Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Recollections of Our Past by Soohe
[Reviews - 15] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
i'm not quite sure about this story, that is if people aren't that interested in it i may not finish it. It was just something i thought would be fun to write about.

So enjoy, hopefully! Oh i know Yasmine is a name used before in aladdin stories, but i thought it was suitable for this story, so sorry for that.
Chapter 1: Skeptical Beliefs

Yasmine carefully brushed her long black, bringing it gracefully into a ponytail in the back of her head. She grabbed her long silver hoop ear rings and put them on as she picked up her car keys and headed out her front door.


It was the first day of school and the usual butterflies were growing in her stomach, but she knew she had nothing to be nervous about. After all it was her senior year at Bridgebrook High School and she was looking forward to seeing her friends again.


As she pulled into the school parking lot a strange tingling flowed through her fingers. She always got that feeling when she knew something bad was going to happen, but it was probably just her nerves.


Yasmine approached the front doors confidently and purposefully. She noticed a guy leaning against the wall casually, as if he had nothing better to do. His red eyes were what caught her attention, they were intense, and reminded her of fire. Dark black hair hung slightly in his eyes as he winked dangerously at her as she passed by.


She didn’t think anything of it, after all she was used to getting looks from guys, and he wasn’t any different.


Still…something seemed very familiar about him. She brushed the thought off, she had more important things to worry about.


Her classes passed by in a blur, as usual the first day always seemed long and dull, but she was looking forward to going out with her friends afterwards for a late lunch.


And as always, their conversation turned to the topic of past lives.


“So who do you think you were in your past life?” Mindy asked Yasmine curiously. Mindy was always into stuff like that.


Yasmine just rolled her eyes. “You tell me,” she replied taking a sip of her coke. She usually didn’t bother to reply when Mindy went off on some ridiculous topic, but today she felt like teasing her about it.


“Well, Yasmine I do have something I’ve been dying to show you,” Mindy said ignoring Jasmine who had rolled her eyes in response.


Mindy brought out a book from her backpack and opened it to a marked page. She showed it to Jasmine and smirked as her friend took a second look at the picture on the page.


The woman in the photograph had a striking resemblance to Yasmine. Same long silky black hair, soft brown eyes and warm smile, it was almost as if she were looking at a picture of herself.


She frowned, this was a little too close to what she looked like.


“Mindy, honestly if you’re trying to trick me into believing your reincarnation theory it isn’t going to work,” she said returning the book.


Mindy sighed impatiently and gave Yasmine a look that told her to take this seriously.


“Just listen,” Mindy said, reading from the page. “Sultana Jasmine was perhaps the most famous and most admired ruler of her time.”


Yasmine snorted. “Sultana Jasmine? Come on, you’re making that up.”


Mindy just kept reading. “And on a more personal note she was a smart, caring person who had a tendency to be very headstrong in her ways. She was a strong ruler and married to a common boy Aladdin and together they ruled the city of Agrabah, eventually becoming the best rulers the kingdom has ever known.”


Mindy finished and looked up at her friend who was busy eating her salad. Yasmine just smirked and replied.


“You don’t believe all that do you? It’s a fairy tale, it’s not real you know.”


Mindy just shrugged. “You never know Yasmine, I mean the stories have to come from some sort of truth, right?”
Yasmine just gave her friend a smile, as if wanting to forget the whole thing.


“Yeah sure.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night….


Yasmine turned over again, unable to sleep. Something was troubling her and she had no idea what it was.


She rested her head on her pillow and sighed deeply, her thoughts slowly turning over to her conversation with Mindy.


Reincarnation? It was something to laugh at really, and Yasmine was far too sensible to fall for something so out there.


She rolled over and closed her eyes waiting for sleep to come…


A man cloaked in black stood in the shadows of her room, unnoticed, his red eyes burning with resentment. He stared at her silently, knowing she would remember. His eyes narrowed slightly, while his lips curled into a dangerous smile.


Soon princess….


We will know each other once again, and this time I will make you mine.