Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
What Love Makes Us Do by z_a_marie
[Reviews - 1] Printer

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
This story is also posted on Fanfiction,net. I have finally completed this story There should be an update every week. I owe so much to Sarah for her help and guidance and who without I would never have finished this. This story is about what would have happened if at the end of Aladdin, Aladdin had not come back from the ends of the earth and Jasmine had been forced to marry Jafar. Feedback is appreciated. Enjoy.
WHAT LOVE MAKES US DO

Chapter one


A mantra kept on playing through Jasmine’s head. It had started the night before continued when she woke up as maids dressed her hair in preparation for the day. It went something like this

“This will save Agrabah and my father, this will save Agrabah and my father …”

On and on it repeated itself and Jasmine clung to it knowing it was the only thing that would keep her going down the path she was on which had now stopped in front of her father.

She looked towards the one that she was about to bind herself to , Jafar, he was imposing in his stance and she could see a sardonic smile playing on his lips as he sized her up. Inside her head another Jasmine was screaming at her to stop this, to not go through with it but Jasmine knew she had no choice. Jafar had made it clear to her what would happen to her father and Agrabah. He had given her options, marry him of her own free will and her father and Agrabah would not suffer or rebel and they would be destroyed and then he would marry her by force anyway. As a Princess Jasmine knew that the welfare of her people came first but as she heard her father utter the words

“And with this sacred kiss you are wed”

And the feeling of hard lips on hers she had somehow never dreamed that it would come to this.

The rest of the day passed in a blur, not unlike her ceremony in a whirl of fake smiles and congratulations and Jasmine did not fully snap out of it until she found herself in an unfamiliar bed chamber. Like the whole palace it was decorated in reds and black designs on the wall and the bed was hung with red curtains. Jasmine walked closer and realized with horror that the banisters were carved into snakes, black snakes with red ruby eyes. The whole room gave off an air of evil and Jasmine reasoned that this must be Jafar’s bed chamber no, their bed chamber. As this thought passed through Jasmine she clung on to the banisters for support. No, wasn’t it enough that she had married him, wasn’t it enough that her only love was gone but now she… she…

A scream of frustration shot through Jasmine, this was not what was supposed to happen. Today was the day in which she was meant to marry Aladdin, She spotted a black vase near the bed and in anger hurled it at the door. The loud crash it made as it shattered against the wood was satisfying but still not enough to diminish Jasmine’s anger and pain

“Now, now Jasmine was that really necessary?”

Jafar had appeared from the shadows of the door, leaving Jasmine wondering just how long he had been there. He casually walked around the pile of shattered glass at the door and further into the room. He was wearing the usual robes of red and black but they were now threaded with gold thread and made from silk. He got two glasses and poured himself a drink then offered the other to Jasmine

“To our marriage Jasmine, long may it last”

Jafar sidestepped as the glass smashed against the door, just missing him.

Jafar looked at Jasmine; she was obviously scared but was trying hard not to show it. He couldn’t quite believe it, she was his. He had managed to become Sultan and marry the Princess in one swoop. He couldn’t remember when it was that he first saw Jasmine in a new light, before she had always been just the Sultan’s daughter, a thorn in his side if truth be told for she was much sharper than her father and the fear had always been that she would realize how he was controlling the Sultan. Things had started to change when suitors came to court her, and seeing how much she had grown up and developed had brought stirrings of desire inside of him. Never had the idea of marrying her ever crossed his mind however, that is until Iago planted the idea in his head. Now he wondered why he had never thought of it, for it had been the perfect plan. Her fear for her father’s life and the duty that she perceived was her’s to protect her people would keep her compliant. It had allowed him to marry her, a thing which would have been much harder to do had she rebelled. Jafar loved to be the one in control but he also loved a challenge. A challenge which he perceived in Jasmine. There was just one more thing he needed to do

“You performed admirably today Jasmine, a true Princess sacrificing herself for her people”

“You are despicable!”


“My dear is that anyway to speak to your husband”

She head the mockery behind his words as he advanced towards her and Jasmine took a shaky breath as the distance between her and Jafar grew smaller and smaller. She could see the desire in his eyes which made her feel physically sick. When Aladdin had looked at her this way Jasmine had felt pleasure and joy at the realization that he found her beautiful but with Jafar it was so different, his desire felt evil and perverse and as the gap between them was closed the mantra of the day started in her head once more as if to remind her of why she found herself in this position.

Cowardice closed her eyes and feeling a hand on her shoulder she reserved the urge to shudder. The sensation of the light fabric of her dress shifting as it was fingered opened her eyes. What was she doing? She was letting Jafar get away with this too easily. Jasmine tensed up and Jafar must have sensed it for he tightened his grip on her as she struggled to be released.

“I told your father he should have taught you proper manners”

“I only use proper manners to those who deserve them”

Jasmine knew what he wanted, there was one more thing that needed to be done to make the marriage complete. Her eyes filled up with tears, she had thought that she would be sharing this with Aladdin. The sensation of being flung on the bed brought her back to the situation at hand. Struggling with all her might she tried to break free from the grip that had her pinned down but Jafar was stronger and Jasmine could feel her energy dropping. She knew that for all she struggled and fought in the end, one way or another Jafar would win but swore that she would not give him the satisfaction of screaming.

It was dawn when Jasmine woke, she knew instantly that Jafar had got what he wanted out of her, his hand was flung out across her crushing her to him. Jasmine felt revulsion and quietly slipped out of the bed, she needed to go somewhere were she could think about all that had happened to her and plan a defense. One night with Jafar had proved to her that she could not just sit by and do nothing, that she was not the type of person to be controlled. In her heart she knew that she would have to do something or else she would go mad.
Jasmine slowly looked around the room and wondered at what she was going to wear, normally she would just put on her normal blue outfit but when she hunted for it there was no trace of it. Opening the wardrobe she saw an array of red outfits that made her cringe for Jasmine hated the colour red as it was a constant reminder to her of Jafar. She wanted in no way to wear the outfits that they saw for they were all too revealing for her tastes but seeing that Jafar was stirring however made Jasmine’s mind up she had to get out of his presence for as long as possible. Slipping on the first outfit she saw she ran out of the room.

A/N Hope you enjoyed the chapter and reviews are greatly appreciated