Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Together by kingofthieves fan
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
Carina belongs to another fanfiction author.
Carina stood at the edge of the crowd with Iago perched on her left shoulder. Cassim stood against a wall, free of all chains. He wasn't looking at anyone.

"Ready,... aim,..."

"Wait!" Carina yelled as she rushed in front of her husband.

"Hold your fire. Ma'am, you must move out of the way."

"I can't let you kill him."

"Why not?"

"I love him."

Everyone gasped.

"You love him? You do know that he is the King of Thieves, the most wanted man in the Seven Deserts right?"

"I don't care. I loved him before that."

"Ma'am, get out of the way."

"If you kill him, you will have to kill me as well."

Everyone gasped again, including Cassim. Carina felt Cassim's strong, firm hands grip her shoulder. She felt him pull her around so she was facing him.

"What are you doing?"

"I can't go through life without you again. If you go so do I."

"I won't let you do this. Carina, you don't deserve to die this way, but I do. I brought this fate upon myself."

"Cassim, I can't lose you for real. I love you."

"Carina,..."

Cassim was cut off when she kissed him full on the lips! Once again everyone gasped.

Cassim closed his eyes, moved into the kiss, and put his arms around her. He felt Carina's own arms slip around his neck.

A guard pulled Carina away from Cassim.

"Fire!"

Cassim saw Carina jump in the way. The arrows hit her instead of him! She began to fall over.

"No!"

Cassim caught her before she hit the ground. He dropped to his knees, cradling the upper part of her body in his arms.

"Someone, get a doctor."

A teenage boy ran to a doctor.

"Hold on, Carina."

Carina stirred slightly in his arms.

"Cassim?"

"Shhhh. I'm here, Carina. I'm here."

Moments later a doctor arrived. He quickly went to work on saving Carina's life. After a long while he stood up.

"She's going to be okay."

Cassim and Iago looked at each other and sighed in relief.

Cassim helped Carina to her feet and kissed her passionately. He was forgiven and allowed to leave.