Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Life of the King of Thieves by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
I awoke and didn't remember where I was at first. I sat up, rubbed my eyes, and looked around.

When I saw the other thirty-nine thieves spread out, still sleeping I remembered everything. I was now the King of Thieves!

I got up quietly, so as not to disturb the others, and went outside onto the cliff I had accidentally thrown the man that had been the King of Thieves before me over to his death.

The wind blew my hair and cape.

"Like the veiw?" came a gruff voice behind me.

I spun around to see Sa'luk leaning against the stone wall.

"Huh?"

"Like the veiw?"

"Like you care."

"Whoa, take it easy, Cassim. We're on the same side here."

"What do you want?"

"Today we are going out to see if any caravans pass by."

"I don't think I want to know what we're going to do if any pass by."

"You have to. You're the King of Thieves."

Sa'luk was silent for a moment.

"Oh, by the way, you might want to pull your hood and veil up. It's the tradition of the King of Thieves to keep his face hidden and not reveal who he really is."

I followed him back inside.

Later that morning we sat astride our horses. I had my hood and veil up so only my eyes were showing.

A caravan came by.

I tok a deep breath, slowly let it out, and kicked my horse into action. The others followed, whooping loudly.

The caravan stopped. The men tried to fight us off.

We circled the caravan with our horses.

The thieves struck the men down, not killing them only knocking them out.

I got down and went towards the camel that carried the treasure.

I was only a few feet away from it when I felt a sharp pain in my left shoulder.

"King of Thieves, this is your last raid." a voice hissed.

I struck back, knocking my attacker to the ground. I turned to see that he was a teenage boy about eighteen.

I pulled the dagger from my shoulder.

"This is my first raid. I killed the other King of Thieves and took his place." I said, making my voice deeper than it really was.

He got to his feet and attacked me again.

I drew the sword Sa'luk had given me and blocked his attack.

He knocked it from my hands and had me pinned to the ground! He raised his dagger above me.

Suddenly he screamed in pain and fell off of me!

I opened my eyes to see Sa'luk! He roughly pulled me to my feet.

I looked over and saw that the boy was dead!

"He would have killed you if I hadn't killed him. Be grateful."

I would be haunted by that sight for the rest of my life!