Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
If I Never Knew You by StoryWriter92
[Reviews - 40] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
Okay,here's the sequel! I'm so glad everyone liked Part 1,so please let me know what you think of this one.
Chapter 1

Hazel lay on her canopy bed, feeling as if she were slowly suffocating. She had been cooped up in the palace for weeks now, and desperately needed fresh air. While her parents did let her out of the palace, they felt that lately she’d been getting out too much and should stay home. She hadn’t even been able to see her best friend, Hakim. He was the prince of a neighboring kingdom, and they had been friends since before they could walk. Once Hazel had gotten better, Aladdin and Jasmine had met a young couple, Hakim’s parents, and they had become close friends, so, naturally, their children had become friends as well.

Over the years, the two had spent a great deal of time together, and could talk to each other about anything. Hazel wished she could talk to her parents the same way.

Just then, Hazel heard a noise near the small balcony in her room. She got out of bed quickly, and there in the gardens below her balcony was Hakim, throwing rocks to get her attention.

“I thought that was only supposed to work with windows,” Hazel joked.

“Well, you don’t have a window, so I improvised. Where have you been?”

“Stuck in this stupid room.”

“You got in trouble again, didn’t you?” Hakim asked with a tone that said he knew her answer before she said it.

“Well, not intentionally...” She replied smiling. “I’ll tell you about it later. Let’s go for a ride.”

“Your parents will let you out?”

“No...but I have an idea. Wait here.”

Hazel ran back into her room and walked to her large vanity. She pulled her long black hair into a low ponytail and tried unsuccessfully to brush her short, wavy bangs out of her face. They were her only physical resemblance to her father, looking exactly like the untamable waves in his hair. The rest of her resemblance to him was purely personality.

One of the many traits Aladdin loved and hated about Hazel was her rebellious spirit.He was happy that he saw so much of himself in her, but angry that she was so out of control. Hazel laughed to herself, thinking about the many times she had gotten into trouble, and about how she’d probably get in trouble for this. But now was not the time to goof around. If she was going to get in and out unnoticed, she had to act fast.

Her main problem was the balcony. She couldn’t go downstairs and into the throne room— her parents were there and would catch her. Her only way out was through the balcony.

She went to the small basket in the corner of the room where the dirty laundry was kept. She pulled out some old sheets and stripped the sheets of her own bed. She tied them together in tight knots until finally she had a rope. She dragged it over to the balcony’s edge and tied to the rim. After making sure it was secure, Hazel carefully put one leg, and then the other, over the edge, all the while holding on tightly to her “rope”. Once on the other side of the balcony, she was able to climb down quickly. When she reached the ground, she walked over to Hakim, who was smiling, seemingly pleased with her resourcefulness. She turned back towards the palace and with one quick whistle, there was Carpet, ready to go. In a matter of minutes, the two were soaring off into the moonlight.

************************

A/N: I know this chapter is a bit on the short side, but it’s just the intro to the story, so the chapters will eventually get longer. Please remember to review! It is greatly appreciated!