Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
A Father's Sacrifice by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 4] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
I don't own Cassim, the gang, or Mozenrath. Aden, Cari, Dirk, the guide and Drik's mother are mine.
Hundreds of years later two tourists and their guide were traveling through the Seven Deserts. They came upon an old castle in a land of night and black sand!

"Mozenrath's castle." said the Arab adult male.

The boy and woman turned to him.

"What?"

"Surely you know the story of how a father sacrificed himself here."

"I'm afriad not." said the woman.

"Follow me."

The man led them into the old throne room. Attached to the walls were two chains. On the floor was a red stain.

"The red stain is blood. The very blood of the father who sacrificed himself. Those are the very chains that held him."

The boy was now eager to know more.

"Will you tell us the story?"

"But of course."

The woman and boy moved closer.

"About four hundred years ago a great man named Aladdin was the Sultan of Agrabah. His father, Cassim, was the former King of Thieves. Ten years after Aladdin married the princess of Agrabah he was captured by the evil sorcerer, Mozenrath Lord of the Land of the Black Sand, which is where we are. He was going to be killed unless someone willingly took his place. Cassim, his father, decided to take his place. His last words were never recorded, but we know that they were cherished by Aladdin, his wife, and his friends that heard them."

"Were is this Cassim buried?"

"In the menagerie of the palace of Agrabah. In fact his grave is now a sight for tourists. I'll take you there."

The man took the woman and boy to Cassim's grave. The words were writen in Arabic.

"What does it say?"

"'Here lays Cassim, former King of Thieves, a loving father-in-law, grandfather, and devoted father. Died at age fifty-one. Murdered by Mozenrath, Lord of the Land of the Black Sand.'" the man read.

That night the boy lay on his bed in his room at the inn he and the woman were staying at. He got up and went to the window. He looked at the palace.

"I wonder if the story is just a myth or if it's true."

"You better believe it's true!" said a deep, rich voice behind him.

The boy whirled around to see a man standing at six feet and four inches, wearing a black shirt with blue sleeves, black pants, gray pointed shoes, a navy blue cape with a hood and veil, with long thick, wavy, completely ebony black hair that went down to his broad shoulders, dark brown eyes, a gorgeous smile, a ebony black beard, and deeply tanned skin.

"Who are you? How did you get in here? Where did you come from?"

The man chuckled.

"Calm down. It's alright. I won't hurt you."

"Who are you?"

"The man you are wondering about."

The boy thought for a moment. Then his eyes widened, and he backed away in fear.

"You mean you're a ghost?"

"More like a spirit."

"What's the differnece?"

"Never mind."

"You mean you're Cassim?"

"Yes I am."

Everything seemed to spin wildly before his eyes, the ground rushed upon him, and all went black! The boy opened his eyes to see Cassim bending over him. He sat up quickly, smacking Cassim in the face with his head in the process. Cassim jumped back with his hand over his nose.

"Ouch!" he yelped as he did.

He clamped his hand over his mouth. He looked at the boy. He let his hand fell to his side.

"Don't tell anyone about me being here."

Cassim slipped into the shadows just as the woman came in.

"Dirk, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Mom. I just couldn't get to sleep. I got up and wasn't watching were I was going and hit my foot on the wall."

Dirk was glad that he was standing right by the wall.

"Okay. I'm going back to be. Good night."

"Good night."

After she closed the door Cassim came out.

"You need watch what you do when you sit up."

Dirk realized what Cassim meant.

"Oh, sorry. What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to make you a believer."

"Huh?"

"I'll show you."

Cassim held his hand out to Dirk. The boy slowly took it. The room vanished and they reappeared in Mozenrath's throne room four hundred years back! Dirk watched the whole thing happen. Afterwards his room reappeared. Only then did Dirk let go of Cassim's hand.

"So it really did happen."

"I wouldn't have shown you it if it hadn't."

Cassim stepped back then stopped.

"By the way, don't tell anyone about this. They'll think you're crazy."

With that Cassim vanished into thin air!