Test of True Love II by Soohe



Summary: Jasmine awakes to find herself....in a land she has always known as home....but is something else telling her heart there is more to life then what she believes?
Rating: PG-13
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 10/27/11
Updated: 11/30/11


Index

Chapter 1: Prologue: Jasmine
Chapter 2: Chapter 1: Tangled
Chapter 3: Chapter 3: Flashbacks & Threats


Chapter 1: Prologue: Jasmine

Author's Notes: ~I wanted to do something similar to the same story outline of my first story, Test of True Love, but with new twists. It's not a sequel but I named it Test of True Love II because I was thinking to start a series of stories with Aladdin and Jasmine. Please let me know what you think! Any comments/suggestions welcome ^.^


Test of True Love II

By

Soohe


“I’ll always be there for you Jasmine.”

Prologue

Aladdin held Jasmine’s hand closer, his eyes openly reflecting the love he felt for her.

The Princess smiled softly as his simple words echoed within her heart, staying somewhere sacred. She longed to capture the moment to forever lock the memory deep in the pages of her own happiness...A happiness she never dreamed would be stolen away.

She nudged him playfully, unable to hide her own amusement.

“Oh Aladdin...you never run out of corny lines do you?” Jasmine replied suppressing a laugh. She leaned forward and gently rested her head on his shoulder, sighing peacefully in his embrace. The sun was finally setting in the distance, casting sapphire and ruby rays across the desert sky.

“You love them, ”Aladdin added with a slight boyish grin as he wrapped his arms protectively around her.

The day was fading into a cooler, darker night. Jasmine felt a nagging fear tug at the warmth Aladdin had always offered her through every spell, curse, monster, and sorcerer they had faced in the past.

She looked at him silently, a new seriousness overshadowing the playfulness in her voice.

“Do you think we’ll make it? Do you think our love is enough?”

Her words hung questioningly in the air and time seemed to suspend as she waited breathlessly for his answer.

Aladdin sensed the edge of worry hidden thinly in the veil of fears she always tried to mask with strength. He reached out and lifted her chin, his touch tender.

“We’ll make it as long as we face the future together....” His eyes searched hers and he saw doubt shining deep in her hazel eyes. He lightly kissed her forehead, whispering in her ear.

“Happily ever after is just a promise meant for fairy tales Jasmine....real love has more sides to it...But I always wish for your happiness more then anything.”


Jasmine closed her eyes, his words waiting patiently for her to one day understand. She spoke with her eyes closed, the stillness in her heart finally settling.


“I trust in us....I love you, Aladdin.”



Present

Jasmine lost herself in the darkness swirling beyond the horizon...Black sands blanketed the desert as far as her hazel eyes could reach. A deeper coolness brushed her heart as a deadly silence shadowed the lands of its ruler, any sign of life long extinguished.


She wondered if there was a place past the land of the dead....one where light reflected more then the emptiness she had always held as far back as she could remember.


No love could be given to the one she had once spoken sacred vows of marriage to....It was only a dream she wished every night to wake up from.

The sound of the door opening to her room awakened Jasmine from her thoughts as she turned to meet the eyes of her husband.


Mozenrath. 


Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 1: Tangled

The princess closed her eyes for a moment...holding fiercely to the last remnants of her dreams which once hoped for love. A love from the stories of her childhood, promising always the fantasy of happy endings.

Tears no longer flowed from her heart but they laid buried deep beneath a steel exterior, built with the walls of endless nights of darkness.

"There must be something else...." She whispered softly, desperation wavering in her voice. Silence wrapped itself around fragile hope...tighter with every second. She searched his eyes for the reassurance absent from his words.

"A way to defeat him completely?"

A dangerous intention revealed from inside in her heart. Every since the day she once given irreversible, binding vows... a day didn't pass where she didn't long to find a way to break them.

His aged grey eyes weighed her hopes a moment longer...hesitation and caution lined his reply.

"The sorcerer's powers are growing stronger and darker ..."

Light from a crackling fire danced across the room and illuminated his tired face. Jasmine couldn't tear her eyes away.

"....there's only one way to unravel them but the consequences of failing are more than you can fathom. Every step must be taken carefully."

She swallowed involuntarily. Words failed her as time ticked away....leaving her breathless with what the man could mean.

Before she could reply his form vanished into thin air. But she had caught a glimpse of fear in those shadowed eyes.

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3: Flashbacks & Threats

Author's Notes: Takes place before Jasmine's marriage to Mozenrath (Chapter 1). Hope it's not too confusing jumping around in the story, but I thought it would be neat to have it slightly out of order XD let me know what u think! :)



~~FLASHBACK to Recent Past~~

Jasmine abruptly opened her eyes to darkness...nerves tingling with an unpleasant rush of awareness. She felt an uneasiness which carried no clear logical explanation. Her hand reached out instinctively to light the bedside lamp and her skin ran against.... smooth leather.

She tried to scream but she was only met with silence. No sound escaped her lips as the words were mouthed for no one to hear. An all too familiar voice chided innocently from the dark.

"Spells are such a useful accommodation when one needs them, wouldn't you agree Princess?"

His voice was dangerously close. Alarms already sounded off in her head. She knew the door was only a few feet away...she could make a run for it.

A strong hand enclosed around her wrist and he continued coolly, easily ignoring any protest from her...

"For the sake of your beloved street rat I would suggest listening without fleeing for help...the consequences need I remind you are deadly if you choose to refuse."

Mozenrath enjoyed the fresh panic surfacing quickly beneath Jasmine's royal exterior. His hesitation was only to breathe in the satisfaction from seeing her afraid.

A light illuminated from the darkness around them and Jasmine raised her arms to instinctively shield herself. She heard Mozenrath chuckle softly as his face slowly appeared through the darkness.

He held a simple locket in his hands. A long silver chain gleamed in the glowing light around him and her eyes were drawn to the glass shaped to form a heart at the center.

A golden substance reflected within the heart...

"All you have to do is wear this...& your street rat will live to see another day. Simple enough for even a princess to understand?"

Mozenrath reached down and placed the necklace around her neck ..his hand brushing her bare skin. She shuddered involuntary at his touch.

As if he could read her mind he breathed into her ear, "let this be our little secret Jasmine." Mozenrath whispered words in an ancient foreign language and she felt her voice return. She breathed in sharply as he moved closer, his grip tightening.

"Take the necklace off & your dear love will die at your hands."

Before she could reply has was gone....disappearing into darkness.





Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=1031