Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Just the Beginning by DesertFlower
[Reviews - 42] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
Hey! Here's the third chapter, sorry it's so short! Please review, if you liked the first two chapters then you'll like this one! BTW, the song used in this chapter is Finally by Fergie. I am OBSESSED with this song right now! It's so romantic and it describes Jasmine's attitude about her and Aladdin's relationship perfectly!
The sun had long been set on the city of Agrabah, and the stars shone brightly over the city, surrounding a crescent moon.

But, the Sultan and his Queen were not in Agrabah, for in three days Aladdin was leaving, going to a forgien kingdom to seek out trading opportunities for both, and he was going to be gone for at least three weeks, possibly even more, so Aladdin and Jasmine wanted to spend as much time together as possible in the next three days, especially time alone.

It had also been two weeks since their fight, and they had been happy ever since, hardly ever leaving eachothers sides, for Jasmine attended, some, but not all meetings with Aladdin. She also sat with him in the throne room during the day. And at night, they would sit and talk, with Jasmine wanting to learn more about Aladdin's role as the ruler of this kingdom. And in these last couple weeks, the reasons of why people respected Aladdin so much was clearly showing, those being the qualities of a wise and mighty ruler, qualities Jasmine couldn't believe took her so long to see for herself.

Aladdin and Jasmine were high above the desert, and Aladdin was trying to teach her how to stand on Carpet while he was flying, without losing her footing or balance. Jasmine was standing with her arms outstretched and her knees bent slightly, just as Aladdin had taught her. He was standing behind her, holding her waist. He signified for Carpet to go faster, and when he saw that Jasmine was doing fine, he started to let go, but her hands immediately flew to his, obviously not wanting him to let go,

“Jasmine, I'm right here, I'm not going to let you fall.”

Hearing the reassurance in his voice, Jasmine said nothing as he gently took her arms and lifted them up, shivering from the sensation his touch left on her skin.

Carpet then started picking up speed again, and after a couple minutes, while he was still holding her arms out, he asked,

“Can I let go now?” At this, Jasmine looked at him and smiled,

“Alright.”

Aladdin smiled as he let go of her arms, but his hands hovered over her body just in case she lost her balance.

“Aladdin, I'm doing it!”

“You're doing good.”

They looked at eachother and smiled, and Carpet took them higher, high into the clouds. At one point, he even let Aladdin and Jasmine go into a free-fall, but he soon caught them in mid-air. Again, Aladdin and Jasmine were standing on Carpet, but all of a sudden, Jasmine felt dizzy and lost her footing. She fell backwards, but Aladdin caught her.

“Jasmine, are you alright?”

“Yes, I'm fine, I just lost my balance.”

Her and Aladdin sat, and even after a few moments of sitting and Carpet flying slow and steady, she still felt lightheaded. But, she shrugged the feeling off, and soon her and Aladdin were back at the palace in their bedroom.

The next morning, Jasmine awoke to find that Aladdin was gone. But then she looked out to the balcony and saw it was still early in the morning, so she didn't mind, she in fact assumed he was still at breakfast.

Two days, Jasmine thought. Only two days until Aladdin would be leaving. She couldn't believe he was taking a trip like this so soon after being crowned, and she couldn't believe he was going to be gone for almost a month! Never before have they been apart from eachother for that amount of time. Yes, there have been times where they were apart, such as the rare occasion when Aladdin would have to take a trip similar to this one after their marriage, or before they got married when Jasmine went with her father, but that was only for a few days, a week at the most, and it wasn't very often. If Aladdin was leaving for a trip like this, and being gone this long so soon, Jasmine knew it meant he would be doing this more often than she thought, though she prayed that wouldn't happen. In a way, she didn't think it would, after all, Aladdin promised things would start to slow down after he got back.

Jasmine felt a little ridiculous for having these thoughts, like many thoughts that entered her mind, but her love for Aladdin was just that deep. She simply needed him around her, she needed to be close to him because of how safe and secure she felt when he held her, let alone being near him. From the very first day she met she'd felt that way, as if he had left a desperate spell on her, a spell she in no way wanted to break. For on that fateful night when she snuck out of the palace in disguise, with no intention of coming back and not caring or even thinking of any consequences, she wasn't looking for a husband, for that had been the last thing on her mind, she was looking for freedom. Freedom was the thing she longed for the most at that time. But then it all changed when she met Aladdin, the boy in the marketplace, the infamous street-rat. But he wasn't like that at all, and because of Jasmine's inability to last not even a whole day in the marketplace on her own, Aladdin had to save her life, that being how they met. It was love at first sight for both of them, and it soon became clear that Aladdin would do anything for her, let alone to be with her, going to lengths such as to have Genie turning him into Prince Ali just so he could be with her. But then the truth was revealed, and Jasmine's father changed the law that Jasmine had hated her whole life, and her and Aladdin were together at last. And numerous times since then has he saved her life, but Jasmine felt that every single day he saves her life, and she felt as if she owed him her life in return. She owed everything to him, but Jasmine knew there was no way she could ever repay Aladdin for that look in his eyes, the way he protected her, kissed her, touched her, how he always knew the right thing to say, how when they were together everything seemed right in the world, though, when they were together, the world and all the troubles in it seemed to fade, and they would just melt in eachothers arms. Jasmine was nothing without Aladdin. He was the breath she took, the smile on her face, the flame when she was cold. He was her everything. Every little thing that Aladdin does, it never ceases to amaze her, and she finds herself wondering how she found herself at the mercy of this man, wanting him to pour himself all over her, and she would cherish every drop on her knees.

Jasmine then got out of bed, and went to her vanity. She brushed her hair and let it fall about her shoulders. She then went to her wardrobe to pick out her outfit for the day, which was sometimes difficult, for she had a large selection of beautiful outfits. Some of them being one piece outfits, most being two piece outfits that showed her midriff. All of her outfits were off the shoulder, with some of them being more elaborate than others, ones she could wear everyday and others that she saved for special occasions. Jasmine then came across a long sleeved two piece purple outfit that she'd not worn for sometime. She smiled as she held it at arms length. Though, Jasmine wasn't admiring it for it for it's beauty, but for the memories it brought. This outfit in particular made her think of the weeks and months after her and Aladdin met, the two of them being so happy that they could be together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a beautiful morning in the city of Agrabah, and Jasmine was standing, leaning against the side of her balcony. She smiled to herself, for never in her life has she been this happy. It had been a month since her father changed the law that once said that the Princess could only be married to prince, but she could now marry whoever she deemed worthy, and in Jasmine's eyes, no one was more worthy of her love than Aladdin. After all the suitors that had come in and out of the palace to seek her hand in marriage, Jasmine had finally found the One, and she wouldn't want it any other way, so she sang,

“Ever since I was a baby girl I had a dream
Cinderella theme
Crazy as it seems
Always knew that deep inside that there would come that day
But I would have to wait
Make so many mistakes
I couldn't comprehend
As I watched it unfold
This classic story told, I left it in the cold
Walking through unopened doors that led me back to you
Each one unlocking more of the truth

“I finally stopped tripping on my youth
I finally got lost inside of you
I finally know that I needed to grow
And finally my mate has met my soul

[chorus]
“Finally
Now my destiny can begin
Though we will have our differences
Something strange and new is happening
Finally
Now my life doesn't seem so bad
It's the best that I've ever had
Give my love to him finally

“Mmmmmm

“I remember the beginning you already knew
I acted like a fool
Just trying to be cool
Fronting like it didn't matter
I just ran away
Put on another face
Was lost in my own space
Felt what its like to hurt selfishly
I was scared to give up me
Afraid to just believe
I was in a jealous, insecure, pathetic place
Stumbled through the mess that I had made

“I Finally got out of my old way
I finally started living for today
I finally know that I needed to grow
And finally my mate has met my soul

[chorus]
“Finally
Now my destiny can begin
Though we will have a our differences
Something strange and new is happening
Finally
Now my life doesn't seem so bad
It's the best that I've ever had
Give my love to him finally

“Mmmmmm

“Finally, Finally

“Finally
Now my destiny can begin
Though we will have our differences
Something beautiful is happening, is happening
Finally
Now my life doesn't seem so bad
It's the best that I've ever had
Give my love to him finally

“Ohhhhhhh, Finally, Finally,
“Finally...”

Jasmine smiled, thinking of all the joy that had suddenly been brought into her life, and she hoped that it would never end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jasmine put the outfit back where she had found it, smiling fondly as she did so. She then decided on her blue and pink long sleeved outfit that was a two piece outfit with a flowing, layered skirt. She put it on, and then went back to her vanity and pulled her hair back with pink bands, she put her crown and her gold shoes and went down to get some breakfast, hoping Aladdin would still be there.

As it turned out, he was still sitting eating breakfast, along with Abu, Carpet, and Genie. Abu was sitting next Aladdin eating a banana. Jasmine sat on the other side of him, and started to eat too, but after only a few bites she stopped, for she had suddenly gotten a sick feeling in her stomach. Though she was still feeling somewhat hungry, she didn't feel like eating anymore. Aladdin soon noticed this when he saw that she was picking at her food instead of eating it, so he asked,

“Jasmine, are you feeling alright?”

“Of course, why do you ask?”

She shrugged, and Aladdin gave a laugh as he nodded toward her plate,

“Because you're playing with your food instead of eating it.”

“Oh, I guess I'm not that hungry. But I feel fine, I promise.”

Jasmine lied, something she knew she wasn't very good at and she knew Aladdin could always tell when she wasn't telling the truth, an ability of his that had grown to the point that he could tell if anybody was lying, an ability that was good to have as Sultan. She hated to lie to Aladdin, but she didn't want to give him something to worry about before he left, for she was sure that she would feel better in no time. Aladdin sighed, telling her that he knew that she wasn't telling the whole truth.

The next two days went by quickly, too quickly for either Jasmine nor Aladdin's liking, but they cherished every moment they could have alone together, and that time came mainly at night, one of the nights they spent at Aladdin's old hovel, where they just sat and talked for hours late into the night, Aladdin telling Jasmine more about the trip he was taking. Jasmine was grateful for all that Aladdin was telling her, for all along she had known that the trip was important, but now she knew why it was so important so soon. Jasmine was also still getting sick to her stomach in the mornings when she started eating breakfast, but as the days progressed, she felt better, which she was grateful for, for she didn't want Aladdin seeing that she didn't feel well. And because during the day she felt fine, Jasmine herself still wasn't overly concerned.

The night before Aladdin was to leave, it was a beautiful, clear night, with the many stars showing brightly. Him and Jasmine were standing on the balcony, each looking up at the night sky. Aladdin was standing with his arms encircled around her waist, with their fingers entwined. Jasmine then sighed,

“I wish you didn't have to go tomorrow.”

“I know you do, Jasmine, but you'll be okay. You'll have Genie, Abu, Carpet, and Rajah all to keep you company. The next three weeks will be over soon, and I'll be back before you know it.”

“Mmm, I hope your right,” Jasmine said, and her and Aladdin walked hand-in-hand into the bedroom.

Jasmine then sat at her vanity, and she took off her tiara and the bands in her hair, and brushed her long, silky smooth black hair. She then looked at Aladdin through the mirror, lying on the bed. She then stood and sat on the bed next to him. He was lying next to her, and she took a stray hair away from his face,

“I'm really going to miss you.”

“I'm going to miss you too, Jasmine.”

Jasmine gave the best smile she knew how at the moment, and Aladdin took his hand and brushed her hair and moved it away from her face. He then pulled her down close to him, and they kissed tenderly. Both of them knowing this would be their last night together for a while, they turned it into a night of passion, whispering words of love to eachother throughout the night.

The next day, well after the sun had risen, Aladdin and Jasmine were in the throne room, for in just moments he would be leaving. Jasmine was dressed in a cream colored, two piece sleeveless outfit with a glittering gold tiara, her hair being pulled back with gold bands.

Though, Jasmine wasn't the only one here to see Aladdin off: Carpet, Genie, and Abu were all in the throne room, also sad to see Aladdin going so far away for so long. He said goodbye to everyone, but saved his last for Jasmine, in which he asked that they could have some privacy, and the group went out to the courtyard, and Aladdin and Jasmine were the only ones in the throne room.

“Jasmine, I know it seems to you that I'm going to be gone for a long time, so I want to give you this.”

He then pulled out of his sash his father's dagger, and he held it out for her to take. Hesitating, she took it and looked at it. After a long period of silence, she looked up at him and said,

“Aladdin, I can't possibly-”

“Jasmine,” He gently cut her off, “I'm not going to be here to protect you myself, so I want you to carry this with you. If anyone tries to hurt you, if anything happens I want you to use this.”

“Why are you saying such things?”

Aladdin moved even closer to her,

“Because I want you to be prepared, and hopefully I've taught you how to do that.”

Jasmine felt tears forming as she looked down at the precious weapon in her hands. A new bravery formed within her, and she clutched the dagger tightly and looked up at her husband and said,

“You have.”

Aladdin smiled softly before taking her in his arms. He held her for a moment before taking her face in his hands and kissing her.

Aladdin was the first to break away from the kiss, knowing if it went on too much longer, he'd be tempted to just call the whole trip off, already being tempted because of how Jasmine longed for him not to go. He took her hand, and they walked down to the courtyard together, and they shared one last embrace and kiss before Aladdin and his caravan left. Jasmine stood, watching the company leave, and Abu stood on her shoulders, just as he did with Aladdin. When she could no longer see them from where she was standing, she went up to the throne room balcony, and stood there watching until dusk settled upon the city. Jasmine closed her eyes as the warmth in the wind caressed her skin, praying for Aladdin's safety, knowing he was doing the same for her, and at that moment, for being so far apart, Aladdin and Jasmine were at the same place at the same exact moment. And they both could feel eachother in one another's hearts, both smiling at this wonderful feeling.