Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Life of a Father by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
I don't own Cassim, Carina, Aladdin, or Abu.
About a week passed since Aladdin, Abu and I had stolen the bread. Abu and I were in the hovel, waiting for Aladdin and Carina to return from their walk. After about an hour Aladdin came in the room.

"Dad!" he panted.

I looked up and gasped the sight I saw. Aladdin was holding Carina in his arms. She was bleeding on her chest! I got to my feet, hurried over, and took Carina from Aladdin. I lay her down on her mat.

She looked at up me and smiled weakly.

"Cassim, my love." she murmured quietly.

"Shhhh. I'm here, Carina."

I could hear the sound of Aladdin leaving the room. I knew he was going to wait down at the base of the hovel.

"Cassim."

Oh! The weakness of her voice tore at my heart.

"Yeah?"

She reached her left towards my right. I took her hand in my own.

"I love you."

My heart began pounding when I realized what was happening.

"Carina, no. Please. Carina, please."

"My time has come to an end."

I gripped her hand tighter.

"Please, no. I need you."

"I love you, Cassim." she whispered weakly.

"I love you too, Carina."

Realizing that it was useless to deny that her time had come to an end, I leaned down and tenderly and lovingly kissed her on the lips. I heard the sound of Aladdin and Abu coming into the room but didn't pay any attention to them. Carina went limp in my arms just as I pulled away!

I lay her back down on her mat, pulled my knees close to my chest, folded my arms over my knees, buried my face in my arms, and sobbed my heart out! I felt part of my life shatter into pieces and crash down around me!

"Dad?"

I turned to Aladdin, startled by his voice.

"Are you okay? How is Mom?"

My voice quivering, I told Aladdin what had just happened. When I finished I burst into a flood of tears. I heard Aladdin start to cry. I got to my feet and went over to him. I put my arms around him and pulled him close. I allowed him to buried his face in my shirt. I didn't care that my shirt was getting wet. It would dry.

But I knew that my heart would never heal completely. Nor would Aladdin's heart ever heal completely. Part of my life had just been shattered, never to be put back together!