Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Test of Friendship IV by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 3] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Eight years had passed since Thundra's death! Cassim, Ali, Cassie, Jazzy, and Cari were beginning to worry about Iago. He was an old parrot now and getting weaker with each passing year.


One day Malcho returned! He chased Iago, who got tangled in some vines. Iago, since his wings were sort of tied up so he couldn't fly, ran for his life. Malcho chased him to a cliff.

"Adios, Iago."

Malcho knocked Iago off the cliff!

Cassim ran in the direction of Iago's scream as it faded. Finally he reached the cliff. He looked over the edge and gasped.

Iago lay motionless at the base of the cliff!

Cassim climbed down the cliff and rushed over to Iago. He gently picked him up and cradled him in his arms like he would a baby.

To his surprise and joy, Iago stirred at his touch!

"Cassim?"

Iago's voice was so weak Cassim barely heard it.

"Yeah, Iago?"

"Tell the others that I love them."

"I'll tell them."

"Thank you. You're the best friend anyone could ever ask for."

Tears glissened in Cassim's dark brown eyes as he looked down at Iago.

"Good-bye."

Iago passed on right after he said that. Cassim allowed the tears to flow down his face unchecked. He gently rubbed his face against Iago's little body. He took the parrot back to the others, grabbed his sword and dagger, and set off to find Malcho.

He finally found him and attacked.

"You are a fool, amigo. You cannot kill me."

"We'll see about that!"

Despite his age, Cassim was still very strong. His rage and grief gave him the strength he needed. Finally Malcho lay dead at his feet.

Cassie, Jazzy, Ali, and Cari flew over to him just as he collapsed.

"Cassim!"

Cassim stirred when he felt them touch him.

"Hey guys."

"Are you okay?"

"Will you guys do me a favor?"

"Sure."

"Go to the palace at Agrabah, find Aladdin and the gang, and tell them that I've gone home."

"What do you mean by that?"

There was no answer.

"Cassim? Cassim?"

The four birds gently shook then realized the truth. They realized what he had meant.

Cassim had gone home to Heaven! He was dead! The fight had been too great a strain for his heart to stand.