Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Curse or Blessing? by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
About two years later Carina announced that she was pregnant once again. She and Cassim went to the layer to avoid anymore attempts on Carina's life.

Nine months later she began to go into labor. Cassim put her on the cot and helped her stay as comfortable as possible durning the contractions.

Hours later the baby started to move down.

Both Cassim and Carina prayed it wouldn't get stuck. Yet, it did! Carina realized something as she and Cassim were moving a little ways away from the cot.

"Cassim."

"What?"

"This baby is larger than any other baby of ours."

He looked at her.

"I don't think that's a good thing, is it?"

"No."

Carina got in position and waited.

"Okay. Ready. One,... two,... three,... push!"

Carina pushed with all her might and screamed louder than ever before!

This time the strategy didn't work!

"Cassim, put me back on the cot."

Cassim did as he was told.

"Don't stay at the foot of the cot. I need you to go behind me."

Cassim moved around behind her.

"What do you want me to do?"

"The only way this baby is going to get out is if we work together."

"Okay, you lost me there."

Carina put both his hands on the lower part of his stomach.

"Gently press down with the tips of your fingers."

Cassim obeyed and could feel the baby.

"I still don't know what you want me to do."

"When I push I want you to push just up above the baby, pushing towards it. Hopefully it'll work."

"Are you sure?"

"Cassim, I don't think there's any other way."

"Okay. Whenever you're ready."

Carina began pushing and screamed.

Only the fact of that this could be the only way to get the baby out kept Cassim from stopping and covering his ears!

When Carina stopped Cassim did too.

All of the sudden Carina jerked forward, towards her legs, with a scream!

He gently pulled her back. She began sobbing and screamed again.

There were only a couple moments, if even, between her screams!

Cassim very gently pressed his finger tips on the lower part of her stomach. He suddenly felt the baby kick, quite hard, and at the same time Carina screamed again!

The baby was somehow kicking while still in the birth canal!

Cassim sat back.

"Carina, listen to me! You've got to push!"

"I can't!" she screamed, for the baby had kicked again.

"Yes you can! It's the only way! The baby won't stop! You've got to get it out, now push!"

Carina pushed as hard as she could. She screamed from the pain of her pushing and the pain of the baby kicking!

"Cassim, help me! I need help!" she shrieked.

Casim quickly began doing what she had told him to do earlier.

"Come on! You can do it, Carina!"

"Stop!"

Cassim quickly stopped, putting his hands over his ears.

"I can't push anymore!" she screamed, her screame mixed with the pain of the baby kicking.

"You have to!"

"I can't do it!"

"Carina, come on! You have to! If you don't get this baby out who knows what will happen!"

"I can't push!"

"Yes you can!"

"No! I literally *can't* push!"

"What?"

"I can't push!"

"Then use your hands like you had me do!"

Carina pushed on her stomach, just above the baby, pushing towards it. She screamed as the baby kicked and as it moved farther down the birth canal.

Cassim went to the foot of the cot.

"Come on! It's crowning!"

Carina continued to scream as she pushed.

"The head's out. Take a moment to rest."

Carina let her head fall back. She was crying and sweating.

The baby wasn't kicking anymore.

"Cassim, I can't push it out any farther with my hands, and I still can't push. You have to pull it out."

"I have to what?!"

Cassim nearly jumped off the ground as he spoke!

"You have to pull it out."

"Are you crazy?!"

"Just do it!"

Cassim very carefully took hold of the baby's head, so he wouldn't hurt it as he pulled, and looked at Carina.

She nodded, and he began to slowly pull the baby out.

Carina screamed so loud as the shoulders came out Cassim thought for sure he was going to go partly deaf!

Finally the baby was out.

Carina was breathing heavily and sweating profoundly. She was bleeding a lot more than she should have been!

"Carina."

"What?"

"The baby's gone."

"What do you..."

Carina didn't even need to finish her question. She knew what he meant. It had been a miscarrige! The baby was dead!

"No." she said weakly.

Cassim was now beside her, gently stroking the top of her head.

"Shhh. It's okay. Aden and Isabel are waiting at home."

"Tell them I love them."

Cassim didn't even need to ask her what was wrong or what she meant! Instantly he knew! She had lost so much blood she was dying!

He gripped her hand.

"No. Carina, no. Please."

"Tell Aden, Isabel, Aladdin, Jasmine, and Ali I love them."

"Carina, please. Please no."

"I love you, Cassim."

Tears filled his dark brown eyes.

"I love you too, Carina. Please don't leave me. Please. How am I suppose to tell the others? How am I suppose to tell Aden and Isabel that they won't see their mother again? How am I suppose to raise the twins myself?"

"I know you can do it."

"Please, Carina, don't leave me. Not now. Please. Don't leave me."

"Cassim, this isn't good-bye. It's only good-night. We'll be together again when God calls you home."

"Carina, please don't leave me."

"Good-night, my love."

Carina's eyes closed, her breathing stopped, her head fell to the side, and her heart stopped beating.

"Carina!" Cassim shrieked.

He broke down in a flood of tears. He got up and threw himself against the wall! He slammed both his fists against it. He sank to the floor, pulled his knees, close to his chest, floded his arms over his knees, buried his face in his arms, and sobbed his heart out.

He cried for hours! He cried until he had no tears left to cry!

He went back over to the cot and took Carina's cold, dainty hand in his own warm, large hand.

"Oh, Carina. I never had the courage to tell you this. I don't know if you can hear me up in Heaven. If you do I just want you to know that while I was the King of Thieves I broke my vow to remain faithful to you. I still haven't forgiven myself. I hope you'll forgive me."

Suddenly there was a blinding flash of light! When it was gone Cassim noticed that Carina's hand was warm!

"Carina?"

Her eyes fluttered open.

"Carina!"

She sat up, and he embraced her. They went back to the palace and were standing on the balcony of their bed chambers.

"What did you mean you broke you vow?"

"You heard me?"

"Yes I heard you. What did you mean?"

Cassim told what he had done. Carina became furious!

"Out of my sight you,... you... get out!"

Cassim ran out of the room, frightened by Carina for the first time in his life!

Carina refused to even look at him for the rest of the day!

He went out into the menagerie, sat down, pulled his knees close to his chest, folded his arms over his knees, and buried his face in his arms.

The gang watched a little ways away.

"We have to Mom and Dad back together."

"How?"

"Why don't we just do what we did to you and Al back together?"

"It worked for us. Their true love is stronger than ours, so it should work for them."

(song begins)

IAGO:
Forget about that guy
Forget about the way you fell into his eyes
Forget about his charms
Forget about the way he held you in his arms
Walking on air's obnoxious
The thrill
The chill
Will make you nauseous
And you'll never get enough
Just forget about love

Forget about romance
Forget about the way your heart begins to dance
Then you feel the blush
When he's spouting out some sentimental mush
Love really is revolting
It's even worse than when you're molting
Enough of this fluff
Just forget about love

CARINA:
I had almost forgotten the way it felt
When he held out his hand for mine
My heart all a-flutter

IAGO:
Oh, how I shudder

CARINA:
The first time we kissed

IAGO:
It won't be missed
Forget about 'is touch

CARINA:
I can't forget about his touch

IAGO:
In the scheme of things,
It doesn't matter much

CARINA:
It matters so much

IAGO:
You're better on your own
A meal becomes a banquet
When you eat alone

CARINA:
Hmm-mm-mm-mm

BOTH:
Love's filled with compromises

IAGO:
And don't you hate those big surprises?

CARINA:
A cozy rendezvous

IAGO:
Oh, please!

CARINA:
Candlelight for two

IAGO:
Oh, geez!

CARINA:
Look, you're calling my bluff, I can't

IAGO:
Just

BOTH:
Forget about love!

CARINA:
I can't forget about my heart

CASSIM:
I can't forget about my heart

CARINA:
And how it felt to fall for you right from the start

CASSIM:
I'm still falling

CARINA:
Whatever we may do

CASSIM:
Whatever we may do

CARINA:
You are here for me, and I'll be there for you

CASSIM:
I'll be there

BOTH:
To wish, to want, to wander
To find the sun through rain and thunder

CASSIM:
A cozy rendezvous

CARINA:
Yes, please!

CASSIM:
Candlelight for two

IAGO:
Oh, geez!
Enough is enough!

CASSIM and CARINA:
We can't forget about love!

(song ends)

"It worked! Nice going, Iago."