Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Second Love by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 2] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
I don't own Cassim, Aladdin, Jasmine, Carpet, Abu, Iago, Genie, the sultan, or Rasoul. They belong to Disney. Diana is mine.
It had been three months since Aladdin and Jasmine were married. Cassim was living in the palace with them and was the new royal vizier. It was clear to the gang that he was still a little lonely. They knew that he missed the company of a soulmate. He missed the company of Aladdin's mother.

One day Cassim was out in the marketplace in his King of Thieves clothes. He suddenly heard a merchant yelling.

"Stop, thief!"

Then he heard another voice from up above him. He looked up just as a woman about his age broke through a canopy and landed in his arms!

"Oh!" she exclaimed in surprise when she found herself in Cassim's strong, muscular arms.

She got down just as the merchant and some guards ran up.

"Get her!"

"Wait a minute, Rasoul. What did she take? I'll pay for it."

"She stole an apple." replied the merchant.

Cassim paid for it, and the guards and merchant left. The woman turned to Cassim.

"Thank you. You saved my life."

"No problem."

Cassim got a good look at her for the first time. She was dressed in rags but still lovely!

"I'm Diana."

"Cassim."

They shook hands. When they touched neither one wanted to let go!

"Would you like to come with me to lunch?"

"Thank you."

Cassim led her to the palace.

"The palace?"

"Of course. My son is the new prince."

"He is?"

"Yep." Cassim said proudly.

He led her into the menagerie where the gang was.

"Hi guys."

"Hey, Cassim."

"Hey, Dad."

Jasmine twirled over and hugged Cassim, who hugged her back.

"Who's your new friend?"

"Everyone, this is Diana. Diana, meet the gang."

Cassim introduced them one by one. Afterwards Jasmine took Diana by the hand.

"Come on, lets go find you some new clothes."

As they walked away Cassim and Aladdin watched them, standing side by side.

"They're going to be great friends aren't they?"

"They sure are."

When they came down for lunch the gang all looked at Diana. Cassim couldn't help but stare! She looked beautiful! Genie nudged Cassim in the ribs.

"Hey, you're staring, loverboy."

"Genie!"

The gang laughed while Cassim blushed.

"Come. Lets eat." the sultan said.

Diana and Jasmine sat down. The gang joined hands and bowed their heads.

"Cassim, it's your turn to pray." said Jasmine.

They all closed their eyes.

"Heavenly Father, we come to You today thanking You for the beautiful day, we thank You that Diana could join us for lunch, we ask that You bless this food to our bodies so it may strengthen us so that we may do Your will, we ask this is Jesus' name, amen."

They began to eat. As the days passed Diana joined them for lunch everyday. The gang could see that Cassim and Diana were very gradually becoming more than friends!

One night Cassim took her for a ride on Carpet. Afterwards Carpet flew them to the balcony of the guest room Diana was staying in that night at the palace. Then he lowered himself so Cassim was at her level.

"Good night, Cassim."

"Good night, Diana."

Carpet gave Cassim a little push forward. Cassim and Diana's eyes widened as their lips met! Both then closed their eyes and moved into the kiss! After they pulled away and Cassim was laying in bed he realized what had happened. His heart began pounding as he realized that he was in love again!

His gorgeous smiled crept across his face. Then next morning Diana glided down the stairs humming a love song. Cassim's dark brown eyes lit up at the sound of her voice and the sight of her. Aladdin nudged his father and smiled at him. Cassim realized that Aladdin knew the truth!

Aladdin leaned over and whispered into his father's ear, "Since when?"

Cassim blushed very lightly.

"Last night." he answered.

About a week later Cassim and Diana were walking through the menagerie. They sat down on the edge of the fountain.

"Can I ask you a question, Cassim?"

"Ask away."

"Well, I was wondering..."

"There you are!"

Cassim and Diana turned to see Genie.

"Cassim, the meeting is about to start."

"Oh shoot! I'm sorry, Diana. We can talk later."

Cassim took off running into the palace. Diana looked after him and sighed.

"What's wrong, Diana."

"Genie, did you have to interupt?"

"Cassim is the royal vizier. He's suppose to attend all the meetings unless he's sick or something like that."

"I guess you're right."

"Oh come on now. Cheer up. It's a beautiful day. Wanna come watch Carpet and me play horseshoes?"

"No thanks. I think I'll just stay here."

"Okay."

Diana waited until Cassim came back out about an hour later. He sat down beside her.

"Sorry about that."

"It's okay. You have to do your job."

"What were you saying eariler?"

"I was wondering if you... if you..."

"If I what?"

"I was wondering if you love me." she blurted.

Cassim was surprised at this. He hesitated for a moment. Then he sighed and looked at her. For a moment Diana feared that he would say no. Cassim suddenly smiled.

"I love you very much. In fact I love you so much I wanted to ask something very important."

"What's that?"

Cassim moved in front of her, got down on one knee, took her right hand in both of his, looked into her brown eyes, took a deep breath, and slowly let it out.

"Diana, will you..."

"Hey, Cassim!"

"What is it, Iago?"

"Al wants you."

"Alright. I'm coming. I'll be back as soon as I can."

Cassim followed Iago into the palace. When he came back out Diana was gone!

"Diana?"

He went over to Genie, Carpet, and Abu.

"Have you guys seen Diana?"

"I thought she was with you."

"She was, but I can't find her now."

"Cassim, I saw her go out into the marketplace."

"Thanks, Jasmine."

Cassim changed into his King of Thieves clothes and went out to the marketplace. He asked people if they had seen Diana. One man said he saw her going to Aladdin's hovel. Cassim thanked him and went off towards his son's old home.

Sure enough Diana was there. She was in the top room at the "window", crying.

"Diana?"

Diana turned.

"Cassim, what are you doing here?"

"I was going to ask you the same thing. Why didn't you wait in the menagerie?"

Cassim sat down beside her.

"You're always busy with your job, or with Aladdin, or with Jasmine, or with the sultan. You never have time for me."

Cassim put his arms around her and pulled her to him.

"Of course I have time for you. I just don't use it correctly."

Cassim gently lifted her head with his hand. He wiped away a tear with his thumb.

"I love you, Diana. That will never change. Just like my true love for Aladdin's mother will never change. I will always have time for you."

"Really?"

"Really."

"What were you going to ask back in the menagerie?"

Cassim got back in the same position. He took a deep breath and slowly let it out.

"Diana, will you marry me?"

Diana's mind raced as she tried to decide.

"Of course I will!"

They stood up and embraced.

"Lets go tell the others!"

They linked hands and hurried back to the palace and told the gang. Aladdin jumped up with a yell. He hugged his father.

Before long the joyus wedding day arrived. After the sultan pronounced them husband and wife they sealed with the sacred kiss.

Cassim couldn't believe it! He was married again! At the thought of the fact that only his marriage to Aladdin's mother would matter in Heaven Cassim's gorgeous smile spread across his face.