Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Living Life by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Five years passed since Iago came back. Isabel was becoming more like her father every year. She was stubborn, had a quick temper, and long, thick, wavy, ebony black hair. She was becoming more rebellious, too!

Cassim allowed Aladdin to tell Isabel the truth about his past, but the truth about Cassim's past was yet to be revealed to her. They all knew that it wasn't the right time for her to find out.

Before Cassim knew it five more years had passed. Since Isabel was a princess, upon being Aladdin's half-sister, suitors came for her, but she threw them all out just as Jasmine had!

She was even more rebellious. She got angry whenever Cassim tried to convince her to give a suitor a chance. She was yell at Cassim to stop treating her like a child and stomp off to her room.

This didn't help at all. Soon the gang could see that all the stress of every suitor being thown out was begining to take its toll on Cassim.

His dark brown eyes had lost their cheerfulness and joy, he hardly ever smiled, he never laughed, and he got very little sleep at night. Isabel's rebellious atittude only made it worse.

One day after the newest suitor had left Cassim went to talk to Isabel.

"Isabel."

"Go away."

"Isabel, I just want to talk to you."

Isabel walked over to him.

"Why are you doing this to me? Every one of these suitors doesn't really care about me. They just want me for my beauty and relation to Aladdin. None of them ever mention love, they are self-centered, and stuck up!"

For the first time in a long time Cassim's mouth turned up in a very small smile.

"Isabel, we're doing this for you. At least you don't really have a time limit like Jasmine did at first."

"I don't care about that. I just want to marry for love, not because I have to."

"Isabel, when the next suitor comes please just give..."

"Don't even say it! It's my life, Dad! I'm not a child!"

"You're sure acting like a child."

"I wish you would just qut trying to control my life! I'm not a five year old so don't treat me like I am!"

That was it! At that moment Cassim snapped! His temper, his patience, and his self-control snapped!

The next moment his hand went out and struck the side of her face! Isabel backed up a little, holding the side of her face and trying not to cry.

Cassim turned her head so she was looking at him.

"If you would stop acting like a five year I would stop treating you like one! No matter how old you are you're still my daughter, and I'm still your father! You do *not* talk to me that way! Do you understand?!"

Still trying not to cry, Isabel merely nodded. Cassim let go of her face.

Finally Isabel could not hld back her tears any long, and they began to flow down her face. Suddenly she felt Cassim's strong, loving arms encircle her and pull her close. The warmth of her father's body enveloped her.

"Oh, Isabel. I'm sorry, but I just wish you would give the suitors a chance."

When Isabel stopped crying Cassim whistled for Carpet. They both got on.

"Carpet, you know where to go."

Carpet flew to the ocean. There was a huge cliff in the water.

"Where are we?"

"A place I've tried so hard to forget."

"Then what are we doing here?"

"It's part of my past. I think it's time you knew the truth about my past."

Cassim held his right out.

"Open sesame!" he yelled.

The water parted and the mountian opened. carpet flew into the mountian. Isabel stared in amazement.

"Wow."

Carpet flew into the main room.

"What is this place?"

"The Layer of the Forty Thieves."

"The Forty Thieves? I thought it was all myth."

"No. It was real."

"How would you know?"

"You're looking at living proof that the Forty Thieves were real."

"What do you mean?"

"Isabel..."

Cassim puased, put his hands on her shoulders, looked into her eyes, and sighed before continuing.

"I was they're leader."

Isabel gasped and drew back.

"What?"

"For twenty years I was the King of Thieves, the most wanted man in the Seven Deserts."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I wanted to wait until I was sure you would understand."

There was silence for a moment. Suddenly evil laughter rang out. Cassim gasped aloud and shuddered. Isabel saw that his face was drained of all color.

"Dad, are you okay?"

"It can't be. He turned to gold."

"Who?"

"He sunk with the Vanishing Isle."

"Who, Dad?"

"Sa'luk."

Anger, bitterness, hatred, and fear filled Cassim's voice when he spoke that name.

"Bravo, Cassim. I see you haven't forgotten me after all."

Isabel saw a bald, muscular, gray skinned man, who was a little taller than Cassim, with three gold blades on his hand.

Cassim drew his sword and moved in-between Sa'luk and Isabel.

"What are you doing here? How are you alive? I saw you turn to gold."

"Some sorcerer brought me back."

"Mozenrath."

"Yeah, that's him. He just said that he wanted you dead. So do I."

"Carpet, Isabel, get out of here."

Sa'luk attacked Cassim. He stopped sa'luk's baldes with his sword.

"Get out of here! Now!"

"Dad, what about you?"

"Dad? Oh how cute."

"Oh shut up."

"What about you, Dad?"

"Iabel, go!"

"But,..."

"Go!"

"But, Dad,..."

"I said go! Get out of here! I can't hold him off forever!"

"Dad,..."

"Isabel, I said go!"

Carpet scooped Isabel up onto his back and flew out of the layer.