Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
The End of the Men of Abis-Mal by Merkal
[Reviews - 3] Printer

- Text Size +
The end of The Men of Abis-Mal

Based on "The Return of Jafar," the sequel to Disney’s Aladdin
Copyright Marco Merkelijn 1999




About 5 weeks had past since Aladdin and the Princess were engaged. The market has become busier with people from neighbor countries coming to wish the pair much luck and happiness. Even a few princes tried to ask the hand of the princes in marriage although they knew that she was engaged, every prince came back, mostly angry or disappointed. I remember that one of them once said to me "She chose a streetrat when she can get prince I don't get it. Why?" He said. I told him "Because they have something special called love. Love? She prefers love above richness and power?" the prince said. "Yes, now go back to your country and think that over." The prince agreed and left Agrabah. I never saw him again.

The engagement was good for the business on and around the market. The two thieves, Abis-Mail and Haroud where spotted on the market again. Razoul had let them go or they where escaped. Abis-mal and his men are plundering the city almost every day. They stole some things from me too, I told the guards about it they promised that they will do something about it fast that was 2 weeks ago and still The Men of Abis-Mal where plundering the city.

Merchants where fighting to sell their goods. Nevertheless more was stolen. Then the merchants could sell. The guards tried to find Abis-Mals hideout but they had not much luck. Then one day Aladdin decided the find his hideout on his with Abu and his magic Carpet. That was what a fellow merchant told me. I saw Aladdin flying after the Men staying out of side of them. Hours later he returns with Abis-Mals lute. I bet Abis-Mal did not like that very much.

I was right. By the end of the day I saw Aladdin - dressed up for something official - walking on the market. I said hi. He turned his head and said hi back. "I am Merkal." I said. "My name is Aladdin but my friends call me Al." He smiles. We shook hands. "I seen you on the market" I say. "Yes that is very good possible, I life on the streets with my monkey Abu for a long time now." He points at his monkey. The monkey lifts his fez and says something in monkey language. "Abu says hi. "Hello Abu it is nice to meet you." I said laughing. "So how long are you a merchant on the market?" Aladdin asks. "My father died when I was 10 and my mother didn't know anything about buying and selling goods. I was lucky my father taught it me when I was young. I am 20 years old so I work here for about 6 years and I enjoy it much." I told my new friend.

We hear a scream from a distance. We ran toward the sound. We found a middle-aged woman in a nearby ally. "I was roped by Abis-Mal and his men. Where did they go?" Aladdin asked her. She pointed him to the next street. "Merkal would you stay with her to help her home? Off course Al, come on miss I bring you home where do you live? Thanks" Aladdin said. "I go after Mal and his thieves." I brought the woman home and gave her a glass of water. After I was sure she would be fine, I left to find Aladdin and Abu.

I found them fighting for their lives with Abis-Mal and his men. A big fat thief garbs me from behind. Trying to get myself free, I hit him with my head only to get a headache. The thief dragged me to an ally another pulled his sword. "So boy do you have a last wish? Well yes I wish that your weren't born." Laughing I kicked his sword out of his hand. Both thieves looked at the flying sword to see where it would land. They did not pay any attention to me so I could sneak away.

When I was sure I was safe, I sat down on a doorstep to rest. About ten minutes later I stood up to find Aladdin again. I looked through the whole market but did not find him. Hoping he was fine, I returned to my stall to find it just as I had left it. I looked at the sun that was almost gone down. "I do not think I can sell much more goods today." I said to myself. So I packed my goods, earned money, and walked home.

The next day I heard about the return of Jafar`s sidekick Iago. Moreover, that Aladdin did not tell the Sultan or the Princess about it. "Poor Aladdin" a girl said. "Yes you are right but he is to blame to." A little boy came running into the market with some of Abis-Mal`s thieves after him. The distance between the men and the boy was far enough for me to help him escape by hiding him beneath my stall. "Hey you" I looked up "Yes? Did you seen a little boy running by?" One of the thieves asked in a not so nice way. "Boy? O yes that way" The thieves ran a total different direction right in the hands of some patrolling guards. "Thank you mister. Do not thank me. I was glad to help you. I gave the boy something to eat. He run away happy as a little kid can be.

Later that day I saw Aladdin and the Sultan flying away to the east. Abis-Mal and his men stayed away for the rest of the day. It was quiet on the market so I took a walk trough Agrabah. I meet one of my friends Fawaz, a richer merchant. Told me that he heard that Abis-Mal and his men had split and the men have chosen a new leader, Cassim. Some people seen Abis-Mal walking with a lamp. Hours past but the Sultan and Aladdin never return. Then the Princes made an announcement. "People of Agrabah I have sad news for you. About an hour ago my father the Sultan is found dead in the desert. We are sure that my fiancé Aladdin is the perpetrator. His accomplice the Genie, Monkey and Carpet are already had been locked up behind bars. Tomorrow by dawn the monkey and Carpet will die. I am shocked and very sad that my fiancé would do such a thing. When he comes back he will be executed at once." Although she stands high above me I can see her crying but there is something different with her. I only saw her a few times but she looks different then the last time I saw her. Another friend of my street performer she dances on the street. Afrah is one of my best friends a year younger then I, I meet her when I was only 15 I helped her mother with some heavy goods she introduced me to her daughter who just came along. Afrah told me that Aladdin had left Agrabah forever. "I don't believe you I said. I can't believe it either." She said.

Afrah and I walked to her home we talked some more about Aladdin and his Princess. I said goodbye to her and walked home. I saw someone passing by. "Aladdin!" I called his name. He walked pass me, I ran after trying to warn him. I lost him in the streets and alleys of the city. "I hope he has an explanation where he has been the last few hours." When I came home I set down rested a half an hour, eat and drink something. I stored my goods, feed my camel and read some scrolls at home. It must have been past midnight when I got to bed.

The next day there was no market, the people of Agrabah where very sad. The death if they are beloved ruler made a deep impact on them. Nevertheless, not all was lost; Genie saved Al’s life. Aladdin and friends including the Princess landed safely on the abandoned market. Abandoned because every one was home mooring of the death of their Sultan. Total surprised to see the Sultan alive I asked Aladdin what happened. "It is Jafar, he is back as a genie to have his revenge on me he works together with Abis-Mal. He faked my father’s death and pretended to be Jasmine. Faking Jasmine I don't understand?" I said. The princess took over from Aladdin. "I was captured by Jafar and he did as he was me. The Princess Jasmine you saw on the balcony was Jafar not me. O and by the way, I am very glad to meet you Merkal. Aladdin has told me much about you how you helped him trying to capture Abis-Mal." She smiled at me. She was even more beautiful, then the first I saw her walking on the market. "It is an honor to meet you Princess." I bow before her. "Please don't friends of Aladdin are my friends too. You know my father the Sultan." This time I bow even deeper. "Good day your highness. Good day my dear merchant." I shook hands with him. "And these are Genie and Carpet." Aladdin gestures to his friends. "So you are the merchant Al has hang out with. Welcome to the club." Genie hugged me very tight. "Uh would you please release me I can't breathe." I say with a tiny voice. "O sorry." Giving me a tiny smile, the genie let me go. "Now that we all are introduced let’s take care of Jafar." The Princess said. "Yes, let’s take care of Jafar." Aladdin said.

Every one except the Sultan climbed on Carpet and took off to the palace. A few guards joined the Sultan and me in our wait for the return of them. "You can go now." A grumpy guard said. "I am going nowhere the Princess asked me to stay with the Sultan until she combs back." I said a little offended. "He stays here with me." The Sultan said to the guard. "As you wish your highness." Meanwhile the people of Agrabah had found out that their sultan was not dead and tried to ask him what happened. The people where held back by a few dozen guards. "The sultan will tell you what happened later" The leader of the guards told the people. "O dear I hope that they will be fine" the sultan said worried looking at the flashing lights by the palace. "They will be Sultan, I know that they" will be. Not letting him know that I was as much as worried as he was.

After about half an hour the lights stopped flashing and it looked like a wall of light raised high into the air. The crowed of people looked at it stunned by what was happening. "Sultan I think we won this war" the good ruler nodded. A few minutes later Aladdin and the princess returned. She hugged her father who was glad that his daughter was save. "What happened?" I asked Aladdin. "It is a long story, come with us to the palace we tell you later there." He said, looking from to the Princess to the Sultan. The Princess walked to me and gave me a hug. Total caught by surprise I did not know what to do except hugging her back. "I am very grateful that you stayed with my father in time of danger." Aladdin walked over to me and shook me hand too. "It was my duty as a citizen of Agrabah to protect our Sultan, Princess. Please just call me Jasmine. As you wish Prince ..uh.. Jasmine." I went with Aladdin, Jasmine and the Sultan back to the palace after I changed my clothes in something more official.

At the palace in the throne room, I got the award of courage and loyalty of Agrabah. Every one applauded and congratulated me with it I had to say something. Nervous I stood in the middle of the throne room. "It was not more then my duty to help protect Agrabah from evil. And make sure that the royal family was save." Every one laughed and applauded. They gave a party for me. It was late when it was over. The Sultan let me stay at the palace for the night. Strange all that time I did not saw the parrot who was the real hero of the day. Jasmine had told me that his name was Iago. "Oh well maybe I will meet him someday." I said to myself before I felt a sleep.

The next day I stayed at the palace and talked with Aladdin, Jasmine and their friends. I still did not saw Iago. The day passed quickly, I said goodbye to my new friends. While I was walking to home, I saw Faaris. Faaris, owns a horse stable. Almost all of horses of caravans came there to rest and taken care of.

"Hello, Faaris. Hey hallo hero of the day" Faaris said to tease me. We laughed. "Do you have any idea what happened to that stupid thief Abis-Mal?" I asked him. "Yes I heard he had hanged on a tree in the palace garden for the whole night. A few palace guards cut him lose the next morning and thrown him in into the palace dungeon. We will not hear of him for a long time. He invited me to his home to drink something. "If you don't mind to go home now, I want to re-open my stall tomorrow. I missed already two days of income. But," Faaris begun "you have some new friends now. Yes that’s true." We said goodbye. When I got home, I climbed to the second floor of my house where was window with a great view of Agrabah. "Ah Agrabah city if mystery of enchantment, what will lay ahead of this city of magic?"