Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
breaking the cycle by yocelin13
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
Amina was an 11 year old girl living in the poorest part of Agrabah.
She ran away from home to escape her family, and began living on the streets, selling her body for food.
Then she met him…Rama he was 16, but…she was in love she gave him anything he wanted at whatever the cost, including her innocence, fully aware of the dangers associated with such actions.

She chooses to let him have his way with her, ‘After all its not like anyone would care’ she would often think. As the days went by her belly grew, overjoyed at the prospect of having a child she told him, embarrassed and scared for his reputation Rama left her with the baby.
She was alone, bitter, and cold.
Once her daughter was born she once again began to sell her body, inwardly she hoped her daughter would not be the same.

Sahara is 10 years old, she lives with her mother who had her at a young age, she often wondered why she had never met her father.

Her mother never told her, often retreating to her room or dismissing her altogether. Her step-father would then proceed to yell at her and abuse her, for if her mother was in one of those moods then she would not give him what he wanted, this often angered him to no end.
People often saw her bruises and asked her about them, like her mother she’d dismiss such questions and continued on her way.
Her best and only friend Kantar, was the only one who knew and understood her situation having grown up in a similar predicament.
She had grown to admire and love him, however one day…his own father had killed him aind his mother in an act of rage.

From then on she was on her own… as the days passed, the fights between her mother and her stepfather became frequent, she couldn’t handle it anymore and ran away.
Sahara is an adult now and like her mother before her sells her body to survive…

9 year old Sadira sits in her room crying again…
Her mother is fighting with a man she brought home again.
Always the same routine… she brings home a man that she thinks is a good person…the laughing and joking is soon replaced with anger and yelling.

After her mother drinks herself to sleep, the men sneak in her room and try to have their way with her, but she tries to fight back, beating her into submission they take what they want and leave. The next day she tries to tell her mother only to be dismissed by her….
Wiping her tears, she jumps out the window and runs away.

Sadira steals food as a means of survival refusing to follow in her mother and grandmother’s foot steps.
However seeing those girls walk by…those girls who sell their bodies she licks her lips at the delicious food they bring, looking down at her measly catch she considers joining them…as a means to survive… she looks up to see a man giving her a shady gesture… she starts walking towards him resigning herself to her destiny.
“Sadira!” she hears a familiar voice call.
She turns to see Jasmine and Aladdin waving at her.
A smile forms on her face as she waves and walks toward them, she stops and glances back at the man who has chosen another girl.
She turns her head back and continues walking to her friends.
Unlike her grandmother and mother before her, she has people who lover and care for her.
She doesn’t need to accept a shady gesture with her friends there to help her… she can break the cycle.