Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Just the Beginning by DesertFlower
[Reviews - 42] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
Hey! Here's the second part! You might be surprised by what happens in this part, but you'll like it! Tell me what you think, I love hearing the reviews, I've gotten some really great ones so far! Keep them coming!
BTW, the songs used in this part are Stand Still, Look Pretty by the Wreckers and Hurt by Christina Aguilera. Enjoy!
It was morning now in the city of Agrabah, and everything has been peaceful for months; even in the wake of new rulers rising to the throne.

Jasmine awoke, inhaling deeply as she did so, taking in the scent that told her that it was morning. Still feeling somewhat tired, she turned over on her side but did not open her eyes. When she did finally open her eyes, she found that Aladdin was gone. She assumed he'd been up for hours now.

She then got up and went to her vanity, awaking Rajah as she did so, who was lying next to it. She sat and brushed her hair.

Jasmine wasn't surprised that Aladdin was already up, for within days of the coronation, their roles became reversed. Instead of Jasmine being the first to wake up every morning, it was Aladdin who arose almost with the sun, with her waking up hours after he had left.

She sighed with slight disappointment, for even though she had prepared to be Queen for nearly a month before the coronation, nothing could've prepared her for what being Queen was really like. Two and a half weeks her and Aladdin have been Sultan and Sultana, and in those two and a half weeks she had done almost nothing, while Aladdin was working harder than ever. She hated sitting around doing nothing, while Aladdin on the other hand was doing a wonderful job as Sultan, with everyone noticing, everyone looking up to him with such a higher regard than before, taking away his “street-rat” reputation once and for all. While Jasmine was proud of Aladdin for achieving all that had in such a short time, she wondered, what was being said about her? Jasmine wondered if the women of this kingdom were wondering of why they had heard and seen so little of their Queen when they had heard so much from her husband, the Sultan. Maybe they wondered if she was in hiding, or other reasons they were trying to think of. Jasmine again tried to get these thoughts out of her head. The truth was, there really wasn't a reason she was so uninvolved, there was just nothing for her to do. It wasn't her job to sentence prisoners, or to try and open new trade routes with forgien lands, or to head meetings with chief advisers for advice on ways to improve the city. No, these weren't her jobs, they were Aladdin's.

She sighed again, and buried her head in her arms on the table. Rajah noticed this, and went to Jasmine's side and nudged her arm, as if to comfort her. Jasmine sat up and looked at him, amazed at how loyal he's always been to her all these years, always being able to tell when something was bothering her. Even after her marriage to Aladdin, Rajah's loyalty and friendship to Jasmine never wavered, and she was deeply thankful for it, especially at times like these.

Jasmine smiled softly at him and stroked his head softly before saying,

“Oh, Rajah, you can always tell when something is on my mind, can't you?”

Rajah then looked at her with eyes telling her that he could indeed tell when something was bothering the one he loved and would protect from anything, and Jasmine knew there was no denying that fact.

“I don't know what to do, Rajah, I find myself wondering what my role is through all this.”

Jasmine then looked back at her reflection in the mirror, and started singing,

“I want to paint my face
And pretend that I am someone else
Sometimes I get so fed up
I don't even want to look at myself

“But people have problems that are worse than mine
I don't want you to think I'm complaining all the time
And I hate the way you look at me I have to say
I wish I could start over

[Chorus]
“I am slowly falling apart
I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start
You might think it's easy being me
You just stand still, look pretty

“Sometimes I find myself shaking
In the middle of the night
And then it hits me and I can't
Even believe this is my life

“But people have problems that are worse than mine
I don't want you to think I'm complaining all the time
And I wish that everyone would go and shut their mouths
I'm not strong enough to deal with it

“I am slowly falling apart
I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start
You might think it's easy being me
You just stand still, look pretty.”

Jasmine rested her head on her arms and fingered her crown. Instead of putting it on, she pulled her hair back with pink bands, then got up and put on her outfit for the day. It was a two piece sky blue outfit, with pink accents. It had long sleeves that belled out at the wrists. Pink lined the top of her top, meeting at a pink gemstone at her bust. And instead of pants, it was layered pink and blue floor-sweeping skirt. She then put on her gold shoes and crown, and made her way to the throne room.

When she arrived, she looked around the room and no one was there. Jasmine then sat in her throne, assuming Aladdin was in the dungeon sentencing prisoners, or something like that. After a few minutes of sitting there, lost in her thoughts, she walked out to the throne room balcony, draped with rich blue curtains of the finest fabrics. Jasmine ran a hand over them, and then made her way to edge, leaning against the side.

“Jasmine?”

She jumped, startled, and turned to see Aladdin walking toward her.

“Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.” He said as he stood next to her.

“No, it's alright. I was just thinking.” She said, letting her chin rest on her hand.

“About what?” Aladdin asked, and Jasmine looked at him,

“You really want to know?”

“Of course I do.”

She sighed, and he took her hands in his as she turned and faced him.

“Well, it's just that it's only been two and a half weeks since we were crowned, and...I feel like I never get to see you anymore. You're always so busy, doing everything. And me, waking up in an empty bed every morning. Things are moving very fast for it being this soon into your reign, don't you think so too Aladdin?”

“Yes, I do, Jasmine, I agree with you. But, I think you should just give it time, give things a chance to settle down. It'll get better soon.”

“But what if it doesn't? Aladdin, in two weeks you're leaving for some conference, and your going to be gone for nearly a month, that doesn't seem to me like a sign that things are going to slow down at all.”

“Jasmine, I have a chance to open trade with a kingdom that's very rich in resources, this could be very good for Agrabah. And if everything turns out like I think it will, it will be better for us after I get back, I promise. But until then, I'm going to be a little busy preparing.”

Aladdin was trying to make Jasmine understand, but it wasn't working, for she turned to him and said,

“It seems for nearly two months that's all you've been doing is preparing, will it ever stop?”

“I still have a lot to learn, and so do you, Jasmine. What do you want me to do?”

The fact that they were becoming angry and impatient with eachother was becoming clear, and Jasmine wasn't helping the situation,

“Let me be involved, let me do something! All I do is sit around and do nothing, listening to people say of wonderful ruler you are, but what about me.”

“It's funny that you should mention that, because you said everyone else has taken notice of me, and is praising me, but you forgot about one person,”

Jasmine stayed silent under Aladdin's piercing gaze.

“You. Of all people Jasmine, you have yet to respect me as Sultan. You're my wife, the one who is supposed to support and encourage me more than anyone else, and you have yet to say anything.”

“Maybe if I got to see you, if I was involved! I never get to see you, and I have yet to do anything around here!”

At that, she shot an angry look at Aladdin and stormed out. As she was leaving the throne room, she contemplated stopping in the hallway to see if Aladdin would come after her, but she decided against it, doubting he would. Jasmine then went to her menagerie, and sat on the edge of the fountain with her arms crossed. She wanted to wonder, Who was he to speak to her like that, but knew that it was a ridiculous thought, knowing there was no way she could, let alone should try to challenge him.

Aladdin sat at his throne, putting a hand to his head. He then looked over to the throne to the left of his, Jasmine's throne, which she's hardly even sat in since the coronation. He couldn't believe that he had just fought with her like that. Aladdin could see why Jasmine was feeling the way she was, but on the other hand, he had a right to defend himself as well. What could he say to convince Jasmine that the trip he was taking in a couple weeks was in fact necessary, and he truly felt things would be better after he got back. He knew that Jasmine was probably thinking that the trip wasn't necessary, at least not so soon, but it was such a good opportunity for the city, and he knew he couldn't pass it up. Aladdin just wished Jasmine would try to understand. He sighed, knowing how difficult and stubborn Jasmine was being right now.

A while later, Jasmine was still by the fountain, still by herself. At first, she had been blinded by her anger, but the more she had thought about what Aladdin had said, the more she knew he was right, and now she regretted what she had said. She knew Aladdin was a good Sultan, wise beyond his years, and she needed to acknowledge that fact. Wishing she could take everything she had said earlier, she sang,

“Seems like it was yesterday when I saw your face
You told me how proud you were but I walked away
If only I knew what I know today

“Ooooh, Oooh

“I would hold you in my arms
I would take the pain away
Thank you for all you've done
Forgive all your mistakes
There's nothing I wouldn't do
To hear your voice again
Sometimes I want to call you but I know you won't be there

“I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do
And I've hurt myself by hurting you

“Some days I feel broke inside but I won't admit
Sometimes I just want to hide 'cause it's you I miss
And it's so hard to say goodbye when it comes to this

“Ooooooh

“Would you tell me I was wrong?
Would you help me understand?
Are you looking down upon me?
Are you proud of who I am?
There's nothing I wouldn't do
To have just one more chance
To look into your eyes and see you looking back

“I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do
And I've hurt myself

“If I had just one more day, I would tell you how much that
I've missed you since you've been away

“Oh, it's dangerous
It's so out of line to try to turn back time

“I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do
And I've hurt myself

“By hurting you”

Jasmine sighed, and then got up and headed toward the throne room, surely Aladdin still had to be there.

Aladdin still sat at his throne, also regretting what he had said to Jasmine. He needed to talk to her. He then got up and left the throne room and went to look for Jasmine.

Jasmine arrived at the throne room, only to find that Aladdin was no longer there. She went out to the throne room balcony and he wasn't there either. She then left, and went up to her and Aladdin's bedroom and balcony, and he wasn't in either of those places.

Aladdin went out to Jasmine's menagerie, but she wasn't there. He then went back into the palace and out to the courtyard, and there was still no sign of Jasmine. He went back into the palace and searched nearly every large sitting room the palace had.

After searching what seemed every inch of the palace, Jasmine found herself in one of the first hallways she started in. She was walking at a fast pace, not letting her dress drag on the floor as she did so. She passed room after room, and all of a sudden Aladdin came out of the rooms at the very end of the hallway.

“Aladdin!” Jasmine called out, and she got his attention immediately.

“Jasmine!” Aladdin cried, and Jasmine ran to him and leaped into his arms. Jasmine's feet lifted off the ground as Aladdin held her. When he put her down, she looked at him and said,

“Aladdin, I-”

“Jasmine, it's alright,” Aladdin said, putting his hands on her forearms as hers were on his shoulders,

“I'm sorry for the things I said. I shouldn't have accused you of something like that.”

“I'm sorry too, for I'm the one at fault here, I shouldn't have acted the way I did.”

“Jasmine, you have a right to feel the way you were feeling.”

“But what I didn't have is the right to complain about it, I was acting childish and it wasn't my place to criticize you.”

Aladdin let out a small laugh before saying, “Jasmine, it seems all I'm getting right now is praise. I hardly think a little criticism is going to hurt me, in fact, all I think it will do is help me.”

He looked down at her, and Jasmine, still ashamed of her actions, bowed her head. Aladdin then lightly cupped her chin, and lifted her head to look at him. Jasmine smiled softly before Aladdin leaned down and kissed her. She closed her eyes as her arms went around his neck, once again getting lost in him, a feeling she loved but had been slightly deprived of in recent weeks. But she would change all that-they both would.

Early the next morning, Aladdin and Jasmine were still awake, watching the sunrise. Hours earlier, they left Agrabah and had taken a long awaited carpet ride together.

It was still dark out, and stars still shone, but the horizon line was starting to turn the lightest shade of purple, signifying it would soon be dawn.

Aladdin and Jasmine sat close together on the highest part of the Great Wall of China, with their arms around eachother. They watched as the sun began to rise, something that Jasmine seldom sees anymore, but Aladdin gets to see the sun rise almost everyday.

Jasmine sighed contently as she rested her head on Aladdin's shoulder, and he pulled her closer. Hearing her sigh, he asked,

“You getting tired?”

“No. It's just that this is nice.”

“Yeah, it is. I get to see this everyday, but it's much more enjoyable when you're with me.”

At that, each felt the other smile.

Although Jasmine didn't want to realize it, she was getting tired, and she soon fell asleep, not being able to keep her eyes open anymore. Aladdin soon noticed this, and gently placed her on Carpet. On the way home, he held Jasmine in his arms in a gentle yet protective embrace. Soon, Carpet came to a stop at their palace balcony. Aladdin carried Jasmine to their bedroom and placed her on the bed. Aladdin knew Jasmine must've been pretty tired, for she had yet to stir from her sleep, even on Carpet she didn't wake up. He then went to draw the curtains shut that surrounded their bed.

Jasmine pulled the sheets close to her. Knowing she was back in her bed, she opened her eyes, and saw Aladdin standing close to the bed. Whether he was opening them or shutting them she didn't know, so she said,

“Aladdin?”

Aladdin turned and looked at her,

“Jasmine.”

“You're not leaving yet, are you?”

Aladdin was sitting next her on the bed, and he took her hand in his and smiled softly,

“I'm not going anywhere.”

Jasmine said nothing, she just smiled and closed her eyes as she let her head fall back onto the pillow. Aladdin then got up, and was soon lying in bed next to Jasmine. He had an arm around her as she rested her head on his chest, and there was no where else he'd rather be, even if he was Sultan.

Jasmine laid close to Aladdin, and then she felt as he softly kissed her forehead. She smiled to herself, just knowing he would still be next to her when she woke up.