Arabian Cinderella by Princess_Thalia



Summary: Just a realy cliche story. the title is pretty much self explanitory. set in the time of Aladdin and Jasmines children. (Don't worry Al and Jas will actually take part in the storey as well as all the other cookey charectors)
Rating: PG starstarstarstar
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Original Characters, Aladdin
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 02/17/05
Updated: 09/15/05


Index

Chapter 1: The prince
Chapter 2: the maid
Chapter 3: the sister
Chapter 4: The princess
Chapter 5: the food chain


Chapter 1: The prince

Aladdin walked down the crowded streets of Agrabah with his 17-year-old son Zahred looking around for something to do while his wife Queen Jasmine walked around with his tomboy daughter 15-year-old Nari, looking for a stall that sold Jewellery fit for a princess.
‘I can’t wait to see mother’s face when Nari tells her about her latest escape to the city’ Tamir said almost laughing
‘Why what happened?’ Aladdin asked ‘Wait did she use he magic outside the palace again?’
‘Maybe’ Zarhed said ‘Hey look fortune tellers’ he continued changing the subject to the gypsies who had set up stalls along the edge of the street ‘could I get my future read?’ he asked
‘Fine’ Aladdin flicked a gold coin to him
‘Thanks’ they walked into the shabby tent and were met by an old woman hunched over a crystal ball with shawls draped over her small body
‘Ah, your majesties I was expecting you’ she said in a worn voice
‘It’s nice to meet you mrs-?’
‘It’s miss but you can call me Mira’
‘Okay Mira’
‘You can sit’ she said heaving her self into a chair ‘now young Zarhed, I’ve a surprise for you’ she said
‘Really’
‘Your destiny will lie in the city of Barahans where the sun meets the land’ she began in a strangly metealic echoic sounding voice.
Zarhed leant forward in his seat to look into the crystal ball as well ‘where you shall find, riches of a different kind than gold and jewels’
‘Wow’ Zarhed breathed at the sight he saw in the crystal ball, a beautiful city at sunrise with a large yet beautiful palace that stood on the horizon with lush, farm lands, marble court yards and a long stream winding through the gardens and ending in a dam where he could see servants washing some raged clothing. He broke his gaze away from the glass when he realised Mira had stoped talking.
‘Thankyou for the reading’ he said politely while putting a gold coin on the table
‘It was a pleasure’
Zarhed walked down the street beside his father, thinking about what Mira had said. He had never been to the Barahans but form the looks of it, it was a very prosperous kingdom.
‘Dad?’ he asked
‘Yeah?’
‘Is there any chance we could visit the Barahans?’
‘We’ll see’ he said ‘hey you know they might have a very eligible princess there but you’ll have to check with you mother’
‘Really?’ Zarhed said still pondering the Idea himself, why did he even believe the lady she could just be old and cracked with nothing better to do with her time than tell peoples that they’ll have a good and happy life. Zarhed thought back to what he had seen in the crystal ball, what about that palace could be so special.

Plz reveiw!!!!!

Back to index


Chapter 2: the maid

Bian*, Maid in the place of Barahans scrubbed the stone floor of the kitchens with several friends who were having a good laugh about Princess Saphrina, who had, had another “fun” night with a visiting prince. Ketra held up a silk sheet that had been on the princess’ bed the night before.
‘Look, bourbon, red wine and’ she paused ‘you can guess what that is’ she pointed to the stains ‘no prizes for guessing what they were up to last night’ she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively causing the girls around her to burst out laughing again.
‘Put that away Ketra’ Bian said squeezing out the rag she was using to clean the floor and trying to recover from laughing ‘if Claritina finds out about you nicking the princess’ silk sheets she’ll do her nut!’
‘Oh relax B’ said to her best friend ‘I just took them off to give to the washing crew for today’ she continued ‘this is just a short detour’
‘You and your short detours’ said another maid called Liena** said
‘Last time you had a “short” detour -when you went into town- Bian basically carry you back from the pub’ a maid, Yasmine said
‘I was visiting my brother’ Ketra argued
‘Will you two quit arguing?’ Bian said ‘and Ketra put that sheet back into the washing pile’
‘Okay mother dearest’ Ketra teased ‘I’ll be back’ she said before walking out of the large stone kitchen that the girls had been assigned to clean because they snuck onto the roof of the palace to have a look at one of the balls that were going on through the highest windows of the ball room.
‘Hey I over heard last night that another prince- Zarhed or something like that- is going to come and visit with his family!’ Liena said
‘Oh, Joy’ Bian said sarcastically
‘What this is great news!’ Yasmine said excited
‘Yeah, great! More work for us, more fun nights when I have to drag Prince Karim back into his room when he has a nightmare and scared that his sister is getting brutally murdered in her bed room because of the shrieks she makes that keep the entire kingdom awake at night’
‘Oh quit being a pessimist Bian, besides you like it when prince Karim visits you he’s so cute’ Liena said
‘If only all 5 year olds were that adorable’ Yasmine said tucking her long dark brown hair behind her ear
‘Hey did ya miss me’ Ketra walked into the room wiping her hands on her already filthy apron, and reaching for her abandoned rag
‘Not particularly’ Yasmine said jokingly
‘Any way what I was about to say’ Bian started ‘I do like Karim’s visits but not a 2 in the morning when I have to wake up before sunrise anyway’
‘Don’t tell me’ Ketra started ‘visiting prince’
‘Good guess’ Bian said slapping her a high five
‘In my opinion I think that any prince is wasting their time around Saphrina’ she said scrubbing a particularly stubborn piece of dirt ‘last night was defiantly not the first time she’s done that with a prince’
‘Your telling us’ Yasmine said
‘And the prince before last got the same treatment, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the-’
‘We get the point Ket’
‘Any way my point is it’s a pointless waste of time to get involved with her’
‘We know that’ Liena said ‘the princes however haven’t got a clue’
‘I wonder what the rest of the Prince’s family is like?’ Yasmine said squeezing excess water out of her rag and slapping it down on the stone floor
‘I heard his father was a street rat’ Liena said ‘But that’s just a rumour’
‘Oh yeah right I can just imagine it’ Ketra said ‘“Hello I’m the prince of thieves I may pickpocket everyone in the palace but hey at least I don’t need cutlery”’ she began to laugh at her own joke and was joined by Yasmine and Liena, Bian however just rolled her eyes at their immature sense of humour.
‘You guys do realise that we’re like one step off a street rat’ Bian said ‘Think about it, we do one more thing wrong next thing we know we’re kicked out and we’re living on the streets’
‘Yeah but we’re not kicked out yet’
Bian was about to argue back when the one and only Claritina head of the servants in the castle of the Barahans stormed into the room looking stern as ever.
‘Did I hear talking?’ she asked furiously
‘Uh-’
‘That’s what I thought. You impolite youths have no respect for rules’ the girls all let out silent sighs and prepared themselves for the lecture. This was going to be a long day.
* prounounced: Bee-Ahn
** pronounced: Lee-na

Back to index


Chapter 3: the sister

Zahred patted his horse and looked out at the horizon where he could see the Palace of the Barahans. He looked back at his father and mother both of which were seated on the back of carpet looking out at the spectacular view.
‘So are we going to sit here and stare at it all day’ Nari said pulling her silver white stallion up in line with Zahred’s sandy gold mare ‘or are we actually going to step foot inside this joint’
‘Place’ Princess Jasmine (who was till quite annoyed at her daughter for her latest escape out of the palace) corrected her daughter
‘Place’ Nari said to her mother before turning to face the horizon and rolling her eyes.
It was bad enough that her mother had punished her for sneaking out and using magic by forcing her to attend every formal event that the city held for the entire of their stay, but now she had to correct her every sentence and she wasn’t even in the presence of another royal family.
Zarhed looked over at his little sister who was currently rolling her big brown eyes that she had inherited from her mother; in fact she looked almost identical to her mother when she was 15, beside of course her skin was a lot darker from all the hours she spent in the sun and short would-be black hair (if it weren’t for the fact the sun had bleached it to a dark brown). But for Nari looks and stubbornness were the only things she had inherited from her mother. From her father she had inherited his mischievous spirit and love for playing tricks on the guards. Not to mention (when she was younger) taunting them because they weren’t allowed to harm her.
‘Well. Can we leave yet?’ she asked again
‘We’re waiting for genie’ Aladdin told his daughter
‘Couldn’t he just poof himself to the palace?’ she asked referring to genies love of appearing with lots of blue smoke.
‘Last time he did that he almost scared one of my friends to death’ Aladdin retorted
‘Ugh. Fine then can’t he just hurry up?’
As soon as the words left her mouth a large puff of blue smoke billowed around them. When it cleared it revealed genie looking happy as ever.
‘Yo, Al, Jas did ya miss me’ he asked
‘Yes very much’ Nari said quickly ‘Now can we Please go now!’
‘Alright alright’ genie said ‘Keep your hair on’
As soon as Genie had finished his sentence Nari sped off in a flat out galop.
‘Race ya!’ she called back to Zahred.
Zarhed obliged and his horse to sped off in a full gallop
‘What are we going to do about that one?’ Jasmine asked jokingly to her husband
‘I don’t know’ he replied ‘Carpet go’

Back to index


Chapter 4: The princess

The Palace of the Barahans was beautiful. The marble floors and walls were accentuated with silk curtains. And Standing haughtily in one of the most tucked away corners of the room stood possibly the most stunning woman that any man could ever hope to lay eyes on.
She had a look of airy dignity and her face was delicate, like spun glass. She had full red lips, an elegant feminine nose and large smoky kohl lined eyes that most men seemed to fall into. She was slightly taller than average and she had a full bust and generous hips. Her hair was a long curtain of black silk that seemed to fall perfectly no mater how she wore it. She had delicate hands and lithe wrists, which wore simple elegant golden bands. Unlike most of the women at court her clothing, although beautiful as it was, did not overpower her delicate features. She wore a long flowing white silk dress that draped it self off her, the neck line was a low V and she wore an Egyptian Ankh pendant on a chocker as well as a gold chain with an emerald locket. She was beautiful, and she knew it.
She was princess Saphrina. She was well known among nobles for her ‘beauty, social banter and vitality’. She was well known among servants for the expense she spent on her looks, her chattiness and her long sleep-in’s after a visiting prince had stayed the night.
She was smiling to her self. Another prince was coming to visit, and rumour as it he was very good looking. Perfect for her of course. She never really got to know any of her suitors all she needed to know was, if he was from a good family and if he was handsome. She walked out to her large white balcony and leant on the banister the wind blew through her hair picturesquely. She saw two people galop up to the palace. One was small of frame and female on a silver horse, and the other, good-looking and male on a golden horse, they were followed by a couple on a carpet and a big blue Genie. She smiled. They were here.
Five minutes later She was down in the hallway that lead to the entrance hall, hidden behind a curtain listening as her father greeted the royal family she chose that moment to stroll into the room as if by accident. She smiled gracefully at her father and then the guests.
“Ah my beautiful daughter.” Her father stated as she entered before turning to the family “I would like you to meet my daughter princess Saphrina” he sated.
The eldest male. Sultan Aladdin she presumed bowed slightly and his wife Queen Jasmine smiled. Princess Nari however whispered something out of the corner of her mouth and Queen jasmine looked at her in a would-be disapproving manner. If it weren’t for the fact she was restraining giggles her self.
Saphrina looked over to Prince Zahred and she murmured a greeting to them and offered her hand to the prince. He took it and kissed it gently. Keeping in eye contact the whole time. Un known to both of them. two 15-year-old girls rolled their eyes.
One standing next to them and one in the hidden passage way only servants knew about.
Saphrina lowered her eyes modestly and smiled coyly. And the 2 15-year-old girls restrained gags. The king, completely oblivious to this smiled at all of them.
“Now we can have a servant show you to each of your suits” He said hurrying the family out of the room and towards the hallway that Saphrina had entered. she kept eye contact with Zahred the whole time and when he left she smiled. This was too easy.

Back to index


Chapter 5: the food chain

“It was absolutely revolting!”
Bian, Yasmine, Liena and Ketra were in the plantation picking tealeaves to dry out.
“So we’ve heard,” Bian said throwing the tealeaves she had just picked into the basket fastened to her hip.
“Yeah but the guy was like… drooling all over her” Ketra pointed out to her best friend.
“Your surprised?” Yasmine said searching through the bush for a good leaf.
“No, but that’s beside the point” Ketra said.
“And what is your point Ketra” Liena said in an overly (and slightly sarcastic) interested voice.
“That she’s a slut!” Ketra said a little too loudly.
“Don’t say that so loudly!”
“She’s the princess!”
“She could have you executed for doing that!” The three girls said in loud whispers while forcing their hands over her mouth.
“For telling the truth!” Ketra said indignantly.
Bian sighed, although Ketra had been rather boisterous since she had started working in the palace she had never been fully punished. Mainly because due to her luck had never been caught in the act (although the head maid had a rather good idea about who was behind most of the pranks/kitchen break-ins/ insults etc).
“You should count you self lucky you haven’t been kicked out yet!” Bian stated in a tone she only ever used to shut Ketra up.
It worked.
“Any way what did he look like?” Yasmine asked when they began to walk out of the plantation.
“The usual” Ketra said shrugging “Tall, Buff, big brown eyes, black hair just reaching his shoulders” Ketra said in a bored voice as they reached the large weaved baskets and dumped their tealeaves in there “but his little sister seemed… interesting… to say the least”
“Why?” Bian asked as they walked to the large outside area allocated to the farm workers (it was very far away from the actual palace as it seemed rude to punish them like that. The farm workers that is).
“Well the second her father greeted our dearest princess” she began sarcastically “she muttered something under her breath that sounded like something along the lines of ‘like mother like daughter’ and since the queen wasn’t an extremely virtuous person I’m guessing she meant it in a bad way”
The girls began to giggle slightly, and their giggles grew louder and louder and by the time they had reached the small group of buildings the farm workers lived in they were all in hysterics. That was until Bian was winded by a bright blue blur pelting into her stomach.
“Hello Bian!” said the blue blur, now recognisable as a small boy wearing bright blue silk.
“Hi there Karim. How are you?” Bian said after regaining her breath.
“I’m great!” he said happily while pulling away from the hug “we have more guests!” he said gaily, oblivious to the stares he was receiving from the servants.
“That’s excellent” Bian said kindly “but you know your not allowed to be here” she pointed out.
“I know, I know” he said sounding a lot older than 5 “I just wanted to say ‘hi!’” he said before sprinting back in the direction of the palace.
Bian turned to her friends, Liena was staring at her with the word “Awww” written all over her face, and Yasmine was doing a cartwheel. Ketra however had her hands on her hips as she watched her twin brother and his friend’s emerge from the Royal stables in the distance.
“OI!” Ketra yelled and they all looked up and jogged towards her.
“Yeah what?” Her brother Yazid called as he came up to her.
“Did you just put away the visiting Royals horses?” She asked, while Yasmine continued to tumble around
“No we were stealing them” Yazid’s best friend Asho answered sarcastically “Of course we were putting them away! That’s what we do!” He sated to Ketra
“Well as interesting as this conversation is getting I feel the need to ask why you need to know about horses,” The more level headed of the boys (Darrius) asked
“Because she wants to know if you saw anything to do with the family… besides the horses” Bian said directing everybody to where jobs were given out.
“Oh… well the prince -Zarhed I think his name was- is going to fall for Saphrina… Badly” Yazid said reluctantly following Bian
“Tell us something we don’t know” Liena said also following Bian
“That there’s going to be a masquerade ball in their honour” Darrius said instantly.
“How’d ya figure that out through horses?” Yasmine said mid cartwheel and almost falling over in the process.
“He didn’t” Bian answered “He figured out that Tid-bit of information because we’ve been doing the type of work for the preparation of a ball for the past week and he has Asho to eaves drop for him” Bian said humorously as Yasmine dusted herself off
“She knows everything, how is it she knows everything?” Asho asked helping Yasmine off the dusty ground.
“It’s just one of the many services I offer” Bian said
“Yeah along with sarcasm and arguing too much” Yazid said Jokingly.
Bian looked annoyed before a smirk formed on her face
“C’m ‘ere you” She said grabbing his ear and twisting it
“Ah! I surrender!” he screamed
“You are a wimp,” Ketra said looking at him bent over with Bian’s fingers still clinging onto his ear.
Yasmine rolled her eyes before going into a handstand; Liena crossed her arms across her chest and laughed; Asho looked torn between laughing and helping his friend out and Darrius smirked.
“Fortunately for you Yazid I know her weakness” Darrius said his smile widening.
Bian looked up “y-you wouldn’t dare”
“oh yes I would” and with that he dove in and started tickling.
“No hahahaha please hahahahahah hehehe” Bian resolved into giggles and doubled over.
Thankfully for Bian they were all so close to the job allocation area that they had to stop tickling her very quickly because Claritina would most probably storm around the corner and they would be given kitchen-cleaning duty and they wouldn’t see sunlight for days.
“You 7” Claritina said to the group “you can be on…” she paused for a moment “well the western courtyard needs cleaning for the ball-”
“Told you so” Darrius whispered under his breath to Yazid who began grumbling.
“So you girls can do that,” she said to Bian and Ketra “and you lot can be on…”
“Not scrap duty, not scrap duty,” Asho whispered under his breath, along with Yasmine, Liena and Yazid.
“The maids uniforms”
They all inwardly let out groans, they were reduced to that?
“Well what are you waiting for? Go!” Claritina snapped at them before they all walked away from her downtrodden.
“I can’t believe we have to clean the entire courtyard! With only two people” Ketra complained once they were out of earshot
“You’re the ones to complain! We’ve been reduced to cleaning the maids clothing” Yasmine grumbled
“Uniforms, Yasmine uniforms” Darrius corrected her
“Ugh whatever the fact is we have to clean them”
“Come on guys better get this over with” Liena said unenthusiastically walking towards the maids’ head quarters.
All but Bian and Ketra followed. They had a lot of cleaning to do.
(AN/ the fact they find washing the maids uniforms so degrading isn’t because they think they’re above it it’s just that the maids are the people that actually serve the royalty and such. Actually I’ll just tell you the servant “food chain” as such in descending order.
Personal maids: they provide companion ship for the royal family they’re kind of like “ladies in waiting” but they have to help them get ready in the morning and they do they’re makeup for parties and stuff. They also (if wanted by the family) are allowed to travel with they’re charge
Maids: they serve the food, change sheets and stuff; they don’t do any of the preparation for anything.
Cooks: uh the title is pretty much self-explanatory
Servants: they clean the palace and they’re purpose is not to be seen by anyone
Lower servant (for the lack of creativity for any other name): they clean around the kitchens and servants quarters, they very rarely go to the actual palace, and they do most of the washing of sheets (for the royal family and the maids) and dishes.
Farm workers: they work out in the farmland that surrounds the palace, they sometimes to lower servant work (like washing maids uniforms)
Slaves: no pay grunt work.
Ketra, Bian and the rest are farm workers/lower servants)

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=492