Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Shimmering Traces of Hope by laurelstar73
[Reviews - 9] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
hey you guys are great~ the reviews have really helped me! hope this chapter doesn't disappoint... oh and again feel free to drop me an email or i offically have a myspace now. lol. keep it up!
Chapter 2: Allies or Enemies?


“We have some visitors today and I expect that you will only show them our hospitality Laurel,” Michael said, straightening the golden crown upon his forehead and smirking to himself arrogantly.


“They could prove to be a strong alley to our kingdom.”


Laurel shot him a dirty look, her eyes a deep shade of brown.


“An ally for the kingdom that is wrought with only corruption and lies because of you Michael.”


Michael brought back his hand and slapped her hard across the face, like he had done so many times before.


“You’ll say nothing Laurel, I won’t have you stopping me from the obtaining the very power I so rightly deserve.”


His eyes were blazoned with a deep fire and only cold ambition burned from them.


A second later he took her face in his hand, turning up her chin so that he could see straight into her eyes.


The woman was beautiful, long silky hair fell to her hips and deep, soft eyes stared back at him against her lightly tanned skin.


She shoved him and as she left she turned back once more, anger burning within the depths of her heart.


“One day Michael Allah will punish you for all of your evil deeds and the power that you have will fall beneath your hands and you’ll have nothing.”


Michael smiled knowing that even Laurel couldn’t stop him from adding yet another kingdom to his shelf of trophies. For years he had convinced kingdoms around the Seven Deserts into becoming his ally only to use his own power and influence to over take their kingdom as his own. Now he was too powerful to be stopped, and he knew that no kingdom stood a chance against him.


Agrabah, that was the kingdom that claimed to be the most prosperous and strongest of all the kingdoms he had ever come by. It would also be a lovely addition to his collection…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Oh come on Aladdin, please I promise you we will only be in Darkstine for a few days and then we’ll be home,” came Jasmine’s sweet voice. She wrapped her arms around her fiancé and gave him a playful smile.


“I know but this stuff always bores me Jasmine, plus I have to pretend that I know what is going on when you bring all this legal stuff into the conversation,” Aladdin stopped and saw the look Jasmine was giving him.


He kissed her lightly on the lips and smiled. “All right, I guess I better get used to it, huh?”


Jasmine poked him teasingly. “Yes, you’d better because one day it will be you making all the boring legal decisions.”
Aladdin wrapped his arms around her and leaned in to give her another kiss when one of the guards appeared out of nowhere.


“We’re ready your highness to make way towards Darkstine,” he said briskly before turning to leave.


Jasmine smiled at Aladdin who stopped in the middle of leaning in to kiss her, an annoyed look on his face.


“Save that thought,” she replied as she got up and began talking to the guard.


A moment later she returned. “Okay I guess this is it, ready?”


Aladdin flashed her one of his boyish smiles. “As ready as I’ll ever be,” he said following her towards the stables.


“Hey and don’t worry about it Aladdin, I’m sure everything will work out fine,” Jasmine said as she mounted her horse.


Aladdin did the same. “Yeah I mean what’s the worse that can happen, right?”