Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Wedding of a Friend by Merkal
[Reviews - 2] Printer

- Text Size +
Wedding of a friend

By Marco Merkelijn

Partly based upon the Aladdin sequel The King Of Thieves.
Inspired by true friendship and love.


"So how do I look mother?" I asked my mother who was helping me seeking clothes for the event of the century. "You look very handsome my son. You look like a prince" I blush. "Thank you mother but you are not honest. I don't come even close to a prince." I tried some more clothes. "How is this?" mom walks around me. "Turn around, yes that is it. I liked your first suit better." So I decided to take that one. I paid the tailor and walked with mother back home. "I am so proud of you my boy. You a merchant is invited to the wedding of the princess." She smiled to me. "Don't forget that is Aladdin's wedding too." She nods. "Yes that is true, he must be so happy. Now hurry up, you must get your date in an only a few hours. Yes mother I hurry." We made some more preparing before that I had to go, I looked at the clock. "I still have 2 hours before I have to go. If you need me mother I am outside at the stable." She nods, I walked to the stable. "Hi Rafeek how are you today?" I asked my friend, he didn't look up but eats quietly from his hey. "Camels" I said to myself. I sat down in the hey next to my animal friend and pet. "Well Rafeek, only a few more hours and then something will happen that will change to lives of two people forever. Do you know who?" I asked him gazing at the still eating camel but knowing he understands me. "My good friends Aladdin and Jasmine are going to get married then. I am so happy for them." Rafeek stopped eating and looked at me. I know camels cannot smile or speak but for a moment, I thought he was smiling at me as if he would say, "Don't worry my friend everything will turn out all right." I shake my head to clear my thoughts; "My mind that is playing tricks on me. Just nervous I think. I am glad that I don't have to go alone. Off course I knew she would have said yes but still it is that feeling you know?" I told him the whole story about the day I got the invitation, the talk with my mother if I should go or not, her idea to ask someone with me, someone I feel comfortable with, about the first one who is logic to ask to go with me. The camel looks at me again, "No not you Rafeek" I said laughing at the face of a slightly disappointed camel. "You know who I mean, you seen her and her sister all the time here." The camel looks for a moment as he was thinking, "Who could that be" then he nodded in agreement. He licks my cheek. "Merkal come out of that dirty stable, it is time to dress up and go get your date." I ran to the door but stops at the doorpost, "Thanks Rafeek, you understand me." I ran inside, wash and dress myself.

"Have a great day Merkal, and bring my best whishes over to the happy couple" my mother says while waving me out. "Thank you and I will." Still nervous I walked trough the streets of Agrabah. I stopped for a house swallowed and knocked on the door. A minute later a man opens the door "ha you are here already, please come in" the man smiled at me. I little less nervous I stepped through the door that the man held open for me. "Good day Abdul. How are you?" I walked behind the man to the living room of the house. He gestures that I take a seat "I am fine and proud that my daughter can go to a royal wedding. And I have to thank you for that" I sat down while he was talking to me. "She will be ready soon, you know women always trying to look perfect. I tell them you are here." I nod and Abdul walked out of the room and up a stairs. Happy but still nervous I thought back at the day I had meet her and her sister, they both had something special but she had something else too. "Hi I am Yesenia and this is my sister Crystal, who are you?" he remembers that sentence as if it was yesterday although it was already about eight years ago. He was happy to have such good friends. "Merkal?" I looked up Abdul was standing in front of me. "Are you okay? You are so quiet?" it brought me back to the present. "Yes I am fine, more then fine. I was thinking back at that day I met her and Crystal. It was so long ago" with a serious look he sat down next to me. "Merkal be honest what do you think of my daughters?" I shook my had not knowing what he was talking about. "What do you mean, "think of your daughters" you know that we are close friends, Yesenia is even my best friend. We enjoy the time we are together." Then a voice interrupted me "And so it is we are best of friends and we will always stay that way" we both looked up, Yesenia was standing there with her mother Aisha and sister Crystal behind her. She smiled at me. I didn't know how fast I had to stand up. Then I looked better at her "Yesenia you are beautiful, if I may say this you look like are princess." The beautiful girl in front of made me nervous again. So nervous that I bowed for her. I see the strange looks at Aisha and Abdul's face. Crystal only smiled she understood. "Well thank you so much, you look like a prince." I walk to her and we hugged. "Yesenia watch him, if Jasmine sees him she will run away with him. And Merkal watch her it won't surprise me of Aladdin let Jasmine standing there and runs away with my sister" Crystal joked it broke the ice everybody laughed. I noticed that I didn't feel so nervous anymore. We all sat down to talk and drink before Yesenia and I had to leave. She sat next to me she seems very happy, but not only because the princess got married or she could go to the wedding there was something else. What I didn't know. "Look at the time, you two have to go know." Aisha said. Yesenia agreed and stood up. "One moment Merkal I have to do something, if you want you can wait outside. Okay I will but hurry" I said good bye to her parents and Crystal. "You have a great time my friend, I know you will with Yesenia next to you." I walk outside. Looking up at the sky it was as blue as it could be. I hear a beautiful melody coming out of one of the alleys. But before I could find out where Yesenia already walked to me. "Ready?" I asked her she nod "Ready, lets go" she took my arm and slowly we walked to the palace. While we walked, we began to talk. "Merkal you seem a little nervous, can I help?" I look to her. "I wish you didn't noticed, but yes I am nervous. I think it is just because my good friend is going to marry. You around me helped me forget that. But you are also different today, not nervous at all but happy. I even hear you whistle a melody; it sounded familiar but didn't ring a bell. What was it?" even when I was talking to her she began to whistle the melody. "I know my presence is very positive for people, my family felt that but with you this gift of happiness goes even further. It isn't my magic powers I know that. That melody?" she looked me with a different look, how do you say that? Pure friendship. "Yes that melody" she nods as she understood. "I learned that from my music teacher Sayid, he said it was a song of lovers. I thought it was appropriate for the situation. He called it A Whole New World."

I nod in understandment. "My mother told that my father sang me a lullaby song. He had learned it from his grandfather. I have to ask my mother for the lyrics and the music. I could ask Crystal to play it for me since she is so good on the flute." We stopped to let a caravan pass way that looked that it was on his way to the palace. "She would be more then happy to do so, her magic seems to develop more into harmony. What was the name of that song?" The caravan had passed by. We continued our way, we where already near to the palace it domes where reflecting the sun as it had did for many years. My grandfather told me that he had his father had help building it. "The name? I cannot remember it very clear but it had something to do with a night. An Arabian night I think. I only know a few lines" I began to sing I don't have a singing voice but these lines came out of my mouth very well. Yesenia seems to think so because she stopped to listen. "Arabian nights Like Arabian days More often than not Are hotter than hot In a lot of good ways" the song ended. Yesenia smiled "That sounded wonderful, my friend" she hugged me "Where was that for?" she let me go "Just because you are my friend" Shortly after that, we arrived at the palace gates. "Hold, you inventions first!" Razoul blocked the entrance. I gave him our invention. He studied it carefully looking to it then to back and us again. "You are Merkal?" I sigh. "What do you think? And this Yesenia." I gesture to her she was still standing next to me and seem to become a little inpatient. "So do you let us pass or do we have to get Princess Jasmine?" she said. That moment I saw another guard walking to us. "Let them pass Razoul, I just had a talk with the Sultan and they are special guests. But he is a streetrat" Razoul defended his statement not to let us in. "The Sultan don't care if he is an streetrat or a prince. The Princess had put him on the invention list and he has his invention with him." Yesenia followed the discussion; she defended me by saying "Streetrat? He is an honest merchant for many years now." Razoul said something I didn't understand but he let us pass. I smirk at him and again with Yesenia on my arm we walked trough the front garden of palace. "What a beautiful garden" Yesenia says while gazing at the flowers and trees around the path. "Yes it is." We walked into the wedding chapel I gave a servant my invention he pointed us to the spot where we must stand. We look around the beautiful chapel. "You know Merkal, if I am going to marry I want a chapel just as beautiful as this one. " Surprised that she began about her own wedding I didn't know what to say, there was a big chance that she would mention what I am afraid of. "Uh you will" she looked at me. She looks so happy, if I didn't know better I would have thought that she is going marry with Aladdin instead of Jasmine.

The music starts and the Sultan on a throne came trough to door. Shortly after him Aladdin and Genie enters, I feel that Yesenia squeezes my hand very hard. Aladdin looks around and sees us he nods Yesenia was about to wave but I stopped her just in time. "Why do you stop me?" she asks me her voice was shaking. 'Because you don't want to interrupt his wedding, " It was the only thing I could think of to say, I don't know why I stopped her. "You are just jealous" she turned her back to me and with folded arms. O great now I made her mad on me, well I make it up to her after the wedding. Then Jasmine entered, I swallowed I seen her before and I always thought she was beautiful but I underestimated her beauty. I am happy for her. I noticed Yesenia again she stood still with her back to me but she seems not mad anymore more relaxed. I do a few steps to her and I put a hand on her shoulder. "I am sorry, my friend" and gave her a smile. Glad that she smiled back I put my arm around her shoulders and we watched the two lovers about to say yes. Then a loud noise interrupts the ceremony; an elephant rammed through the walls of the building shaking it on his foundation. "Problems!" I sigh.

Three or four other elephants rumbled trough the chapel followed by a few dozen thieves. "Just when things became interesting some one ruins the party" I hear my friend say. I don't have a weapon with me so soon I was backed up in a corner. The wedding guests are robed from their money and jewelry. Aladdin and Jasmine start to fight along with Genie who already blew some thieves away with an elephant. I was about to be hit by a sword when the thief was blast away by something, Yesenia was standing in front of me her fist still pointing at the direction where the thief had stand. "Let that be a lesson for you, stay away from my friends or you will regret it!" still pointing with her arm at me I took it and put it down. "Now you don't want to hit your best friend do you?" I said to her in a comic way she laughs and made a sword appear in the air. "Here use this you will need it" before I could thank her we where attacked again. I blocked the thief that had sneaked behind Yesenia while she blasts some thieves away that where about to cut me in pieces. "I don't know if I said this before but we are a great team." I tried to say while we continued holding the thieves off. Aladdin had gone after a masked thief who appeared to be the leader. Jasmine knocked one or two down. Genie tried to hold the chapel on his place but it was useless the chapel collapsed all three of us could jump away in time. A huge cloud of dust took our sight away for a few seconds. I helped Jasmine and Yesenia up to their feet. "Thank you Merkal, did you see Aladdin somewhere?" the princess looked around worried. For a moment, I didn't pay attention at Yesenia so I didn't saw her walking next to Aladdin to us. "Jasmine" she turned around and ran to her soon to be husband. I walked to Yesenia. We gave each other a smile. "Are you both okay?" I asked my two friends. The nod "So Merkal who is your friend?" the parrot flies in and lands on my shoulder. "Hi Iago this is Yesenia my best friend" the rest of Aladdin's friends came to us to meet Yesenia too. "Hello all of you, I am delighted to meet you." I saw a blue dog walking around Yesenia and me. "Say what is this" Yesenia said to Aladdin pointing at the dog at her feet. "That is Genie" Jasmine said. "Yep I am Genie, and you my dear have magic I can smell it." the genie said. Yesenia was getting a little nervous I knew she don't like that people discover her magic powers before she got a chance to tell them. I put my arm around her to help her unbend. "Yes I have magic but I only use it for good." Genie turns again to normal. "Well I am happy to meet someone who uses magic for a good cause. We know way too many people who using dark magic. Right Al?" Aladdin nods with a serious look on his face. "Yes to much people let's see Mozenrath lord of the black sands, Mirage, Abis-Mal and so a few more." Abis-Mal does he bother them too? I question myself "We have meet Abis-Mal a couple of times, he is not a real treat but he bugged us too many times remember the time when he kidnapped my mother?" I say looking at my best friend who nods and sighs. "O how did it end?" Jasmine asked Yesenia. "He freed her and taught him a lesson. Unfortunately he didn't give up and tried to hurt Merkal a couple of times more." Then a guard came to us. "Princess if I may interrupted, the servants and the other personnel are all save a few are wounded by flying debris but not very much they all will recover. What should we do next?" I saw the sad expression on the Princess her face, poor girl the day of her life ruined by some stupid thieves. Aladdin holds her to comfort her. "Start clearing the debris we think what to do next later." Aladdin said to the guard. "Al I am going to help them. Piece of cake" Genie leaves our party the parrot still sitting on my shoulder says "So how good is your best friend?" both Yesenia and I look at him. "What do you mean?" he rolls his eyes took a deep breath and begins. "Well those two there are best friends too and they should been married by now if it wasn't for those forty thieves." he gestures to the two lovers. "Iago!" Aladdin warns him but he was to late Iago had ask the question already "Do you love each other as in more then friends?" O great we are getting personal here, how do I handle this to keep him happy and still don't answer the question I thought. Yesenia was quicker with an answer 'That is not of your business" why didn't I think of that? "Uh yes she is right. That is not of your business!" Abu smashes him from my shoulder and Jasmine apologizes for his behavior. "Well we let you alone now, you always can ask for my help." I say to Aladdin Yesenia backs me up by saying "That counts for me too, if you ever need my help with something just ask." We say goodbye and leave the palace.

On our way back to Yesenia's home we talked about Aladdin and Jasmine and what just happened. "It is so sad that they didn't marry. If I find this leader, he will regret it. This makes me mad you know?" My friend says to me. "Yes that wasn't nice of them to barge in. To say it nice" I noticed that her dress was damaged and she was dirty I look at down at my suit. It was dirty and slightly damaged. "I think it is better to go first to my place and clean up our selves a little. I already see the strange look of your father's face when I bring you home like this. "What do you mean?" we passed a mirror shop and she looks in a mirror. "I see what you mean, I am a mess. But I don't have clothes to change me." I look at her and think for a moment. "Let's go to my place I change and buy you a dress while you stay at my place." She nods "good plan". We walked back to my home quickly I washed and changed myself while Yesenia was at the look out for my mother who wasn't home probably shopping or something like that. "I am ready meanwhile you could wash your self to towels are in the bathroom." I left to buy her a nice dress. Soon I arrived at the market place and walked to one of the stalls that sold clothes. "Hello Merkal, weren't you at the princess wedding? Yes I were but some thieves barged in and ruined the wedding." The merchant nods he seems to understand it. "Yes I heard, but I thought you where still there." I shake my head "As you see I am here, but I am in a hurry I need a dress from you. A dress?" the merchant says unbelievable. "It is a present for a friend of mine, ah I see. Here are some nice dresses." I look at them. None of them comes even close to the one she was wearing now. I bought a nice dress paid the man and left as soon as I could.

Soon I was back at my home; Yesenia was waiting for me. She had washed herself but still had the damaged dress on. "Here you are, it was the best I could find so soon. Thank you, it is not as pretty as the one I am wearing but it is good enough for the moment." She goes into the bathroom to change dress. Then I realize we hadn't eaten for hours. She must be hungry I was. "Yesenia are you hungry?!" is called trough the door. "You don't have to scream I can hear you very good." She joked when she came out of the room a second after I called her. "Yes I am a little hungry, I would like to have a sandwich do you have any." I nod walked to the kitchen to make two sandwiches. I gave her a plate with her sandwich and a glass of milk. We sat down at the table and ate in complete silence. Together we cleaned the plates and glass. "Hey Merkal you know I was thinking, maybe we can find those thieves." I looked up. "And if we find them? We are only two and they are with forty. They will cut us in pieces before we can do anything. It is too dangerous." I said on a wise, warning tone. "You are forgetting that danger my middle name is and I have some magic after the hand." She raises her hand and it begins to glow. Although I seen it many times it scared me again. "And your parents then? They expect you back in a few hours safe and happy." She sighs. "Loosen up Merkal, we could warn Crystal maybe she will join us." Loosen up? Me? What does she mean? Am I getting old? I question myself. Knowing that she would find those thieves with or without me. And to keep her out of trouble I decide to come along with her by saying, "Fine, as you wish". Glad that she convinced me she hugs me. "Thank you I knew I could count on my best friend. Fine, fine let's get Crystal and find those thieves. If we find we call for backup from the Royal Army understood" I raise my finger as a warning. Not impressed by it she nods. We leave the house and walk to her place. Ten minutes later we arrive at it. Everything seems to be quiet. Then she begins to whistle that song again. Even sang a line "A Whole New World. A dazzling place I never knew." A look from her says me that she happy and exited once more. I saw that tense look before in our last adventure some months ago.

Abis-Mal was, as always looking for away to throw over the Sultan. Aladdin and friends where at that time busy with another problem. Crystal found it out and the three of us had to do something before Mal had succeeded. This time we where more careful in what we where doing. Our first encounter had almost cost the lives of our family. Lucky for us Mal was stupid, as he always had been. We defeated him without being hurt. I was draw back to reality by a hand on his shoulder. Looking from whom the hand was I saw Crystal standing next to Yesenia whose hand I was feeling. "Hello Crystal, I was lost in my thoughts." Looking my good friend. I took the hand of Yesenia. "Nothing to worry as I said was lost in my thoughts. Back to the order of the day" I let go of my best friend her hand, she smiled at me. "Good before we get mushy here, let's find the forty thieves." Crystal broke my thoughts about her sister. I sigh "Good okay, let's find them any ideas how?" We began to walk away from the house not to be found by their parents. "Maybe my magic can help." Crystal nods "Can you do that?" I ask her knowing that she would find away so that she could use her powers for good. She had done that as long as I know her. "Watch me" she said in a nice way she makes a gesture with her hand over the ground and the footsteps of horses lighted up. "Cool, never saw you do that. Let's follow them carefully". The footsteps lead us to a place called Skull and Dagger, the former hangout of Abis-Mal. He was thrown out because every time he was there Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu, Carpet, the big blue Genie and Iago came along kicked his butt made a mess of the place leaving the poor thief behind to explain the mess to the owner. A huge, strong thief with a very bad mood. He listens to the name. I encountered the thieves there years ago when I had just met Yesenia and Crystal. "You two stay here" I said to the two girls. Yesenia wanted to protest but I covered her mouth with my hand. "I know I will be careful, be back soon." I sneaked closer to the place looked trough a window saw a couple of thieves sitting very close to the window I ducked not to be seen by them. Carefully I peaked over the edge of the window. The thieves where sitting with their back at me listing to a man with a sort of claw standing in the middle of the room. I east dropped at them "Good work men, although we don't have what we came for. We still have roped that silly Sultan and his daughter. To bad, we had to fight against a genie. Yes and there was a girl with some magic too. If I have get her she will regret it" a man with one eye said while he was sharpen a big sword. Yesenia! I thought. "Calm down man, you will get your revenge later. Now let's head back to our hide out." Just when I was about to return to my two friends, I heard a male voice behind me. "Hey you! What are you doing" oops too late. I felt a hand grabbing me in my neck; the grip was so strong that I thought he would break my neck. He dragged me inside. "Look what I found a spy" he drawn his sword and held it to my throat. "never mind I take care of him now" just before he took me outside a man with a beard walked. "No wait, remember we don't hurt innocent people" the man was too late. The thief dragged me outside to the back of the building he smashed me very hard to the ground I staid down trying to get air and recovering from the smash. He drawn his sword "Die spy" the sword came down and everything went black.

I heard voices in the distance. A voice "Is he call doctor hurry" Silence again, then a feeling. My arm hurts. A Voice again and an another feeling this time a touch, something soft on my arm. I tried to open my eyes, light and a shape, a face, a smile. Everything went dark again. I woke again. A room looks familiar somewhere there was not much light. I felt a blanket over my body. I looked around saw someone in a corner of the room. My sight was still a little vague but I recognized the woman sitting there immediately. "Yesenia" I called to the woman sitting there. She came to me "Finally you are awake" she smiled at me holding my hand. "What happened, where am I what are you doing here?" she sat next to my bed. "You are home my friend, you are at the house of your mother. We all where very concerned about you, you lost much blood. I was just too late to help you. I blasted that thief to the other end of the desert but he still hit your arm." I looked at my arm my upper arm was bandaged. "The doctor said you will be okay in a few days but you have to stay in bed." She almost cried. I gave her a weak smile. "You where the whole time here?" She stepped away to get me a glass of water. I saw her dress was covered with blood. She gave me my glass "It is your blood, I hold the pressure on it. But your mother is waiting outside and wants to talk with you. Is that okay?" I closed my eyes just before I fell to sleep I heard her voice "I understand, I tell your mother that you are okay. Sleep now" I fell a kiss on my forehead and fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up by Crystal's voice. "Hey Merkal please wake up" I opened my eyes and look at her she was smiling very happy at me. "Glad to have you back. We all where very concerned about you. How is your arm still hurting?" I tried to sit up straight but was still weak. I took a deep breath "Hi Crystal, I think it is better now but I am still weak." She sat next to my bed. "You know Merkal, I think Yesenia was the most concerned about you of us all. She revues to leave you while you were sleeping. You slept for two days you know. We send her home to my parents to sleep and rest, she will be back in a few hours." Wow, she is really a good friend to me. Glad I have her as my friend. My best friend, I smiled while thinking of it. "Hey why are you smiling, happy thoughts?" the girl asked me. I nod. "Yes happy memories of a friend that does so much for me." Crystal stood up and looked a little offended. "And me? I am your friend too, a good friend. Yes Crystal you are a good friend to me too but your sister has something special. I can't describe it to you." She sits down again. "I understand was just kidding." I tried to laugh but my arm hurts "ouch" I grab my arm and let it rest on the bed. "I am sorry, I won't make you laugh anymore. It isn't your fault Crystal, glad you make me laugh and forget about my arm." We talked for an hour or so, then to doctor and a nurse came in to check on my arm. Crystal was waiting outside. "So doc, will I life?" I joked. The man was looking very serious. "Merkal that isn't funny, you where lucky that your friend was in time to help you. I saw the sword it was very sharp and could have killed you with ease." The nurse checked my temperature and blood pressure. "Good Merkal, you are a strong young man. You will be recovered soon. I cannot give you an exact date or time but keep it at a day or six. I come back tomorrow again. Should we call your friend again?" I thought for a few seconds. "Yes let her come in again, I have something to ask her." The doctor nods and he and the nurse left the room.

Crystal came in, accompanied by her parents. "Hello Merkal, how are you? We heard from Yesenia that it was very close." Abdul said. I sigh moved myself some to let Crystal give me a pillow. Sat back again up straight careful that I didn't move my arm. "Yes it was close but thanks to your daughter who reacts so fast I am still here." I look at Crystal. "And Crystal off course to get help so fast. I am very grateful to you and Yesenia." Abdul and Aisha looked at each other smiling that this young man was so fond of their children. "Merkal we are very grateful to you too." With a surprised look on my face, I asked Aisha. "Why?" The woman smiled and came closer sat down on a chair near my bed. "Why, because you are such a good friend to my daughters. If it wasn't for you I don't know what would have come from the too. " Someone knocked on the door of my room. "Enter" I said. The door went open and Yesenia walked in. "I see my whole family is here already, well well. Hi my friend do you feel better now?" Yesenia walked to me gave a gently a hug not move my arm and stepped back next to her father and sister. "Yes I feel better, even more now that you are here. Wow the whole family is here. It is a little crowed but please stay." Abdul went outside to the hallway to get some more chairs for him and his daughters. Yesenia sat at one side of my bed her mother on the other, Crystal, and Abdul at the foot-end of my bed. The conversation between their parents and me begun at that day I had meet the two girls years ago in an alley. At some point, we came at the wedding of Aladdin and the Princess again. "It is so sad that their wedding is ruined, Yesenia you really looked like a princess then." Her mother said to her oldest daughter. "Thank you mom, it is so sad that their wedding was ruined. Say Crystal did you told the guards that the forty thieves where inside that place?" Her younger sister thought for a moment. "Yes I did, don't know what they did with that information." Then suddenly a blue smoke came out of nowhere. I could not see anything. When the smoke was cleared, up I saw an old friend of mine. "Yo Merkal boy, Aladdin send me to check on you. How are you my friend? " I saw the amazed look on some faces. "Hallo Genie, I am getting better. People this is Genie. He is the best friend of Aladdin. Genie this Yesenia's family." Crystal, Aisha and Abdul where staring at Genie. "What are you staring at? Do I have something between my teeth?" Genie made a mirror appear and looked at it. "No nothing, hey hallo Yesenia. You look still very beautiful. This must be the little Crystal right?" Yesenia hugged the big blue genie while Crystal over walked to me and whispered. "You know a genie? Why did you never told me that?" I gave her a smile. "You never asked, I know him and Aladdin for some time now. He is very friendly but can be rough and to funny sometimes. Meanwhile Genie shook hands with Abdul and Aisha. "So these are your parents Yesenia? It is a pleasure to meet you both. I am Genie a friend of Merkal here. But you already know that did you?" the two adults nod. Genie came over to me. Gave me a hand and said. "Glad to hear you are better, Aladdin and Jasmine where very worried about your health. Even more when they heard why you where wounded. By the way, Aladdin found out that his father is with those forty thieves. He is after him with Carpet, Iago and Abu. Jasmine stayed behind and I stood here to support her. To bad that you can't talk with her she needs a friend right now." I listened carefully and with full, attention he whole time Genie was speaking. After he was finish I took a deep breath and begun. "So his father is with them? I hope he finds him and brings him back soon. I am so sorry that I cannot go to the Princess. But maybe I have a solution." Everyone in the room was listing to me. "Maybe Jasmine would like to talk with my best friend and her sister." I look from Genie to Yesenia and Crystal who where standing at the end of my bed. "That is a good idea Merkal, that is if mom and dad has no problem with it and Jasmine wants it." Crystal said smiling and nods. "Sure the Princess would love to know your friends, Yesenia she said that you are a nice young woman. She hoped that she would meet you again someday." Genie said, Abdul took the word from the big blue genie. "We have no problem at all, we would be honored if our daughters can talk with the Princess." My eyes where getting heavy and I yawn. Aisha stood up. "You must be tired Merkal, we shall go now. Abdul, Crystal, Yesenia we must go now. Genie if you ask the Princess when Yesenia and Crystal could visit her. Here is our address." She gave Genie a note, and Crystal and Abdul already had left the room. "All right madam, I ask Jasmine. She would be delighted to meet your daughters. Merkal my friend, rest now I come and visit you tomorrow maybe I bring Jasmine along with me." I nod. Poof and Genie was gone. "Mom, if you don't mind I stay with Merkal for a few more minutes. Good dear, but don't make it to long. He needs his sleep I see you at home." Aisha left the room and closed the door behind her. Getting sleepier with the minute, I look at my best friend. "Is their something wrong Yesenia?" she looks serious. "I don't know Merkal, I need your advice before you go to sleep."

She sighs and begins "I have a feeling that Aladdin need your help, should I ask Jasmine for permission to go after him? Or should I just go and find him?" Only half listing, I was distracted by what Genie said about searching his father. It reminded at the loss of my own father when I was only a little boy. He was a great merchant and a friendly man, always ready to help ready to help people. That was mom told me. "Merkal are you listing? Huh what? I was thinking back of my own father." My eyes gone up again to her, she nods almost if she understood. "I am lucky that I still have a father that loves me very much, I love him. You never told me so much about your father. What sort of a man was he?" I lay my head down and close my eyes. I hear that Yesenia sits down on the chair next to my bed. "You would have liked him very much, mother told me that I look much like him. She met him when she was your age, a little older. My dad was at that time 21; they fell in love with each other about one and a half years after they had meet. He was a very kind man, a great merchant but an even better husband and father. But now I really have to catch some sleep." I open my eyes again, Yesenia already stood by the door. "Yes my friend you need your sleep, I will ask Jasmine what thinks of my plan. I speak with you soon. Now goodnight" Before I could say anything she was already outside. She looked at me one more time smiled and closed the door. I close my eyes again, thinking what my father would have thought about her. He would have liked her very much. I fell to sleep. An hour later I woke up again, it was now at the end of the afternoon, I could hear the life outside this room. People where talking, noise of moving cars and walking animals. There was a breeze, since the window was open a little I could feel in the wind. It had something magical with it. "Well what must I do now? There won't be any more visitors today. O yes Yesenia asked me if she would go after Aladdin. I have some time to think that over mow." I was saying to myself. "Let's think, if Aladdin indeed finds his father there and the thieves would make trouble he need all the help he can get. Carpet is fast but Iago and Abu aren't any help. Especially Iago, he would probably blow Aladdin's cover. So yes, it is a good idea to go after him. Allah, what if my friends become good friends with Jasmine. They are about the same age, only Crystal is a little younger. I think Jasmine and Yesenia could be very good friends." I feel that I was getting hungry. "I hope that there will be dinner soon, I am starving." I was lucky about half an hour later dinner is served by my mother. "Here you are my son, I made dinner. You have to eat well; the sooner you will be up and can take Yesenia on a date. Oops sorry I didn't want to say that." She saw my offended look "Mom, how many times do I have to tell you that Yesenia is my best friend not my girl friend." I say to her a little tired that she was trying to match us for weeks now. She already convinced me to take her to the wedding. "But you would make such a cute couple, and Aisha things so two." She tries to defend her statement. "Aisha had give Yesenia some hits that she must go out with you more often. I was there, only she didn't understood it or was very good in hiding it. Only don't know what Abdul thinks of, you know Merkal he sees you like the son he never head." Mom smiles while saying those last few words. "Now eat my son and think of what I said." She said goodbye and left. While eating dinner I was thinking of that. "Yesenia is a great girl, but I can't date her. That would ruin our friendship. Would it?" After an hour mother came to get the plate and cutlery. "Did you enjoy it? Yes mother it was a wonderful meal. I think I will go to sleep now." Mom left after she made sure I laying comfortable. It must be around eight, I hear how the people are going home after a long day of hard work. "It is a good thing Fazaal took over the stall for a while. Maybe after this wedding thing I can go back to work, I will repay him for his work." I sigh rest my head on the soft pillow and fell to sleep.

The next few days where peace full so I could rest a lot, feeling better with the day. Off course I got many visits. Yesenia and Crystal came everyday, they staid for a couple of hours. Yesenia never mentioned her plan she was different somehow. I didn't ask her about it, Crystal was very nice to me helped me a lot. The doctor was more positive about my recovery everyday. "Merkal you are my best patient I ever had," he said the third day after the attack. The only one I missed was my friend and pet Rafeek. Five days after my attack the doctor came in with a big smile on his face. "Good news doc?" I asked the man, the doctor was an old man he must have been in his late fifties. He was an old friend of my dad. "You will really like this news, I talked with some other doctors and they agreed with me that you may leave this room by tonight." I sat straight up in my bed. That was the best news I heard all week. "You are sure doctor" I asked the man on a very serious tone. "Yes I am sure, but we most take it easy for a week." I nod, glad that I finally could get out of the boring room. "And you may not start working for at least a month" I thanked the doctor very much and asked him to get my mother. He left and a minute or two later my mother and a second person walked in. "Mom I have great news, I may leave this room. I am only waiting for the papers." My mother hugged me. "It was about time my son, how is your arm then? I doesn't hurt anymore, it is still a little weak that's why I think I may not get to work for at least one month." Then I saw the figure standing at the door. Mother said. "Isn't that great Yesenia? Your friend is recovered again." I looked better. "Yesenia? I didn't recognize you. Why those strange clothes?" I climbed out of my bed and walked over to her. I gave her a hug. "It is all thanks to you my best friend that I am still alive. Now about those clothes. They are very different, but you look very nice in them." She hugged me back. "Thank you my friend, it is so great that you can leave this place. If you feel for it shall Crystal and I take you on a walk or a horse ride? Fresh air would do you good; you look a little pale. O and Aladdin is back, he found his father. If everything goes right he and Jasmine will take another try in two days. And guess what, Jasmine invited Crystal and I personally. I will tell you more about that tomorrow." Suddenly she looked very happy again. Mother left she staid to help me getting ready.

The day passes by soon, I got the papers a little afternoon. Crystal had come to. "Merkal that is terrific news. Hey sis how about inviting Merkal and his mother for dinner at our home?" Crystal asked her sister, I was sitting on a chair near the window. "Agrabah looks beautiful today don't you think?" The sisters walked to me and watched the view of the city blinking in the sunshine. "Yes the view is so great." Both girls said at the same time. They giggled. "It is great to see those buildings again, and yes I really would like to take a walk trough Agrabah tomorrow. I think my mother would love to have dinner at your place." Yesenia nods still looking at out of the window. "Yes that is a great idea Crystal. Merkal you are and your mother are always welcome at our place just that you know." I stood up and hugged the sisters. "Thank you both you are great friends to me." They smiled and hugged back.
Then Aadab came walking in. "Hi Mom, guess what. We are invited by Yesenia and Crystal to have dinner at their place tonight." My mother walks over to where the sisters and I where standing. "That is very nice of you, we will be there." We all walked out of the room, mom got the kitchen to make some sandwiches for us. The girls and I gone outside. We sat on the bench in front of the house, he smell the fresh air again. "It is so good to be out of that boring room." Aadab brought us the sandwiches, the girls and I stayed sitting outside for another hour. Then they left to prepare dinner with their mom, I stood up and walked to the stable where Rafeek still was standing. The camel was very happy to see he almost walked me over, I sat on a bale of hey petting the camel on his back and giving him a treat. "I missed you my friend, I was sick for the whole week. I got injured in a fight with one of the forty thieves, Yesenia and Crystal saved my life." The camel looked up when I said the word "sick". "Don't worry pal everything is fine now."
Then I heard something flying over it crashed through roof into the hey next me. Rafeek freighted by it jumped up and started running to the door. I could stop him and calm him down just in time. I dig in the hey. "Iago? What are you doing here?" I said when I found the parrot, who seemed to be tired. Catching his breath "I - Cassim --- thieves. Help!!" he screamed. "Easy Iago, from the start. Who is Cassim and what has he to do with thieves?" Iago swallowed. "Cassim is the leader of the forty thieves, and Aladdin's father. He and I where captured by some the remaining thieves. That is a long story, I need to go to Aladdin his father needs him." Shocked by the news I said, "So Aladdin found is father who is the king of thieves who ruined his wedding but is now captured by his own gang? Boy, I missed a lot this last week. Good Iago fly to Aladdin, I inform Yesenia and Crystal and already go ahead to free the man." Iago nods. "Thank you Merkal, just go to the coast you should see a boat near it. There is Cassim. Good luck." Iago takes off and flies toward to palace.

"Rafeek my pal, we have a job to do" I jump on the camel riding to Yesenia 's place to call the help of my friends. I pass the marketplace and inform Fazaal about my recovery and to ask him to watch over the stall for a little while. "I understand cousin hurry up now. I will stay here for a while." Rafeek continued his way, a minute of ten later I arrived. Storming in the house, I call Yesenia's name. "Yesenia, Yesenia!" she comes out of the kitchen her sister and mother right behind her. "Merkal what are you doing here? What's wrong?" Before I could say anything I feel my arm again, totally forgot that the doctor said that I must took is slow. "Ouch, Aladdin needs our help. I explain later. I climb on one of the horses of Yesenia's family Yesenia and Crystal got on their own and we rode as fast as we could to the coast. We passed the city gates soon.

"The leader of the forty thieves is Aladdin's father. His name is Cassim, more I don' know either. I heard from Iago. He is back to the palace to tell Aladdin and Jasmine about it. So they will join us on Carpet soon." I put Bassel, the horse I may use from time to time in higher gear. "Yesenia can't you make them faster with your magic?" Crystal asked because I was in a terrible hurry. "I don't know I could try." I didn't see what she did but suddenly Bassel was floating above the ground. "Wow, flying horses" I said. "Didn't know I could do that." Yesenia said. The horses where much faster now and it wasn't long before we reached to cost line, it was getting dark already. The horses landed on the edge of a cliff, where the sand was merging with solid rock.

"Can you see them?" Crystal asked. I put my hand above my eyes narrowed my sight. "No I don't see them, yes there they are left of that cliff." I pointed to a cliff what was far away and sticking deep into the ocean. "I seem them too, come on we got to help that man." The horses took off. Then I hear something behind me, it where Aladdin and Jasmine on Carpet along with the rest of their friends, Genie, Iago and Abu. "Hey Merkal, Yesenia and Crystal. Thank you for your help but we take it over from here." Aladdin said while flying closer. Carpet and our horses landed Aladdin, friends stepped of off Carpet, and we climbed from our horses.
Jasmine walked to my best friend and her sister they begun to talk, I didn't hear what about but it seems they are friends now. I walked to Aladdin who was standing on the edge of the cliff looking over the water. He seems to be worried. "You are afraid that they hurt your father do you?" The young man only nod. "I understand, then you must go now friend. I and the girls will go back to Agrabah." We shook hands and I walked away. "Crystal, Yesenia we go back to Agrabah, Aladdin has to do this on his own." I looked at Jasmine "and with the help of his closed friends and soon to be wife." She smiled at me. The girls said goodbye to the Princess and climbed on their horses. Yesenia made them normal again. Aladdin and friends waved us goodbye while our horse's head back to the city.

I look over my shoulder and saw how Carpet flies down to the ocean. I turn my gaze back to the sand thinking. Good luck friend. All the way back to Agrabah we said nothing to each other, out thoughts where with our friends. It was dark when we rode through the city gates that just where closing. We slow down not to wake up the people. "It will take them the whole night before they reach the ship. I just hope that they are not to late." Yesenia said when we arrived at her the home of her and her sister. Aadab, Aisha and Abdul came out of the house. "Yesenia, where have you been?" Abdul said with a severe tone in his voice. "I thought you three where going for a horse ride tomorrow?" he asked. The young woman smiled at her father. "Don't worry dad we are okay, Merkal's arm hurts a little but nothing serious. Where we where? We where helping Aladdin and his friends to free Cassim, Aladdin's dad. Now let's go inside and we tell you all about it." We walked inside the house. We had a late dinner.

The next morning I woke up early washed my self and got into my daily clothes. There was a knock on the door it was Yesenia. "Good morning" I said happy to see her. She looked a little sad. "What is wrong?" I asked letting her in. She walked to a chair and sat down. I grabbed a chair and set down opposite to her. "It is Crystal she is sick this morning, she as a cold so she can't be with us today." My good mood turned around into a sad one. "It isn't to serious I hope? No it isn't but I am a little sad today" I take her hand. "I understand my friend, come we visit her and stay with you the rest of the day, I think I can let you forget her for a short while." A tiny smile came on her face. "Good you are smiling again." We walked over to her house, Crystal was indeed a little sick." Don't worry about me, I be fine in a few days. Merkal take her with you and let her forget me for a while." I nod kisses her on her forehead and dragged Yesenia along with me. We had a fun day together, a day we hadn't had in a while. We both where to serious the last weeks. When we came home at my place Aisha was waiting for us. "Hi mom, something the matter. Is Crystal all right?" She asked her mother looking concerned again about her younger sister. "Crystal is getting better already. The doctor came along and he said she would be fine in a day or three. But I have great news for you, here." She gave Yesenia a paper, curious as I was I asked her. "What is it?" She smiled and laughed, begins to dance around grabbing me and dancing around the room. "Slow down Yesenia what is it" she stopped and let me go. "Guess what, this is a personal invention for Jasmine, she and Aladdin are going to marry in 2 days. And Crystal and I are invited. Along with you." I smiled. "Wow that is great, not you are not only me date but invited as well, come we tell Crystal the good news." We both ran out of the door, we didn't do that for years. Only stopped when we where at Yesenia's place. Our happiness was over soon when we heard that Crystal could not come, the doctor wasn't sure if she was healthy enough by that time.

Those 2 days where very slow, we both where very nervous although it wasn't the first time we go to a wedding, Crystal was getting better already but still not enough to go with us. The ceremony was at sunset, a very romantic time Aisha said. That morning I was more nervous I put another suit on. "Merkal you now look even more handsome then in your first suit" Aadab said. Those words made we feel a little more comfortable. I look in the mirror, thinking yes I look handsome don't I? Remembering the last time, someone said that I look like a prince. My best friend said that to me "you look like a prince." Smiling I walked down and got on my way to pick up my date. As always I was there soon, Yesenia was waiting for me already outside. She stood up walked over to me and hugged me. I hugged her back, when she did a step back I looked at her. More beautiful then ever I said. "I am so proud to take you to this wedding, I have to watch you very close before some prince take you with him thinking you are a princess waiting for her prince to come." She laughed and hugged me again. "Thank you Merkal, thank you." Now there was no ice to break, we where very comfortable with each other. I said hi to Aisha and Abdul, and happy to see Crystal out of bed I talked with her. "Merkal, it is that Yesenia is your date but I would be honored if you had took. If you have a few minutes I dress and came along. Sorry sis you just have to find you another man." Crystal joked. We laughed and I hugged her. "Thanks friend, but if you don't mind I prefer to take you sister." She nods. "I understand, have a great night you two. I want to hear everything about it in the morning." We laughed and started on our way to the palace again, the same way as we did more then a week before but this time a little faster. Soon we where at the palace, the guards let us pass trough this time. Yesenia wanted to talk to Jasmine before she got married; I had no problem with it and walked already to the room where it all had to happen. Suddenly hearing a very familiar melody coming from a room, I peaked inside Aladdin was there with Genie. He was humming the same song Yesenia had sang. "Hey Aladdin, may I come in? Sure Merkal, I am so happy you know. In a few minutes I am going to marry the woman I love." I nod, not really knowing his feeling since I didn't find my true love yet. "I think I know what you mean. Don't worry Merkal, you will find you true love eventually." I sigh. "Maybe I will. Now I only want to wish you all the happiness in the world." I leave him alone with Genie to meet Yesenia again we was standing at the door of the wedding chapel. "I talked with Jasmine, she is so happy." A big smile came from her face. "Aladdin is so happy too. Now come along we need to go to our places. Then the two lovebirds entered. The ceremony was short but very romantic. We meet another friend of Aladdin and Jasmine, Sadira a very nice girl about Jasmine's age.

The new wed couple left for their honeymoon. Yesenia and I waved them out. "They are the happiest people on this earth," I say. Yesenia agrees with me. We take a short walk though the palace garden. "I think we must head for home now, there isn't much we can do here anymore." She stops me. "I have a better idea, just sit down on a bench here and look at the night sky." A little surprised that she would do that with me I sit down next to her. "It such a romantic evening" I am getting nervous again. "Yes it is a nice evening." I look up at the night sky suddenly I feel her head resting on my shoulder. I look down at her; she sleeps with a smile on her face. I smile, and put my arm around her to keep her from slipping. "Sleep well, my friend you deserve it." I whisper noticing that it was a nice feeling her leaning against me thinking that I wouldn't mind if she would do that more often. I sigh making sure she wouldn't slip from the bench. "We are friends forever" I said blinking smiling up at the stars. After about an hour she woke up. "Hello, had a good sleep?" I ask her. She sits up not knowing what happened. "You fell asleep on my shoulder. But I don't mind." She nods smiling "Sorry I am more tired then a thought." I smile at her placing a hand on her shoulder "Don't apologize I am your friend and I am there for you when you need me." We talked for a few more minutes and then left for home. We arrived there soon. We hugged tightly "Thank you Merkal for such a great evening, you are truly my best friend." A gesture of my head told her that I also thanked her but I still said it "I thank you Yesenia." I got silent for a few seconds swallowing I say "maybe... maybe we can do this again another time, having a date I mean. Getting away from everything to relax" I tried to give her a reason why I asked it. She smiles again "I would like that very much Merkal. Just the two us as best friends" In response I kiss her on the cheek hoping I wouldn't go to far she didn't step away but smiled at me. "Good night Merkal" she said. "Sweet dreams my friend" and I walked away hearing that lullaby song again. Arabian Nights