Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
The Road Trip of a Lifetime by Dancer4Ever
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
  The Road Trip Of A Lifetime By Dancer4Ever

Chapter 1: I'm On My Own Now

      It was morning in Agrabah where everyone was getting ready for the day.  Aladdin and Jasmine had just woken up not long ago.  They were at the breakfast table where everyone was wondering where Lynn was.  Of course everyone expected either she was still sleeping or she was just listening to her music.  They picked the music.  Lynn's dream was to become a singer no matter what it would take to get there.  After 10 minutes later she came down.

"Good morning everyone," Lynn said.

"Good morning Lynn," replied Jasmine.

"Mother, may I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"I've heard there's this studio in LA that is looking for new singers.  And like you know that I really want to become one since people think I'm really good at it.  So I was wondering if I could go?"

"Well I don't see a problem there.  I mean if it's really important to you then..."

"You can't go." Aladdin said.

"Father, I asked Mother not you."

"Yes, but I don't want you going all the way to LA."

"Father, this could be my only chance.  Mother can understand me, but for some reason you can't."

"You have your duties as a princess to be here and help out."

"I'm tired of that princess thing.  All I want is to have a normal life as any other 16 year old teenager would.  And this is what I want to do with my life.  Not just sit around in some cooped up palace attending to this attending to that."

"Maybe your Father is right, Lynn." said Jasmine.

"No, Mother.  I'm sick and tired of you guys deciding my future instead of me.  This is my life that none of you should control except me.  I'm 16 years old and I think I should be very well trusted by now.  But I don't see why I'm explaining all this to you guys when none of you really care.  Forget it."

"Lynn, come back here," Jasmine said.

"Just leave me alone," yelled Lynn.

"You know, Aladdin, she does have a point," Jasmine said.

"I'm not about to let my daughter go to LA all by herself when there could be danger out there," said Aladdin as he walked to the menagerie.

"There won't be any danger."

"Jasmine, who knows who could pop out of nowhere, Mozenrath, Mirage, Abis Mal, anybody.  I'm not losing my daughter."

 Later that night, when everyone was asleep, Lynn was packing her bags.

"I'm not giving up on my dream.  I'm just going to have to do this by myself," Lynn said.

As soon as she left a note by her mother's nightstand she headed out of the palace for LA.  The problem was how was she going to get there?  Would she be able to make it in time?  What people would she meet?  All those questions would be answered very soon.

                                                                                                                                                                                          

The next morning in Agrabah, Jasmine had just woken up to find a note saying:

                Dear Mother and Father,

    I have decided that I am just going to travel to LA by myself...without your help.  I know I am doing the wrong thing to you guys, but to me it's the right thing to do.  I can't give up my dream and I won't.  Please don't send anyone after me because I will not come back until my dream is fulfilled.  I love you both very much.

                                                    Love, Lynn

Jasmine was shocked at Lynn after she had read the note, but she knew Lynn really wanted to do it and wasn't going to let Aladdin find out just yet.  That is if he doesn't find out on his own.

"Where is Lynn?" Aladdin asked.

"Umm.. she might still be sleeping or singing," Jasmine said trying not to let Aladdin know she knew something.  But Aladdin could tell something was wrong by the look on his wife's face.

"Jasmine, where is she?"

Jasmine sighed.  "She is on her way to LA."

"WHAT?  WHO GAVE HER PERMISSION?" Aladdin said angrily.

"No one except herself.  She snuck out last night since this note was on my nightstand," Jasmine replied handing the note to Aladdin to let him read it.  When he had finished he walked around trying to think of what to do.

"Let me guess you're not angry?" Aladdin asked.

"I am mad at her for sneaking out at night for not letting anyone know where she was going, but I am not going to keep her away from her dream.  I think everyone deserves a chance to fulfill their dream.  My dream was to get married to someone wonderful and guess what?  That came true," Jasmine said.

"Get dressed.  We're going after her," Aladdin said.

As soon as everyone was ready, Aladdin, Jasmine, and the rest of the gang headed out on Carpet to find Lynn.  The question was where would she be?

                                                                                                                                                                                       

Chapter 2: Meeting New Friends

(*) = One of the characters is thinking.

    As Lynn was out of the deserts and on a road that she had never seen before, she sat down thinking how she was going to get there in time for the audition and how was her parents taking it on her leaving the palace without permission.  She knew when she got back, she was going to have to deal with her Father all about it, but she was willing to listen.  As she started to get up, a girl had bumped into her.

"Oh I'm so sorry," Lynn said.

"It's really not a problem.  My name is Mimi.  What's your name?" asked Mimi.

"Lynn.  Who are they in the car?"

"Oh, they're Kit and Ben.  We're on our way to LA.  See there's this audition there and Kit and I are going to be lead singers while Ben gets a band together for music."

"Oh my gosh!  I'm going to LA for the same thing!" said Lynn.

"Really?  Well maybe you could ride behind us," Mimi said.

"Umm... actually I don't have any transportation to get to LA," replied Lynn.

"Oh, well hop in the back seat.  There's room for one more!" said Mimi.

"Ok!" Lynn said.

When Lynn went to put her bags in the trunk, Ben came around helping her out.

"So, you must be Lynn, right?" asked Ben.

"Yeah, you're right," replied Lynn as she hopped in the car.

"Come on Ben!  Let's go already!" Mimi said.

And they were off, to LA.  Lynn was so happy she bumped into Mimi.  Ben seemed quite nice.  She hadn't heard a peep out of Kit yet.  But she figured she would soon.  As she looked up in the sky, she saw Carpet fly by.  She ducked down below and put her hat on so she wouldn't be recognized.  Fortunately, no one thought she'd be in a car so Carpet kept moving on. 

*Oh great.  My parents are looking for me.  Why am I not surprised?*

                                                                                                                                                                                       

Meanwhile we go back to Aladdin, Jasmine, and the gang. 

"She must walk pretty fast cause we haven't seen her in a day!!!" Genie said.

"We have to find her soon!" Aladdin said.

"Aladdin, you're worried aren't you?" Jasmine asked.

"No... of course not.  Why would I be worried?"

"Because our daughter's on a road trip and you're thinking a villain or a homicidal maniac is going to pop up right in front of her and kidnap her.  I've been your wife long enough to know what's bothering you."

"Alright, but can you blame me for being worried?" asked Aladdin.

"Hmm... I guess not," Jasmine said.

As they rode along Carpet, all of them knew they had to keep up high hopes to find Lynn.  They had to find her and they will find her.  But exactly where?

                                                                                                                                                                                        

Chapter 3: Appearances Can Be Deceiving

It was night and Ben had had enough for one day.  All day he had listened to girl talk and everything. 

"Why did we stop?  LA's longer than this," Mimi said.

"I'm tired," said Ben.

"Then let someone else drive," Mimi said.

"No, no one drives the car, but me," Ben said.

"Where are we going to sleep?" asked Lynn.

"There's a field over there.  I have sleeping bags and a tent in the trunk," Ben said.

"A field?!  People like me do not sleep in fields.  I have a reputation to keep you know.  I saw a sign for a hotel back there," said Kit.

The next morning, everyone went in the bathroom to get ready for the day. 

"Gosh, Ben is so cute!" Kit said.  "Don't you think he's cute?"

"He's ok," Lynn said.

"I just can't believe he was in jail," said Kit.

"WHAT?!?!?" asked Lynn.

"Yeah, I mean he killed a guy," Kit said.

"Excuse me?!?!?  He killed someone and you guys didn't tell me?!?!?!?" asked Lynn.

"Lynn, don't worry about it.  Just chill," said Mimi.

"I'm on a road trip with a killer and you're telling me to chill?!?!?" Lynn said.

"Shhh!!!  He might hear us!!!!" Kit said.

Lynn, Kit, and Mimi peeked the door opened.  They were satisfied that Ben was playing his guitar and that there was no way he could have heard them.

"Mimi do you know him at all?" asked Lynn.

"Well, he used to hang out with my ex-boyfriend," Mimi said.

When everyone's heading to the car, Lynn had made a plan to stay away from Ben as possible.

"Hey, you all ready to go?" asked Ben.

"Uh huh," said Lynn.

"Want to ride up in front with me?"

"Oh, no.  The backseat's fine."

As they started on the road again, Lynn was thinking.

*Oh, great.  So far, this road trip is pretty much a bummer.  First, my parents are looking for me and now I'm in a car with a homicidal maniac.  What else could go wrong?*

                                                                                                                                                                                       

Meanwhile, we join, once again, Aladdin, Jasmine, and the rest of the gang.

"Aladdin, can we rest for a minute?" asked Jasmine.

"Alright.  Carpet, stop," said Aladdin.  "I still can't believe Lynn went out on us like that.  Why wouldn't she ask me?"

"Because, every time she asks you something it's always no.  You need to trust her into doing more things," said Jasmine.

"I guess you're right," Aladdin said.

"Aw, isn't this nice?  We're all getting along and changing things.  Well, I'm about to change your plans!"

"Mozenrath!" Aladdin said.

"Yes, muah!  Once your daughter finds out that you're missing, she'll come for you and then revenge will come!  Say good-bye to the outside world!" Mozenrath said as everyone disappeared to his Citadel. 

                                                                                                                                                                                       

Chapter 4: All Things Fall Down Hill

(-) = Lynn's writing in her journal.

        Another day starts to go by as Lynn, Mimi, Kit, and Ben travel through Louisiana.  Everything seems to be going just fine well at least for everyone except Lynn.  But she just kept things to herself as she wrote in her journal.

   -Well at least he isn't talking to me.  I just can't believe he killed somebody.  I mean, I've never really been outside the walls of Agrabah so should I trust him?  Mimi, she seems to be really nice, even though she and Kit fights all the time.  Oh brother now Kit's going to brush her hair.  Geez and I thought some of the people in the palace were so stuck up...not to mention any names.-

"Hey, what are you writing in there?" asked Ben.

"Stuff," replied Lynn.

"Lynn, are you mad at me or something?  I mean, you're not talking to me," said Ben.

"Of course I'm not mad at you," Lynn lied. "Why would I be mad at you?  I don't even know you."

      Just as Ben was about to say something to Lynn, smoke started to come out of the car.  Ben stopped along the road as everyone got out of the car to see what was wrong.  Ben tried to touch something in the car, but it was too hot for him.  As he looked under the car, he noticed water coming out. 

"It's probably the radiator.  We need to call a tow truck to come get us and get the car fixed," said Ben.

"And exactly how much will that be?" asked Mimi.

"Well since it's a classic, I'd say about $350," said Ben.

"Ah hah.  Great.  Just great," said Kit.

2 hours later, they're still waiting for a tow truck.  Mimi and Kit start to get cranky while Lynn's writing in her journal. 

"Ok, how long does it take a tow truck to get here?" asked Kit impatiently.

"It's only been gone for 2 hours.  It will get here," Lynn said.

"I'm hungry," complained Mimi.

"Even if the tow truck did get here, we still don't have the money," Kit said.

"I'm hungry," Mimi complained.

"Look, we'll find a way to get the money.  I know we will," Lynn said.

"I'm really hungry," Mimi complained again.

"ALRIGHT!  WE HEARD YOU, YOU'RE HUNGRY!  SO WHAT?" Kit yelled

"Kit calm down," Lynn said.

"Yeah, Kit.  You're really being a pain," Mimi said.

"Me?!? Me being a pain? Yeah, right.  I'm not the one saying 'I'm hungry' a million times!  Besides, I have a reputation to keep.  You're just jealous.  I'm not blind.  I see how girls like you look at me," Kit said.

"Girls like me?" Mimi asked.

"I can't help it I'm popular so just buzz off," Kit said.

"Girls like me?!?" Mimi said.

"Yes, girls like you," Kit said.

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" Mimi said as she tackled Kit to the cement of the road.

"CUT IT OUT MIMI!  YOU'RE BEING STUPID!" Kit yelled.

"I DON'T CARE!  YOU DESERVE THIS!" Mimi said.

"GUYS GUYS!  KNOCK IT OFF!" Lynn yelled.  "Gosh, I'm so sick of you two yelling every freaking second of the day!  For once, can you guys get along?!?"

"I don't even know why I invited you on this trip, Kit," Mimi said.

"Well, I know this, we don't belong together," Lynn said as the tow truck finally came.

       When they all arrived at the gas station, they still were fighting while Ben on the other hand was getting annoyed, but kept his mouth shut.

"That's it.  I'm calling a cab to get me out of here," Lynn said.

"What?" Mimi, Ben, and Kit said.

"I'm sorry.  Look even though I don't know you guys, it seems to me we don't belong together.  Plus, how would we even get the money?" Lynn said as she dialed the number to the nearest cab company. 

"Lynn, please hang up the phone.  I have an idea," Mimi said.  Lynn didn't respond.

"Please, just hang up the dang phone," Mimi said.  "I really do have an idea."

"It better be good," Lynn said in a calm voice as she hung up the phone.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

         As the gang struggled to get free, Mozenrath took Jasmine with him.

"Once your daughter finds out that you're missing, she'll come running and then...Ooo this is my favorite part she gets killed.  And then Jasmine will have a new husband," Mozenrath said.

"LEAVE JASMINE AND LYNN ALONE MOZENRATH," Aladdin yelled.

"Make me," Mozenrath said.

"You'll never get away with this, Mozenrath!  And I will never be your wife!" Jasmine said.

"Just watch me, Jasmine," Mozenrath said.  "Mamluks, take the prisoners away while I discuss our future with my fiancee'."

Jasmine watched as Aladdin and the rest of the gang were being taken away.

                                                                                                                                                                                      

Sneak Peak at Chapter 5
     The girls enter a contest to earn enough money to fix the car.  At the contest, Lynn finds out more about Ben.  What will Lynn have to say this time?  With the gang captured, Mozenrath tells Jasmine he needs her to write a message to Lynn as he knows where she is to get it to her!  What will happen next?