Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
The Executioner's Block by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 2] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
I don't own Cassim or the gang. the new characters are mine.
A week had passed since Iago's death. It was obvious that Cassim was still mourning the loss of his best friend. They had buried the parrot under his favorite tree in the menagerie.

One morning Aladdin went to wake his father up and found the room empty! A little fearful, he hurried downstairs, but Cassim wasn't there.

"Have you guys seen, Dad?"

"Not since last night. Why?"

"I can't find him. He's not in his room."

Jasmine told Aladdin to sit down and eat breakfast.

"I'll look for him."

The queen went outside. As she neared the fountain she heard the sound of someone crying! She went closer to Iago's grave. Sure enough there was Cassim. He was on his knees, crying.

"Cassim?"

Cassim turned to her, startled.

"Jasmine, you scared me."

"Sorry. What are you doing out here?"

Cassim shrugged and looked back at the headstone of Iago's grave.

"Cassim, it's been over a week. We've found you out here every morning. I'm surprised Aladdin didn't come out here right away."

As the weeks passed the gang grew more worried about Cassim with each passing day. It seemed that his sadness grew instead of lessening.

Finally things turned around! Cassim's sadness lessened, gradually. When Ali was born his joy grew. With each birth of another child his joy grew, but there was still some hurt. He would always miss Iago.

The little parrot could not be replaced in his heart or any of the gang's hearts. Iago would live on in their memories and hearts.