Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Destiny of Two Souls (Sequel to The Test of True Love) by Soohe
[Reviews - 34] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
~things are about to get a little more complicated :)


Chapter Two: A New Arrival


The sun rose over the city, casting arrays of golds and reds across the morning sky, washing away the darkened night.


As usual the city sprang to life with the start of a new day. Vendors displayed their products and the smell of fresh fruit, spices and bread made its way through the streets.


A stranger passed by unnoticed by the people of Agrabah to the palace gates. Her face was covered with a light, black cloak, leaving only her eyes to see. A startling blue color, they would have caught anyone’s attention if they had been watching. The guards nodded slightly at her appearance, letting her pass without any trouble.



As she made her way across the pathway to the palace she stopped in the gardens, admiring the flowers spring had brought. A single red rose caught her eye in particular and as she bent down to smell its perfume, a voice surprised her.




“What brings you to Agrabah?” A man asked, curiosity in his tone. The woman looked up and smiled at the familiar voice.



“Just admiring the beauty,” was her only reply.


“It’s good to see you Jade,” Aladdin replied, giving her an easy smile. Jade smiled back and stood up to greet him properly.

“Same here.” She looked beyond him. “Where’s Jasmine?” she asked inquisitively, her eyebrows raised.


Aladdin looked uncomfortable for a moment before replying. “She’s still resting…,” his voice drifted off. He looked lost in his own thoughts for a second.


“Well,” Jade replied, interrupting his thoughts. “You can’t fool me, what’s up?” She looked at Aladdin, and he could tell that she really cared.


Aladdin sighed as he explained to Jade, unable to hide his anxiety and worry for Jasmine. Jade listened quietly and waited a minute to speak when he had finished.


“Just give her some time, you’ll have your princess back in no time,” she said. Aladdin looked at her, and couldn’t help but sense something else in Jade’s voice besides sympathy. He shook his head, as if to clear his thoughts.


Jade lightly put a hand on his shoulder and said. “I’m sure everything will work out.” She joined him, and they both walked back to the palace. Aladdin, still worried hadn’t noticed the look Jade had given him as he talked more of Jasmine.


Behind her polite and considerate gaze, resentment quietly simmered. She smiled secretly to herself, knowing that soon her plan would unravel before them. It was just a matter of time…