balcony of Jasmine’s room, she opened the doors and let them in. They were in awe at the beauty of her in her new outfit that she had the royal seamstress make for her. It was pink and had a strapless top. The pants were like the normal ones that she wore. She had a veil to complete this ensemble. Her hair hung down to her waist and she was beautiful beyond comprehension.

Aladdin slowly walked over to her and gave her a passionate kiss, one that didn’t seem to end, just slowly fade like the sun setting. Yet the sun seemed to shine brighter on the couple just because of their love that burned in their hearts for each other.

Iago and Abu looked at each other and made gagging faces. If there was something neither of them could stand, it was the sight of love in the air. Yet the pair of Genie and Carpet watched, enchanted by the passion of the two lovers.

“Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou Romeo?” Genie quoted, thinking of the balcony scene between two similar lovebirds.

A round of weird glances followed this, for none of the occupants in the room knew anything of what he was talking about. Iago interrupted though and said, “Okay, that’s enough mushy stuff. Can we go eat now?”

Jasmine just laughed. “Of course we can.”

Down in the dining hall, all of them sat down and began eating, along with the Sultan who joined them there. The topics of discussion were merry ones, and everyone had a good time talking about the fiasco that occurred that morning in the hovel.

“Dearest, don’t forget we have to go through some of those old maps and stuff in the back room. We need to find that one of Gebekistan before their leader comes in two weeks,” Hamed reminded his daughter.

Jasmine sighed. “I know, Father.” Aladdin gave her a questioning look, and Jasmine explained. “Sultan Jehan is coming in two weeks to come talk about a treaty that they are making for a water supply. It’s always good to know things about the other’s city, so that you can make a wise decision on whether or not to sign the treaty.”

“Oh,” Aladdin commented. “If you would like us to stay and help you, we could.”

Sultan Hamed smiled. “You know, that would be a wonderful idea. I’m sure it would make the process go a lot faster!” The Sultan loved Aladdin for his generosity. He was always willing to do anything to help someone out, and it was truly Aladdin’s heart that made him who he was.

“Hold on a second. YOU can stay and help. As for me, I’ll be out in the menagerie, trying to get a suntan. You know, good-looking people like me aren’t just born with good looks.” He told his friend, in a snobby manner.

“Don’t flatter yourself Iago,” Aladdin replied.

He poofed into a dress and pretended to be a second-place contestant in the Miss. America pageant. “Yeah, who knows? If you look too good, you might get chosen to participate in the Miss. Agrabah pageant, and have to wear all that make-up, beautiful dresses, and perfume… just to get beaten by your best friend and then…” Tears were running down his face, and he realized what a scene he was making. He felt embarrassed and his face got red. “Not that it ever happened to me.”

Iago just muttered, “I think I’ll just help you all anyway, but on one condition: keep Cry-Baby over there away from me.”