Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
An Eternal, Unbreakable Bond by DesertFlower
[Reviews - 1] Printer

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
Hey! This is about Amiri and Suri, Aladdin and Jasmine's children. I am so proud of this story, for it is some of my best work and I loved writing every minute of it. I hope you enjoy it as well. Please review. Thank you!
“Ugh! You can’t fathom how mad you make me!” The princess yelled, her anger directed toward a certain prince.

“Well, you can’t fathom how mad you make me!” The prince returned, knowing it would not help the situation. The princess screamed out of anger again and began to storm out of the throne room. The prince sighed, now wanting to calm her down. He went after her and reached for her hand, but without breaking a stride she jerked her hand out of reach of him and said,

“No, don’t touch me!”

She left the throne room, thankful the prince was not still following her. She went down the hallways that led to the staircase that took her to her bedchamber. When she got there, all she could do was pace the room. The princess paced her room like a demanded lioness, the one who takes charge. Indeed that the situation she was in, having great responsibly thrust upon her so suddenly. Things weren’t going to get any easier, she knew. She also knew that the only way it would get easier is if she got along with her equal in this situation better. At that thought, she got frustrated all over again. He isn’t my equal, she thought, he is High Prince of Agrabah, my Lord and Sire and therefore above me, and his word will be done! The princess sighed, wishing she could find an easier way for them to work together.

Amiri stood there, left only to stare at the entrance of the throne room. Stunned, he was left wondering how his argument with Suri had happened. The last thing he remembered before the yelling had begun was he and his sister were discussing an issue that was of some importance, and they each took a stance on it and each defended their views. One argument lead to another, and then Suri had finally had enough.

Amiri and Suri, since their earliest days had been extremely close. They each knew they could tell the other anything, which lead them to often confiding in the other. As children, they played together on the palace grounds, their antics becoming infamous. Amiri and Suri were both happy while growing up, each getting more mature and responsible as they got older, and they only got closer.

Only three days before, Amiri and Suri were left as Prince Regent and Princess Regent. They would keep those titles for over a month until their mother and father returned from their journey to a foreign kingdom to see to some business with the ruler of that kingdom.

Both Amiri and Suri had the best education growing up, and both were intelligent. Amiri felt that him and Suri were ready for this responsibility, that being ruling the city of Agrabah in place of it’s great rulers the Sultan and Sultana. Though they were only 22 and 19 years old, he felt that him and Suri were ready to take on this task. Amiri also knew that it would be best if he let Suri calm down before he went and apologized to her.

Late that night, it was a clear, calm evening as Suri stood by her window, gazing out into the sky. She stood with her arms crossed, wrapping her robe around her to protect her from the cool breeze that would come in from time to time. Suri still hadn’t spoken to her brother since their quarrel that afternoon. It too, would slip into her mind from time to time. Suddenly, Suri heard the quiet sound of her door opening and then shutting, and she knew it was Amiri.

“What are you doing? It’s complete darkness in here.” Amiri said as he walked up to her, a little laugh in his voice, though Suri could detect a hint of concern, as she sometimes did in her older brothers voice.

“Nothing.” She said quietly as she looked to the ground.

“Oh, Suri. You’re not still mad at me, are you?” Amiri asked, only to have Suri look away from him and out into the night sky. He could tell that it wasn’t in anger though. “Suri, I’m sorry. I should’ve never raised my voice at you. Forgive me.”

Suri turned and looked at Amiri, and saw-even in the darkness-that his regret was genuine. She moved closer to him and let her head rest on his chest, glad when his arms went around her. Though she was just starting to show it, Amiri had known that something was bothering Suri. His hand went to the back of her head, and she brought her face up to look at him, it was then he said,

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s just all this responsibility and pressure. Three days ago we were left in Agrabah, trusted to care for it and it’s people as if we were Sultan and Sultana-”

“Which we are in all but name.” Amiri said, as if to convince her. Suri’s face hardened, but softened quickly,

“Yes, I know that. I guess...I’m still adjusting.”

“So am I,” He said gently, wanting Suri to know that she wasn’t in this alone, that he was going through the same thing as her. “But, it will get better.”

“Why are you being so nice to me after today? I thought it disastrous.” Suri said shaking her head.

“Because you are my sweet, younger sister,” Amiri said, taking her hand and holding it in his, “And it’s my duty to comfort you, to protect you and keep you from harm, to love you, and to make you happy.”

Suri’s other hand then went over Amiri’s, and she smiled, which made him do the same, so happy to see her smile,

“Brother, I wish to do all those for you, too. I know we get mad at each other sometimes, but know that I’m glad I will have you through this…test that will be the next month.”

“I’m glad to have you, too.” Amiri said. They both smiled and embraced once again. Amiri left for his room a few moments later, each having the lingering feeling of warmth and sibling affection with them. Suri knew that Amiri was never far away though, his room being just down the hall from hers. There in fact was a secret passageway that connected their rooms. Amiri and Suri would have the palace to themselves for over a month, but they always had had the wing they were in now to themselves, their rooms being in the opposite wing as their parents’.

Three days later, Suri walked into a room aimlessly as she looked through the papers that she was bringing for Amiri, the two of them attending to business in a rhythm that was becoming easier for them as the days went on. She walked up to the great desk Amiri was sitting at, and he looked up at her and asked,

“What have you been working on?”

“Oh, nothing,” Suri said sweetly, “Just planning the banquet that were hosting here soon.”

“Oh, how is that going?”

“Alright, but it would be great if you could help me.” Suri said, leaning closer to him, smiling and hinting at him.

“Suri, I would, but I’m so busy with all this,” He motioned to the many papers on his desk that needed his attention and approval, “I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s alright. I understand.”

Amiri nodded, and Suri pressed her lips together before saying to break the silence,

“Here are the papers you asked for.”

“Thank you, Suri.”

Suri nodded and backed up before turning and walking toward the exit. Before leaving, she stood in the doorway and looked at Amiri. So he is getting caught up in his work after all, she thought. She then left and went back to work.

The next afternoon, Suri was in the throne room sitting in her mother’s throne when Amiri walked in, to which the princess was surprised,

“What are you doing here? I thought you had too much work to do.”

“Well, I worked late last night so I could help you.”

Amiri shrugged, and Suri showed her gratitude with a smile,

“Thank you.”

Amiri smiled, and walked up the steps to his throne and sat next to Suri and leaned close to her,

“Alright, what are you working on?”

“Well, you don’t need to worry about the invitations, they were sent out weeks ago.” Suri said smoothly.

“Can I see the guest list?” Amiri asked, and she handed it to him. As his eyes skimmed it, he raised his eye brows, “Oh, I see you beefed it up.”

“Yes, but you’re not saying there’s too many people, are you?”

“No.”

“Alright then, you’ll deal with it.”

Amiri rolled his eyes, smiled and shook his head as he and Suri fell into discussion on the banquet, the first they were doing completely on their own. Though they were both nervous, they were also excited.

“Today went well, don’t you think princess?” Amiri asked as he and Suri were walking down the hallway later that night.

“Why, yes I do, Sire.” She answered in mock properness, and they both laughed. “Do you want to know why I think it went well?”

“Of course.”

“I think it was because we were working together.” They were now standing by the door of her room. Though they had passed Amiri’s, he walked her to her room most nights.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right, us being the two in charge and everything,” Amiri joked, making Suri laugh. “I think we should do that from now on; Work together.”

Suri smiled and nodded, then leaned up and kissed Amiri on the cheek.

“Good night.” She said.

“Sleep well, sister.” Amiri said.

He really cares for me, Suri thought as she watched Amiri walk down the hallway, thinking that she could never have a brother who loves her more than this one. She then turned and went into her room. Suri sat in front of her mirror and took of her tiara, it being small but made of gold that glittered. She then thought of when Amiri would become Sultan. She didn’t know when that would be, but Suri knew that he would be a great Sultan, for all his life Amiri had been a natural born leader. From when they were little, the games they used to play where he would be the leader every time, and until they got older and Amiri started having more responsibilities, one of those being to look after his sister more.

“Where are we going?” Sixteen-year-old Suri asked Amiri as he led her down a dark hallway that obviously was not part of the main palace, for she’d never seen this hall before.

“I have to show you something.” Amiri said. The only light given to them was the torch that Amiri was carrying. A couple minutes later, they came to a bolted door. Amiri unlocked it and revealed a long passage-way. Suri listened as Amiri explained that if there ever an emergency, or something bad ever happened to the city that she needed to get here.

“You do remember how to get here, don’t you?” Amiri asked, and Suri nodded, but her curiosity was sparked,

“Why, can I ask, did you have to show me this? Did Father tell you to?”

“Yes, and for good reason, Suri. All is peaceful in Agrabah, it’s true, but it is because of Father that we can have peace of mind. But danger can still come to the city at anytime.”

“How?” Suri asked.

“Father used to have many enemies, Suri. Enemies that didn’t want to see our father succeed. They tried countless times to get him out of the way so they could have Agrabah’s throne for themselves. But, father defeated them, and when he knew that those enemies would never disrupt Agrabah’s peaceful state again that was when he accepted the throne of Agrabah. You see, Father didn’t want to be Sultan for a long time. He wanted to know that the palace was safe, the people, and he wanted Mother to be safe. But, less than six months after he and Mother were crowned his greatest and most powerful enemy returned.” Amiri struggled to go on, not wanting to tell his younger sister that while their mother was pregnant with him was when she was kidnapped by Mozenrath, and Suri noticed.

“Amiri, what is it?” She asked. Amiri looked at her, and straightened and cleared his throat,

“Nothing. Father ended up defeating that final enemy once and for all. He killed him. But, my point is, we can never be too assured. We must always be cautious, Suri, as Mother and Father had to be for a long time. Do you understand?”

“Yes.” Suri said.

“When I was exactly your age, Father brought me down here and told me everything that I just told you. You may not understand it now, but someday you will and you’ll be glad of this night.”

Suri nodded,

“Yes, thank you.”

Amiri smiled, and Suri returned it, and together made their way to their wing.


“Alright, I’m ready.” Suri said, finishing the final touches on her appearance, for tonight was the banquet that her and Amiri were hosting.

Amiri watched Suri as he stood behind her on the other side of the room, knowing that she could see him. She looked beautiful in a purple, off-the-shoulder gown with long sleeves and delicate accents. She wore multi-color earrings and a shawl of sheer, shimmering purple fabric. Her hair, being the shade of the darkest of browns fell in waves down her shoulders and back.

“Not quite.” Amiri said as she stood. Suri was confused, and he said, “I have something for you.”

“Okay, but this better not take long, all the guests are here, are they not?”

“Yes, yes,” Amiri said, taking her hand and putting it in the crook of his arm, “But, this won’t take long.”

Suri felt that she should be down in the dining hall at that very moment, but Amiri said that they should make their grand entrance after all the guests had arrived. Suri countered by saying that a good hostess would greet the royal guests herself, with Amiri reminding her that she was the princess and that other people would be there to welcome the guests with all the respect they deserve. Suri gave up and listened to her brother.

Amiri and Suri walked down the hall and into his room.

“Surprise.” Amiri said as he held in front of Suri a velvet pillow that sat on it a tiara covered completely in South Sea Pearls of a peach colored hue, and a matching bracelet and a necklace.

“Oh, Amiri!” Suri breathed as her finger went over the pearls, them being one of her favorite gemstones.

“Do you like them? Will you wear them tonight?”

“Yes, yes, of course! They’re so beautiful.”

Amiri then helped her clasp the bracelet and the necklace, but then he saw her reach for the tiara,

“Here, let me.” He said, and he took the tiara and placed it on Suri’s head. Suri beamed, with Amiri taking pleasure in her happiness. She then leaned up and kissed him on the cheek and wrapped her arms around his neck, soon to feel his kiss on her head. She then stood back as Amiri held her arms to look her over. Though, he was not judging her, but simply taking in her beauty. Suri smiled, always wanting to make her older brother proud. Amiri himself looked princely indeed in his finest clothing, complete with a turban set with a kingly stone and a feather. Trailing grandly behind him was also a cape that went almost to the floor. Each silently gave the approval of the other, and they walked arm-in-arm down to the dinner hall.

“Their Royal Highnesses, the Prince and Princess Regent of Agrabah.”

Amiri and Suri heard their cue, and he held out his hand and she rested hers upon it and they entered the large room filled with many guests, them looking more like a royal couple than brother and sister. Everyone bowed as Amiri and Suri entered, both of them nodding graciously.

“Oh my.” Suri whispered, seeing everyone bow to her and her brother. Amiri smiled and whispered in her ear,

“Are you still nervous?”

“No, no, of course not.”

“You are too, I can tell. Your eyes are as wide as saucers.”

“You’re not helping!” Suri said, the two of them still whispering, “Promise you won’t leave me tonight?”

“I promise.” Amiri said, and the princess nodded. Suri swore that there wasn’t this many people on the guest list. Why did Amiri let her invite that many extra people? What was she thinking?

“My Lord, what a beautiful palace you have. And we are having a wonderful time, well done on planning this event.” A plumb woman said to Amiri. I can’t wait to see this, Suri thought. She would watch and see how Amiri replied to the compliment. He cleared his throat,

“Thank you, my lady, but it was Her Highness,” He motioned to Suri, “Who was behind all of this. I just helped, really.”

Suri was stunned and couldn’t hide it, but the woman smiled at her,

“Your Highness, it seems you have an obvious talent for things like this.”

“Thank you, but I couldn’t have done it without Prince Amiri,” Suri said honestly, “It seems that I cannot do anything without his presence and guidance.” She said, looking at her brother, and they smiled softly and warmly at each other.

Throughout the next few hours though, Amiri and Suri could barely find a moment to be alone and have a simple conversation with each other. They talked with guests, both of them always kind to anyone that came up to them to talk and give them their compliments, Amiri always giving his sister the credit she deserved, everyone pleasantly surprised. Indeed, Suri was by Amiri’s side for parts of the evening, but Amiri was proud of her when she broke out of her shell and blossomed, talking to this person or that throughout the evening, which ended up being a great success, Amiri and Suri knowing that word would reach their parents well before they arrived home, which wouldn’t be for nearly three weeks.

“Well, did you have a good time tonight?” Amiri asked Suri late that night as they walked down their hallway. “You did wonderful, and I am so very proud of you.” His arm then slipped around her shoulders.

“Really?”

“Yes, everyone loved you. I’m sure they’re all very eager to come to another event of your planning.”

Suri smiled,

“Thank you, but everyone loved you, too. You are the prince, after all.”

“Yes, but you were the center of attention tonight, as you should’ve been.”

“I did have a good time though, seeing as how we were on our own for the first time at one of these. Before at these things we stayed in the background, being by ourselves. But tonight was our night, and it was wonderful. But, like I said, I can barely do anything without you with me, Amiri, truly.”

They were now standing outside her room facing each other. Amiri smiled, and Suri did the same. He then took both her hands and kissed them.

“Good night, sister.”

“Good night.” Suri said, and then went into her room for the night and slept very well.

Two and a half weeks later, Amiri and Suri were walking through the palace, having gotten done with all their work for the day, despite it being early afternoon. The past weeks had been wonderful for them, everything going smoothly under their leadership, making them very relieved and grateful.

“Well, what do you want to do now?” Suri asked, her fingers entwined while holding onto Amiri’s arm as they walked together.

“Actually, Suri, I must tell you something.” Amiri said seriously, but Suri immediately had other plans, wanting to do something fun-something she hadn’t gotten to do much of the last few weeks. Whatever it was, Suri was sure that it could wait until tonight or tomorrow.

“Well, you’re going to have to catch me first.” She said nonchalantly.

“What?” Amiri said, and then Suri gasped as they came to a window.

“My, isn’t that Carpet and Genie?”

Amiri squinted,

“Suri, I don’t see anything. Are you sure-” Amiri stopped when he saw Suri dashing down the hall and into the menagerie. He immediately ran after her, but she proved to be quick as she kicked of her slippers and went into the menagerie. Suri and Amiri were both laughing, despite Suri trying her hardest to run from her brother and Amiri trying his hardest to run down his swift-footed sister.

“I am Prince Regent and I order you to stop!” Amiri called to Suri, which made them only laugh harder. Suri then came to a tree and hid behind it. She peeked and saw Amiri waiting on the other side. She then moved to the other side only to have Amiri stalking her. Suri then quickly ran away, but Amiri caught up to her. His arms went around her waist from behind and her feet lifted off the ground.

“Do you surrender?” Amiri asked in Suri’s ear. She didn’t answer, but she stopped her kicking and relaxed, no longer trying to get free from Amiri’s strong grip. He set her on the ground, and she turned to face him and she said,

“No, because right now, you are not Prince Regent; You are my brother. And I am just Suri. We have not had time to be like this in what seems like a long time, and I think we should change that.”

“You’re right, Suri. I want time to have fun and relax, too.”

She smiled, and wrapped her arms around her brother as she buried her face into his shoulder. Her feet then lifted off the ground as Amiri spun her around. Suri laughed as she threw her head back, and then she was set back down. They looked at each other, and Amiri decided that the news that he wanted to tell Suri earlier could wait. For the rest of the day, Suri and Amiri played games, went swimming, and were in playful competition with each other, as they often were, and both were glad of the time they got to spend with each other.

The next morning, Suri awoke refreshed, having slept long and hard the night before from her active day with her brother. The thought of him made her sit up, wanting to go find him. Suri then stopped when she saw a note on her bedside stand, and when she picked up she saw that it was from Amiri. She then started reading:

Dearest Sister,

I write this note to tell you that I have business to attend to outside of the city. I did not go far, but I will be gone all day. If you would like, you can meet me when arrive at the city gates late this afternoon. After that, we can do whatever you wish. Until then, please see to your duties. I wanted to tell you myself, but I didn’t want to spoil our day yesterday nor your peaceful slumber this morning. I hope to see you when I return. And I hope all goes well for you today.

Yours,

Amiri


Suri set the note down. What was she going to do all alone today? No, stop this, you’ll be fine, Suri thought to herself, you don’t need your older brother here protecting you all time. She then laid back down and sighed. Must he be so serious all the time? She wondered, he must get that from Mother.

Throughout the day, Suri went to her duties as normal as her brother had instructed she do. She had to do a little extra since Amiri wasn’t in the palace. Suri wished at times that he was there to help her with one thing or another, but that was when she tell herself to be strong and that she would only have to get used to this. All in all, Suri had herself a good day that went smoothly enough, which she was glad of.

After eating a late lunch and finishing last minute tasks, Suri changed into a dark purple two piece outfit. The top was strapless with the top of her pants trimmed in gold. She also wore a dark purple hood that covered her hair completely. After checking her appearance and making sure that she looked alright, she set out for the city gates. Suri thought about taking her mare, but decided to walk.

Suri walked leisurely through her city that she loved so much. She was glad that she had left earlier than necessary for she would stop and talk with various citizens, the princess always wanting to give any kindness she could to the people of Agrabah.

“Your Highness,” A middle-aged woman said to Suri after bowing, “’Tis a most beautiful day, is it not?”

“It is indeed,” Suri answered with a smile, “A perfect day to be outside, whatever the task.”

“Yes. Are you going to the city gates to greet the prince?”

“Yes, I am.”

“I suspect there will be quite a crowd there to greet him. I won’t keep you, Princess, but give the prince my family’s kindest regards, for he will be a magnificent Sultan one day.”

“I will, thank you. Have a good rest of the evening ma’am.”

The woman bowed, and Suri turned to walk away, but she stopped when she heard the woman say,

“Your Highness.”

Suri turned and walked up to her, and she woman said,

“The people have not forgotten about you, Princess. You will be a most prosperous and wonderful queen one day.”

“Thank you.” Suri said sincerely, the woman being able to tell that that was what Agrabah’s Princess needed to hear. The woman bowed and Suri nodded graciously in return.

Suri then continued onward to the city gates, talking with citizens here and there. As she got closer to the city gates she could see a large crowd there to see Amiri’s return. Suri was standing a few feet behind the people when she gasped. Suri saw Amiri had already arrived. She tried then to get through the crowd as quickly as she could, though she remained polite. Soon people realized who she was and said “Your Highness” or “Princess” as they bowed, and soon the crowd was completely parted for her.

Upon seeing her brother, she wanted to call our his name in joy. But she kept calm. Amiri smiled when Suri walked up to him. Amiri took her hand.

Knowing they were being watched, Suri bent her knees and bowed,

“My Lord.” Suri said humbly. Amiri took his sisters hand and kissed it. She arose with a proud smile. Amiri outstretched his arms as her bowed to her in return. Amiri then stood and Suri wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him on the cheek. He responded by wrapping his arms around her as the crowd cheered.

“I’m assuming everything went well?” Suri asked with a smile.

“It did,” Amiri said, his hands still on her waist, “It went very well; My last significant task as Regent. I’ll of course have to do my duties at the palace. Did you have a good day, Suri? Did everything go well for you?”

“It did. It was very satisfactory.”

“Good, I’m glad.” Amiri said, and they smiled. Suri then waited patiently as Amiri talked with his own and their father’s advisors, still remaining at the city gates. The sun was setting. When Amiri was done, he mounted his horse and noticed that Suri was standing, looking up at him.

“Suri, where is your horse?”

“I, uh…walked?” Suri said meekly. Amiri then rolled his eyes. But Suri smiled when he offered her his hand. She grabbed his arm and he pulled her up on the horse, where she sat side-saddle while holding onto his sides.

“Are you on?” Amiri asked.

“Yep.” Suri confirmed with a nod.

“Alright, where would you like to go?” Amiri asked as if he would be willing to go anywhere she wanted to.

“Anywhere.” Suri said with a smile.

“I think I know the perfect place.” Amiri said. The two of them then set off toward the desert and rode through it until they came to the cliffs, looking down at the beach.

“Amiri, this is perfect.” Suri said, Amiri looking back and her, smiling, glad for her happiness.

“Shall we go down to the beach and watch the sun set?”

“I’d love to.” She said, wrapping her arms tighter around her brother. They then went down to the beach and sat together on the sand, watching the horizon as it changed into a magenta color with light purple, which they thought most beautiful.

“So, did you talk with the people on your way to the gates?” Amiri asked Suri.

“I did. Not too many, knowing you wanted me to meet you there.”

“That’s why you walked, isn’t it?”

“Yes, I love talking with our citizens.”

“That’s why you are a kind, gracious princess.” Amiri said approvingly. Suri looked down. “What is it?” He asked.

“I talked with many people, and they all had kind words for you, saying of how everything was going wonderfully under your leadership. They told of how the past weeks reminded them of the first months of our father’s prosperous reign. They said you would make a most wise Sultan one day. I thanked them on your behalf and I agree with them, Amiri, you will be a great ruler.” Suri said, looking at Amiri.

“So, what’s the problem then?” Amiri asked, being serious.

“Well, only a couple-all of them being women-had kind words for me. I’m not being selfish or ungrateful, for when they were complimenting you they were also complimenting Father. What I’m saying is that I know I will have to be a Queen one day but I don’t want to do it if I’m not ready. I won’t.” Suri insisted, being completely serious.

“Suri, sweet Suri, you could be a Queen now. You carry yourself like a Queen, I see it everyday. You will be ready, when that comes to pass, alright?” Amiri said, and Suri nodded, her face still sad. “And Suri, as for not many saying things about you,” Amiri sighed, “It’s just because I’m the man. Men are dominant in today’s world, you know this. I’m not saying this to offend you, I’m-”

“But what about Mother? She’s a great Queen, and always has been.” Suri protested.

“I know that, Suri, but she wasn’t prepared to be Queen. She had to adjust.”

“Father didn’t need to, from the first days of his reign people were saying of what a great Sultan he was, and Mother was left awestruck and disappointed because being Queen was nothing what she expected it to be.”

“That’s because Father was prepared to be a leader, having saved Agrabah from destruction countless times. He was known as a hero throughout the kingdom and the whole seven deserts for a long time. People were looking forward to the day our father took over the throne, and him and mother were so very young when they were crowned, but still were very prosperous from the start. Do you understand now?” He asked, and Suri nodded. “But, I know what a wonderful Queen you will make one day.”

“That’s all that matters to me; Is your faith in me.” Suri said, resting her head on his shoulder. Amiri smiled and looked down at her,

“Smile,” Amiri said, “Please.” Suri’s expression didn’t change. He then kissed her head, and she smiled, Amiri smiling in return. He then stood, “Come on, no more being sad,” He pulled Suri to her feet, “No more thinking about the responsibilities of being Sultan and Sultana. It’s my turn to show you some fun.”

Suri smiled, and her and Amiri walked down the beach, splashing each other and pulling each other into the water, becoming soaking wet. They then walked along the beach some more.

“What’s that?” Suri asked, pointing to what looked like a cave.

“I don’t know. I’ve never seen it down here before.” Amiri said. He started to walk toward the cave when Suri grabbed his arm,

“Wait! What if it’s dangerous?” She asked, and Amiri gave a small laugh,

“Suri, it’s just a cave, what’s the worst that could happen?”

Suri just sighed and gave her brother a hard look, but held onto his arm as they walked toward the cave. Suri was most cautious, finding it strange that a cave would just appear on the shore, but she knew that Amiri would keep her safe, as he’d always done. They got to entrance of the cave and Amiri looked inside. Suri though, noticed that the sun was almost completely behind the horizon. But, she knew that tonight was also a full moon and they would get some light from that when nightfall was entirely upon them.

“Suri, I think it’s alright, let’s take a look-” Amiri was abruptly cut off when the ground beneath them gave in and the two of them were left falling into the Earth. They both screamed, but they soon noticed that they were waist deep in mud. Suri panted as she looked around, with Amiri also surveying their surroundings-though he was quite as panicked as his sister.

“Amiri, what happened? Where are we?” Suri asked.

“I don’t know. We need to find a way out.” Amiri said. The two of them then got to ankle-deep mud so they could walk, and they stood at a wall knowing they were underground. Amiri looked up, and Suri said,

“Look!” Amiri then came up to her, “It’s vine that leads up to an opening and we can get out of here.”

Amiri squinted to see the opening, and he could see that it was only way out.

“Yes, but, Suri-” He was cut off when he felt something grab his leg. He looked down to see an arm coming out of the mud that was also made of mud. He then realized where they were.

“Al muddy!” He said.

“What?” Suri asked.

“Suri, the cave was a trap to get us down here! The Al muddy, Father had to escape from them and defeat them on more than one occasion.” He then took out his sword and slashed the arm, but it only connected to an Al muddy that was taking full form.

“Yes, but he had Genie and Carpet. It’s just the two of us!” Suri said. “What are we going to do?”

“Eden!” Amiri and Suri exclaimed with realization in unison.

“Suri, go back to Agrabah as fast as you can. Go to Dhandi’s, get Eden and both you get here. Do you understand?”

“Yes,” Suri said, the two of them quickly being surrounded by Al muddy, “Will you be alright though?”

Amiri slashed another Al muddy,

“Yes! Just climb up into that opening, you’re the only one small enough to get through it!”

Suri then nodded and started climbing up the vine.

“And hurry!” Amiri yelled, and Suri climbed as fast as she could. When she reached the opening, she climbed through it, noting that she barely got through it, Amiri being right when he said that she was the only one small enough to fit through it. Suri then ran to Amiri’s horse and mounted it and went as fast as she could to Agrabah. When she got to Dhandi’s house, she banged loudly on the door. Dhandi, now in his early thirties, answered it,

“Your Highness.” He said, surprised, “Are you alright?”

“No, Amiri and I fell into a trap of the Al muddy. Our father and mother are away and so it Genie and Carpet. We need Eden!”

“Yes, of course.” Dhandi said, and went to Eden’s bottle and rubbed it. She came out with a mud mask and cucumbers over her eyes,

“Can you just give me a few more minutes? I’m not finished with my facial yet.”

“Eden!” Suri exclaimed, and Eden came up to her,

“Suri, what is it?”

“Amiri, as we speak, is facing a small army of Al muddy. We were caught in one of their traps and you’re the only one that can help us.” Suri explained, now fully panicked. Eden then became enraged,

“They picked the wrong prince and princess to trap today! Come on, Suri, let’s go rescue your brother.”

The two of them left Agrabah and went back to where the cave was.

“He’s down there.” Suri pointed to the small hole. Eden turned to her and said, as if there was nothing to worry about,

“Girlfriend, don’t worry about a thing, I’m sure there isn’t that many of th-” An arm of an Al muddy then reached out of the hold and grabbed Eden by the tail and pulled her down into the hole. Eden shrieked.

“Eden!” Suri called, but then she herself was pulled down into the ground, only to see Eden and Amiri fighting off the Al muddy.

“There’s too many of them!” Amiri said, swinging his sword at one of them.

Eden scoffed. She then turned into a gourmet chef and made a large oven appear. One by one she put the Al muddy on cake sheets and put them in the oven to bake until they were hard as rock then she smashed them against the wall.

“Eden, there’s still too many!” Suri exclaimed, now standing by Amiri. Eden thought for a second and then snapped her fingers.

“I’ve got it! You kids hold tight, I’ll be back.”

Amiri and Suri nodded, he ready with his sword. Eden meanwhile went to the Frozen North and got a huge chunk of ice, planning to freeze the Al muddy. She went back to the beach with the ice in tow.

Amiri and Suri stood, waiting for Eden. Suddenly, they were in layers of warm clothing. Snow and freezing cold wind came in through the opening. The Al muddy that were surrounding them slowed down as ice began to cover them and soon they were completely frozen.

“Oh, my.” Suri said. Amiri just smiled and took her by the arms.

“We’re okay!”

Still in each other’s arms, they were sent up to the beach and were back in their normal clothing. Nightfall was now completely upon them.

“And it’s all thanks to you, Eden.” Amiri said, releasing Suri and turning to face her.

“Ah, no problem.” Eden said, blushing and acting bashful.

“Thank you, Eden.” Suri said sweetly, and her and Eden embraced.

“Anytime, girly. You’re one tough cookie, you know that?”

“Yeah,” Suri turned to look at Amiri, “I get that a lot.”

The three of them smiled and soon went back to Agrabah.

“Well, that was an adventure.” Amiri concluded, him and Suri now sitting on the steps that led to the throne room, the two of them looking up at the stars and each other.

“Yes, it was. But, I was with you, so I wasn’t scared.”

Amiri gave a small smile,

“Suri, you’re going to have to learn to not to be scared-even if I’m not there.”

Amiri said the words gently, trying to make Suri understand that he wasn’t always going to be able to be with her.

“In that case, I must confess something that’s been on my mind for a long time now,” Suri said, Amiri silently telling her that whatever it was, he would understand, and she took a deep breath, “I don’t ever want to get married.”

Amiri laughed a little and asked, as if assuring her that it wasn’t all that bad,

“Why ever not? Any man should consider himself lucky to marry you.”

“Because, Amiri, I don’t want to leave Agrabah. I don’t want to leave Father and Mother. But most of all: I don’t want to leave you, my hero.”

“Oh, Suri,” Amiri whispered. He put an arm around her. “I want you to find happiness one day, and I know you will. You will be Queen, as you were born to be, where ever it may be. Understand, Suri, I want you to always stay here, too. But, I also want you to find a man that will love you and let you be Queen in your own right and rule the kingdom with him at his side, like Father did with Mother. And look at them, they’re the two greatest monarchs in the Seven Deserts.”

Suri smiled at the thought of her parents, but then Amiri continued, which she also welcomed,

“And if your husband ever does anything to hurt you, I will make him pay. I will never leave you, Suri. I will always be there for you, and it is a privilege and a pleasure looking after such a wonderful sister.”

“Thank you.” Suri whispered, overcome with emotion. She rested her head on Amiri’s shoulder, with him resting his head on hers, each wrapped in the other’s affection.

“Look,” Amiri said, pointing toward the sky. Suri looked up to see a shooting star going across the sky. “Make a wish.” Amiri told her. They were silent for a moment, and Suri said,

“You know, it is said that comets foretell the death of kings.”

“But, I’m not going to be a king, I’m going to be a Sultan.” Amiri said simply.

Suri shook her head, and then looked at Amiri,

“It doesn’t matter: You are King of my world, and you always will be.”

“I love you, Suri.”

“I love you, too, Amiri.” She whispered, once again leaning her head on her brother’s shoulder, knowing in her heart that he would always offer it to her whenever she needed it, and she was grateful beyond words for the greatest love in her life.

Eden smiled as she watched the Prince and Princess, never seeing two people that loved each other in such a way as these two did. Amiri and Suri were brother and sister, but Eden knew that they would do anything for each other, which is a special kind of love indeed.






*Amiri and Suri belong to me. If you wish to use them in your story, ask my permission.
*Eden belongs to Disney