Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Quest for an Angel by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 5] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
When Cassim regained consciousness he found that he couldn't move his hands or his feet. He realized that they were bound!

Then he realized that there was a gag over his mouth!

{Why can't I see anything? My eyes are open, but all I see is darkness.}

Cassim then realized that he was in the large, empty trunk in his cabin!

There was no way for him to be heard, and he couldn't knock the trunk over to make noise because it was too heavy!

A few moments later he heard the sound of a lock being opened. Then the lid of the truth opened.

Cassim blinked as light streamed into the trunk. He looked up and gasped, though it couldn't be heard through the gag.

He staring straight up into his own face!

"I am a shape stealer."

Cassim cocked one eyebrow in confusion.

"I can take the form of any living male thing, whether it's a human being, an animal, or a monster."

The shape stealer was silent for a moment.

"You're probably wondering why I'm doing this to you and what I'm doing here."

Cassim nodded.

"I was hired and sent here by the sorcerer, Mozenrath. He has ordered that I steer this ship towards the south pole so you'll all freeze."

Cassim glared at the shape stealer. He began to struggle against his bonds.

"You can't break thses ropes. They're magic. Only one with a pure heart can break them, and, well, that's not you, is it?"

Cassim narrowed his eyes even more. The shape stealer snickered.

"Well, I must go. As for you, well, the only place you're going is where ever you are sentenced to go when you die."

Cassim's eyes widened a little.

"You'll run out of air in about five minutes, if even."

The shape stealer shut the lid and locked it!

Cassim heard the door to his cabin open and shut.

(I have to get out of here! How?}

He was already starting to run out of air!

Cassim swallowed his pride, humbled himself, and prayed.

When he finished there was suddenly a glowling, white light!

He struggled against his bonds, and they broke! He looked at his right hand. On the back was a white heart! It faded after he saw it.

He was once again of a pure heart!

He pulled his gag off and pushed on the lid of the trunk. It was no use. No matter how hard he pushed, the lid wouldn't budge!

He was running out time and air! Cassim took in one last breath, the deepest breath he had ever taken in his entire life, and held it.

There was no more air in the trunk!

Cassim thought quickly.

He couldn't hold his breath much longer! Finally he couldn't hold it any longer, but there was no air to breathe in! He began to feel dizzy and light headed! In a matter of moments he would pass out and end up dying!

In desperation, Cassim kicked his feet up against the lid as hard as he could.

He couldn't even describe the pain that shot from his feet down to his legs!

He also couldn't describe the relief he felt when the lid fell off!

He grabbed the side of the trunk, pulled himself up, and gulped in as much air as he could at one time.

He pulled himself out on the trunk and fell onto the floor of his cabin, weak from the lack of air he had experienced.

He slowly felt his strength come back to him. Once he had regained his strength and breath he got up, straightned his slothes, and left the cabin.

Everyone gasped when they saw him.

"Two?!"

"No. The one that is driving is a shape stealer!"

"He used me to lure Cassim to whewre he could knock him out and take on his form." Jasmine said.

The shape stealer hissed and disappeared.

Cassim turned the ship back towards the island.