Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
The Phoenix Gate by ellahello
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
The Phoenix Gate
Chapter 1

“Another useless book!!!” Mozenrath exclaimed as he threw another spell book into the nearby fireplace enraged with anger. It had been a whole year since that street rat Aladdin had taken his only source of power away from him. He ordered Xerxes to retrieve the Gauchlet a number of times, but every time got caught stealing it ether by the Street rat or the Guards. He decided that he needed a new source of power... one that made the Gauchlet look like a Meer parlor trick and make even the bravest of men grovel at his feet. He had been looking in his old master Destains’ library for three days now looking for a book that could at least give him a clue on how to gain that amount of power...So far he had found nothing, not a single clue. But he wasn’t going to give up that easily. He knew that if you really want something you have to work for it.

“Master not happy?” Xerxes said in a concerned tone. “What do you think Xerxes?” Mozenrath said in an angry and annoyed tone “DO I LOOK HAPPY!!!” Xerxes gulped now very frightened of his young master. He gathered up all the bravery he had left and said “n...n...n...no m..M...Master”... “EXACTLY!!” Mozenrath said angrily as he grabbed xerxes tightly by the throat and threw him at the wall. Shortly after he leaned against a nearby table and started to sulk.

Little did he know that what seemed to be a ghostly presence was watching him. “He doesn’t know how similar he is to uncle Destain.” The voice said “I’m not surprised he took over this kingdom and became just as much as a grumpy old couch as Destain.” The voice belonged to the ghostly presence of Thornious Manitae or just Thorn for short. She was the maiden of the land of the black sand and also formally known as Mozenrath's long forgot twin sister .she had hair as black as night and skin as pale as snow. She was dressed in a black and red dress that was gothic and spooky and the same could be said for the jewellery she was wearing .she also surprisingly had manacles around her ankles chaining her to the floor.

The reason for Thorn being even less then a ghost herself all happened while her and Mozenrath were still in their early childhood, in an attempt to protect Mozenrath from getting whipped from the cruel, evil hands of their uncle Destain ,her punishment was to rub the eye of gazeem leaving her trapped in the Netherworld, without no way to communicate with her brother!!!!(or so Destain thought ) because their was a way that she could communicate with him (And break the spell.) To break the spell she needed one of her own blood (Mozenrath) to take an interest in a book which withholds the information about the Phoenix Gate. (An ancient artifact that can amplify a sourcer’s power by up to 99%.) Also the only way to get that ancient artifact is to ask the one who has the power of the Shadow phoenix. (An ancient power that if misused can tear the whole universe apart.) to create it for them out of their own free will.

As her brother (Mozenrath)starts to read the book, she will appear into the world of the liveing at Dagger Rock and be in the form of a big black Sand Tornado ,which will form the figure of a Human Girl when he is close. Then she must get a magical being (with a kind heart) to cut the chains attached to her ankles.

Thorn had been looking for the chance for years on what moment to put the book in the world of the liveing. Well now she had that chance (and she wasn’t going to waste it.) In a black flash she had the book in her hands and she was ready to be put into the world of the liveing.

Mozenrath heard a big thud. He looked to his right side and saw a big, old, dusty book; He picked it up and started reading the first few pages .After about 5 minutes he smiled an evil and mischievous smile. “This is just what I’ve been looking for” he thought as he went back to reading the old, dusty book.