Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
A Rise To Power by MysticMeg
[Reviews - 9] Printer

- Text Size +
A Rise to Power
A Disney’s “Aladdin” fanfic

The sun started to set on the beautiful city of Agrabah. The shops began to close, and merchants began to pull in their carts of fruits and goods for the night. Men started home to their families. Wives started putting the evening meal on the table, and children started departing from the daily play in the streets, and headed for home. Animals nestled with each other in their pens, and the lights in each house were lit as dusk settled.

The sky started to turn a pure purple, outlined with the sunset’s horizon colors of pink and orange. The moon started her evening duty, and illuminated the sky with its light, aided by the sparkle of the stars. Everything was peaceful in the city of Agrabah, at least it was on the outskirts. In the palace, the sun setting motion for two events. A new day in Agrabah, and a new ruler at the throne.

*~*~*~*~*

Aladdin sighed as he looked out over the peaceful city. He gazed at its beauty and mysterious charm. He looked at it with it wonders, and hidden ugliness. He saw it for its good Samaritans, and its “street-rats.” He turned back to look into his room, and saw Jasmine’s form sitting on the end of the bed. He started in, ready for the impending responsibilities about to unfold. How am I going to run a whole city? He wondered as he headed for his wife’s sobbing form.

Jasmine sat at the end of the bed, as sobs ripped through her whole body. She shook, not from the cold of the Arabian night, but from the pure emotions running through her whole body. She had just spent the last twelve hours holding her father’s hand, and trying to comfort him. He knew, just as well as she did, that he didn’t have much time left. She thought about her whole life, and the parts her father had played in it, and she again started to sob uncontrollably.

“Jasmine? Jasmine, I’m so sorry,” Aladdin cooed as he took Jasmine in his arms. He sat down, and Jasmine cried into his chest. He could feel her body shaking and her heart pounding, but he knew there was no way he could understand what she was going through. He had known his father for only about a week, before he rode off with Iago. He didn’t have the bond of twenty-three years.

“I don’t know what to do, Aladdin,” she stuttered through her sobs and tears, “Not only do I have to deal with loosing my father, but I need to get ready to take over the power of Agrabah. I’m not ready for either.” She started calm herself down, and wiped her tears from her eyes. She looked up into Aladdin’s dark brown eyes, and tried to find one hint of confidence in them. She knew he felt the same way he did, neither one of them were ready for their responsibilities as the rulers of Agrabah.

“I know, this is all way to sudden for any of us. It was only three months ago that we were wed, and now we are getting ready for the most important role of our lives.” He seemed to be talking to himself more than Jasmine. He looked down at Jasmine’s red and swollen eyes. He sighed, and pulled her closer to him, and looked out towards the balcony. For a slight second, he saw the images of Jasmine and himself, about ready to head out on carpet for their first ride together. I’m not ready, I can’t have everyone relying on me now! I just got into the swing of things starting my family with Jasmine, how can I have a whole city depending on me?

Jasmine just looked towards the wall. She snuggled in Aladdin’s arms, and thought about the first time they had met. They had all the time in the world to discover the world, and learn more about their own lives together. Now everything seemed to come to a sudden and earth-shattering halt. I was brought up to control a city with confidence and sympathy, but now that I actually have to bring all those lessons into action, I don’t know if I’m ready. I guess I just thought Father would be around forever to take care of things. Tears started to well up in her eyes again when her thoughts were interrupted by Genie and Abu walking in.

Abu pawed his way over to Aladdin’s shoulder, and patted his head. Aladdin just gave a little laugh and stood up. Jasmine regained her composure as Genie gave her a huge hug.

“I’m so sorry Jas, you know if there was anything I could possibly do…”

“I know Genie, I know. I knew this day was coming, I just didn’t know how soon that would be.” Jasmine walked out onto the balcony. Aladdin went to follow her when Genie stopped him.

“The sultan sent us here for you. He needs to talk to you about some business, I guess. We’ll take care of Jas while you’re gone.”

“Thanks Genie.” Aladdin sighed, and walked out the massive doors of his and Jasmine’s room. He took one look back through the curtain to the balcony, and saw Jasmine sitting with her head in her knees crying again. He looked away, and started down the hall.

*~*~*~*~*

“The street rat’s ready to take the throne is he?” Mozenrath sneered. “That boy taking control of a whole city, that’s true entertainment.” Mozenrath made a swift move of his arm, and his rip in time disappeared. He walked towards his throne, and sat down, flipping his black and blue cape. Then a horrific idea entered his head.

The street-rat’s taking the throne! What an opportunity! Aladdin has been the only thing keeping me from taking over Agrabah. How will he be the hero and the sultan at the same time? He can’t! He’ll never be able to take up both positions full-time, and we all know he is forced into being the sultan, with his little wife at his side. WAIT! What if his “little wife” wasn’t at his side. That’s it! I’ll take Jasmine as my own, and I’ll own both kingdoms. But, Aladdin will never let me near that palace. I need someway to get into there peacefully. I need someone to go in for me and retrieve the princess, or should I say Sultana Jasmine. But who? Who will help me take down the royal couple and bring Agrabah to my reign? Someone who will have something to gain from it, that’s who.

“XERXES!” Mozenrath called for his slithery flying worm.

“Yes master,” Xerxes stuttered, flinching with every move of his master’s hand.

“Watch closely, I want you to know who the person is who will help me bring down Aladdin.” Mozenrath waved his hand quickly as the rip in time opened up. “Gana intra blamo ingruada!” The rip in time swirled again, and a young girl appeared. “That’s the one Xerxes, that’s the person we need for our little “job.” Find her! And don’t come back without her.”

Xerxes hurried out of his room, past the mamlucks standing guard at the throne room’s entrance. “Be back soon master.”

“I’m counting on it, Xerxes. I’m counting on it.” He looked back in his time rip, and watched the young girl slipping into her bed for a night’s sleep. He peered into the scrolls all around the room. He peered to one open on a desk in the corner of the dimly lit room. “Ahh, Sadira. A sand witch, I couldn’t ask for anything better. I don’t know what’s your determination to get rid of Jasmine, but I sure hope it sees us through this mission.” Mozenrath snickered, and kept a good watch on his new accomplice.

*~*~*~*~*

“You asked to see me your highness?” Aladdin asked as he peered into the Sultan’s bedroom. He looked down at the heap on the huge bed. The Sultan looked like a little kid laying there. He was pale, but there were dark circles under his eyes. Aladdin knew he had been crying. He tried to choke down the lump in his throat. What happened to the man who used to show me all his neat toys, and help me learn how to take the throne? What happened to the man who decided to let me and Jasmine be together?

The Sultan looked up at Aladdin’s solemn face. “Yes, Aladdin, there are a few things we need to talk about before you’re ready to resume your duty as Sultan.”

“Okay, I’m ready. Umm… not ready to be Sultan, umm… wait, I am ready, just not…” Aladdin tried to say what he meant, but he jumbled it up so bad, he didn’t know what to do.

The Sultan let out one of his little laughs. “I understand my boy. I felt the same way when my father was on his deathbed.”

Aladdin cringed at the word deathbed. It didn’t hit him hard until those dreadful words, tears welled up in his eyes. “I’m ready, what do I need to know.”

“Don’t cry, lad. I don’t plan on this being a solemn occasion. You’re rising to power! I couldn’t be more proud. You have always been a prince to me, at heart. Whether you’re Aladdin the street-rat, or Prince Ali. I don’t care, but please, listen to this.” The sultan coughed and caught his breath. “Please, take care of my daughter. Do not let anything happen to her. She is my most precious treasure. You know everything you need to know, and you’re ready to put all of that knowledge in effect and show what you’re made of.”

“Don’t worry father, Aladdin will do splendid with Agrabah. He has never let us down before has he?” Jasmine’s voice startled both Aladdin and the Sultan. She came over to the bed, and took her father’s clammy hand.

“No, he hasn’t Jasmine, dearest. He hasn’t let me down yet.” The Sultan then took in a weak breath. He clamped onto Jasmine’s hand, and she brought it to her face. “I love you dearest, you make me so proud…” With that the Sultan’s hand fell to the bed.

“Father? FATHER!” Jasmine wailed. She looked him over, and knew that the once mighty ruler of Agrabah was gone. Tears stung her eyes, and she stared in amazement. She then turned to Aladdin, and collapsed on the bed, sobbing desperately holding her father’s hand.

Aladdin just stared in shock. He didn’t understand, it was so final. It was as if everything had just come to the end, and he was supposed to pick it up again. He looked at Jasmine and took her in his arms, not taking his eyes off the Sultan after she fell into his laps. Tears started falling from his eyes, and held onto Jasmine passionately as she shook the both of them with her trembling form.

Genie and Abu came in, trying to contain themselves. Aladdin looked up at them, and back down at Jasmine. It’s my time now, isn’t it? I am no longer Aladdin, the hero. I am Sultan Aladdin. I sure hope I’m ready, for Jasmine’s sake. The group sat there until Jasmine fell asleep, exhausted from crying, and Aladdin took her to their room. Getting ready for the morning, he climbed into the bed. Tomorrow’s the day when I officially have the “whole world” on my shoulders.

*~*~*~*~*

The sun rose above the rocky gorges on the outskirts of Agrabah. The sky was now full of beautiful reds, and purples, and the dim blues of night started to fade away. The moon’s light was again blocked by the radiance of the sun, and the stars quickly vanished within the sun’s rays. Clouds became more and more visible, and they accentuated the sky with their deep, rich colors.

The people of Agrabah started to awake also. Men started out of their homes and to their work, merchants unlocked and started to set up their fruit and other assorted items. Women started their household chores, as their children ate their breakfast, waiting for the time when all the other children would come out and play. It was just another normal day in Agrabah, until trumpets sounded off near the grand palace wall.

*~*~*~*~*

Aladdin felt the warm sunrays on his face as he opened his eyes. He blinked a few times, and stretched. All the thoughts of the previous night came rushing back to him, and he cringed. Today’s the day when all of Agrabah face up to the fact that their once wonderful Sultan is gone, and I am going to take over their city. What will their reaction be? He looked over at Jasmine sleeping next to him, and quietly climbed out of bed, not wanting to wake her.

“Aladdin?” Jasmine murmured as he headed for his wardrobe. She sat up in the bed, and pulled the covers over her. It was still at the cool morning hours.


“Yeah, I’m here.” Aladdin answered as he picked out his outfit for the announcement.

“I’m not ready. I can’t do this, I can’t tell everyone that father is dead. I am not even ready to accept it, how can I expect a whole city to?” Jasmine laid back down, and looked away from Aladdin. He came up to her, and held her in his arms, and gave her a warm hug.

“I’m not ready either, but it’s what we have to do.”

Jasmine just looked at him and gave him a little smile. “You’re going to make a great Sultan.”

“And you, my Sultana, are going to make a great ruler also.” Aladdin returned. Jasmine’s eyes widened at the word sultana. She forgot all about her new title. She had gotten so used to Princess Jasmine that is hardly seemed fitting to become the Sultana. It was so much more elegant, regal, and responsible.

Jasmine stood up from the bed, and headed to her wardrobe. Aladdin followed her to his, and picked out the day’s ensemble. He picked out his “Prince Ali” outfit, and headed towards the room off the bedroom to change.

Jasmine opened the doors of her massive wardrobe. Inside were so many bright and beautiful outfits. She looked them through before heading for her favorite sea-green two piece outfit, but she stopped. I can’t wear things like this anymore. A Sultana is responsible, and regal. This just seems too childish and flirtatious. Time to change, Jasmine, it’s time to change.

She decided on a long, white gown that slithered on her form, with gold trim around her deep neckline and waste. She walked over to her vanity and started brushing her hair, and putting on her make-up. She pulled her raven black hair into her normal two scrunchie, low-laying ponytail. She reached for her normal crown that fit on her head like a headband. Again, she had to stop. That was her princess crown, and it identified her as the princess of Agrabah. She was no longer the princess, she was the Sultana.
She got up and walked to one of her chests at the foot of the bed. She picked up the massive wood lid, and looked inside. She saw a box made of green velvet and pulled it out. She opened it up, and looked inside. There, lying on a pillow, was the Sultana’s crown. It was beautiful. A pure, glittering gold, a purple and pink gemstone was placed in the middle, similar to the one in her old crown. She put it on her head, and it stood high. It was a lot heavier than she expected, and when she looked in the mirror, it changed her whole look. She looked older, and more mature. She smiled at herself, and grabbed her old crown. She took it and placed it in the box where she found her new crown. Until the next Princess of Agrabah.

Aladdin walked in, and saw Jasmine near the chest. “Jasmine, what are you doing?”

Jasmine jumped a little at the sound as his voice. She turned around, startled. “I’m umm… just putting away the last twenty-two years of my life, that’s all.”
Aladdin sighed, and looked at Jasmine, at a loss for words. Jasmine’s been a princess for her whole life, and now she has to change. For once, we can relate on how our lives are changing. Aladdin noticed Jasmine’s new crown. “Wow, Jasmine, where’d that come from?”
Jasmine looked confused, and then remembered about her crown. “Oh, this. It’s the crown of the Sultana’s of Agrabah. My mother wore it, and I’m sure the rest of my ancestors did too.”

“Oh, wow, it looks wonderful.” Aladdin stared in awe. He put on his turban and put his hand out for Jasmine. Jasmine took it, and they walked towards the door, and out into the hallway. Genie, Abu, and Carpet were all waiting outside the door.

“Wow, Al, Jas, you guys… and that crown!” Genie poofed into a stuffy, thin looking woman. His hair was pulled into a bun, and he carried a clip-board. “Well, this particular piece is worth about…”

“It’s priceless.” Jasmine laughed, and Genie poofed back into his normal self.

“It’s beautiful, Jas.”

“Thanks’ Genie.” Jasmine looked down at Abu who hugged her leg. She petted him on the head. “Well, it’s time.”
Aladdin saw tears welling up in her eyes, as she walked out towards the outside. Carpet flew beside her, and Aladdin went to follow.

“Are you sure that you’re ready for this Al?” Genie asked, he looked deep into Aladdin’s sad eyes.
Aladdin just smiled a little, “What choice do I have Genie?”
Genie just frowned, and followed his friend out through the hallway. Abu climbed onto Aladdin’s shoulder, and patted him on the back.

*~*~*~*~*

The people in Agrabah all started to crowd around the great massive tower. They all awaited the message about to be delivered from their Sultan. Some were apprehensive about the message, because something so sudden couldn’t be good. Others were excited because the last message that they had received was that Aladdin and Princess Jasmine were too be married! They talked among themselves while waiting for the announcement. The children ran after each other in the streets, while animals looked after.

Suddenly, the trumpets blared again, and the people all waited for their Sultan. A great and sudden gasp went through when Aladdin stepped out followed by the princess.
Aladdin took a deep breath, and started his speech. Oh, here goes nothing. Jasmine regained her composure, and held Aladdin’s hand as he started.

“People of Agrabah! Last night, our dear Sultan, Bobolonius, died. He went peacefully, and there was no suffering!” Aladdin lied.
The crowd beneath them started getting louder. Aladdin and Jasmine could recognize crying, gasping, the murmuring, but they could also hear the silence. Some people just stood awestruck, as completely shocked as the two of them were.

“Please! My people, calm down. My father was a wonderful man, and he ruled through some of our toughest years, but this is not the end of a wonderful city. Aladdin will be a great Sultan! We will keep going!” Jasmine started and took a good look at the crowd.

“Jasmine,” Aladdin whispered. “I know…”
Jasmine just turned to Aladdin, “Do not listen to them now. You will prove that you can handle this city. They’ll just have to trust you, like I trust you.” She pulled a stray hair from his face.

“The Sultan’s reign does not end. My wife and I will carry you through this hard time, I promise!!!” Aladdin said, and then he walked out of the crowd’s view. He took Jasmine in his hand, and headed for the stairs down from the tower. He passed Rasoul, who just looked at him. He made no remark, and that made Aladdin again realize he was no longer Aladdin, the hero or even Aladdin, the street-rat. He was Aladdin the Sultan.

The carpet took the group back into the palace throne room, silently. As the reached the thrones, Aladdin and Jasmine looked at each other. A new throne was put in the throne room right next to the Sultan’s. Jasmine looked back at it, and saw it was beautiful, and at the top stood a large jasmine flower. She took her seat in its cushions, and waited for Aladdin to do the same.

Aladdin just looked at the throne for the longest time. I can’t sit there. It would be like trespassing. I always saw that throne as Jasmine’s fathers, it was off limits to me. Now, am I just supposed to ignore all those feeling and sit there. That just would sign the deal that the Sultan is really gone. Am I ready to accept that?

Jasmine almost knew exactly what Aladdin was thinking and feeling. He must feel the same way I did putting on this crown. She pushed the crown up again, “Aladdin, please. It’s alright, this is the way my father knew it would be. You have to do this.”

Aladdin looked over at Jasmine, and knew she was right. Genie watched, and nudged him in the direction. Aladdin fell forward and took one last look at the large, mammoth shaped throne, and sat down.

*~*~*~*~*

Sadira walked down one of the busy streets of Agrabah. Everyone was returning from the announcement, every one was talking about it. Sadira listened into a lot of the conversations. She of course, went to the announcement, but she had no one else to talk to now, so she just listened to others.
“The Sultan is gone! What can we expect now?” One woman exclaimed.
Well, I don’t think many things are going to change. Sadira thought. She kept walking, alone with her own thoughts.
“Did you see Princess Jasmine today? She wore her mother’s crown!” A old woman said, as she talked to one of the younger women of the town.
Her mother’s crown! Big deal, she’s the Sultana now. What about Aladdin? He has to come into being the Sultan, and yet, I haven’t heard one person remark about his new wardrobe! As Sadira walked, she came onto a merchant talking to another man by a fruit cart.
“Can you believe they are letting that street-rat run our city?” The merchant asked.
What!? How can they say that about Aladdin? He has saved their sorry behinds more than enough, and yet they still don’t think he is worthy! Jasmine is the one not worthy of Aladdin!!!
“Hey, you big oaf, leave Aladdin alone!” Sadira yelled impulsively. As soon as she did, she regretted it. The merchant turned to look at her.
“What did you say to me, street-mouse?” He glared down at her, and Sadira knew he was about three times her size.
“Umm… I said, you’re right! Aladdin’s nothing but a big oaf!” The thought came quickly to her head, as did many lies. The merchant eyed her suspiciously. Then he just took back to his friend and they continued their conversation. Sadira swiftly picked up two of his apples, and took off. She stopped a little ways up, and threw one of the apples at the merchant.
“Hey, what the..?” The merchant looked down the street, but the girl was gone.
Sadira came to a quiet alley, and started down. She brought the apple out, and started munching. Suddenly, a cold chill went down her spine. She could feel someone following her. Quickly, she headed down the alley, making sure that her stalker didn’t know she had caught on to him. A shadow fell on top of her, and she jerked around quickly and grabbed onto whoever was following her. “What’s the big id-,” she started, and then she looked into her hands. “Aaaahhhh!” she screamed at the top of her lungs as she stared down at the slithery worm in her hands. Sadira threw it against the wall, and started to run up the alley towards her home.
Xerxes got up, and shook himself up. He then took off after Sadira, and bit her in the heel. “Ow!” Sadira yelled as she came crashing down to the ground. Xerxes came floating to her face. “Get away from me you snot worm!” Sadira cried, letting the fear ring through her voice.
“Xerxes not want to hurt you, Xerxes’ master want to see you.” Xerxes said, as he backed up a little.
“Xerxes, is that who you are?” Sadira asked. Xerxes nodded. “Who’s your master?”
“Mozenrath, King of the Land of the Black Sand,” Xerxes claimed with pride.
“MOZENRATH!” Sadira yelled loudly. “Mozenrath wants me to see him. No way! Aladdin’s told me about that freak, and I will absolutely not go to see him.”
“But Master said you have to!” Xerxes whined.
“Your master was wrong.”
Xerxes stared for a second, “Master need you to get Princess.”
Sadira stopped and turned to look at the worm again. Jasmine? What would Mozenrath want with Jasmine? “It’s not princess anymore, you snake. It’s Sultana Jasmine now.” Sadira said walking back.
“Sultana.”
“Yes, and I suppose that just going to see your master would be alright.” What am I doing? Am I really going to betray my best friend and Aladdin for their worst enemy? Sadira asked herself. If it means, I get Aladdin, then yes I am. “Show me the way to the Land of the Black Sand.”
“Say no more, my dear,” a voice rang through the air, and Sadira jumped. She looked around for the source, but she saw nothing. Then a flash of light appeared, and a young man stepped out. “Just follow me.”
“Mozenrath?” Sadira asked as she looked at him. She had never actually seen him before, just heard of him. He was no older than Aladdin, but gruff looking. He was pale, and wore elegant clothes of black and blue. A brown gauntlet was on his left hand. “You won’t hurt me, will you?”
“No, no. I am only here to help you.” Mozenrath grinned. He looked up and down at Sadira. She stood as tall as Jasmine, but was much darker. She had light brown hair, and green eyes also. She had on billowy pants with a matching shirt that were white. “If you help me.”
“Why didn’t you just come and get me yourself in the first place?” Sadira asked suspiciously.
“Ahh, yes, coming into the crowded streets of Agrabah before knowing your true strength and ability, and allow everyone to tell Aladdin that I was here. That sounds like a truly brilliant idea.” Mozenrath said with sarcasm.
“I get it, you don’t have to be so rude.” Sadira retorted, blushing.
“Come, we need to go.” Mozenrath grabbed Sadira and pulled her into the time rip. There was a flash of light, and they were gone.
“Master, forget me?” Xerxes asked. The light reappeared again, and a hand came out and grabbed the slug by the neck. “Ugh,” Xerxes said as he disappeared.

*~*~*~*~*

A time rip appeared in another throne room, Mozenrath’s throne room. He stepped out, and helped out Sadira after. Xerxes flew in right behind, and the time rip disappeared.
Sadira looked around the room. It was very large, maybe even larger than the palace’s throne room, but it was also very dark. The walls were dark blue, and the floor black. The windows let in very little light due to the long black draperies that hung from them. At the entrance she could see two soldiers, but they looked dead. They were green and their mouths seemed to be sewn shut. Those must be the mamlucks. “Nice place here Mozenrath.” She said with the same sarcasm he used earlier.
Not noticing the sarcasm, Mozenrath beamed. “I know, I know.” Sadira just rolled her eyes, and waited for Mozenrath to come clean with the plan. “What’s the deal, how do you plan to help me?”
“I want Jasmine. You want to get rid of Jasmine, that’s how.” Mozenrath answered.
“I don’t want to get rid of Jasmine, I just want to have Aladdin.”
“Well, I can make that happen, you get Aladdin and I get Jasmine.”
“How?”
“That’s what I needed to talk to you about.” Mozenrath sneered. “I saw that you dabble in the sand magics. That could be useful.”
“I will not hurt Jasmine!”
“I don’t want her hurt, so that works wonderfully. I just want her here.
“And you won’t hurt Aladdin?”
Mozenrath cringed at the thought. “He’s yours.”
“Great, now, what do I need to do.” All of Sadira’s second thoughts flew out of the window as she heard of Mozenrath’s plans. Aladdin’s finally going to be mine!

*~*~*~*~*

Two weeks had passed since the death of the Sultan. Agrabah had remained peaceful, and there were no real issues except for the theft of a local street merchant, who lost two apples. Almost everyone in the city had turned out to memorialize the Sultan and his legacy.
Aladdin and Jasmine were kept busy keeping their affairs in order with other kingdoms, and their rulers. They needed to make sure that their allies knew that even though the Sultan was gone, their peace would be sustained, and no harm would come to them. Now, even that had died down, and all the messengers were leaving the palace. Aladdin and Jasmine sat in their throne room, and talked about what needed to be done. It seemed pretty boring during the day, but at night, Aladdin always made time for a “secret” magic carpet ride with Jasmine to a near by oasis. They would go alone and talk for hours before heading home to do it all over again.
“I’m bored,” Aladdin said yawning. He looked out towards the sky and saw it was another clear day. I want to be riding carpet, I’m bored.
“Oh Aladdin, I know. It’s boring for me too.” Jasmine said. I want to be riding carpet, I’m bored. Jasmine stretched, and watched Aladdin squirm in his throne like a little kid. It was irritating, but at the same time, it was kind of cute.
“I don’t know how your father did this day in and day out,” Aladdin remarked.
“I guess you’ll just have to get used to it.” Jasmine returned.
“I’m just not used to such a boring lifestyle,” Aladdin murmured. This enraged Jasmine, but she kept her cool as she spoke.
“This was my father’s entire life since he was eighteen. He had to do this everyday for over sixty years, my father was not boring.” Jasmine sleuthed.
Aladdin hinted her rage. “I’m sorry Jasmine, that’s not what I meant. I just meant that I wasn’t ready for all of this, I should be riding carpet now, not taking care of diplomatic routes and trade plans.”
“Well,” Jasmine started as she stood up, “I’m really sorry that my father’s death didn’t come at a better time for you.” Jasmine started out of the throne room.
“Jasmine, you know that’s not what I meant!” Aladdin yelled after her. Jasmine just turned, surprised at the anger in his voice. She stared for a moment, and then walked out to the menagerie.
Oh man, why did I yell at her like that? Aladdin thought. I don’t understand this, should I not feel the way I feel right now? Well, she should understand me too, or at least try! I’m not the one who just lost my father though, now am I? Is that her excuse, or is it me? Aladdin’s thoughts were interrupted by Genie.
“Wow Al, I don’t know what happened, but Jasmine just stormed out of here like a rocket.” Genie turned into a rocket and blew his top.
“I know Genie. I kind of, well, I snapped at her.” Genie just stared at Aladdin. “Stop looking at me like that Genie! I mean, I’m going crazy trapped in here all day. I don’t know if I was ready for this, and I mean, well, she… oh, I don’t know what to do.” Aladdin fell back down into his throne and put his head in his hands.
Genie floated over to him, and put his hand on his shoulders. “Did I just hear you say you felt trapped? Isn’t this how Jasmine felt for the first seventeen years of her life?”
Aladdin looked up into Genie’s eyes, but didn’t say anything. He’s right. I can’t believe that I’m acting this way. Here I thought I was going crazy, but this is the first time that I have been trapped in the palace like this. Jasmine did this for a long time, and when she finally thought she had the chance to get away, she gets trapped again suddenly. “I have to talk to her Genie,” Aladdin said on his was out of the throne room.

*~*~*~*~*

Jasmine sat at the edge of the fountain in the menagerie. She dipped her hand in the water, and tears welled up in her eyes. Why did I get like that w/ him? He didn’t feel any differently than how I do. I want to be out there also exploring the world, and finding new adventures. How is it right that I can feel so… trapped, and he can’t? I have to talk to him.

*~*~*~*~*

“It’s the perfect time now. Go!” Mozenrath opened a rip in time and Sadira stepped out. She arrived in the palace’s menagerie. “Show time,” Mozenrath snarled.

*~*~*~*~*

“Jasmine?” Sadira said as she walked out from behind a bush. Jasmine turned around startled by her voice.
“Sadira, what… how did you get in here. You scared me.” Jasmine walked over to her friend.
“Raoul, let me in.”
Jasmine just smiled, “You mean, Rasoul?”
“Umm… yeah, him.” Sadira blushed.
“It’s great to see you Sadira, I felt like it’s been ages since we’ve last seen each other.” Jasmine hugged her.
“Yeah, I’m sorry to hear about your father. I know how close you two were. Are we alone out here?”
“My father was a great man. Yes, we are alone out here, I like it that way, why?” Jasmine asked a little suspicious.
“No reason.” Sadira pulled out a little sack, and poured it on Jasmine. Jasmine felt the sand pour on her head, and she turned to Sadira confused.
“Sadira, what are yo-,” Jasmine went light headed, and fell to the ground.
“I’m so sorry Jasmine.” Sadira said as she poured a different sand in the air. “I just know that Aladdin and I are meant to be together.”
The time rip opened up again, and Mozenrath stepped out. “Our plan is in motion,” he said as he picked up the unconscious princess. Jasmine’s crown fell off as he jumped back into the time rip, and disappeared.
“Jasmine! Jasmine?” Aladdin called. Sadira thought quickly when she heard him coming. She fell to the ground, and closed her eyes. “Jasmine… Jas-,” he stopped and looked down at the girl on the ground. “Sadira?” Aladdin picked her up in his arms.
This can’t be real, Aladdin is not holding me right now. Sadira opened her eyes and gazed up into Aladdin’s deep brown ones. “Aladdin,” she started meakly.
“Yeah, it’s okay, I’m right here.” Aladdin helped her up, and helped her stand. “Where’s Jasmine?”
It’s always about Jasmine with you isn’t it Aladdin. You’re so cute when you’re upset. “I have no idea, there was a bright light, and then,” Sadira acted weak again. Aladdin led her to the fountain and sat her down.
“Did you see who took her, where did they go?!” Aladdin asked in alarm.
“I don’t know, I’m sorry Aladdin, but Jasmine’s gone.” Sadira went in to lean on him when he got up suddenly.
Aladdin walked over to where Jasmine’s crown was laying. “We have to find her,” Aladdin stammered as determined as ever.
Yes, Aladdin, you keep saying that. But you’ll grow to love me.

*~*~*~*~*

Jasmine woke up slowly. She stretched, and looked around groggily. She noticed she was no longer at the palace and she stood up quickly. She again got light-headed and was about ready to collapse when she felt someone pick her up. “Not so fast princess, you’ve had a rough night, maybe you should keep resting.”
“Aladdin,” Jasmine asked as she opened her eyes. She looked up, and too horror she looked right into Mozenrath’s eyes. She jumped down, and backed away. “Where am I?” Jasmine asked looking around. “Oh, and it’s Sultana now.”
“Oh yes, I’ve heard.” Mozenrath smirked, “I’m sorry to hear about your father’s death. Oh, and you’re in the Land of the Black Sand.”
Jasmine turned to him in anger, “You’re sorry! Someone like you is incapable of any human feeling!”
“Ah, Sultana, that’s not true, but in one way it does fit in with my plans.”
Jasmine stared at him, “What plans?”
“We’ll discuss them over dinner. Now, please, dress for our evening.” Mozenrath waved his hand and a dress appeared on her bed. Jasmine looked down at it and then back towards Mozenrath. “I’m not hungry.”
“Well, then I’m not in the mood to give you any answers,” with that, Mozenrath left the room. When the doors banged shut, Jasmine ran back after them. She flung them open, only to see a stone wall. “What, how?” Jasmine then ran to one of the windows, but they were all barred. She saw no other escape route so she went back to the bed and sat down. She looked at the dress. It was a light blue and sleevless. It had a black, sheer fabric that surrounded it, meeting in the middle of the waist. She decided if she wanted answers at all, she might as well go along with it. She started to undress from her purple gown, when she knew that Mozenrath could be watching. She climbed underneath the covers and undressed there.
When she came out, she straightened the dress out. She went over to the near-by vanity, and started combing her hair. Then she noticed that her crown was missing! Oh, please let Aladdin still have it. “I’ll kill Sadira for this,” Jasmine said aloud.
As soon as Jasmine stood up and realized that she was done and ready for dinner, the door opened, and she could see out into the hall. Neat trick, put a wall in front of a door. Mamlucks walked in and escorted her to the dining hall. I guess Mozenrath was watching me. She sat down to the right of the head chair.
“Sorry, I’m late,” Mozenrath appeared and took his seat at the head of the table.
“No problems here,” Jasmine whispered under her breath.
Mozenrath studied Jasmine closely, “You look wonderful.”
“Thanks. Now I want the answers. Why am I here, and what do you want?” Jasmine said as a mamluck brought in the meals. Jasmine just stared at, it didn’t look any different than her meals at home.
“I want what I always want, power.” Mozenrath said as he took a bite of the feast.
Jasmine took a bite from her food. I didn’t realize how hungry I am, how long have I been out? “What makes you think that I can give you power?”
“I need you, to be my wife.”
Jasmine nearly choked on her food. “You’re wife! That will never happen, I am married to Aladdin!”
“Yes, but that’s okay, I can deal with seconds.”
Jasmine glared at him, “How dare you? Bring me in here just to insult me!”
“I’m sorry princess,” Mozenrath calmly retorted, “I meant that it doesn’t matter. I want Agrabah, and you’re my way of getting it.”
“You’ll never get Agrabah, Aladdin is it’s Sultan now. He won’t let anything happen to me or his city.”
“I don’t think we’ll have to worry about Aladdin,” Mozenrath grinned.
Jasmine looked at him curiously, “What does that mean? You better not of hurt him!”
“Of course not, that wasn’t part of the deal.”
“What deal? Sadira!” Jasmine pieced together the ideas in her head.
Mozenrath smirked, “Yes, that girl proved to be very useful in my plan, she deserves something in return.
Oh, I’ll give Sadira what she deserves, trust me, I will.

*~*~*~*~*

Back in Agrabah, Aladdin, Genie, Abu, and Sadira all were on Carpet soaring above the streets of Agrabah. Aladdin’s eyes skimmed everywhere looking for any sign of Jasmine. “Sadira, are you sure you don’t remember anything at all about what happened when Jasmine vanished?”
Sadira just frowned, “No, Aladdin. I told you, Jasmine and I were just talking when a light flashed. I don’t know what happened next, the next thing that I remember was hearing your voice.” She grabbed his arm and hugged it tight.
Aladdin just rolled his eyes, and started looking again. We need to find Jasmine and fast, so at least I can get rid of this girl.
“Aladdin!” Everyone jerked their heads up to look from where the voice was coming from. Aladdin looked towards his hovel when he saw Jasmine tied up at the edge about ready to fall off.
“Jasmine!” Aladdin soared off towards his old home, but as soon as he got close enough to touch Jasmine’s hand, she disappeared.
“Okay, me thinks someone is playing with us,” the Genie said as he poofed into a trench coat and held a magnifying glass in the air. Aladdin just stared at his friend, then back down at Sadira who was sitting at the edge of Carpet behind them.
“I think you’re right Genie, and whoever it is will be stopped by any means necessary,” Aladdin directed.
Sadira just looked up at him and smiled. You’re so funny Aladdin, and so naïve, but you sure do look a lot better in those fancy street rat clothes. Carpet took off again through the rest of Agrabah.

*~*~*~*~*

“Sleep tight Prin-, I mean, Sultana,” Mozenrath said as he directed Jasmine back to her room. “Now, you see, that’s going to get very confusing. You’re going to be Sultana of Agrabah, but Queen of the Land of the Black Sand. Hmmm…” Mozenrath laughed as he shut the door behind him. Jasmine ran to it, but like before, it was a stone wall, and the windows were again barred.
“Mozenrath! I know you’re watching me!” She yelled and looked around the room for any sign of a way of someone watching her. She looked back down on the bed, and a nightgown appeared on top of the silk covers. Well, I have to hand it to the man, he has a great sense of style. She crawled under the covers, and dressed. She saw a wardrobe near the end of the room and decided to hang up the other dress there. Jasmine walked over and opened the doors. To her surprise, a beautiful gown was the only thing hanging in there. This must be my wedding dress, too bad I’ll never get to wear it. The gown was a shimmering blue with black and gold trim along the neck line, waist and ruffles running down the middle of the legs. Jasmine hung the other dress up next to it, and climbed in her bed. Aladdin, please, come find me soon.

*~*~*~*~*

“This is ridiculous!” Aladdin screamed as he threw himself into the throne. “We’ve been out since yesterday morning. Someone is playing with us! We’ve seen Jasmine at my hovel, in a beggar’s cart, in the palace fountain, and even in my bedroom!”
“Chill out Al,” Genie turned into a hippy, and turned to Aladdin, floating in the room. Sadira walked in.
“I’m so sorry Aladdin,” she lulled. She sat on the step leading up to his throne, and gave him a bowl full of grapes. Genie peered at the sack on Sadira’s sash. He grabbed it quickly, and poured its contents out on his hand. “Give me that back you dolt!”
Aladdin looked down at the sand in the Genies hands, “This isn’t good Al, this is Dreamwind Sand, it knocks you out hard, and if given too much, it could kill ya!” Genie exclaimed.
“Sadira, what is going on?” Aladdin demanded.
Rats! That stupid Genie, he just went on and ruined my only chance with Aladdin. “I can umm… I can explain!” Sadira stuttered.
“You better, now, what’s all this about.” Aladdin said trying to control the anger in his voice.
Alright, I guess I’m caught. If I tell the truth now, maybe I won’t be forced out of Aladdin’s life forever. “I’m sorry Aladdin, but Mozenrath said-“
“Mozenrath!” Aladdin yelled at the girl hovering on the step. “You gave Jasmine to Mozenrath!”
“I’m so sorry Aladdin.” Sadira’s eyes started to tear.
Aladdin just glared down at Sadira “We have to find her!” Genie nodded and jumped on carpet.
“Please, let me come. I can help, I can!” Sadira begged. Aladdin looked over at Genie who just shrugged.
“All right, but not because I want you to, but I need Jasmine.” I knew Sadira couldn’t be trusted, I knew it. “I swear to Allah, if Jasmine is hurt, you will pay just as much as Mozenrath.”
Sadira cringed at his words, and climbed on carpet. Suddenly, clasps surrounded her hands. “Precautions.” Genie said as he adorned a police outfit, and he swallowed the key. Sadira just sighed as Carpet took off out of the palace.

*~*~*~*~*

Jasmine woke up, and blinked her eyes, adjusting to the little light that poured through the window. She pulled the covers up around her chest, and curled up. She could tell it was the next morning. Oh, how I wished that I was with Aladdin at the Oasis last night.
She sat up, and walked over to her vanity. She sat down and picked up her brush when she noticed a not on the mirror.

Jasmine,
Please come down to the main hall after you have dressed. You’re outfit for today is in the wardrobe.

Mozenrath

Jasmine smirked at the note. What if I choose not to get dressed?... Then I will be stuck in this room for the rest of the day, or the rest of the time that I stay here, and I am hungry. She walked over to the wooden wardrobe and opened its doors. To her horror, the only thing that was in it was the wedding dress. “Mozenrath, I am not marrying you!” Jasmine screamed to the empty room. A light flashed, and Mozenrath appeared.
“On the contrary, you will marry me!” He flicked his hand, and Jasmine suddenly had the dress on. “I wished to do that the easy way, but you’re just too stubborn.” Jasmine just glared at the sorcerer. Mozenrath grinned with triumph, and disappeared again. The two massive doors of Jasmine’s room opened and two mamlucks walked in. They grabbed Jasmine by her arms, and led her out of the room. Jasmine tried to escape, and even knocked one of the mamluck’s arms off, but to no avail, they carried her all the way down to a large open room.
Mozenrath stood in the middle of the room right next to a mamluck dressed almost like an Arabian priest. Xerxes slithered around his master’s form. Mozenrath turned to look at Jasmine. He looked surprised at her beauty. The mamlucks carried her to his side, “Jasmine, my beautiful flower, are you ready?”
“You wish,” Jasmine returned and she spit in his face.
Mozenrath wiped his face, and turned to Jasmine, enraged. “You pathetic fool, I am the most powerful mortal sorcerer in the Seven Desserts, and I will get what I want!” Jasmine backed up, and fell to the ground. Mozenrath’s gauntlet started to glow, and he was about to hit Jasmine with one of his energy balls when he went hurling through the air.
“Well, Mozenrath, I see you’re just as cowardly as ever,” Aladdin sleuthed as he picked Jasmine up. Jasmine’s eyes went wide as he looked back at her, and leaned in for a passionate kiss. Mozenrath stood up, and threw another energy ball in between the couple.
“You pathetic street-rat. You think you can stop me this time? Jasmine will be mine, and so will be your pathetic kingdom!” Mozenrath zapped another bolt towards Aladdin.
Sadira, enraged by Mozenrath’s actions started to twist her lock picks harder until the clasps finally fell to the ground. Genie rushed to Al’s side, when Mozenrath zapped him into the wall.
Genie started to get back up, when Mozenrath came over with a human sized crystal floating behind him. “IXTALA!” He yelled, and the Genie yelped as he was sucked into to the crystal. Aladdin dove to try and catch him, but he was gone. Both the Crystal of Ix and the Genie were vanished.
“Mozenrath, you dirty fool!” Aladdin said as he dove towards him. Mozenrath moved swiftly to the side, and Aladdin fell to the ground. Mozenrath raised his gauntlet once again when he fell to the ground. Sadira stood up, on carpet and glared at Mozenrath.
“You swore no one would get hurt!” She yelled at the sorcerer.
Mozenrath stood up quickly and grinned, “I lied.” He zapped Sadira against the wall, and a cage of energy surrounded her almost 10 feet in the air. She tried to jump down, but the energy would just blast her backwards.
Mozenrath turned his attention to Aladdin and Jasmine. Jasmine held Aladdin in his arms as he tried to recuperate from the previous blast from the powerful sorcerer. He grinned widely, “Aladdin, please, how many times must we go through this?” He raised his hand again, but stopped as he grabbed his arm in pain. Abu tried to run, but was caught by the tail. “You miserable monkey! Oh Xerxes, do you want to play?” He through Abu into the slug, who chased the scared monkey around.
“Abu!” Aladdin yelled as he went to stop the slug from biting his furry friend. Mozenrath zapped him to the ground again. Aladdin tried limply to get up, but he couldn’t. He fell to the ground, unconscious. Mozenrath walked over to the young man’s body, and kicked it. He was about to kill Aladdin when Jasmine’s voice rang out.
“NO! I’ll do it Mozenrath, I’ll give you anything if you just leave Aladdin alone.” Mozenrath turned to look at the young Sultana. Jasmine had tears welling up in her eyes as she watched Aladdin laying there in a helpless heap. Aladdin tried to get back up, but his whole body ached, and he felt so tired. What is she doing? I can’t let her do this, it will ruin everything her father worked for, I can’t loose her..
Mozenrath grabbed Jasmine up off the floor and brought her to the mamluck priest. Jasmine sobbed as the mamluck mumbled the words of the marriage through sealed lips. She couldn’t stop looking at Aladdin, who was breathing heavy and holding his abdomen which had already started to bruise. Abu ran over to him, and tried to help him up, screeching something incoherent and carpet rolled up under his head.
The mamluck looked at her, and Mozenrath glared. She knew it was her time to avail to the marriage. Her stomach turned, and she felt sick. I can’t do this, Aladdin, my city, what are they going to do when Mozenrath takes them over, what is Aladdin going to do seeing how I would now be Mozenrath’s wife. Jasmine started “I-,” when Mozenrath was pushed on top of her. Aladdin stood there in his spot, before collapsing again to the ground.
Mozenrath steadied himself up again, and looked down at the tired body on the ground. Jasmine tried to stop him from doing anymore damage when Mozenrath pushed her to the ground hard. He turned back to Aladdin, and without any words, he started channeling energy to his gauntlet. He was about to give the biggest blow any one of them had ever seen at Aladdin. Aladdin just cringed and waited for the blow to hit him, when to his surprise it never came. He looked up, and yelled out. Jasmine was in the line of fire, and was being held in the air with Mozenrath’s magic. Mozenrath saw who he had zapped instead and quickly let the princess fall to the ground.
Jasmine hit the floor, but didn’t move. Aladdin ran to her and stared in shock, as did Mozenrath. Tears welled up in Aladdin’s eyes, and anger overtook his body. No! Not now! Aladdin jerked his head up and looked over towards Mozenrath. Without thinking, he dove into the sorcerer, wrestling with him on the ground.
Sadira watched above in her cage, and looked at Jasmine’s limp form on the ground. How could I have let this happen, I can’t believe it. She started to cry into her knees as she sat in the corner.
“Mozenrath, this is it. You’re done for,” Aladdin screamed as he tore off the sorcerer’s gauntlet.
“My gauntlet, you wretched fool,” Mozenrath whined. Mozenrath’s bare, skeleton hand had no use to him, and he tried to fend Aladdin off with just his one good hand.
As soon as the gauntlet was ripped off, the cage trapping Sadira disappeared. She was falling to the ground, and carpet caught her. She hit the floor and took off running. Aladdin paid no mind to her as he punched Mozenrath again, and the sorcerer’s head made a sickening crack against the stone flooring. Mozenrath didn’t move, Aladdin just stood and stared for a few seconds, before taking off to Jasmine’s side.
Aladdin placed the gauntlet down beside her, and took her in his arms. Jasmine just lay still and limply, and took in shallow breaths. Her body started to tremble. “Jasmine, come on, you can’t leave me now, I can’t do this on my own,” Aladdin whispered, stroking the side of her face. Jasmine opened her eyes slightly, and tried to talk, but her head fell to the side, and her breathing stopped. “Jasmine… JASMINE!” Aladdin started to cry uncontrollably as he brought Jasmine up to his face. He felt a hand touch his shoulder and looked behind him to see Genie, Abu, Carpet and Sadira all looking down on them.
“I’m sorry Al.” Genie said as tears bordered his eyes. Abu ran over to Aladdin and patted his head as he always did when he tried to comfort his human companion. Aladdin just looked up, as he sobbed and tears streaked his face.
“Is there anything you can do Genie?” Aladdin asked, through heavy breathing and salty tears. Genie just shook his head.
“I can’t bring people back from the dead, sorry pal.”
“Can’t? Or won’t?” Aladdin shot back. Genie backed up in surprise. “I’m sorry Genie, I’m so sorry,” Aladdin looked back down at Jasmine. I made a promise, to the Sultan, that I would protect you, and I already broke it, please, forgive me. Aladdin looked around, and saw the gauntlet lying where he had placed it before. He picked it up, and started to put it on.
“Aladdin, what are you doing,” Sadira asked in horror.
Aladdin just stared at the glove on his hand, “If this thing can take life, it can give it back also.”
“Al, that could destroy us all, and you don’t know what could happen to you! What if you can’t handle it?” Genie asked, trying to make Aladdin take off the glove.
“Are you saying that Mozenrath could handle it when I couldn’t?” Aladdin glared at the Genie, who immediately backed down, knowing there was no way that he could change his friend’s mind.
Aladdin placed his hand on Jasmine’s chest, and closed his eyes. Suddenly, the gauntlet and Aladdin’s eyes started glow. He poured out his energy through the gauntlet as Genie, and Sadira backed up and watched in silence. Their eyes widened, and jaws dropped at the amount of power Aladdin was putting in his mission. He really loves her, how could I have tried to come between that? Sadira thought as she stared through wide eyes.
Suddenly, the power stream stopped, and Aladdin fell to the ground breathing hard. He looked up, and checked Jasmine for any change. He picked her up, and realized she still wasn’t breathing. He laid her back down, and put his head in his knees.
“Aladdin?” He heard a voice from beneath him, he looked down to see Jasmine take in a deep breath. His heart raced, and he picked her up in his arms. Jasmine smiled weakly before putting her head on his shoulder as he held her in his arms like a child.
“Oh, Jasmine, I thought we had lost you,” Aladdin whispered before leaning in to kiss her. Genie and Abu started to dance and Carpet flew to the couple and picked them up in the air.
Mozenrath groaned from the corner of the room, and Genie stopped to stare. Suddenly, he poofed into a stylist and examined Mozenrath. “Oh, yes, we’ll do this, and this, oh, and this color looks wonderful with your pasty complexion.” The rest of the group stared in wonder as the tried to see what the Genie was doing. Suddenly, Genie stopped, and turned to admire his work. “Oh, this is my greatest accomplishment yet.”
Everyone turned and laughed when they saw Mozenrath tied up with hair ribbons, and curls. Xerxes tried to slither out unnoticed when Genie zapped a bow around his form, and he fell to the ground. “You fools, you think this will hold me?” Mozenrath snarled, when a bow appeared in his mouth.
“There, that is so much better!” Genie retorted. Aladdin stared at the sorcerer and laughed as he tried to talk through his gag.
“C’mon Genie, let’s go home.” He boarded Carpet, with Jasmine still in his arms. Abu crawled up on his shoulders. Sadira went to board the carpet when the shackles appeared on her wrists again. She looked up at Aladdin and Jasmine sadly, and sat down at the opposite end of Carpet. Genie floated behind as they soared through one of the windows back towards Agrabah.

*~*~*~*~*

Another day was set on the beautiful city of Agrabah. Aladdin and Jasmine sat at their thrones, watching as the sun started to slip behind the horizons. “I don’t think I’ll ever take anything for granted again,” Aladdin started as he stared at Jasmine.
“Yes,” Jasmine whispered, “This last few weeks have really put everything in perspective for me.”
“That’s right, I almost forgot!” Aladdin exclaimed as he pulled a pillow out from behind his throne. On the pillow was Jasmine’s sultana crown.
“Oh, Aladdin!” She whispered as he set it on her raven black hair. “Thank you, so much.”
Aladdin leaned in for a kiss, when Genie came again floating in, “Little orphan Sandy has disappeared from the dungeon again.” He said trying to catch his breath.
Aladdin headed for the dungeon when Jasmine stopped him, “I figured that it would take her longer than this.”
“What do you mean, you wanted this to happen?” Aladdin questioned.
“I just wanted Sadira to know where she stood with me, no more than a simple beggar and traitor.” Jasmine said.
Aladdin and Genie just stared as Jasmine sat back down in her throne. Aladdin walked up and took her hand, “We still have the oasis tonight, don’t we?”
“Of course,” Jasmine whispered in his ear. Aladdin whistled for Carpet, and they soared out of the throne room off towards the desert hand in hand.

The End