Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Treasure Hunt by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
I don't own Cassim, Iago, Thundra, or Malcho. They belong to Disney.
It had been two and a half years since Aladdin and Jasmine were married. It was early in the morning, and at the layer of the Forty Thieves Iago was digging through the chest of treasure maps. Finally he found the one he was looking for. He flew out of the room into Cassim's room.

The former King of Thieves was sleeping soundly on his bed. Iago landed on the head board of the bed. He looked down at his best friend.

"He's so quiet you'd think he's dead." Iago muttered.

He landed next to Cassim's head.

"Hey, Cassim! Wake up!" he yelled.

Cassim sat bolt upright, his sword in his right hand! In Cassim's lightning movement, Iago was knocked off the bed.

"Oof!"

Cassim looked down at Iago, who was on the floor.

"Iago, what is it?"

Iago got up and brushed himself off.

"Come on. Get dressed and lets go."

Cassim lay back down.

"Iago, it's too early to go on another treasure hunt." he groaned sleepily.

Iago tugged at the blanket.

"Come on sleepy head."

"Iago, go back to bed. It's too early to get up."

The parrot tugged at Cassim's hair.

"Ouch!"

Cassim gave Iago a back handed slap! The parrot flew backwards a ways.

"What was that for?"

Cassim rubbed his head.

"For pulling my hair. Iago, that hurt."

"Come on. We need to leave early if we're going to arrive where the treasure is before dark."

Cassim reluctantly got up. He stretched and yawned.

"Alright. If this isn't worth it you owe me big time."

"It's worth it."

"It better be unless you want to be buying breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a week straight." Cassim said as he pulled on his shirt and cape.

He looked at his reflection in the mirror. He was wearing a black shirt with blue sleeves, black pants, gray pointed shoes, and a navy blue cape with a hood and veil. He smoothed his hair over.

He stood at six feet four inches, his muscular figure showed that he was as strong as two champion fighters, his skin was deeply tanned, his eyes were dark brown, his long, thick, wavy hair was ebony black except for a few gray streaks, and his beard was dark gray.

He stretched one more time before going over to his horse. He saddled and bridled it. Iago put the map in one of the saddle bags. Cassim put food in the other. He attached two water skins full of water to the saddle as well. Then he mounted and rode out of the layer.

Iago read the instructions on the map as to where to go. Hours later they found themselves deep in the rain forest.

"I have a huge feeling of déjà vu." Iago said.

"Jiblit!"

"Oh. That's why."

Cassim looked at him with one eye brow cocked. A large, beautiful female bird flew towards them. Cassim's horse spooked and reared. Cassim, caught unprepared, fell off into the grass.

"Are you okay, Cas..."

Iago found himself be squeezed tightly by the bird!

"Hello, Thundra."

He wiggled out of her grasp and flew over to Cassim. The former King of Thieves sat up and shook his head.

"Are you okay?"

Cassim grabbed Iago and held him tightly.

"You are so going to owe me after this!" he growled.

Suddenly a bolt of lightning hit the ground just inches away from Cassim!

"Whoa!"

Cassim let go of Iago and dove out of the way as another bolt headed straight for him! He leaped into the bushes and peeked out, feeling very stupid about it too. Iago flew over to the female bird, who was sitting on a thundercloud!

"Thundra, don't hurt him."

"He could have killed you when he squeezed you."

"It's okay. He's my best friend. Cassim, come out here please."

Cautiously Cassim came out of the bushes. He walked over to Iago and Thundra.

"Thundra, this is my best friend Cassim. Cassim, this is Thundra my..."

"Your what?"

Iago gulped quietly.

"My girlfriend."

Cassim's eyes widened. He clamped both his hands over his mouth. The next moment he burst out laughing. Before he knew it he was rolling on the ground, laughing!

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing. It's just I can't imagine you having a girlfriend."

"Cassim, you had one once."

Cassim stopped laughing. He leaped to his feet and grabbed Iago again. He pulled him close so their faces were only a few inches apart!

"Listen here, you can compare me all you want, but never ever use my wife when comparing! Is that clear?"

"Crystal clear."

Cassim let go of Iago.

"Good."

Cassim calmed down and apologized to Thundra about his sudden behaivor. Thundra agreed to join them on their search. They set off the next morning. Cassim held the map, Iago was on his right shoulder, and Thundra was flying up above a little ways.

They searched all morning. They stopped at a clearing with a pool of water. The trio drank eagerly. After they drank all they wanted they stretched out on the grass.

Iago and Thundra fell asleep soon. Cassim was too restless to sleep. He had a feeling something bad was going to happen.

"Mabey a swim will help me relax." he thought.

Cassim took off his shoes, cape, and shirt. He put his sword and Hand of Midas dagger, which Aladdin had given back to him before he and Iago left, on top of his shirt. The former King of Thieves entered the water quietly so he wouldn't disturb Iago and Thundra.

He went under after a little while. Once he was running out of breath he started back up towards the surface. Suddenly something grabbed his ankles! Cassim looked down and found himself face to face with a giant, winged serpant!

Malcho!

Iago had told him all about Malcho.

Cassim tried to get free, but it was no use.

At the very moment Iago and Thundra woke up.

"Where's Cassim?"

"Here are his shirt, shoes, cape, dagger, and sword. He must have gone for a swim."

Suddenly Cassim came flying up out of the water! He hit the shore with a THUD!

"Cassim!"

Iago and Thundra flew over to him. The former King of Thieves coughed and fought to remain conscious.

"Are you alright?"

"Malcho." Cassim gasped.

A half hour later they were on their way again. Cassim was holding his sword in his right hand just in case. They stopped around noon to eat lunch. Cassim slipped the pack off and took out some food.

While they eating Malcho suddenly swooped by! The wind he made sent Iago and Thundra spinning throught the air. Cassim ended up doing a backward somersault!

"Whoa!"

Cassim grabbed his sword and leaped to his feet. As Malcho made another pass he leaped onto the winged serpant's back!

"Get off, amigo!"

Malcho's voice was unnaturlly deep. It was much deeper than Cassim's.

"Get off!"

The next thing Cassim knew he was sailing through the air! The ground rushed upon him! Cassim barely had time to curl into a ball and cover his head and neck with his arms. He hit the ground with a great force and rolled a little ways.

He uncurled himself and lay still, stunned. Everything seemed to be spinning! Cassim shook his head to clear his mind. The world stopped spinning. He got up and swayed a little. His legs threatened to buckle beneath him.

"Cassim, help!"

Cassim snapped to attention. He picked up his sword and attacked Malcho. The winged serpant began to retreat.

"Come on!"

Thundra made her thunderclouds scoop them up. Cassim stayed on his feet, though. He needed to be ready. As the fight continued Cassim was knocked back several times.

Malcho advanced on Iago and Thundra. He was about to kill them when a stone hit him in the head.

"Hey ugly! Over here!"

Malcho turned on Cassim.

"Come get me!"

"I'll deal with you first then, amigo."

Malcho slid towards Cassim quickly. Cassim turned and ran. He cut vines that were in his way with his sword. He knew that he couldn't afford to be stopped right now. He ran faster and faster. He reached a speed that was thought to be impossible for a human to withstand running at!

His heart poundly madly, his legs ached, and his vison blurred slightly. He kept running. He saw a cliff up ahead. By now Iago and Thundra were who knows how far away!

"If I can just make it to the cliff!" Cassim thought.

But then what?

Cassim skidded to a stop just short of the edge. He turned back around as Malcho slid out of the trees into the clearing. Cassim looked back over his shoulder at the huge drop into the deep pool of water below.

"Prepare to die, amigo."

Cassim put his sword back at his sash. He grinned slyly.

"I don't think so."

The next moment he whirled around and took the periless leap off the edge! For a moment he seemed to be flying. He landed in the water with a great SPLASH! Iago and Thundra appeared.

"What have you done to Cassim?"

"I did nothing to him. He jumped off the cliff."

"What?!"

Thundra and Iago flew down to the shore. They looked for signs of Cassim. Suddenly they heard him gasp loudly. They turned to see him crawling on his hands and knees onto the shore.

Cassim's heart poundly so crazily he thought it was going burst from his chest, and his whole body ached! His arms and legs gave way beneath him. He collapsed onto the soft grass, breathing heavily.

"Cassim!"

With each breath his body shook. His chest and sides heaved. Every once in a while he would cough as he drew in shaky breaths.

"Are you okay, Cassim?"

"Iago,... you... owe... me... breakfast,... lunch,... and... dinner... for... a... week... straight."

Iago was overjoyed when Cassim gave a small smile. It was a weak smile but still a smile! He smiled back.

"No problem, pal."

Iago and Thundra didn't leave Cassim's side for the rest of the day. They also stayed at his side for the night. The next day Cassim was ready to travel again.

"Lets go home, Cassim."

"What about the treausre?"

"I already have my treasure."

Cassim cocked one eye brow.

"You. My best friend is the greatest treasure I have. No treasure of this earth is worthy losing my best friend over."

Cassim's gorgeous smile spread across his handsome, bearded face.

"Thanks. Don't forget what you owe me."

"I won't."

The two said good-bye to Thundra and set off for home. Iago was leaving with his treausre, Cassim. Cassim had already left his treasure, Aladdin.

"Where do you want to go now, Iago."

"Agrabah. I want to see the gang."

"I was hoping you'd say that."