Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
A Father Betrayed by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 2] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
I don't own Cassim, the gang, or Mozenrath.
Cassim, Iago, Jasmine, Abu, Genie, and Rajah searched for clues. After a while Cassim saw something. He bent down and picked it up. It was a black piece of cloth. One side was bordered with dark blue.

"Jasmine, I found something!"

"What is it?"

Cassim handed the cloth to Jasmine.

"This is a piece of Mozenrath's cape!"

"Who?"

"Mozenrath. He's a sorcerer. He is Lord of the Land of the Black Sand. He is our worst enemy now, and he has come close to killing Aladdin many times."

Cassim reached down to his sash. He suddenly gasped.

"What's wrong?"

Cassim withdrew his hand to reveal his Hand of Midas dagger!

"The dagger piecing the sultan's heart wasn't mine after all! It was a copy made by this Mozenrath!"

"Why would he want you dead? You've done nothing to him?"

"Describe him."

Jasmine described Mozenrath, and Cassim's eyes widened.

"I have done something to him. The Forty Thieves and I attacked him one day out in the desert about two years back. He wants revenge on me for humiliating him."

"Oh."

"Lets go find Mozenrath."

"Cassim, we don't know for sure if he's the one."

"Yes we do. This piece of his cape in enough proof. Besides, I wasn't even in Agrabah when the sultan was murdered. Lets go."

They boarded Carpet and took off for the Land of the Black Sand. Mamluks, Mozenrath's undead servants, tried to stop them. Cassim flipped off of Carpet and landed on his feet with his sword drawn. To his surprise and disgust the mamluks fell apart easily!

"I've seen many things in my life. Most of them gory, but this is ridiculous!"

Cassim jumped back on Carpet, and they soared into Mozenrath's throne room.

"Mozenrath!"

"Ah. The King of Thieves. Long time no see."

Cassim once again flipped off Carpet and landed on his feet with his sword drawn.

"We know that you murdered the sultan. Admit it!"

"Very well. You're right. I did murder the sultan. I just regret not putting your actual dagger in his chest."

"It's a good thing you didn't. Tell me something. Why didn't you attack me two years ago or one year ago?"

"I was too busy with that streetrat."

The next moment Mozenrath found himself shoved up against the wall by Cassim!

"How dare you call him that! Aladdin is no streetrat! He is the Sultan of Agrabah!"

"He thinks you're the one who murdered the sultan. All the clues will point to you, and you'll be executed."

"You're coming back with us, and you will tell Aladdin the truth."

"And if I don't."

"If you don't you will join your old master in death!"

"You think you can kill me?"

Cassim put his sword to Mozenrath's neck!

"I can, and I will if I have to."

"If you kill me that will make just as much a muderer as me."

Cassim's eyes widened a little.

"Don't listen to him, Cassim! You would be avenging my father! A life for a life!"

"You would prove that you're still the King of Thieves,"

Cassim let go of Mozenrath and backed up. He got on Carpet, and they headed back towards Agrabah. It was sunset. They had gone a ways when they suddenly saw a sandstorm!

Before they could react they were knocked down! An hour later Jasmine and Genie got up.

"Iago! Abu! Carpet!"

"We're okay."

"Good. Where's Cassim?"

"Come on! We've got to find him!"

They began to looked around for him.

"Cassim! Cassim, where are you?"

Suddenly Jasmine tripped and fell.

"Jasmine, are you okay?"

"Yeah. What did I trip over?"

"Look!"

They looked to where Iago was pointing. They gasped when they saw Cassim's hand!

"Start digging!"

Before long they had uncovered Cassim competly.

"Hey guys." Iago said in a shaky voice.

"Yeah?"

"Look at this."

They looked at where they had found Cassim and gasped. Blood stained the sand! Fearful of what they might see, the gang turned Cassim over onto his back. For a moment it seemed like time stood still!

Deep in his chest, piercing his heart, was his own Hand of Midas dagger!

"No! Cassim!" Jasmine cried.

"He fell on his dagger."

Jasmine cradled his head in her lap and stroked his hair.

"No he didn't, Iago."

"Then what happened?"

"He drove the dagger into his chest."

(Flashback)

Cassim lay still as the sand covered him. Realizing that his son would never believe him, he pulled out his dagger. He stared at for a moment. He took a deep breath and drove the blade into his chest!

(Flashback ends)

"He killed himself."

"Lets go. We're taking him with us."

Aladdin gasped when he saw his father with the Hand of Midas dagger in his chest. Jasmine explained about Mozenrath. The sorcerer was captured and executed.

Suddenly there was a bright flash of light that nearly blinded everyone! When it was gone they gasped. Standing not far away was Cassim!

Aladdin rushed over to his father and begged for forgivness. Cassim smiled and pulled him son into a tight hug.

"I've already forgiven you."