Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Second Family by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 2] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
I don't own Cassim, the gang, Destain, or Mozenrath. Diana, Isabel, Aden, Hassan, Ahmed, Ali, Azul, Jordan, Anna, and Prince Amal are mine.
Cassim struggled against the chains around his wrists as Destain got closer to the small force field. Aden stood in-between his sister and Destain. Destain grabbed Aden by the back of his neck and jerked him out of the force field! The little boy yelled in pain when he did that.

Cassim's anger grew at Destain's abuse. His anger turned to fear as Destain raised the dagger over Aden! He pulled harder against the chains. Destain started to bring the dagger down!

SNAP!

The chains broke off Cassim's wrists, and he leaped straight for Destain!

Too late!

Aden fell to the floor. Cassim landed next to him. He got to his knees and gently picked Aden up. He cradled the toddler close to his chest.

"Daddy?"

"Shhh. I'm here."

"Daddy, I..."

Aden's arms and head fell back limply. Cassim gently rubbed his face against Aden's then lay him back down. A noise made him turn around. Destain held Isabel's body by the back of her neck!

"You should have been paying attention. Perhaps you could have saved her."

Destain cruelly tossed her little body in front of Cassim. He did the same thing he had done to Aden.

"Dad!"

Cassim put Isabel down, whirled around, and leaped towards Destain. He moved a moment too late! Aladdin fell to the floor. Cassim got to his knees again and lifted the upper part of Aladdin's body.

Aladdin stirred slightly at his father's touch.

"Dad?"

"Shhhh. I'm here, Aladdin. I'm here. I'll always be here."

"I'll tell Mom you said hi."

Aladdin's head started to fall back, but Cassim caught it with his left hand and raised it again. Aladdin opened his eyes weakly.

"Stay with me, Aladdin."

"I love you, Dad."

"I love you too, son."

"I'll tell Mom that you love her."

Aladdin's head started to fall back again. Once more Cassim caught it, but this time it was no use. Aladdin's head fell back. Cassim lifted Aladdin towards him, raised the twenty year old's head, bent his own head down, and kissed Aladdin's forhead, something he hadn't done in years!

He gently lay Aladdin down on the floor. He pulled his knees close to his chest, folded his arms over his knees, and began to cry. Instantly the gang knew that Aladdin, Isabel, and Aden were dead!

Cassim contiuned to cry. The cries that came from him were the cries of a broken hearted father. That's what Cassim was! He was a broken hearted father! The cries stopped, but the tears continued to flow down his face uncontrolably.

A cry like a choked animal erupted from Cassim! With his Hand of Midas dagger in his right hand, he lunged at Destain! Destain found himself being tackled by an enraged Cassim!

"Whoa!"

Blinded by his grief and rage, Cassim sought to drive the blade of his dagger into Destain's chest! Destain grabbed his wrist and stopped him. Mozenrath and gang watched in horror as the wrestled for control of Cassim's dagger!

"Mozenrath, do something!"

Mozenrath released the gang from the force field. Jasmine and Diana, with Mozenrath's help, pulled Cassim off of Destain. Cassim sank to the floor, crying again.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." he sobbed.

"For what?"

"For letting you down. I let you, Aladdin, Iasbel, Aden, and Jasmine down."

"You didn't let us down, Dad."

Cassim whirled around, leaping to his feet as he did.

"Aladdin? Isabel? Aden?"

"The Lord sent us back."

Cassim embraced his children. His tears of sorrow turned to tears of joy.