Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Just the Beginning by DesertFlower
[Reviews - 42] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
Although I am an expirienced fanfic writer, this is my first Aladdin fanfic, and my first time writing a major story in third person point of view, so go easy on me. But, I think you'll enjoy it! Let me know what you think!
BTW, the songs sang in this chapter are I'll Stand by You by Carrie Underwood, Outside Looking In by Nick Lachey, and Brave by Jennifer Lopez, and the songs appear in that order.
Dusk had settled over the city of Agrabah, giving it an almost red/orange glow. Aladdin and Jasmine had a fantastic view of their city, but they weren't on the balcony of their bedroom, they were in Aladdin's old hovel. The two of them sometimes came here in evenings to be alone, coming themselves, even without Carpet to fly them home at night. Aladdin was wearing his fancy street rat clothes, where the vest had a gold trim, he had a striped sash, and was wearing brown shoes. Jasmine was also disguised, but had taken those clothes off to reveal her normal, two piece outfit. But, instead of it being it's normal blue, it was a lovely shade of purple.

Aladdin was standing, leaning against the wall, looking out at the city, deep in thought. Jasmine was sitting only a few feet away, also watching her city. The Prince and Princess watched in silence. Though, tonight was the last night they would be referred to as such, for tomorrow, after only ten months of marriage, they were being crowned Sultan and Sultana. Jasmine's father was in no way ill or dieing, he just felt it was time to hand the kingdom over to new, younger rulers who he knew could charge it much better than he had.

Aladdin and Jasmine learned about this about a month ago, and immediately started getting prepared. Jasmine turned from the city to look at her husband, who was still lost in his thoughts. She then stood and walked over to him and put her hand on his arm, and felt his muscles were tense as she tried to comfort his troubled mind.

“Aladdin, you're not still nervous about tomorrow, are you?” She asked, and he sighed.

“It's not just tomorrow, Jasmine, it's the future. What if I'm not ready?” He looked down and closed his eyes.

“But you are ready, you're going to make an excellent Sultan, one of the best Agrabah's ever seen, at least I think so, and so does Father. If he didn't, he wouldn't be doing this so soon.”

Aladdin finally looked at Jasmine.

“You're right, I guess, but still, I-” Aladdin started saying, but Jasmine put a finger to his lips, and then took his hands in hers, and he turned to face her. Jasmine looked up at him, and started singing softly,

“Oh, why you look so sad
The tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
Don’t be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
Cause I’ve seen the dark side too

“When the night falls on you
You don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me love you less

“I’ll stand by you
I’ll stand by you
I won’t let nobody hurt you
I’ll stand by you

“So, if you're mad, get mad
Don’t hold it all inside
Come on and talk to me now
Hey, what you got to hide
I get angry too
Well, I’m a lot like you

“When you're standing at the crossroads
And don't know which path to choose
Let me come along
Cause even if you're wrong

“I’ll stand by you
I’ll stand by you
I won’t let nobody hurt you
I’ll stand by you
Take me in into you darkest hour
And I’ll never desert you
I’ll stand by you

“And when, when the night falls on you, baby
You're feeling all alone
You won't be on your own

“I’ll stand by you
I’ll stand by you
I won’t let nobody hurt you
I’ll stand by you
Take me in into you darkest hour
And I’ll never desert you
I’ll stand by you

“Oh, I’ll stand by you
I’ll stand by you


Jasmine finished the song and looked into Aladdin's eyes. He smiled slightly, but then looked out into the city, with a new determination in his eyes as he started singing,

“Paper houses,
And fallen angels,
And times you can't see in front of you.
Wasted moments,
Trying to be someone I,
Never wanted to be for you.

“But I feel my world coming back to life,
My eyes are finally open again.
Now I see it all,
It a different light,
Standing on the outside,
I'm finally on the outside,
Looking in.

“Reaching out into unknown spaces,
With nothing left to blur the view.
And now I know I've got to find,
This picture frozen in my mind,
Of a life I never knew.

“But I feel my world coming back to life,
My eyes are finally open again.
Now I see it all,
It a different light,
Standing on the outside,
I'm finally on the outside.

“I'm tearing out the page,
Breathing for a change,
And its so good.

“To feel myself coming back to life,
I'm finally on the outside,
I'm finally on the outside.
And I feel my world coming back to life,
My eyes are finally open again.
Now I see it all,
It a different light,
Standing on the outside,
I'm finally on the outside,
Looking in.

Aladdin turned to look at his wife, and she smiled,

“I know you can do it, I have faith in you.” Jasmine said.

“Thanks, I have faith in you, too.” They both smiled, and Aladdin took Jasmine in his arms and held her, glad for her constant encouragement at times like these.

They stayed at the hovel until late at night, and then returned to their palace bedroom.

“Good night, my Prince.” Jasmine said as they laid in bed.

“Good night, Princess.” Aladdin said, and Jasmine laid her head on his bare chest and smiled as he put an arm around her. They soon both fell asleep in each others arms.


Jasmine awoke early the next morning, and looked to see Aladdin still sleeping. It was normal for her to wake up before him nowadays, for in the last month he had had much trouble sleeping, tossing and turning, stress building about the upcoming coronation. To Jasmine's surprise, Aladdin had slept peacefully last night. But, she was also relieved, for she had started to worry about him, but whenever she would bring up the subject with him, he would insist he was fine, that it was just a little anxiety, but she knew better, knowing inside just how scared he was.

Jasmine could tell he wasn't scared about becoming Sultan, it was living up to everyone's expectations. But what more could people expect from him? The thought angered her, for Aladdin has done so many things for this city, almost too many to name, and yet people keep setting the bar higher for him. Jasmine's expectations, too, were high for Aladdin, but hers were to encourage him, and strengthen him, not to push him over the limit. Aladdin had the same expectations for her, too, and he had the right to have those feelings, for he was her husband, and was going to be Sultan soon. Aladdin also has every right in the world to feel the way he's felt the last month. Jasmine understood why few of her words could comfort him, for they couldn't change what people thought and expected of him, especially as the ruler of the kingdom.

A silent anger was building inside her, but her face softened and she sighed quietly. Now was not the time to get angry, not today, today was too important, and she needed to be there for Aladdin. She watched him for a minute, and then got out of bed as quietly as possible, as not to wake him, for she knew he needed the sleep. He stirred lightly, but never opened his eyes. She then went to her vanity and brushed out her hair, which she let fall about her shoulders. After she finished, she walked out to the balcony. It was still early, but from she could tell, the sun had been up for a while now.

Jasmine let her chin rest on her hand as she leaned against the side of the balcony. She began to ponder her role as Sultana, for she knew her role wasn't nearly as important as Aladdin's. She was a woman, it was as simple as that, and he was a man, and his word and opinion always came before hers, even as Queen. She hated the idea of it, for she wanted to be involved in Aladdin's day-to-day duties, at least some of them, for she knew their was some of them where she wasn't needed, just like she wasn't needed for many of his duties as Prince, but for those he had sometimes insisted against her help, not to offend her, but to prove that he was capable of his duties as ruler one day. As Sultan, Aladdin would have his advisor's, and they would probably advise against a woman being involved anyway. She was thankful that Aladdin didn't think like that, for her opinion mattered to him, and he always took them into consideration, and Jasmine was the same way. Though she hadn't gotten as bad as Aladdin had the last month, she was too nervous, though she hadn't let it show, or at least tried, for she was forced to admit a couple of times to Aladdin she did indeed feel the same way. The thing she feared the most though, was not worrying if people found her incapable as Sultana, she knew she was capable of that, for her day-to-day duties weren't that hard. What Jasmine feared was being judged and scrutinized as a wife, a wife that couldn't stand just sitting on the throne next to her husband, the Sultan. That she couldn't just be there for him and serve him. She knew she was a good wife, and of course would do anything Aladdin told her to. Aladdin was also a wonderful husband, their marriage being a very happy one, and in no way would being the rulers, having to charge the kingdom on their own change that, for their marriage, the love and passion they felt for eachother was bigger than that. The gossips would tell otherwise, though. Jasmine tried to get these thoughts out of her head, for she knew they were ridiculous. She hated the gossips, and tried to ignore them. She was determined not to let word of mouth get to her, and she was determined to show everyone that her and Aladdin could both be there for eachother, not only as Sultan and Sultana, but as lovers also. So, she sang,

“It's a new day, new day, and it's evident
You must have been heaven-sent
Sometimes we should be hesitant, but I'm not at all
Just feeling more confident
Just using my common sense
Just trusting it, I'm loving it

“I can't refuse an offer so benevolent
Can't assume he's gon' use me
And after he'll never call again
Don't be afraid, don't be afraid
This is the day, this is the day

[Chorus:]
“It's time to be brave
Say I'm not afraid, not anymore
I used to be cold, now the temperature's changed
It just ain't the same
I'm not afraid, I'm not afraid
Cus I've become brave
As the light of day straight into a cave
To show me the way, that I might be saved
Now I'm turning the page
Thanks to the power of love I can love
Because I am brave

“I am brave, I am brave

“I heard him say this thing moving too fast for him
It's a thin line we're straddling
Foolishly adamant, but it's all in his eyes
Really wish he would let me in
Cus the same way I'm scared of him
He's scared of being hurt again

“It's time to let go, let go of your heart
It's time for a brand new start
Never know, we might never part
Baby don't be afraid, don't be afraid
This is the day, this is the day

“It's time to be brave
Say I'm not afraid, not anymore
I used to be cold, now the temperature's changed
It just ain't the same
I'm not afraid, I'm not afraid
Cus I've become brave
As the light of day straight into a cave
To show me the way, that I might be saved
Now I'm turning the page
Thanks to the power of love I can love
Because I am brave

“I wouldn't take back anything that I've gone through
I pray for strength for anything that I'm gonna do
Whether joy, or as pain, I'm still okay
I'm gonna be alright cause I'm not afraid
No, I am brave

“Say I'm not afraid, not anymore
I used to be cold, now the temperature's changed
It just ain't the same
I'm not afraid, I'm not afraid
Cus I've become brave
As the light of day straight into a cave
To show me the way, that I might be saved
Now I'm turning the page
Thanks to the power of love I can love
Because I am brave

“I am Brave.”

Jasmine smiled, feeling both her and Aladdin were ready for the responsibilities and challenges that awaited them. As long as they were together, they could go through anything.

Aladdin awoke a while later, and turned to lie on his back and stretched out his arm, only to feel that Jasmine was no longer in bed. He looked to find her standing on the balcony. He wasn't surprised that she was already up, though he hoped he hadn't kept her up all night with his constant restlessness. He closed his eyes again, feeling rested for the first time in weeks. He knew the only reason he was feeling so calm right now was because of Jasmine, for she had helped him find an inner clam last night, one that he desperately needed if he was to become Sultan. Aladdin then walked out to the balcony to join Jasmine.

Jasmine gazed out into the city, and then felt a pair of arms gently wrapped around her waist. She smiled as her fingers entwined with Aladdin's.

“Good morning.” He said.

“Good morning.” Jasmine replied as she turned and faced him. They both smiled before leaning in for a kiss.

“I'm glad to see you slept well last night.” Jasmine said as she took Aladdin's hands in hers.

“Yeah, me too. Did you sleep well?” He asked.

“Yes, I did.”

“Good, it's about time we both woke up feeling refreshed. If it wasn't for my tossing and turning every night we might actually-”

“Aladdin, don't blame this on your self. You had every right to get worked up about this.”

“You didn't.”

“Aladdin, that's not to say I didn't have a lot on my mind. And, I'm not the one being crowned Sultan today, am I?” She asked.

Aladdin smiled, “No, Jasmine, just my beautiful Queen.”

She blushed as he swept a hair away from her face. He loved it when it was down, tumbling down her shoulders and back. During the day, she always wore it pulled back, and she really only wore it down in the mornings and at night, which was perfect because that was almost the only time they got to see eachother, both of them being so busy during the day, especially Aladdin. She had also worn it down for their wedding, and oh, how beautiful she looked that day. Aladdin had never, and nor would he ever see anything
as beautiful as Jasmine in her wedding gown. Though, there was never a time where she wasn't beautiful. He gazed at her now, radiant in the morning light.

Jasmine let out a small laugh before saying, “Come, we should start getting ready, the ceremony will start in a few hours.” Aladdin followed her back into the bedroom.
A while later, they were both ready. Jasmine was wearing a shimmering, gold two piece long sleeved outfit, with many beautiful, intricate details. Her hair was pulled back with gold bands, and she was wearing earrings and a necklace of pure, glittering gold. Even her red lips had a caramel tint to them, though, she wasn't wearing a crown of any kind, not yet at least, for she would have a new crown placed on her head during the ceremony. Aladdin also looked his best. His clothes, coordinated with Jasmine's, were much more regal than what he would normally wear, but yet more youthful than what her father wore as Sultan. He too, wasn't wearing wearing anything on his head that signified he was royalty because he was going to get a new, Sultan's turban during the ceremony, and that, too, was more youthful looking.

Aladdin and Jasmine were still in their bedroom when their door creaked open and Abu peeked in. Aladdin turned to the door and smiled, and Abu ran in and climbed on Aladdin's shoulders. Abu was smiling, and Aladdin asked,

“Well, you ready for today Abu?”

At that, Abu scowled, and screeched something that only Aladdin could understand. Jasmine assumed it was something about his vest being uncomfortable, for he was tugging at it. He was wearing a fancy white vest, and a matching fez.

Aladdin gave a laugh before saying, “I know, but it's only for today, besides, you have a very important job to do.”

“Abu, that's right,” Jasmine said, “You have to get down to the courtyard. Is Genie already down there?”

Abu nodded, and Aladdin said “You better be heading down there, we'll be there shortly.” Abu frowned, and Aladdin petted him on the head. Abu said something, giving in, and he left, and Jasmine and Aladdin were alone again.

“Well, we better get going, too.” Jasmine said.

“It's not like they can start without us.” Aladdin said, and Jasmine gave a quiet laugh. This was last time today they would be alone until late this evening, for after the coronation there was a celebratory feast in their honor, and Jasmine so wanted to make this time special.

“Jasmine, are you ready for this?” Aladdin asked, taking her small, delicate hands in his.

“Yes, I think I am,” She said with a certain determination. “Are you, Aladdin?”

“As ready as I'll ever be.” He said, also with determination in his voice, one that proved to Jasmine once and for all that he was ready to rule this kingdom. She moved closer to him, and said, looking into his eyes,

“You're going to be a great Sultan, I know it.”

Aladdin smiled before their lips met in a long kiss. After the kiss, they stood, and walked to the throne room, which would soon be theirs. They stood in front the doors, ready to make their grand entrance. They looked at eachother one last time, and then Aladdin nodded to the guards, and they opened the massive doors. Aladdin then held out his hand for Jasmine, and she rested her hand on his, and they walked down the staircase with their heads held high, walking just a noble couple should walk during occasions like these. They presented to everyone as “Their Royal Highnesses” and at the bottom of the staircase there were two golden thrones just for the ceremony.

Jasmine's father had chosen the high priest to lead the ceremony, but really he would hardly say anything, for Aladdin and Jasmine would do most of the talking themselves. Next to Aladdin's throne was Genie, holding a blue pillow with Aladdin's turban on it. To Aladdin's left, standing next to Jasmine's throne was Abu, holding another blue pillow with Jasmine's gold crown on it.

Jasmine and Aladdin arrived at the bottom of the staircase and bowed to Jasmine's father, and he nodded to them, and they took their seats. Jasmine's father said a few words to the crowd, and then he handed it over to the high priest, and then after a few moments nodded to Aladdin. Aladdin then stood, and walked over to Jasmine's throne. Abu was perched on a stand, and he held the pillow up, and Aladdin lifted up the crown. It was a beautiful crown, of a gold, filigree design, with a large, blue sapphire on top. A blue sapphire was also on the center of Jasmine's top, and on her pants. Aladdin then said an oath, and Jasmine repeated it, and then closed her eyes and bowed her head slightly as her husband placed the crown on her head. She looked up and smiled at him, and he held out his hands for her. She took them and stood, and they walked over to Aladdin's throne. Aladdin sat, and Genie smiled to Jasmine as she took the turban off it. Jasmine said the same oath that he had for her, and he repeated it. He bowed his head as she placed the turban on his head. Aladdin and Jasmine smiled, and she took her seat next to Aladdin. They had done their part, now the high priest was talking about the oaths they had just taken, and how he was sure that they would be wonderful rulers.

While the high priest was talking, Aladdin would occasionally steal a glance over at Jasmine. She would glance back and smile, and he would return the same smile, doing everything he could to stop himself from kissing her, which was difficult as beautiful as she looked. At the same time, even though he didn't dare show it, Aladdin was getting annoyed, for the high priest was practically repeating was him and Jasmine had said themselves. But, he prayers were soon answered, for the moment had finally arrived. The high priest, in front of the large crowd, officially proclaimed Prince Aladdin Sultan Aladdin and Princess Jasmine Queen Jasmine. The newly exalted couple stood, and the crowd burst into applause and cheers. Jasmine and Aladdin smiled, and turned to look at eachother, both of them being so proud of the other. Aladdin then leaned in and kissed her. Genie sent fireworks into the sky, and after they parted form the kiss, Abu leaped onto Aladdin's shoulders.

The young Sultan and his Queen made their way into their palace, for their day wasn't done yet, they were to honored at a feast with many important people in attendance.

It wasn't until well after the sun went down until Aladdin and Jasmine were able to escape from the dinner. And the longer the feast went on, the less easier it got for them both to deny that they wanted to be alone with eachother. Finally, Aladdin and Jasmine excused themselves, with everyone rising as they stood and bowing to them, something they would both have to get used to, especially at occasions such as this.

Jasmine ran out the balcony, laughing as Aladdin ran after her. She got to the edge, looking up at the moon, accompanied by thousands of stars. Soon, Aladdin was by her side.

“I'm so proud of you, Aladdin, you did great today.” Jasmine said, taking his hands in hers.

“Thanks, I'm proud of you, too.” Aladdin said.

She smiled, and then looked out at the crystal clear night sky. Thankful that her and Aladdin were alone, she said,

“Well, My Lord, I'd never thought I'd say it on a night like this, but I think I'm too tired for a magic carpet ride tonight.”

“That's quite alright, Your Highness, because I had something else in mind.”

They both smiled, and Jasmine wrapped her arms around Aladdin's neck as they kissed passionately. Soon though, too soon for Aladdin's liking, Jasmine parted from the kiss, and made her way into the bedroom. She sat at her vanity, and looked at herself. She marveled at the beauty of her crown. She then took it off and looked at it closer, with it's intricate, gold design and the large, blue sapphire on top. She smiled as she set it down, and proceeded to take out the bands in her hair and she brushed it. When she was done, she stood as Aladdin came in from the balcony. Aladdin then drew the curtains shut that surrounded their massive bed. He then took Jasmine in his arms, and she ran her fingers through his hair, for he had taken his jacket and turban off. Their lips met in a kiss, and soon they were on the bed, in eachothers arms, neither of them wanting the passion to end, and stop it did not until the early hours of the morning.