Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Another Tale of Love by Soohe
[Reviews - 8] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 2: Fate


Jasmine's eyes met the dazzling sunlight pouring in from her balcony window the next morning. She closed her eyes tightly. She wished immensely night would come again and she could escape within the unreal fantasy of her dreams. She swallowed her pain and forced herself to get out of bed.


Her father insisted that she see other suitors, stressing the fact that after today she HAD to decide which one to marry.


She put on her usual blue outfit and placed her sea green princess band across her forehead. A grim frown was reflected back at her in the cool glass. Her deep brown eyes darkened for just a moment as they rested on the delicate pale white flower Aladdin had given her the night she fell in love with him. Her heart still struggled to believe fate had been so cruel...


A knock at the door startled her from these thoughts. She knew it was her father. He came in cautiously as she ran a brush absently through her hair.


“Jasmine I know how you felt about Aladdin…”


“…but the law cannot be changed,” Jasmine finished, already knowing the law from heart.



She turned to face him, sorrow still in her heart as her thoughts fled to Aladdin.


“I will never love anyone else, father. Can’t you understand that?” she asked him, her eyes deep and pleading.


Her father just hugged her lightly, his words soothing. “I know Jasmine. And if there were any other way…”


His voice drifted off, but Jasmine already knew what he meant. There was no other way, the law had decreed with cruelty that they were not going to be together.


The sultan cleared his throat. “There’s another man here. The prince of Arbiasan has asked for your hand in marriage…”


Jasmine closed her eyes, hoping to stop time, anything from seeing another suitor.


“I have no other choice do I?” and with that she followed him to the throne room to meet her next suitor, knowing her heart already belonged to her love.


She sighed, wondering if she would ever find him again…



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aladdin stared with helplessness at the palace, Abu on his shoulder.


“I’ve lost Jasmine, all because of some law that says she can’t marry anyone but a prince,” he said out loud, still unwilling to believe it.



Abu sighed sadly at his side. Aladdin looked towards the palace with a deep wretchedness.


“There has to be a way Abu.”


He would find a way to win Jasmine back, no matter what it took, and he was willing to sacrifice everything...






Back at the palace…



“Pleased to have met you Prince Lazarus,” Jasmine said, impossibly trying hard to sound genuinely sincere.


A smile met the Prince's striking flawless face.


“And you as well,” he replied smoothly.


Jasmine barely glanced at him but as they were formally introduced, but as he brought her hand to his face and kissed it lightly his eyes held a memorizing hold upon her.

They were a deep, unfathomable midnight blue shade that were impossible to read. Dark black hair hung casually over his eyes and playfulness lined his words.


Her father had unfortunately informed her that he was by far the richest and most powerful of all the suitors she had seen, and the best match in terms of politics and economical influence.

She could tell by his swagger and self-assuredness he already believed they would be married within the hour.

She smiled to herself despite the shadow hanging over her. Jasmine didn’t care if he owned the seven deserts, there was no way she would ever marry him.