Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
New Challenge by Merkal
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
"Wait sir!" Fazaal cached up with the merchant feeling sorry for the poor man wanting to help him. His appointment with his friend and cousin Merkal could wait a little longer knowing that Merkal would understand why he was going to be late. The young man stopped the merchant, "What's the matter?" He wanted too know why the lad stopped him. Fazaal grabbed on of the handles and said, "Please sir let me help you. I pull and you push." The merchant didn't know what too say, he wasn't used to get unexpected help from someone.

"That's kindly of, you're a good boy, but the cart is too heavy for you too move," the merchant said studying Fazaal. "Let me try sir, I want to help you." The merchant nodded ,understanding this lad is headstrong, and stepped away from his cart. Fazaal grabbed the handles tightly and pulled, the cart didn't move. "It's heavier then I thought." Fazaal tried again and a third time. The merchant smiled kindly grateful for the help. "What's your name, lad?"
Fazaal whipped the sweat of his face, "Fazaal."
"I'm Makeen here let me help," Makeen walked behind the cart, placed his back against the wood and pushed and slowly the wheels rolled one turn but rolled back again.

"I push and you pull, Fazaal, together we get this cursed in motion," Makeen suggested. Soon the cart was at the palace gate, Makeen explained the on duty guards what his purpose for being there was and that Fazaal was so nice help. The guards praised Fazaal for his help and let the two enter the palace. From there servants took over the heavy cart and moved it too the loading dock, where all carts where loaded on and off. That gave Makeen and Fazaal time to have a break top drink, eat and talk getting to know each other better. Makeen asked Fazaal to tell him some more about him. Fazaal was told about his cousin Merkal and his girlfriend Crystal and a little about their adventures together. They separated at the palace gate but before that Makeen gave Fazaal a bag with money to thank him. Fazaal kindly refused the gift with the words "You better keep it and save it for a horse," and headed toward Merkal's home. Pleased that he not only did a good deed but also made a new friend.

Fazaal explained why he was so late his cousin understood and said he would have done the same. "Fazaal I asked you to come to offer you a deal, a business deal. As you know I'm often away on adventures with Yesenia but my stand is closed, sometimes run by a fellow merchants or you, but still it's not making any profit. I need too make a living for me and maybe someday for Yesenia too but with a closed stand," Fazaal could tell it was bothering his cousin."That's why I decided to sell my stand and open up a shop with the same kitchen goods and some more things. I found a buyer for my stand and a place to open up the shop. A market merchant, that I know well, is going to leave Agrabah and I can buy his shop. I only have to renovate it. To make a long story short, the other merchants on the market are speaking very high about you as merchant. And because there's no one else I can ask," Merkal said with a slight grin on his face.
"My offer is that I want you to be my business partner in this shop. You get, of course, part of the profit however you have to invest a few coins but if we work hard enough we can make it a success," Merkal waited Fazaal's answer.

"Wow Merkal that's... I'm not sure what to say about it. I'm grateful that you think of me but I need time to think about it. I mean I'm just a few weeks 18 I think I'm too young to run a shop." Fazaal scratched his head. Merkal said reassuring his cousin, "It's okay you don't have to decide right away. Take time to think about it. It will be a few weeks before the paperwork is done and after that a couple of days before I'm official owner of the shop." Merkal handed his cousin a scroll and book. "On the scroll is a detailed plan of our cooperation and in the book all the rules and such you should know before you give me an answer. You can stay here with me for a while I've a feeling you want too spend some time with Crystal." Fazaal still not comprehending everything that just happened nodded and said, "yes I haven't seen in a month."

Merkal stood up "I'm going to check on Rafeek, change and meet Yesenia for a drink. You've a few hours until dusk before I'm back. Act like you're home well this is your second home isn't it," Merkal didn't wait for an answer he left leaving his cousin behind with the scroll and book. Minutes past before Fazaal was starting to understand it all. "That's something, me owner of a shop here in Agrabah." He rolled the scroll open and read Merkal's plan. The shop would be called Merkal & Co and as slogan 'Everything for the modern Arabian kitchen' the name might be changed later into something better that's one of the subjects that where open for discussion. Fazaal looked up from the scroll hearing Merkal come in again.
"And what do you think of it till now," Merkal asked while heading to the bathroom to wash himself. "I haven't read much!" Fazaal hollered above the clanging water. "Only the name!"
"Can be changed I don't like it to much either but it's the best I could think of," they talked some more while Merkal changed.
Fazaal had a few questions about it. "It says that next too pots, pans, spoons, plates, glass..." He paused to getting his breath, "bottles, stone bottles, forks and cups. There will be new items introduced. What sort items?"
"I was thinking about cooking books and scrolls. And I want to start a huge collection of knives for every occasion and sort food," Merkal explained coming out of his room to get something. "You look very nice Merkal," Fazaal complimented him. "But I'm sure Yesenia doesn't really care too much on how you look. In her eyes you're handsome just like you say she's beautiful. Go and have a good time," Fazaal stood up and walked to his cousin pushing him too the door. "But Yesenia is beautiful. Thank you, cousin, I will till later"

With Merkal gone Fazaal had time to read trough the book, it wasn't a thick book. One of the rules that he should be over 18 to start a shop another one was that it was permitted by the law to start a stand on the age of 12 with permission of parents. A good thing too or Merkal and Aabad wouldn't have to eat. Fazaal thought.

The hours passed quickly before Fazaal knew it he heard the door. Merkal was back and he had brought Yesenia with him. They exchanged greetings Yesenia said it was good too see her friend again and that Crystal is missing him. "I know, I miss her too I step by soon," his friends could hear it in his voice he really is missing her. "She would like that. She's been quiet lately," Yesenia said sincerely. The young sorceress and her merchant boyfriend left the place minutes later. "It was good seeing you again, Yesenia. Tell Crystal I step by tomorrow morning, don't say that Merkal offered me to be his partner. I want to talk with her about that myself," Fazaal said before she left.

"Okay, but I think you should accept it. It sounds like a good deal to me," she answered then went trough the door going down a small stairs outside the house to get on ground level Merkal followed right behind her.

"Do you think he will do it?" Yesenia asked Merkal walking back to her home. "I'm not sure but he seems like my offer. But if he doesn't do it I've to find another partner." Merkal spoke deep in his thoughts.
"Me!" Yesenia said cheerful. "What?" Merkal wasn't listing. "Make me your partner, I can spice up the shop," She said smiling with a twinkle in her eyes. Merkal knew that twinkle very well she had that twinkle always when she had a plan or idea that was naughty or funny in the Yesenia way. Merkal laughed, "I might do that, but you are already my partner." He smiled.
"You're my girlfriend."
She blushed a little softly, almost as whisper, she said. "That's true." Merkal took her hand in his and hand in hand they walked to Yesenia's home.

"Fazaal!" Crystal ran to Fazaal and threw her arms around his neck hugging him. "Hi Crystal." He said hugging her back. "I've missed you." They both said at the same time they laughed and released each other. "How are you?" Fazaal asked she looked great in his eyes. "I'm doing great now but a few days ago I was a little depressed." Crystal saw the concern in Fazaal's eyes, "what happened?" he asked. "I missed you then I heard from Merkal who was over that you where coming to town that made me so happy."

"That's true she was floating in the air, I' taught her that trick." Yesenia said coming into the living room. "I'll be gone in a second, need something." Yesenia said quickly knowing that they wanted to be alone.

"How long are you going too stay?" Crystal said hopeful that his answer would be that he was going too stay long. "A few days, maybe even allot longer." Fazaal said mysterious. "What's allot longer?" Crystal got a feeling Fazaal had news. Also because of the day before Merkal and her sister where acting strange when she asked about Fazaal. "Like forever." Fazaal was smiling. "Forever?! Why forever, what makes that you stay forever and where are you going too be forever?" Crystal fired the questions so fast Fazaal didn't even got a chance to start. "Easy, easy I tell you everything." He told her about the letter he got from Merkal; he wanted to do his cousin an offer. The plan Merkal presented too him, the scroll with the details and the book with the rules. Yesenia's opinion about it and how he wanted too tell Crystal in person. "What do you think about it? Should I do it?"
"Of course you should do it Fazaal! That doesn't only mean you've a steady income, I've no doubts that you and Merkal will make the shop a success but that also means we can see each other whenever we like!" Crystal shouted out it was a shout of excitement. "I was thinking the same but my parents." Fazaal paused. "I don't think they'll come back to Agrabah, after what happened with Thamir." "But that's more then 15 years ago, people have forgotten about it long ago." Crystal knew the story about the accident between Fazaal's father, Jed, and the rich man Thamir. On her first visit at Fazaal's parents she heard the whole story. Together with Jed they then returned to Agrabah to find Thamir and talk it out. They never found him.
"Before I make a decision I want to talk with mom and dad about it, it would be great if you could come with me."

Fazaal didn't even have to say it, Crystal agreed right way and said that she was happy to go and see Fazaal's parents again. Fazaal was very happy that she would go with him that way he got too spend time with her alone. Fazaal told Crystal's parents and his cousin he told Yesenia and Aabad. Aisha and Abdul expressed their concern but Fazaal promised to bring Crystal back save and sound. "Mother, father. They'll be fine, my little sister has some magic of her own." Yesenia said winking at her sister who made the illusion of a monster. "Any thief or whatever would be so scared they do it in their pants." Crystal said with a smirk.
Fazaal watched from a distance how Crystal said her good-bye's to her family, somehow he had the feeling Abdul and Aabad trust Merkal more when he and Yesenia went on a trip then Fazaal and Crystal. His best guess was because they where older.
Within a week Fazaal and Crystal where back they had a guest with them. Jed decided to do a last attempt to find Thamir to ask him for forgiveness. If he could forgive him Jed and his wife would return to Agrabah. If they didn't Jed would stay in Jarimah he and his wife Alliya wouldn't prevent their son for chasing after his dreams and to turn them into reality. Fazaal knew that.

The next days Fazaal and Crystal searched in the west and south neighborhoods of Agrabah asking many people of they knew Thamir. Some could help them others didn't meanwhile Merkal and Abdul searched the other neighborhoods of the city. Yesenia however had another idea. She went to the palace to ask two friends for their help in search for the man.
"Of course we'll help you, Yesenia." Jasmine said walking too Yesenia to welcome her. "Thank you Jasmine it means allot too Fazaal if his parents could return to Agrabah." Yesenia said sincerely. "You're our friend and we're always there for friend if they need help, Fazaal is your sisters boyfriend and Merkal's cousin that makes him also a friend. Please invite him and Crystal over for dinner tonight." Aladdin said sitting on his throne. "And you and Merkal are also invited. Fazaal can has too tell us everything." Jasmine said happy that she got to see Crystal again.

"They invited us?!" Fazaal hollered surprised he never thought that he, a common guy, would be invited by the sultan himself. "Aladdin and Jasmine are wonderful people, they're so kind and full of compassion." Yesenia said smiling. Merkal nodded, "Yesenia's is right Aladdin and Jasmine are the two most kind people I know. If a friend needs help they never send him/her away they do everything they can too help them." Ever Merkal was finished speaking Crystal said, "Don't worry Fazaal, they're not snobbish if you didn't know they're royalty you would think they're common people. They treat everyone as their equal."

The moon was high on the black sky, from the balcony bounded at the throne room Fazaal stood Agrabah seemed so peaceful and quiet so much unlike the busy city during the day hours. He turned back inside to join his friends at the dinner table in the dining room that was located near the throne room. He sat down next too his girl friend across Merkal with Yesenia sitting next too him sitting across of Crystal and at the head of the table sat Aladdin with Jasmine on the length side. "Yes that's right here at the palace we keep a record on everyone that lives in Agrabah. It's almost in possible too keep up. I've respect for the 3 dozen people that do it. If Thamir still lives here or has relatives living in Agrabah there's a good chance they're registered here."
"I calculate the chance of finding him on 77,42 percent." Genie said doing something with a strange looking device he called calculator.
"So Fazaal you said Merkal wants you to become his partner in a shop? Do you have by any chance the papers with you?" Aladdin asked. Getting surprised looks from his common friends. The prince looked around the table, "yes that's right you don't know it yet but this former street rat has been attending allot of teaching in the past years. At some point I realized that a street rat couldn't become sultan just because he married the sultan's daughter." He gave Jasmine a smile, she smiled back Aladdin cleared his throat. "The best tutors and wise men in Agrabah and the seven deserts shared their knowledge with me. And I admit it wasn't always easy to sit down and listen when my adventures spirit wants to beat up monsters but at the end I'm glad I went trough it." With that explained Fazaal handed Aladdin Merkal's offer Aladdin read it carefully while all eyes where pointed at him. After a while he rolled the scroll up and placed it before him on the table. He gazed at Fazaal for what seemed like an eternity. "In my opinion Fazaal, this offer is...." He paused the tension was hard too stand. "So what's the offer!" Merkal couldn't stand it anymore. "Calm good Merkal." Aladdin spoke the next moment he felt Jasmine's elbow in his ribs. "Aladdin stop teasing them!" he laughed "okay, the offer is one of the best I've read." Jasmine picked up the scroll and read it. "I've too agree with Aladdin. You should do it."
Fazaal thanked them from their advice and opinion he said their opinion means a lot too him. The rest of the evening was really nice Fazaal, Crystal, Merkal and Yesenia had a great time with their friends. On top of that the royal twins came running into the dinning room yelling and laughing. Jasmine excused herself for their behavior. "Normally they're sweet and well mannered." Yesenia laughed "Don't worry about it I know how little kids can be I've babysitting a some and I've been a kid too and of course Crystal."
Crystal gave her sister a look "What do you mean with that!"
"You're good for headaches as little girl."

"Calm you two, we boys where also very busy. To say the least" Fazaal said thinking back at what he remembered of his own childhood playing with his friends and his older cousin Merkal. "Well they grown-ups always put in charge of keeping you out of trouble, what wasn't always easy." Then they noticed that the twins where quiet, Raneek had pushed himself between the guys while Lunah sat on Yesenia's lap listing too their stories.
"We want to hear more stories!" Raneek hollered. "I want more stories too!" his sister agreed.
"Raneek, Lunah it's way after bedtime for you, too bed." Jasmine said on her friendly mother tone. "Pleassseeeee!" they begged their parents. "Well okay one story then." Aladdin finally agreed when the twins threw themselves on top of him.
"Children if it's okay with your parents one of us will come in the following 3 days too tell you a story about when we where your age." Yesenia said.

Aladdin and Jasmine agreed and during the next three evenings the twins got to hear a story. The same night Yesenia had too tell them a story with morale how she was teased so much because she posed magic. The twins really felt sorry for her and tried to make her feel better with a firm hug then she had too show them a magic trick. The next evening it was Fazaal's turn he told them how he and a friend once tricked a merchant. It was a funny story and the twins had a great time with Fazaal. Next was Crystal who told them a story about one of the headaches she caused her older sister and parents. Because they where so quiet, Jasmine had too agree with that, Crystal told them an extra story about her horse and promised to show them Wild Diamond sometime.
Finally on the 3rd evening it was Merkal's turn to tell a story too the twins he told them about his father Omar who was a great man and though not rich his true worth was his mind. He was very smart and teaches Merkal many lessons about life. The twins where very impressed by this story and Merkal had to promise them to come back another time with Yesenia because they're so cute together. Merkal smiled and promised them that and they got too see his new shop when it opens. "But first Fazaal have too say yes."
"Oh don't worry I talked him too do it." Raneek said looking proud on what he's done.

During the days after dinner at the palace and with the help of the register it was Thamir was quickly found. Together with Merkal Fazaal and Jed went too the man's home. The clouded sky cleared up making room for a blue sky shining in the sun. Jed knocked a woman opened the door "Can I help you?" she asked the three man on the doorstep.
"Yes I'm Jed and this is my son Fazaal, we're wondering if Thamir was home," he said friendly.
"What do you want with my father," the woman asked fiercely. She wore a nice but old dress that had holes and tears all over. She had short hair something Fazaal didn't see too often with woman's her age or younger. She didn't look much older then Yesenia was now, mid twenties. Jed and Fazaal explained why they wanted to talk with Thamir.

"My father is sick, I ask him if he's feeling up to receiving you." The woman who said her name was Marie turned away closing the door behind her.
"What do you think of her, son?"
"I don't know, she doesn't trust us."
The door opened, "Father wants to talk with you." Marie said without any expression in her voice. She led the two men trough the house too a curtain separating what was behind it and the rest of the house since there where no other doors other then the front door. "My father rests in the room behind this curtain." Maria pushed the curtain away.

Fazaal saw a small chamber it couldn't be called a room so small was it. It smelled like it hasn't been used for years, a muggy smell. A comfortable but old looking chair, a small table, shelves and a bed was all there was. Fazaal stepped inside following his dad's footsteps. A total of 3 shelves carried some books and a half burned up candle.
"Hello Thamir, do you remember me? Jed." Something moved on the bed near the small window. A ragged curtain blocked most daylight what explained why it was so dark inside the room. "Yes I remember you, I might be sick but my memory is still good." A figure, Thamir, sat up straight on the edge of the bed. Fazaal couldn't see his face but he knew the sick man was looking at him and his father.
"Then you also know why I've come here." Jed said with his head up straight but Fazaal could tell he wasn't comfortable facing Thamir again after so many years. "Yes, you want to know if I forgave you for what you done too me." Thamir breathed heavy.
My father didn't do anything he only cut your arm with his sword but that was an accident besides it wasn't a deep cut it's not like he cut of your whole arm, Fazaal wanted too say but kept his mouth not knowing how Thamir or Marie would react.
"Why move back to this cursed place, you've a life in another city you should be happy with it," Thamir spoke he voice was trembling, maybe of anger or pain. "My son, Fazaal, is building a life for him here and he wants me and my wife part of that." Jed explained he was getting annoyed by Thamir stubbornness and keeping him in suspense.
"Come here, boy," Fazaal did as he was told. Now able too see Thamir's face. It was an old face, a face that has seen and felt pain, a sick face.
"How old are you, are you married?"
"I just turned 18 and I'm not married but someday I will, sir" Fazaal answered polite.
"Good."
"Please forgive my father, it was an accident." Fazaal pleaded. Thamir groaned and lay down again.

"Forgiven." He said then a snoring sound fill the room he had fallen asleep.

"You heard my father, he forgave you now leave and don't come back or I'll call the guards to arrest you and your father." The fierce voice of Thamir's daughter spoke pushing Jed out of the room then waited with crossed arms and a straight face for Fazaal. He looked one more time at the sleeping person, "Thank you" he whispered then stepped toward Marie passing by a picture frame on a shelf. Somehow it caught his attention he took it too look at it. "Put that down!" Feeling something hitting his arm Fazaal quickly put it down and looked at the daughter she had a broom in her hands and wasn't afraid too use. "Leave!" she said.

Silent they left the house Marie closed the door behind their backs so loud Thamir has to be woken by the smash. "Now that's taken care of nothing stands in your way to accept Merkal's offer." Jed said too his son while they headed back to Merkal's place where everyone waited eagerly. "Still it's strange how it went, Thamir was acting different how I expected he would react and then this daughter Marie she didn't like us the moment we opened our mouths. It won't stop me of accepting my cousin's offer and build a living for me and for my future wife and child." Fazaal smiled having his future lay out in his head knowing it would be a great one.

"He really forgave you?" Jed's wife asked her husband. Jed just nodded his head, "That's great a burden fall of this family it's shoulders." She kissed her 'men' on the cheek then Jed placed his arm around her waist and said, "Yes I feel free, it's the first day of the rest of our son's future." Crystal smiled at her boyfriend's parents she knew she would be part of that future though neither of them where ready for marriage she knew that eventually she would become Mrs. Crystal Elissa Kahill Izmet. She hugged Fazaal "I'm so happy."
Yesenia second that by saying, "It's great." Aabad and Crystal's parents agreed finally Merkal spoke he had been standing next too Yesenia, without holding her hand like he usually did.

"Fazaal does this mean you accept my offer?"
"Yes"
"Thank you, cousin." Merkal shook hands with his cousin. The girls smiled and exchanged looks their men where going into business together.
"Merkal about the name. I've been thinking about that what do you think of the Arabian Kitchen?" Merkal's gazed away lost in his thoughts. "Merkal," Yesenia's voice snapped him out of his thoughts. "Huh? Yes I like that name we should keep the name," he quickly said smiling at Yesenia realizing he stared at his girlfriend.

The guys got help of the girls, the parents, a bunch of friends and Sadira. Together they had Arabian Kitchen ready in less then a month.
It was hard work but it was worth it then one evening after the works-team went home Merkal stayed behind. He didn't really know why he stayed alone he had told Crystal, she was the last one leaving, that he would come in a minute and that she should head home. That minute turned out too be much longer. The building had a first floor for the owner to life in it was not big 2 small and one bigger room. The wall between a small and the big room was broken trough to create space for storage. The second small room was going to be turned into an office. Merkal was there in that room it had a very small balcony not even big enough for a chair but just right for two people too stand on.

Merkal was on that balcony looking up at the dark sky, the sun had set hours ago.
"Night has something peaceful in it," he said too the stars twinkelings high above the city.
Night has the rest and silence Merkal liked to think. He could be often found on the rooftop of Aabad's house looking up at the night sky. A voice broke the silence Merkal he was tired thought he was imagining things when he saw his girlfriend standing behind him. Only her outlines could be seen against the candle light coming from behind. She was standing in the door way close to Merkal.
"Yesenia, am I sleeping or is it really you?" he asked confused.
The figure stepped out next too Merkal, "It's me what are you doing here this late? I went to your place but only Rafeek was there." Her perfume, the scent of roses told Merkal wasn't seeing things. Yesenia wasn't the only young woman having the smell of roses around her, the princess had the scent often around her. Yesenia's scent was different the bottle was enhanced by magic.

"What's that scent my nose picks up?"
"What scent?" Yesenia asked just coming out of her room going too her friend. "Roses but not the normal scent of roses," Merkal spoke sniffing around the hallway where they stood.

"Oh I know what you're talking about."
"What?" Merkal asked his attention focused on Yesenia's face. "It's my new perfume, roses I've discovered I can enhance it with my magic."
Merkal looked confused she laughed softly almost embarrassed, "I don't really know. It feels good doing things different then the rest. Do you like it?" She didn't know why she was asking that either.
"Yes, it's a nice smell," the boy said too his friend inhaling her perfume again.

"Merkal?" Yesenia's voice brought Merkal back to the balcony in the present. "Oh sorry, caught up in a memory," he apologized. The light was barely enough too see Yesenia smiling. "I know and it was a pleasant one."
"But you asked me what I'm doing here. Just thinking about stuff. It's a big step too the rest of my, and your, future." He shared with her his thoughts; it wasn't the first time something like this took place between Merkal and Yesenia. During the many years they knew each other they shared countless moments like these, Merkal being alone outside in the cool night air thinking when suddenly Yesenia is next too him asking him, not necessarily by words, too share his thoughts with her. They could talk for hours till early in the morning. It was one of those moments, Merkal wasn't worried the shop wouldn't be a success he was more concerned about the next years. He told her he wasn't sure he would be a good husband or even father with so many years without a role model, his late father. Yesenia convinced him that when the moment came he would marry, she had no doubts about that, and he would be a great husband and a wonderful daddy. She teased him about chancing diapers in the middle of the night or rocking the baby to sleep.

The sorceress and the merchant stayed at the shop the whole evening. A cool breeze made both of them shiver. It got to cold to stay outside on the small balcony. Inside they lit more candles to make it warmer and create a comfortable, cozy, romantic province. Time passed without either one noticing it that they where getting sleepy. "We should go home now, it's late," Merkal said to Yesenia getting up from his chair to blow out some candles "I hear something down stairs," she whispered in a flash Merkal was back at her side listing. "I don't hear anything," his voice was a low as Yesenia's was. They went checking, Merkal first Yesenia right behind him. She put a spell on them, the stairs didn't peep under their weight. At the bottom they hold still listening again at first nothing could be heard except their own breathing but then a sound like something was being put down, something heavy. A vase maybe.

"We need light," Merkal whispered in the socceres her ear she raised her hand a glowing sphere appeared and floated into the air where it stayed. It was so bright it lit the whole room more then 3 torches could do. Someone was standing there, a man, he looked up, panicked he headed too the door Merkal went after him but tripped and fell. The burglar escaped trough the doors. "Are you all right?" Yesenia asked concerned about Merkal who was back on his feet already.
"I'm fine but the burglar escaped."
"Don't worry about it I think my magic scared him away. He's probably thinking this place is cursed. Come lets go home," she took Merkal by the hand and dragged him out. While Merkal was locking the door he said. "Can't I hire you as burglar alarm?" Yesenia laughed together they went too Yesenia's home they kissed their goodbye's at the door. Yesenia went in side while Merkal went too his own home to get a few hours sleep.

Twentythree sunsets after Fazaal said yes too his cousin's proposal the 4 friends stood in front of the shop. With the words 'Arabian Kitchen' proudly hanging on the wall right above the doors that lead into the shop. They where still covered by a cloth a rope leading down ready to be pulled away to officially open Arabian Kitchen.

The shop had a wide entrance with two doors that rested on a rail so they could be pushed apart. The entrance was placed in the center of the shop's wall. On the right side was a window displaying the reduced items, they where for sale.
"Well, partner, let's go in and open up the shop shall we?" Fazaal said taking resort to go inside the shop but Merkal stopped him. "Not so fast, partner" he had this look on his face telling anyone that knew he had a plan in mind. "Let Yesenia and Crystal have the honor to do the opening." With a move of their hand Yesenia and Crystal let the cloth float away from the, in Arab Caliph written, letters painted in an orange-brown color.

Every 26th of the month Arabian Kitchen had a sale. The second reason a monthly sale was introduced was because of the poor people of Agrabah. Arabian Kitchen prizes where low, higher then when Merkal has his stand, but to help the poorest people in the city they had this sale. Weeks passed, more people found their way to Arabian Kitchen. The shop did very well it had deals with nearby related businesses. They delivered serves and kitchen requisites at a restaurant and two bars.

"Fazaal do you regret taking on my offer?" One day Merkal asked. "No but it was a big decision I'm glad that Thamir wasn't a problem." Fazaal answered helping a client.
"If you ask me you should have take it even if Thamir would be a problem," Crystal commented giving a lady advice what to buy. "Yes well but it wouldn't be the same without my parents here. I would feel a bit lonely."
"Aahh can't you live without your parents holding your hand?" Yesenia teased Fazaal a little getting a look from Crysta telling her older sister tease him and you regret it!
"I'm sorry," Yesenia apologized. Yesenia danced, humming the melody of A Whole New World, around the shop with a broom brought too life by her magic. A bucket with water and a mob following close behind. Chairs, tables, desks everything that stood in her way hovered in the air till the broom and mob had passed then landed gently again. "Hey, Yesenia I need that!" Merkal said when the chair was about too sit on suddenly floated in the air. Yesenia giggled, "Sorry honey." She said playfully obvious she was a good mood. Dancing she came too him took him by the hands and whirled around with him. "You're standing in the way come." Merkal looked down at his feet, he floated with Yesenia. A second later he stood on solid ground again.
"I'm sorry madam," Crystal apologized when she and the lady floated up like Yesenia and Merkal just did. "Uh? What's going on here?" Ten minutes later the floor was cleared of dust and mobbed. A sponse cleaned the shelves and counter everything on it floated up when the sponse came along landing at the exact place when it had passed.

Closing time came fast that day, at exactly 7 p.m. Fazaal closed and locked the doors of the shop. Merkal was doing the books in the office up stairs while Fazaal cleaned up the shop. "I wish Yesenia would be here," he complained moving a closet out of the way whipping the sand under it away. One and a half hours later he was finished, he joined Merkal in the office taking a sip of his coffee he rested. "Merkal, I think this new challenge was just what I need. Thank you." "Don't thank me, I gained in it too. It also a challenge for me, a big challenge but your help and of course Yesenia and Crystal we pulled it of. I think, in a way, the shop has and still is a challenge from all three our families. Our parents helped us allot not only with investment but also in man power to renovate the building," Merkal spoke. His younger cousin nodded, "You are right, cousin. I admit I was afraid the shop would be a flop and all our time and money would be thrown away."
"Through out the years I ran the stand I build up a loyal group of customers. Almost everyone stayed and with the expanding and promoting campage we are gaining ourselves a good income too support our families and ourselves," Merkal said putting away the book. Fazaal stored and money safe away. "Having sorceresses as girlfriends comes in handy," Fazaal said referring too the enchanted vault making it thief proof.

Merkal left earlier, Fazaal didn't had too guess where he was going. That afternoon Yesenia and Merkal made an appointment to watch the sunset together at the highest tower of the city.
On his way home Fazaal almost bumped into someone. It was his new friend Makeen, the merchant. "Careful, lad. Hello Fazaal I hear your shop is running smoothly. You must be happy."
"I am, Makeen," he invited him too come with him too his home. Since Merkal would be gone for a while Fazaal had the time to tell Makeen everything that had happened since they last spoke at the opening of Arabian Kitchen.

Credits: Merkal, Aabad, Rafeek, Jed, Marie, Thamir and Makeen are my characters. Yesenia, Crystal & Wild Diamond are owned by Michelle Bowen.
Fazaal is both mine and Michelle's character. The royal twin is owned by the Aladdin RPG players including Michelle and myself. Agrabah, Aladdin, Jasmine and Genie are Disney's and, as usual, used without permission.
Story inspired by the movie Aladdin. The gods are inspired by Disney's Hercules. "Magical cleaning" (Yesenia using her magic to clean the floors) inspired by Sleeping Beauty.