Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Another Tale of Love by Soohe
[Reviews - 8] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
Thank you so much for your reviews everyone! As always your comments, suggestions and advice is always welcomed :)

Read on...
~Chapter Three~ All that Matters


Jasmine glanced over her shoulder as the sun was disappearing behind the royal palace. For an instant a crimson light was cast over the city and then darkness covered the skies.

Walking quickly through empty alleyways and paths she finally made it to her destination. A brief smile crossed her face as she stepped through and her eyes met those of her only true love.

“Jasmine what are you doing here?” Aladdin asked as he embraced her. He pulled away and held her face in his hands.

“I love you Aladdin, I don't care what the law says. I know this was supposed to be...” Jasmine whispered to him, taking his hands in her own.

“I don't want anyone else...”

Aladdin felt his love for her grow with every moment they were together. Everything in the world was threatening to break them apart and all they wanted was to be together.

“Jasmine...” He couldn't find the right words to express what he felt deep in his heart. He loved her more than anything and would easily give his life to defend her. But he knew that her happiness mattered more than his right now.

“Listen, I love you Jasmine. More than life itself...” he began. She smiled and rested her head on his chest.

“Then let's run away together...”

Her words broke through Aladdin's thoughts. He held her close, not willing to let go.


“Jasmine,” he finally pulled away from her and sighed deeply.

“We cannot change our fate. You deserve better than this...to be with someone that can offer you whatever you want...”


Aladdin's words startled Jasmine as she tried to read what was truly in his heart.

“Aladdin...” she took his hand but he couldn't look her in the eye.

“What I want more than anything is true love,” she knew her words weren't convincing him.

She took his hand and lead him to the window where millions of stars lit the night sky in a dreamlike brilliance.

“So many nights I dreamed of my prince...someone who would see me for who I truly was. A guy who would see past the royal title and the expensive, elaborate lifestyle and care about me,” she looked at him and her deep brown eyes reflected with a silent unbearable loneliness.

“I met so many men who fooled me into thinking they could offer me that...and every single time their hearts were filled with nothing but lies and deception. They only wanted power, riches...but you were different. You saw me and loved me without any questions and I know you would do anything just to keep me safe.”

Aladdin looked at her and sighed. He could never hide his true feelings for her. He didn't even know why he was pushing away the only thing that mattered the most in his life. Perhaps he wanted to save her...

“Aladdin I love you and only you. If I could choose anyone in the world to be with, I would be with you to the very end. You're the prince I've waited so long to meet and fall in love with.”

And with those last words she left him to his own thoughts. A moment before she stepped back into the night she turned and looked back for just a moment.

Her eyes revealed her love for him and he couldn't hide his heart from her.


He wished to say how much he loved her and needed her to stay, but he couldn't. The moment passed them by and all he could do was give a faint smile.