Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Shimmering Traces of Hope by laurelstar73
[Reviews - 9] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
hey I'm laurel and this is my first story so i'd love to hear what you have to say! lol

and trust me, honesty is definitely the way to go, so any comments/suggestions are welcomed. Thanks for reading :)
Shimmering Traces of Hope


Chapter 1: Alone




Laurel ran and hid behind a huge ivory vase that stood beside the palace walls and held her breath, waiting to hear his footsteps.


“Laurel, you can’t run from me, I will find you…” came a man’s voice echoing down the hall.


She closed her eyes and waited, praying that he would turn down another hallway and miss her.


Her heart beat, as fear grew steadily in her mind.


“Look it will be much easier if you came out and saved me the trouble of finding you Laurel, come on…you can’t escape your fate.”


The voice was coming closer and closer and she knew that it was only a matter of seconds before he found her.


She was about to run from her hiding place when the footsteps stopped. Laurel waited and her ears were met with only silence.


Her soft brown eyes shone with simmering hope as she looked around and saw that she was alone in the room. A sign escaped her and she was about to move when a man grabbed her by her arm.


“Laurel I’ve been looking for you. Now let’s not make this harder than it has to be my little princess…” his voice was cold and unforgiving and Laurel shivered in his grasp afraid of what was to come.


“Come we have some arrangements that need to be made…this kingdom is mine now and you with it. You should know that you will never escape me,” he said, leading her down the hallway, his face unreadable in the dark of the night.


Laurel struggled against his grasp.



“Please Michael, let me go,” her voice cried out in pain.


He just sneered and dragged her along without sympathy, his impatience growing with every second.


“Your parents are dead now Laurel as well as everyone else you once knew. I have no intention of letting you go when I plan to rule over your father’s palace and take you as my wife.”


Tears rolled seamlessly down the girl’s face as they continued on their way.


“Why did you kill them?” she whimpered, her innocent child face looking up at him through pain filled eyes.


He sneered at her and she saw his eyes drowned in their darkness, consumed by his own evil heart.


“They were in my way princess, but now nothing will stop me from ruling over this city and taking what should have always been mine.”


His voice pierced through her heart as she turned and looked out into the night, knowing that this was only the beginning of something that would change the course and her life and many others.



“You’ll learn Laurel to love me, and see the way I see the world. After all I’m the only family you have left…no one can help you now.”


Michael’s words entered her heart and stole the last glimmer of hope she had as she whispered good bye to her loving parents and knew that she was alone with someone she once believed could be trusted.