Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
What Might Have Happened by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Aladdin and Jasmine were trying to get the sultan to go with them to see Cassim. Finally the old man agreed.

They went down to the dungeon and entered Cassim's cell.

He looked horrible! He was very thin upon having refused to eat, his face was very pale, and his eyes were dull. He looked up at the sound of footsteps coming towards him. He smiled weakly at Jasmine as she come over to him.

The Princess of Agrabah knelt down beside him, took his hand, and talked to him.

Aladdin and the sultan stood in the doorway.

"Sultan, Dad loves Jasmine as if she was his own daughter, and Jasmine loves Dad almost as much as she loves you. She even told me."

"She loves Cassim almost as much as she loves me?"

"Yes. When we come down here to see him she instantly goes to him and doesn't leave his side until it's time for us to go. Everyday she has tears in her eyes when we leave."

"Aladdin, I will not release your father or drop all charges against him."

Aladdin began to get angry.

"Sultan, if he stays in here much longer he'll die!" he yelled, forgeting that they were still in the cell.

Jasmine and Cassim looked at him.

"Did I say that out loud?"

"Yes you did. Very loud."

That night the sultan thought about what Aladdin had told him.

He heard the sound of someone quietly walking towards the dungeon. He got up and followed the sound. He saw the light of a candle up ahead.

The person went into Cassim's cell. He hid beside the doorway.

The sultan heard a weak, hoarse cough and knew it was Cassim. Perhaps his condition was worse than he thought!

The sultan looked around the doorway into the cell. He saw Jasmine kneeling beside Cassim. He watched as his daughter cradled Cassim's head in her lap, held his right hand with her left, and stroked his hair with her right hand!

She began to sing softly to him. After a little while Cassim fell asleep.

Jasmine kept singing until she had finished the song. The sultan went back to his room. He heard Jasmine go back into the bed chambers she shared with Aladdin. He thought about what he had just seen and heard.

The next day he dropped all charges against Cassim, made him a free man in Agrabah, and ordered that he be taken to the best guest room in the palace. The royal physician was summonded. He quickly went into Cassim's new room and shut the door behind him.

The gang waited for about two hours! The royal physician finally came out. His face was grave.

"How is he?"

"Not very well, I'm afraid. He's deathly ill. I have seen this illness only a few times. It is a rare illness."

"Will he be okay?"

"Most people who have had it lived."

"So he'll live?"

"I don't know. He's so weak and in such poor condition. There's very little chance of him living through the night."

The gang all gasped. Jasmine hid her face in Aladdin's shoulder.

"Isn't there anything you can do?"

"I'm sorry, Prince Aladdin. I've done all I can. It would take a miracle to save your father now."

Jasmine looked at the royal physician.

"Is it alright if I look after him?"

"Are you sure you want to, princess?"

"I'm sure."

"I don't see any harm in letting you look after him."

"Thank you. Genie, I'll need your help. Aladdin, you just continue with your lessons."

"Okay, Jasmine."

Jasmine and Genie went into Cassim's new room and the shut the door.

The man was hardly able to smile as they came over.