Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Past by senna1
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
I do not own any of the characters, except Senna, Kamal and Cara. And I own Afar, but sadly not Agrabah!

I hope you like it! :)
Senna looked out from the balcony to the city of Agrabah. The sun was just coming up, beautiful rays of pink, orange, and gold lined the skies. Birds who had just woken up to start their hunt for their families chirped as a sign of the rising dawn. A cool breeze flew by and entered her room swaying her hair, moving towards her bed to where Kamal was sleeping. His eyes fluttered open. He walked over to Senna. She was still gazing at the beautiful sight, her city...her home.

“It’s nice so early in the morning, isn’t it?” Kamal asked his mouth near Senna’s ear, his chin resting upon her neck.

“Yes, it is” She replied as if she were in some kind of a trance the city had put on her, keeping her focus entirely on the awakening city.

“I think that’s why I decided to stay here, it was so much nicer than Afar” Kamal said

“Well I’m glad you did decide to stay, no matter what the reason, because if not I might have never found you again.” Senna said turning her attention to Kamal’s eyes which were now looking at the city as well.

“That would have been terrible.” Kamal said making every word softer until Senna could barely hear him.

“Yes it would have” Senna said leaning in closer to Kamal letting him kiss her gently at first then passionately, putting his arms around her waist.

Senna draped her own arms around Kamal’s neck and they just stood there kissing, holding each other, not ever wanting to let go, afraid of losing each other again.

“Ahem” Cara coughed her head poking through a small opening in the door leading to their bedroom.

“Oh, Cara why are you up so early?” Senna asked her six year old niece, pulling away from Kamal, trying to erase all evidence of what had just been going on (something too intimate for a six year old’s eyes).

“I heard something outside, like yelling.” Cara said as she came in the room and went to the window to see if what she heard had been real.

Senna and Kamal hadn’t noticed anything, so the two of them looked as well and saw a poor looking man held by some guards, the man obviously trying to fight back. Rasoul had an apple in his hands, and they could hear distant voices raised above the normal volume of speech. Senna grabbed her shoes, as did Kamal and Cara (following her) and went outside to the brawl.

“Let the man go Rasoul!” Senna said as she walked to the scene of the “victorious capture.” (Something a guard had called her arrest once)

“But your highness...” Rasoul stuttered, bowing.

Senna put her hands in her pocket and took out a coin and gave it to the merchant who had been robbed.

“I assume that this is what it was worth,” She said putting the coin in the hand of the merchant. The merchant bowed as she gave him the coin.

“And as for you,” She continued now looking at the man who had just stolen, who was confused at his current position, and looking down at the ground.

“Here” She put a few coins in the mans hands.

The man then looked up at her and she met his gaze. She took a step back as if something had hit her. This man had seemed so familiar to her. He was in his mid thirties, with slightly gray streaked hair. He had a soft look in his chocolate colored eyes that showed a painful past and much loss to come. He was built as a man who had lived on the street, a bit muscular, hard dry skin, and tanned from the constant sun beating down on his body. She shook her head to get the idea of who he had looked like out of her mind and started to go back to the palace.

The man was silent and just stood there, looking at the coins in his hand. The guards left the man and started their day from scratch, yet again.

“Where did you all go?” Aladdin asked as the three walked through the palace doors.

“Just had to clear something outside” Senna said with a shrug, as she slightly pushed Cara to her mother.

“Alright Senna, oh just so you know we’re having a meeting with the treasury advisor later today” Jasmine reminded Senna and Kamal.

“Thanks, um... I’m going up to the room” Senna said

“Yeah, me too” Kamal said following his wife with a strange look on his face.

When they got to their room Senna went to the bed and just sat on it staring at the door she had just come in from.

“Did you know that man Senna? You looked like you saw a ghost after you saw him”

“I thought I had”